TinyMight / TM 2

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Yeah just turn it upside down and put some sort of basket screen in it that's just held in place by friction until it gunks up a bit. The RBT short stems are 18mm not 14 though.

Cool, thanks!

Right, so if the RBT stem is 18mm, the linked adapter would work fine, no? That stem upside down has the tapered end out, which mates to the adapter, which brings me down to the 14mm I need for my bubbler.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Cool, thanks!

Right, so if the RBT stem is 18mm, the linked adapter would work fine, no? That stem upside down has the tapered end out, which mates to the adapter, which brings me down to the 14mm I need for my bubbler.

That's correct. What are you adapting to 14mm for, a water piece or something? Those j-hooks I was strutting around with last month are a great pairing with a Tinymight and RBT stem.

lordpilko

Another TM with heating problems here...sigh....

What do you clean with? Isopropanol?
These are the parts I clean as well as the threads.

The 4 metal contacts on the outside edge of the pcb.

View attachment 2771

The ledge in the bottom plate where they seat and make contact.

View attachment 2773

The area under the top plate where that earth strap thing makes contact.

View attachment 2774

Both ends of the main Torx screw where it touches the top and bottom plates.

These points all look like negative contacts to me. Probably worth a clean for anybody having problems.

can confirm this fixed my issue, had it on 7 and got a lungful of combustion! somethign I have not got anywhere near achieving on level 10 the last few months!

murf2010

Do you have an external charger or a multi meter to test the battery?
Are you using a >= 2Amp USB charger?
Think I figured it out. But did just flash blue for like 10 seconds straight haha. It’s on tho and working fine. Have no idea what happened. Using the standard equipment that came to me from TM

for those that use concentrates, what temp do you use when you add a small amount to some flower?

murf2010,
Reactions: macbill

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
That's correct. What are you adapting to 14mm for, a water piece or something? Those j-hooks I was strutting around with last month are a great pairing with a Tinymight and RBT stem.

Yeah I have a little grav bubbler from my combustion days. I dont have a great vaping bubbler yet, and I would love to pick up a j-hook at some point in the future.

This is my water piece, it has the same mouth piece as the grav taster stems some people have been using for alternate stems:

Djsleepy

I wonder if these “issues” that come up and then go away after a short time is sign of PCB in trouble, I had similar things occur with my Haze Square and had at least one PCB that they said was bad. I remember it Was not charging and then after being disconnected overnight was fine in the morning ? Then my charging indicator Light was blinking when it should not have been.......something to chew on......

EDIT: all the electronic craziness happened after heavy use which the square could not handle. I’m not an electrician but I noticed my unit was hotter than normal after malfunctioning, to the point of puttting it down and away from anything it may damage should it explode 😂

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I wonder if these “issues” that come up and then go away after a short time is sign of PCB in trouble, I had similar things occur with my Haze Square and had at least one PCB that they said was bad. I remember it Was not charging and then after being disconnected overnight was fine in the morning ? Then my charging indicator Light was blinking when it should not have been.......something to chew on......
I've wondered if any of the performance issues folks are reporting could relate to charging the cell in the Tinymight. I have a four bay Opus charger and while I have charged my TC and DNA Splinter cells directly in the mod my habit with the Tinymight has always been to swap out the cell.

Obviously this is idle speculation and I know nothing of electronics. It's just that my Tinymight has been rock solid and I'm wondering if how it gets used plays a roll.

murf2010

I've wondered if any of the performance issues folks are reporting could relate to charging the cell in the Tinymight. I have a four bay Opus charger and while I have charged my TC and DNA Splinter cells directly in the mod my habit with the Tinymight has always been to swap out the cell.

Obviously this is idle speculation and I know nothing of electronics. It's just that my Tinymight has been rock solid and I'm wondering if how it gets used plays a roll.

shouldn’t be doing that being charged in the unit itself.

murf2010,

Djsleepy

Well with my usage I’ll definitely Will put this thing thru the ringer! Hoping it hits so hard I don’t need as much medicine!

Djsleepy,
Reactions: Bad Dog

SquirrelMaster

My TM is about 2+ months old- i've been having a sporatic issue for the past few weeks when turning on my TM in on-demand mode with any of my 4 sony VTC6 batteries.

After 3 button push for on demand, it is supposed to turn on with light blinking & then vibrate 1-4 times to show battery charge, then after pushing button to begin its supposed to vibrate 1 time to show its ready to vape. Mine works correctly most of time.
However sometimes the light comes on blinking but there is no vibrate to indicate the battery charge. When pushing button to begin vaping, there is no vibration to indicate its ready to vape either- i'll just try vaporing after a few seconds & sometimes i'm getting vapor as normal but sometimes it seems like the heater is not on & i get no vapor at all.

