TinyMight / TM 2

slayyou

The inner glass in my Tinymight broke as I was inserting the stem... I was just twisting gently as I had done 100's of times before and I heard a crack, opened it up and confirmed broken glass everywhere.

Sent an email last week but never heard back. Has anyone had a successful repair recently? Are they even replying to emails anymore?

Just noticed nobody gave you a meaningful answer:zzz:. That glass sleeve breaks easily, not your fault. The company is atm extremely delayed in regard to their emails. But rest assured that you will be sent a pack of replacements sleeves in due time. They are user-replaceable provided you have a Torx bit set handy. I know it's rough atm, prompt email would be preferred!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Owned my 'Mite for a couple months and now it sometimes acts like yours beginning last week: I turn it on and it gave a quick vibration, a half second pause, a longer vibration, then 3 quick vibrations [indicating the charge level], then shut off. This happened twice consecutively before it functioned normally with a 3rd attempt to turn it on. When this happened again yesterday I then charged the batt for just a couple of minutes (even tho the batt had a 3-vibe charge already) and it then worked fine. The brief charge may have 'reset' the TM's electronics somehow. Hope the prob doesn't return.
Sounds to me like your contacts are dirty. With an ISO soaked qtip run around the male and female threads on the battery cap. The qtip will turn grey. Clean the contact point on the bottom of the cap, clean the cells paying particular attention to the negative end, and finally with a pencil eraser gently clean the positive contact inside the unit. You should regain the performance you previously had when the battery starts to drain.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Got a quick acknowledgement via Instagram Yesterday about my haptic motor issue and he’d reply more soon. Ironically I’m never on Instagram and sent my first message to The Maker. I’ll be curious what he suggests for this issue. Not sure yet if I’m totally in the clear and my unit - and the little thingy in the motor that does vibrate - corrected itself. I need to rotate through my batteries again as usual for further evidence and analysis. I know, it’s tough medicine but someone’s got to do it. :peace:

Aurora

less is more
Sounds to me like your contacts are dirty. With an ISO soaked qtip run around the male and female threads on the battery cap. The qtip will turn grey. Clean the contact point on the bottom of the cap, clean the cells paying particular attention to the negative end, and finally with a pencil eraser gently clean the positive contact inside the unit. You should regain the performance you previously had when the battery starts to drain.
Thanks. Instead of iso I used Caig's DeoxIT Gold G100L which both cleans & enhances electrical connections. This works well with my audio gear and a small vial is $10US. I was able to reach the positive contact inside the TM with a qtip moistened with a couple drops of the G100L. While cleaning threads on the TM itself (where the cap screws into) the qtip turned black with oxide but only gray cleaning elsewhere so this may have been the problem area. The G100L product also lubricates and should help with the battery cap movemnt. Fingers crossed..

JoeKickass

@JoeKickass
It sounds like you had the optional glass tube insert right?

Unfortunately, all Tinymights have this inner glass sleeve, it channels the air from the top holes down beneath the heater. Open yours and take a look. But they designed it so the glass is just wedged between two rings of metal, no silicone or shock absorbing gaskets, so I guess I'm not surprised this crucial piece of glass can't survive long-term.

I was very careful with my Tinymight, it had it's own case and everything... It was a great vape while it lasted, but I think the repeated insertion and removal of the glass stem stresses the inner glass sleeve. The bottom metal screen presses directly on the metal ring connected to the inner glass, that's why they say not to tighten the top o-ring too much. But with this defect it's like a ticking bomb just waiting to crack, so sadly I don't think I'll be able to justify a replacement. R.I.P. Tinymight, you were a great little vape, I'll be back when they come out with an improved version 2!

TQuNceL.jpg

Y0qajjU.jpg

Vaporific

Open yours and take a look. But they designed it so the glass is just wedged between two rings of metal, no silicone or shock absorbing gaskets,
Mine has a large clear oring atop the glass cylinder. It popped out attempting a heater screen mod and I couldn’t get it back in. Initially I thought it was at the bottom of the cylinder but that’s not the case. Long story short: I asked for a replacement as part of an accessories order placed and received weeks ago. Oddly too, the fantastic tear down on Page 187 doesn’t display it. My TM order # was 171 so I’m not sure if this was standard all along (and folks have glossed over it) or in certain production batches.

I used my TM for several weeks without the large clear oring. Performance was the same really and you could hear the glass rattle a bit without it. Luckily my glass cylinder is still in one piece - and the replacement oring was easy to insert. :peace:

EDIT: regarding inserting stems, don’t make the top adjustment ring too tight with the large red oring. The stem shouldn’t easy pull out but it shouldn’t require much force to insert it. I’ve never had a problem in this area since I’ve had my TM since May.

slayyou

Unfortunately, all Tinymights have this inner glass sleeve, it channels the air from the top holes down beneath the heater. Open yours and take a look. But they designed it so the glass is just wedged between two rings of metal, no silicone or shock absorbing gaskets, so I guess I'm not surprised this crucial piece of glass can't survive long-term.

