TinyMight / TM 2

Djsleepy

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME - !! The Tinymight is a DopeCannon(TM).

My Hopper io should arrive Monday and I’ll be curious to see that comparison with the TM (I’ve opined on the OG Hopper and Tinymight comparison in the appropriate thread and will post updates there as well with the io). Fun times. :peace:
Man... every single time sounds almost as good as the powerful hits! Love consistency!

SquirrelMaster

@JoeKickass
I knew about that glass tube (I did a tear down in February) but for a short while there was an additional glass tube to swap for the aluminum tube. That's so bizarre that it broke being behind the aluminum tube. There must have been a stress point or something because other here have dropped their devices (myself included) and have not broken the glass.

Email/Instagram/call Tinymight and hopefully they can get you something in a reasonable time frame. The part would be very easy to replace as you only need to remove the screw and the top plate IIRC.

@Vaporific
The first hit I took when my unit arrived made my eyes widen and the first thing I thought was "I feel like a cannon just blasted me with vapour. It's a Dopegun for sure.

thunderstealer1337

Hm, I wouldn't tag that glass tube to be a ticking time bomb at all; I make sure that aluminum ring above the aluminum tube is not too tight (which is pretty much a set and forget thing), just as @Vaporific described; it should be tight enough to be able to hold the device by the tube but yet loose enough so inserting and removing the tube is not too much work. I also dropped my TM once (hard) and the glass insert is still intact. YMMV of course, glass can break.
I think it is, my tinymight required to be disassembled to be used properly, it was not assembled correctly from vendor. Again this entire unit is held via compression, via 1 screw directly in center of unit.
It needs better design straight up..... it's squeezing like 10 components together by 1 screw directly in middle, keep tightening the screw and the entire unit shifts, pretty straightforward to see the design flaw.

thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: Summer

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Man... every single time sounds almost as good as the powerful hits! Love consistency!
It really is consistent - and powerful. My most powerful (portable) vape and the most powerful portable I’ve ever used. It’s a delight to every single time. I reach for it over my other vapes. It’s that simple.
@Vaporific
The first hit I took when my unit arrived made my eyes widen and the first thing I thought was "I feel like a cannon just blasted me with vapour. It's a Dopegun for sure.
Yeah, I remember my first time with my own (I tried @VapeKnight ’s prior) and it was like a knockout punch. Thankfully I was home I was so loopy beyond belief. You get used to the wide (for me) vapor path and the powerful heater and it really does pack a punch. Cheers. :peace:

murf2010

What have you guys found is the recipe for most potent bowl? I need a good 2-3 loads to get medicated but my loads seems very small. How large are your hits, what temp and how long are the draws?

murf2010,

Seepa

ok i opened it up and took it all apart and *tried* to realigned it, I can tell this unit was never disassembled - I was pushing wood thread debris everywhere, upon reassembly it combusted on 10, swapped it down to 6, had a pretty good session, but i think i still have a major leak, the unit gets extremely hot, like 2 hot for me to do a 2nd bowl back to back and was getting uncomfortable hitting it. The avb is partially brown like the bowl/airpath is only getting heated 1/2 way.

I think I cracked it (unless someone already had).

I got my TM some time around february and I was always fairly satisfied with the device. The only thing was that if I loaded the bowl too fat, it would produce wisps at best. I didn't really think anything of it, because I was loading fairly light almost all the time.

Having seen your complaint, I started looking at mine and tried to figure out the airflow and what the pressure differences are in different parts of the assembly. So here is what I figured out:

OqNQy22.jpeg

This O-ring on the inside of the cover plate is the single most important piece of the device if you want good performance. The seal between the outside glass tube of the assembly must be tight with the top cap. If it's not, all you get are wisps of what the true potential of the device is.

As you can see, mine has something extra on it. I did not have anything suitable (like another O-ring) of the same diameter, so I grabbed a roll of thin gauge steel wire and bent a length of it in to a round enough shape to fit under the O-ring. This seals the gap up tighter and makes all the difference. You could probably sand down the wood piece itself, but I did not want to go that route just yet, as I was just experimenting.

dh8GbSX.jpeg

If you disassemble the inside of the tube, like you would for cleaning, you can try this yourself. If the outside glass tube is rotating, IT'S NOT SEALED! I heavily recommend finding some way of sealing that gap up and you will see a massive (and I do mean a massive) improvement in vapor producing ability.

If this was already common knowledge, I apologise, but it's just something I stumbled upon and wanted to share. Share your results, if your assembly is rotating and you decide to try this out.

-Seepa

Bazinga

Do I need to disassemble the unit to remove (and replace) the screen above the heater element?

Bazinga,

Aurora

less is more
Unfortunately, all Tinymights have this inner glass sleeve, it channels the air from the top holes down beneath the heater. Open yours and take a look. But they designed it so the glass is just wedged between two rings of metal, no silicone or shock absorbing gaskets, so I guess I'm not surprised this crucial piece of glass can't survive long-term.

I was very careful with my Tinymight, it had it's own case and everything... It was a great vape while it lasted, but I think the repeated insertion and removal of the glass stem stresses the inner glass sleeve. The bottom metal screen presses directly on the metal ring connected to the inner glass, that's why they say not to tighten the top o-ring too much. But with this defect it's like a ticking bomb just waiting to crack, so sadly I don't think I'll be able to justify a replacement. R.I.P. Tinymight, you were a great little vape, I'll be back when they come out with an improved version 2!

TQuNceL.jpg

Y0qajjU.jpg
If the inner glass sleeve was made of Corning's Gorilla Glass it may be less likely to break. Would probably increase the cost but worth it.

Aurora,

Bazinga

Siebter - I did as you suggested. The screen seems to be stuck. Do I need to pry it out? I just want to soak the screen in some ISO.

Bazinga,

LongDraw

Siebter - I did as you suggested. The screen seems to be stuck. Do I need to pry it out? I just want to soak the screen in some ISO.

sorry, not siebter, but my screen easily falls out. whenever i clean my device, i put all pieces that can be in iso to clean. I would suggest gentle shake or bump, after the heater was run one or twice to help losen up any residue that may be causing it to stick. If that didn't help, i would still do the heat up again a time or two and then use a wooden chopstick or somthing to see if i can move it.

LongDraw,
Reactions: Siebter

Vaporific

Mine got stuck - under the glass cylinder. And then I tried rotating that which was a big mistake. It potentially loosens and dislodges the large clear oring on top of the glass cylinder. My first one came out and was was too curly and a bit stretched to go back in. I got replacements from the The Maker. Proceed with caution extracting the screen and its ring. Good luck. :peace:

Last edited:
Vaporific,

Bazinga

sorry, not siebter, but my screen easily falls out. whenever i clean my device, i put all pieces that can be in iso to clean. I would suggest gentle shake or bump, after the heater was run one or twice to help losen up any residue that may be causing it to stick. If that didn't help, i would still do the heat up again a time or two and then use a wooden chopstick or somthing to see if i can move it.

Never been proficient with chopsticks. Will try with a fork.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Siebter The idea is that the airflow with lid towards heater has to go through the capsule. It's forced to because of the small space between capsule lid and mouthpiece. You can see it very clear on my last 4 pictures. There's not much chance for the hot air to use a short cut to reach the cooling unit without passing herbs. The lid is the biggest part on that capsules so it seals best on the end of the mouthpiece.

I tested it myself. With lid toward cooling unit I just get very thin clouds. Very disappointing! Had to ramp up the temperature but it didn't help much.

With the lid towards heater its quite usable. Sure you won't get as much clouds and flavor as you would get with screens only. But it's satisfying! I'm moving from a mighty (capsules only) and a grasshopper OG so I know what I want.

