TinyMight / TM 2

Tweakz

Hi all, long term lurker, first time poster. Can anyone pm me the method to change the temp of my tinymight? Mine has been sitting on a shelf gathering dust cos even with it turned to 10, I can only get my bud to a golden colour compared to the black that 10 used to turn it. I've emailed them a couple of times over the last month as I suspect I've changed the temp when zooted by mistake and am still to get a reply. I'm so frustrated with it, I would sell it if I didn't think I was selling a lemon. Failing that, I guess I'll have to wait for them to finally answer a goddamn email...
you don't have a high enough temperature at 10 ?
I like high temperatures and my 10 mode is always dark brown

Last edited:
Tweakz,
Reactions: Guest399

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Dropped my Tinymight in (luckily) soft dirt today. It survived however it went stock stem first and got, well, dirty. Time for a cleaning! I just cleaned it last weekend too. But I got a spare stem and CU now :). I won’t miss a beat. The Tinymight is just super awesome - every, single, time! :peace:

PossumMD

did you disassemble the device ?
Not besides taking out the bottom screen every so often to brush off the crumbs that accumulate. Haven't undone the main screw on the bottom or anything like that.

Edit: just reread my first post, forgot to say, the first bowl on a freshly charged battery is better than the following ones, yet still not as good as it was when I first got it. 10 on the temp dial could get it to almost black (I'd call it charred), now, yeah, just a brown colour.

Last edited:
PossumMD,

ezpz

I think the temperature changed a little on my TM. I used to start at 6 for 3 pulls and finish with 2 pulls at 8. I started going higher for my last 2 pulls. Up to 9.5. Was working great for the last three or four weeks. I just combusted twice at 9.5. And yes, I waited for the haptic feedback before inhaling. I guess I'm going back to ending my sesh at 8. Nevertheless, still loving my TM. Been my daily driver since I got it in May.

ezpz,

LabPong

Just watched Troy’s review on this thing. Damn was over 30 minutes. Well done review. Really intrigued by this unit.

He is going to do a part 2 soon as well!

Not besides taking out the bottom screen every so often to brush off the crumbs that accumulate. Haven't undone the main screw on the bottom or anything like that.

Edit: just reread my first post, forgot to say, the first bowl on a freshly charged battery is better than the following ones, yet still not as good as it was when I first got it. 10 on the temp dial could get it to almost black (I'd call it charred), now, yeah, just a brown colour.

Sounds like it might be from a bad cell, might ......... have you tried another cell you know is in great shape? If yours was left at a very low % of energy in it...may need to be re-conditioned some by several charges and discharges. This is the first thing to check/change.

If you have a cell that you know works good for these high draw vapes, and the problem still is there......could be a few diff things causing this.

What stem and packing are you using? If the stock loading stem with CU is used...is it dirty and clogged?

Did you try one of those dozing caps or change out the bottom screen with a rimmed basket screen like others were/are doing?

Make sure the screen over the heater has the wider part of the flange facing up so the stem can seal off well.

Other than that....hard for me to suggest anything else unless I can see it and how you use it. Or if I had it in my hands obviously.

Hope we can get you going and that you will not need to return/warranty it back for service.

Last edited:

PossumMD

Sounds like it might be from a bad cell, might ......... have you tried another cell you know is in great shape? If yours was left at a very low % of energy in it...may need to be re-conditioned some by several charges and discharges. This is the first thing to check/change.

If you have a cell that you know works good for these high draw vapes, and the problem still is there......could be a few diff things causing this.

It does it on five different cells.

What stem and packing are you using? If the stock loading stem with CU is used...is it dirty and clogged?

Clean, dirty, stock, custom - does it regardless. My custom is using a rimless basket screen and taking the screen out of the Cu.

Did you try one of those dozing caps or change out the bottom screen with a rimmed basket screen like others were/are doing?

No.

Make sure the screen over the heater has the wider part of the flange facing up so the stem can seal off well.

It's in the correct orientation.

All this is why I think I've accidentally turned the temperature down...

PossumMD,

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Dropped my Tinymight in (luckily) soft dirt today. It survived however it went stock stem first and got, well, dirty. Time for a cleaning! I just cleaned it last weekend too. But I got a spare stem and CU now :). I won’t miss a beat. The Tinymight is just super awesome - every, single, time! :peace:

Speaking of dropping the TM, I had a scare a couple months ago.

It's story time boys and girls, come sit on your uncle penny's lap.

I had just emptied my stem, and TM was sitting stem-less on the edge of the bathroom counter, still on (on-demand mode), when my clumsy ass somehow managed to knock it into the toilet.

Immediately my hear sank and my stomach took residence in throat as I quickly scooped TM out. First I tried to turn it off, which did nothing, so I removed the battery and did my best to shake out all the water and dry it.

The only thing I could think to do was put TM in a bowl of rice like they suggest for electronics when they get wet, so I did that, then send a frantic 'Help!' email to TM guy. He replied within a couple hours and reassured me.

Here is his reply to me, in case anyone else finds themselves in the same boat:

"Hi sorry to hear you had this accident but it doesnt necessarily mean
anything too serious for the tm. The wood might need new oiling but
main thing we make sure there is no water inside the electronics chips
as this would not be good. If I had this happen I would open the unit
by removing the back end big screw and then carefully take out the
bottom panel so that the electronics board is visible this way it can
get dry much more quickly.the other parts dont care about water that
much. Maybe just the vibration motor can stop after this but you could
get a new one there easily. I probably would put it even in the oven
to make it more quickly in Celsius degrees to around 60-70"

By this point TM had been sitting in the rice for a few hours. When I took it apart, I apparently wasn't very careful, because I flipped it upside down and the glass tube and big o-ring bounced out. Thankfully the glass didn't break and The o-ring didn't go missing, but it was certainly a bitch to put back together with my fumbly fingers and bad eyesight.

