TinyMight / TM 2

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Just to be clear for my own self. This O ring youre talking about, you have to take the plate off to access it? Only asking cause I've never actually seen this other O ring even though I've seen a few posts about it and tried to see it.
It is possible to replace this o-ring without removing the top plate. I already did it when he jumped from the site when blowing the TM with my 300bar compressor
:whip:

IMG-20200511-001056.jpg

Hey @BrianTL, my FW7 arrived and got stuck at customs :disgust:

JoeyB

I disassembled my TinyMight today and I do not believe I had this o ring. I did just buy it used, so possible the guy I bought it from lost it? Anyone know exact sizing? Hoping I could buy one local / online domestic (U.S.).

I'm trying the screen mod by dzoinp and not sure I like how slow the extraction seems to be with the gap from the basket. I have to be on 10 to really vape all the bud past green.

JoeyB,

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
I’ll have to check for the clear oring. I don’t recall seeing a clear one. Just a red and black one.

Faolan,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I disassembled my TinyMight today and I do not believe I had this o ring. I did just buy it used, so possible the guy I bought it from lost it? Anyone know exact sizing? Hoping I could buy one local / online domestic (U.S.).

I'm trying the screen mod by dzoinp and not sure I like how slow the extraction seems to be with the gap from the basket. I have to be on 10 to really vape all the bud past green.
My screen mod hardly changes the extraction. Yes it decreases the dark ring a little but it essentially helps a lot to stir.
Now it is clear that if you don't have the glass tube o-ring there will be a lot of performance loss. guaranteed

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Now it is clear that if you don't have the glass tube o-ring there will be a lot of performance loss. guaranteed
I didn’t notice that much performance loss without it for several weeks. However I do understand why it’s there and it should be there and properly fitted. I can’t attest mine is optimal right now and I’ll be looking into that soon. It’s a possible cause for little vapor on my lower temp range as of late. :peace:

Vaporific,

Djsleepy

Not necessarily. With the stem ring removed, I.e. unscrewed, and large red oring removed - and top plate still on and screwed in - I’ve accidentally dislodged the large clear oring. And after months of use with the original it was impossible to put it back in with the top plate in place. The oring was so curly and stretchy to the touch it was hard to pinch it back in. I used my TM for a couple of months without it (and it was fine save the slight glass rattle). The replacement sent by Ville works great and went right in (only two tries).

With the top plate off, which I did a few days ago (bottom plate left on and wasn’t moved), you’d need to sit the large clear oring atop the glass cylinder just perfectly and then put the top plate on, which might disturb the seating of the oring atop the glass cylinder. Might. It’s kinda hard to tell once the plate rests down. I think it might be better to fit the oring with a finger or pencil eraser (or similar) around the top of the cylinder in the tiny groove of a space between it and the plate. Just my two cents.

Ironically and begrudgingly I need to check and likely redo my large oring. I’m still not getting much vapor below 6 where I used to until recently. :peace:

EDIT: if you remove/unscrew the stem ring, remove the large red oring and metal cylinder, you can BUT DON’T!!! twist the glass cylinder and possibly dislodge the large clear oring. It happened to me, while the top plate was securely fastened. Be careful... :myday:
Where is this clear oring? I have the fat red oring on top of glass under nut is that you are referring too? Or the blue one that goes between lid and glass?

Djsleepy,

PossumMD

It would appear the oring between the top plate and inner O ring (not the big fat red/orange one) has been a couple of colours. I've heard of clear and black being used, but now we have blue too.

PossumMD,
Reactions: Djsleepy

Djsleepy

It would appear the oring between the top plate and inner O ring (not the big fat red/orange one) has been a couple of colours. I've heard of clear and black being used, but now we have blue too.
Yeah and that puppy had to be on right or it does cause a loss of power and vapor! Took a day and half to figure that one out lol!

Djsleepy,

JoeyB

So if I unscrew the top ring, remove the o ring and the metal tube, I see a black o ring placed in the top plate. But it doesn't seem to be touching the glass tube. It's recessed in the top plate I believe but can't really tell what it is supposed to seal.

I looked at my picture I took of my TinyMight broken down but note no o rings besides the fat red one. I guess I'll pull my tiny might apart again tomorrow just to 100% confirm there's no o ring there and see if it's possible the black o ring belongs there but slipped into the top plate (not sure if possible). If not, I'm hoping someone can provide dimensions so I could source one locally.

Edit: as I think more, I definitely know I'm missing this o ring. I recall putting the glass tube in with nothing on top and just screwing the top back on essentially. But my glass tube stuck out past the wood body quite a bit. Maybe there's a groove drilled out for it within the top though and I didn't notice. Will follow up

Last edited:
JoeyB,

justcametomind

@MODS

It’s been mentioned a few times, perhaps time for a separate thread:
“TINYMIGHT DIY REPAIR & MAINTENANCE”.....???
for the time being I am bookmarking posts with useful information. There's a "bookmark" tab on the top right of every post. The content can be retrieved later clicking on top of your username (top of the page, to the left of the "search" button) and then clicking on "bookmarks".

Last edited:

AK47 AMI

How many hits do you usually get out if a bowl and on which temps/tips do you find best for not coughing and best taste so you can enjoy? Has anyone got a link to a detailed account about the tinymight, how good the materials are that are used, how good it is medicinally compared to some crap poisonous vapes on the market, the parts used etc at all please?

Last edited:
AK47 AMI,

angular ocelot

Just to be clear for my own self. This O ring youre talking about, you have to take the plate off to access it? Only asking cause I've never actually seen this other O ring even though I've seen a few posts about it and tried to see it.
see the dzoinp picture above.
i call it the sneaky ring. i pulled mine out accidentally while cleaning round the area with blu tack. poked it back in without removing top plate.