When it goes into the above strange mode- i'll also try turning it off and then on but it stays in this same strange mode when it turn on again. Then magically, Next time it turns on it will be normal & show battery charge level & work normally,- but i can't tell when its going to go into the strange mode.
If i switch out to another battery it will work normal again for awhile for few times, but eventually go into strange modeI again. I cleaned battery cover & all threads & batteries w iso & eraser- did nothing. Still goes into strange mode sometimes with no vibration & sometimes heater not going on.
Guess its a strange gremlin as few others have reported with vibration issue - the heater not turning on sometimes when this happens also though has me a bit worried-
I just cleaned the battery cover & threads with CRC contract cleaner & CRC electronic cleaner & did get some darkish residue from the threads on the microfiber cloth. Haven't tried it yet to see if this did anything- more tomorrow if it helped

Did cleaning fix your unit up? The haptic motor had an issue for @LabPong (iirc) which he fixed himself by pulling the unit apart so that may be your next step.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Did cleaning fix your unit up? The haptic motor had an issue for @LabPong (iirc) which he fixed himself by pulling the unit apart so that may be your next step.
My haptic motor ceased working for a few days too. I cleaned it thoroughly first to no avail. Then I disassembled it for the first and only time. It didn’t work initially then started working again on its own. There’s a little hammer or gong-like thingy inside the motor causing the vibration which is prone to getting stuck occasionally (I say this because only a few have had this issue). I do think taking it apart and gently poking at it, which is all I did, may have helped. I was going to clean the contacts if I were to open it up a second time, possibly even bending the motor pins up a tiny bit to make contact with the pads on the board, but it never came to that for me. Since it self-corrected I haven’t had a problem in a few weeks. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck!

BTW, I was sitting on my back deck last night with my TM finishing one load (one strain), then packing a new load with a different strain (why not? :) ), and man did I get buzzed. Life is good. This vape (DopeCannon((TM)) rocks every single time. It’s my favorite and such a joy to use running it between 5-7.5 depending on strain, mood and session. Cool wonderful vapor every single time! :peace:

EDIT: my unit worked fine without the haptic feedback motor working. On demand mode however required me to count to 10 approximately since there was no indication (vibration) it reached temp. It was a minor, and, for me temporarily, an annoyance. Sesh mode worked fine too during the issue. AND the great teardown posts herein provided lots of info to troubleshoot this!

Last edited:

Djsleepy

On demand mode however required me to count to 10 approximately since there was no indication (vibration)
Someone who has working unit should time from push of button to vibrate and post that way we all know for sure how long to go should vibration stop. Any takers?

Djsleepy,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
@Vaporific The one time I used session mode, I felt like I was waiting forever for the buzz indicating it reached temp. Never came. Maybe I was too impatient or just not paying attention and missed it, but there is supposed to be a buzz in session mode right?

After a little while I ripped it and it was fine though. Like maybe 10-15 seconds

Last edited:
BrianTL,
Reactions: macbill

Vaporific

@Vaporific The one time I used session mode, I felt like I was waiting forever for the buzz indicating it reached temp. Never came. Maybe I was too impatient or just not paying attention and missed it, but there is supposed to be a buzz in session mode right?

After a little while I ripped it and it was fine though. Like maybe 10-15 seconds
If you’re in sesh mode, no need to press the button. Just inhale. The vape will be at temp (more or less) in sesh mode. The only press at that point is to turn off the vape with 3 quick presses. Only in on demand mode do you press and hold the button and wait for a single buzz to indicate it’s at the set temp.

Someone who has working unit should time from push of button to vibrate and post that way we all know for sure how long to go should vibration stop. Any takers?
I said 10 secs but it could vary a bit depending on what temp you’re set at - the lower the temp likely the shorter time to reach temp, the higher the temp the longer it will reach temp. 10 secs is a decent average IMO only if the haptic motor is balky.
:peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah there's no point, it is different depending on your battery, battery charge, and temp setting, plus if you start inhaling slowly and ambient air etc etc

Yeah there is no vibration at all in session mode, I always just give it 5 to 10 seconds before hitting in session, because presumably it does still need to heat up in session mode from cold...

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Yeah there is no vibration at all in session mode, I always just give it 5 to 10 seconds before hitting in session, because presumably it does still need to heat up in session mode from cold...

If you’re in sesh mode, no need to press the button. Just inhale. The vape will be at temp (more or less) in sesh mode. The only press at that point is to turn off the vape with 3 quick presses. Only in on demand mode do you press and hold the button and wait for a single buzz to indicate it’s at the set temp.

Ok cool so I was right, just click-click-hold-release, units buzzing as it heats, same as on demand, but theres no haptic feed back let you know the heater reached temp, as there would be in on demand. And yes, no additional button pressing once youre in session! I did give it 10 seconds or so to reach temp that time I tried it, because I figured it should be the same as on demand...if its cold when you start pulling the heater may scramble trying to keep up.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ok cool so I was right, just click-click-hold-release, units buzzing as it heats, same as on demand, but theres no haptic feed back let you know the heater reached temp, as there would be in on demand. And yes, no additional button pressing once youre in session! I did give it 10 seconds or so to reach temp that time I tried it, because I figured it should be the same as on demand...if its cold when you start pulling the heater may scramble trying to keep up.

Yeah and I only ever use session, to take one hit at a time, through water. So I'll put it in session mode, give it 5 seconds or so, then start inhaling slowly and speed up as I go, then I'll turn it off while I'm still inhaling so I can clear the vapor and heat effectively.

Vaporific

all valid points, had not thought of Those particulars....so ten seconds it is! Lol
In sesh mode it can’t hurt to wait at least a few secs before taking the initial draw. I guess the same could be said for on demand mode after you get the buzz signaling reaching temp. But I wouldn’t want to hold it too long without drawing in on demand mode, but that’s just me. I use on demand mode 99% of the time - 100% fantastic (I.e. every single time :D) :peace:

Top Bottom