I didn't put TM in the oven, but I made sure everything was dry and cleaned out all the rice dust and debris. Then I gave everything a good cleaning (one of the few times I used ISO haha) and managed to get the tube/o-ring combo together by putting the o-ring just around the very top of the glass tube, instead of sitting on top of it.

TM guy was right - nothing too Serious for TM. I haven't noticed any difference in performance and luckily the vibration motor still works.

Vaporware

Has everyone with performance problems checked out the *bottom* battery contact yet?

If it’s dirty or if it’s smashed down so it’s not making good contact that could hurt performance or even prevent it from coming on at all like Stu’s when he first got it:

I think my unit was dropped during shipping. The reason I say this is because my unit was shipped with the battery installed (bad idea that he's rectified now) and the battery spring/contact on the bottom of my unit was bent down just enough where the battery rattled around and it didn't turn on.

I fixed it easy enough by prying the bottom spring up with a paper clip, so it's not impossible to fix but it is a potential PITA if your unit falls with the batt inside and lands just the right wrong way.

:peace:

Glad yours is okay @WisePenny13, but for anyone else who gets anything electronic and unsealed wet, it’s a much better idea to get it dried out *before* trying to turn it on. If there’s water in the wrong places and you run power through it you might fry it when all it really needs is to dry out.

Liquids other than fresh water can be more of a problem though...that can require extra deep and thorough cleaning of internal parts if they got wet.

Vaporific

@WisePenny13 - indeed you’re very lucky. Glad everything turned out OK! I’ve yet to undo the Torx screw holding the vape together though I’ve been tempted a few times out of curiosity and wanting to sand the wood down and stain it, and one time almost out of need when my heater screen was pushed out of the screen ring (I removed it with tweezers). I may never loosen the Torx however for fear of screwing up the vape. That’s just me, and I’ll be OK leaving things as-is. My unit works flawlessly, a true workhorse. Cheers. :peace:

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Glad yours is okay @WisePenny13, but for anyone else who gets anything electronic and unsealed wet, it’s a much better idea to get it dried out *before* trying to turn it on. If there’s water in the wrong places and you run power through it you might fry it when all it really needs is to dry out.

Liquids other than fresh water can be more of a problem though...that can require extra deep and thorough cleaning of internal parts if they got wet.
Definitely a good tip - For clarification though, mine was already on when it got wet. Initially I tried to turn it off but it was unresponsive, so then I just removed the battery. I didn't dare try to turn it back on until it was dry.

Vaporific

P.S. I love the tiny flat bottomed screens from MistVape! Just need to flair out the top a bit to sit firmly in the stock Tinymight stem. Otherwise they slide right out. I lost the first one in the garbage as it was too loose and it went with the discharged AVB after one session. Oh well. It’s barely noticeable and keeps the cooling unit cleaner for me. I’ll order more eventually. I ordered the taller ones too but haven’t tried them yet. :peace:

Tranquil

Hoo boy. Just took my first three rips from the Tinymight and that was something else. Real easy draw; deep, punchy vapor. I kept it at 6.5 all three times and I'm impressed. Wonderful flavor, too. Though I can smell the wood slightly and even taste it when breathing through the empty stem, I didn't detect it at all in the hit. Not that I would mind. I found the smell and taste of the wood itself rather pleasant. Smells like vacation, or the beach, to me.

I'm really grateful that I have this. Excited to get my wife's feedback as well, as she's not a typical smoker / vaper.

Tomorrow night I'll take it through the bong if my WPA arrives in time!

badbee

The only thing I could think to do was put TM in a bowl of rice like they suggest for electronics when they get wet, so I did that,
For others reading this, please note that using rice to dry out electronics is an urban myth. Moving air, preferably warmed, is much much more effective. You'll get more drying with 2 minutes of a hair dryer than keeping it in rice for a week. A corner of a desk out in a slight draft would still be more effective than rice.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
For others reading this, please note that using rice to dry out electronics is an urban myth. Moving air, preferably warmed, is much much more effective. You'll get more drying with 2 minutes of a hair dryer than keeping it in rice for a week. A corner of a desk out in a slight draft would still be more effective than rice.

This is TRUE. Eat your rice, don’t get it near electronics.

datayoda

So I have a huge problem. I love my tinymight and I went to pick it up last weekend and it is not working anymore. When I turn it on, the red light comes on and start blinking but no haptic feedback telling me the battery is charged. When I press the button it does not heat up, it never provides the haptic feedback to start vaping. Please help! It’s like I lost a friend I love that thing. Is there a way to do a reset? I emailed the manufacturer but they are swamp with Covid and have not heard back yet. It worked just fine the weekend before And yes I tried multiple batteries.

datayoda,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@datayoda – So are you sure it's not just the vibration feedback missing or does it not heat up at all? Have you tried session mode too?

Siebter,

fidget

RBT straight stem arrived yesterday.
I pushed a concentrated pad from the crafty up from the joint end and loaded it with 0.15g of tangerine kush hash.
Put the temp all the way up to 10 and ripped away through my knockoff mobius sidecar.
Tremendous!

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
This is TRUE. Eat your rice, don’t get it near electronics.
Well, don't I feel sheepish. Thanks for correcting my ignorance.

i-feel-sheepish.jpg

Last edited:

LabPong

All this is why I think I've accidentally turned the temperature down...

I have never had to mess with the firmware adjustment that is possible to micro adjust the heater output. I know it is an odd pattern of button pushing to do so.....but you never know.....maybe that did happen with yours. Let us know if you find that out.

LabPong,
Top Bottom