BubbleDrop

How many hits do you usually get out if a bowl and on which temps/tips do you find best for not coughing and best taste so you can enjoy?
It is quite subjective and as you may know, there is no fixed size bowl in the TM so you can load it with 0.05 or with 0.2, I guess. I kind of get the same number of hits with my other vapes. Also, I never cough but it could be different with different people. I use it between 5 and 7.

Has anyone got a link to a detailed account about the tinymight, how good the materials are that are used, how good it is medicinally compared to some crap poisonous vapes on the market, the parts used etc at all please?
I'm being curious, which vapes are you referring to ?

BubbleDrop,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Not necessarily. With the stem ring removed, I.e. unscrewed, and large red oring removed - and top plate still on and screwed in - I’ve accidentally dislodged the large clear oring. And after months of use with the original it was impossible to put it back in with the top plate in place. The oring was so curly and stretchy to the touch it was hard to pinch it back in. I used my TM for a couple of months without it (and it was fine save the slight glass rattle). The replacement sent by Ville works great and went right in (only two tries).

With the top plate off, which I did a few days ago (bottom plate left on and wasn’t moved), you’d need to sit the large clear oring atop the glass cylinder just perfectly and then put the top plate on, which might disturb the seating of the oring atop the glass cylinder. Might. It’s kinda hard to tell once the plate rests down. I think it might be better to fit the oring with a finger or pencil eraser (or similar) around the top of the cylinder in the tiny groove of a space between it and the plate. Just my two cents.

Ironically and begrudgingly I need to check and likely redo my large oring. I’m still not getting much vapor below 6 where I used to until recently. :peace:

EDIT: if you remove/unscrew the stem ring, remove the large red oring and metal cylinder, you can BUT DON’T!!! twist the glass cylinder and possibly dislodge the large clear oring. It happened to me, while the top plate was securely fastened. Be careful... :myday:

It is possible to replace this o-ring without removing the top plate. I already did it when he jumped from the site when blowing the TM with my 300bar compressor
:whip:

IMG-20200511-001056.jpg

Hey @BrianTL, my FW7 arrived and got stuck at customs :disgust:
see the dzoinp picture above.
i call it the sneaky ring. i pulled mine out accidentally while cleaning round the area with blu tack. poked it back in without removing top plate.

Awesome, thanks guys! I'll have to go look for it later. I remember seeing a pic of this in the past and trying to look for it, but never saw it... I'll take a better look later. I dont recall seeing it but I have zero performance issues, so I'm sure its there...

@dzoinp Call them up and tell them to move it along! Hopefully its not stuck there for too long, you'll be having fun picking between that and the TM!

Djsleepy

To anyone that has dismantled or partially dismantled unit : My average number of hits per bowl has gone way down from 3-5 to 2-3? I have all orings in place, foil under metal strip and after I’m done abv is dark I mean black , never tasted any charring. Also vapor not as robust.
Really weird. I used to cough from overfilling my lungs on damn every hit but now not nearly as much! Thoughts?

Last edited:
Djsleepy,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
@Djsleepy

Any chance your lungs got used to the TM hits so you're taking fewer, but bigger ones, so getting through it faster?

Or, perhaps the cleaning unit is closer to the tip, making the bowl smaller than it was before?

Or, different flower that doesn't have as much oomph to it?

BrianTL,

Djsleepy

@Djsleepy

Any chance your lungs got used to the TM hits so you're taking fewer, but bigger ones, so getting through it faster?

Or, perhaps the cleaning unit is closer to the tip, making the bowl smaller than it was before?

Or, different flower that doesn't have as much oomph to it?
Possibly but doubt it due to vapor production wispier

no same spot as always

I’m a medical needs person all mine are medical super top shelf

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Awesome, thanks guys! I'll have to go look for it later. I remember seeing a pic of this in the past and trying to look for it, but never saw it... I'll take a better look later. I dont recall seeing it but I have zero performance issues, so I'm sure its there...

@dzoinp Call them up and tell them to move it along! Hopefully its not stuck there for too long, you'll be having fun picking between that and the TM!
See @dzoinp ’s last pic with the arrow. It’s a great pic too. I never see my large oring that well and seldom look but it’s there and there is a proper fit to it (I need to check mine soon). Like many of you I’m hesitant to take the vape apart (and don’t recommend it if you’re not handy or so inclined) but it’s not that difficult; just be careful and gentle handling the pieces and try to keep them in a semblance of order to facilitate re-assembling.

I used last night yet another strain (I have many on hand, not a MMJ user) and barely got vapor on 6.5 which is unusual. I definitely can taste it and get some effect but vapor production has dropped off recently for reasons I still don’t understand. With the entire thing apart soon i want to fix the bottom contact which was bent a few months ago and lost its spring. I did clean it with a Deoxit pen that reaches that far down but it didn’t seem to do much. I want to clean all the contacts on the board with Deoxit while I have it disassembled. A fun activity over a long New Year’s weekend starting in 5.5 hours. Cheers. :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: BrianTL

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
To anyone that has dismantled or partially dismantled unit : My average number of hits per bowl has gone way down from 3-5 to 2-3? I have all orings in place, foil under metal strip and after I’m done abv is dark I mean black , never tasted any charring. Also vapor not as robust.
Really weird. I used to cough from overfilling my lungs on damn every hit but now not nearly as much! Thoughts?
Dirt screen/CU??
With your uuuuse, you have to clean it in the morning, at night and maybe after lunch? In the middle of the afternoon, too
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I knew your problem was not the battery pin:myday:

Last edited:

Kaptan

There are a few things further you can check : first try a different fully charged battery, next try rotating the temp knob while off from 0-10 a couple of times, last - maybe it’s time to clean the cooling unit?

Top Bottom