With a nicely packed capsule, lid towards heater, no space between cu - capsule - heater and temp 5 or higher (temp stepping) the clouds are more than enough for me. Otherwise I have to cough a lot. Sure you can start on 8 and it will milk your bowl easily, even with caps.

Just tested this with a Mistvape capsule and can confirm that positioning the lid towards the heater makes a *huge* difference; using it this way still tames a lot of the typical TM punch, but feels much more satisfying and also starts working at much lower settings than what I've experienced with the MV caps until today. Good find.

murf2010

These tinymight dosing caps are tricky. Still trying to figure out how to get some thicker clouds. Reaaally wispy right now

murf2010,
Reactions: Tweakz

SquirrelMaster

@Seepa
Is the extra piece you're talking about that little "cylinder" looking thingy sticking out? Without your added metal piece it would create a hump in the o-ring if I follow you? Great tip for those that are having issues but know their device is not missing an o-ring.

SquirrelMaster,

JoeKickass

You guys had me worried, but I can verify that my unit with the broken glass still has its o-ring in the proper place:

KwN5nYZ.jpg

Can't wait to get my replacement glass, thank you all for the tip!
I asked for an extra o-ring too but not sure if they will ship it, does anyone know the size?

Seepa

@Seepa
Is the extra piece you're talking about that little "cylinder" looking thingy sticking out? Without your added metal piece it would create a hump in the o-ring if I follow you? Great tip for those that are having issues but know their device is not missing an o-ring.

No hump, the glass would just not fit snug against it.

The bumb in the ring around the base is there just because I could not get the wire flat enough with my home tools. I would totally recommend something flatter and rounder, but it's hard to find something that fits in there, so I improvised.

The only reason it's there is to make the seal between the O-ring and glass more snug. It seems the height of my device is 1mm too tall or so, so it does not fit perfectly and it leaves a gap. As we know, air finds the path of least resistance, and on my device it was that gap.

Last edited:

tokenknifeguy

I feel for you, this is one of my fears. . . .Really makes me think about ordering a backup.
Did you reply to your order email? If int, do that and maybe include a "Help, Urgent, warranty claim" or something like that in the subject line.

Last thing - I don't think there is anything 'convenient' about covid, and I try to not make any assumptions about another person's experience halfway across the world, esp. in this age of covid.
Still haven't heard anything back from him. Before covid it would still take the dude a week or so to reply back. I'm sure he is swamped but we are talking about replying to a email, something covid should have no affect on unless internet outages. Also think you missed my message in that he could be using the covid as a excuse to take months to reply to people, when the reality is that he is just so far behind (email wise). Thats my thoughts on the matter, as plenty of other companies can easily respond to emails during these covid times.

I will try a different subject line this time. Thanks for that suggestion.

Vaporific

Still haven't heard anything back from him. Before covid it would still take the dude a week or so to reply back. I'm sure he is swamped but we are talking about replying to a email, something covid should have no affect on unless internet outages. Also think you missed my message in that he could be using the covid as a excuse to take months to reply to people, when the reality is that he is just so far behind (email wise). Thats my thoughts on the matter, as plenty of other companies can easily respond to emails during these covid times.

I will try a different subject line this time. Thanks for that suggestion.
Try pinging him/them on Instagram. I did and they replied back there and then to my email which I sent before the Instagram message. Be patient if possible. I know it’s easier said than done and several have been waiting longer for a reply than me. Hang in there. :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: WisePenny

Djsleepy

Re: shipping/waiting and warranty/repair ....Covid has screwed all shipping up and how companies can do business, a super small co. like this probably takes an even greater toll, I think he’s trying to be fair by saying shipping will take 4 weeks and probably that’s about how long a repair/ warranty claim would take IMO .... even though I’m worried about some of the issues that have popped up occurring with me, I trust my thread friends to not steer me wrong so I am willing to take a chance in what could be the vape I’ve been looking for.....

Top Bottom