I was very careful with my Tinymight, it had it's own case and everything... It was a great vape while it lasted, but I think the repeated insertion and removal of the glass stem stresses the inner glass sleeve. The bottom metal screen presses directly on the metal ring connected to the inner glass, that's why they say not to tighten the top o-ring too much. But with this defect it's like a ticking bomb just waiting to crack, so sadly I don't think I'll be able to justify a replacement. R.I.P. Tinymight, you were a great little vape, I'll be back when they come out with an improved version 2!

TQuNceL.jpg

Y0qajjU.jpg
Wow it just broke? Good thing it's so easy to replace, how old is your unit?

slayyou,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Seems like you could order a glass from TinyMight. Looks fairly precise.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I ordered off of Ebay a 5" tube cut in half (2 x 2.5") of 16 mm medium wall boro glass to use as 2 extra shorty stems. They are a little thinner wall: 1.6mm vs 2mm: $1 an inch plus $2 for the cut
1599670791694.png

Last edited:

Djsleepy

That's the magic question what.is the right.size for sleeve? Need inner and outter dimensions.and length.....I hate measurements..... @slayyou if you do order glass.pls let us knowhow it goes.and dimensions if available TIA.

Djsleepy,
Reactions: slayyou

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

TQuNceL.jpg

Y0qajjU.jpg
Just to be clear for those reading along, at least on the current units that glass sleeve in under that aluminum (I assume) sleeve, so the glass is not directly exposed to the insertion and removal of the stem. Whether that is a vulnerability for everyone over time we will have to see, but anytime we use glass there is a risk of breakage. However, we continue to use glass for it's purity of flavor.inside.jpg
The most common failure on RBT vapes has always been the glass. Didn't stop folks from buying them...

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
In the detailed photos he posted, you can SEE his TM has the clear internal oring, and in the last photo you can SEE the aluminum sleeve. So it appears as it’s both a current and stock setup. Only difference is mine has a black oring.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Hm, I wouldn't tag that glass tube to be a ticking time bomb at all; I make sure that aluminum ring above the aluminum tube is not too tight (which is pretty much a set and forget thing), just as @Vaporific described; it should be tight enough to be able to hold the device by the tube but yet loose enough so inserting and removing the tube is not too much work. I also dropped my TM once (hard) and the glass insert is still intact. YMMV of course, glass can break.

slayyou

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I ordered off of Ebay a 5" tube cut in half (2 x 2.5") of 16 mm medium wall boro glass to use as 2 extra shorty stems. They are a little thinner wall: 1.6mm vs 2mm
View attachment 2407
So did the cooling units fit?

slayyou,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
The cooling units won't fit. Inner diameter not the same. They won't come for a while-- may be pura mierda (pure shit).

macbill,

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
...But with this defect it's like a ticking bomb just waiting to crack, so sadly I don't think I'll be able to justify a replacement. R.I.P. Tinymight, you were a great little vape, I'll be back when they come out with an improved version 2!
Those glass sleeves are now available on the TM site, so don't write off you TM too quickly!

slayyou

The cooling units won't fit. Inner diameter not the same. They won't come for a while-- may be pura mierda (pure shit).
Sorry for the silly question, I thought you had already received them, maybe you can find some really fat o-rings that can make up the difference

slayyou,
Reactions: macbill

Vaporific

Not sure about all this glass cutting stuff or who has tools to cut through a glass tube cleanly. Certainly not me though I know a few of you have the resources to do so. Good luck with this.

On to a Tinymight CS follow-up related to the haptic motor issue. Just received this today 5 days since my initial inquiry (I haven’t replied yet and told them it’s working for now - I need to rotate through my batts to be sure):

“Hello, and first of all apologies for the delayed reply!

If the vibration motor is working, you should get vibration effects when you insert the battery as the unit goes trough the start up processes and gives always vibrations. If you dont get this, then it might be that there is a problem with the motor contacts. I dont know why this happens just to some few units, but it seems to be connected to the vibration motor contacts getting flattened for some reason and the electrical contact with the electronics board will not be as good as it would need to be. I guess some 6 times we have advised people who said they had this problem to fix it and all said it worked well after that. But also naturally we can just send you a. DHL return label to check out the unit here. basically all that is needed to do is to is to open the big back end screw, tool size torx t20. better to hold the top as it will come off then when screw is removed. but we just want to get the bottom off. Carefully take it off, sometimes the USB connector is a bit tight and this is why i said carefully. underside of bottom panel is the vibration motor with its springy contacts. just bend them a bit upwards and make sure the motor sits straight and put the unit back together, and it should work if the operation was successful.

Thanks,
David_TM”

Hope this helps. His suggestion is what I was planning to do but will hold off taking it apart for now as mine has jumped back to life, nor will I send it back unless it happens again and I can’t fix it. I will reply to them soon though and let them know mine is working again. :peace:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Those glass sleeves are now available on the TM site, so don't write off you TM too quickly!

It's true → glass lining on top of heater - spare part (server is very slow today) – and only a few $$ too!

Tinymight said:
Sometimes people have had this particular piece broken on their units for different reasons. It can be replaced easily by opening the back end big screw with a Torx T20 screwdriver, some 10mm is enough to get the top panel come off. Then just carefully take out the damaged glass lining and drop the new piece there and screw the top panel back on tightly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom