TinyMight / TM 2

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I tend to suck load my glass stems (and VCs) but it looks like the default short stem or CU may not be ideal for that. How do most of you load your TM stems?

cybrguy,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I tend to suck load my glass stems (and VCs) but it looks like the default short stem or CU may not be ideal for that. How do most of you load your TM stems?
I suck load almost all the time with my short stems. Simple! If I want to use kief I load it by scooper first so it’s not near the heater and then add flower by scoop on top of that. Then lightly tamp. Voila! Simple. And the Tinymight is my first dedicated stem vape and it’s totally awesome. No issues for me and I was a bit hesitant to get it for that reason but I’ve adjust my vape (and flower storage) routine to accommodate he TM. Minor adjustments in the grand scheme of things to avail the awesomeness of the Tinymight. :peace:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I'm very tempted to buy a jackpod carry thing with 4 of the durable pods.
If you would have to guess/estimate, often can you use 1 pod before cleaning?

That depends on the pack, grind & strain being used I guess, but they will give you a few sessions before being clogged or stuff. However, they do get a bit sticky inside, which makes me believe that the ones with the screwed on lid could last a bit longer before being in need to be cleaned.

Would you recommend the durable ones or the trow away ones ?(still going to clean and re-use them)

I can't compare as I only have the non-disposable ones. Those I can recommend, but you should be aware that they change the characteristics of the TM quite a bit, which is why I would like to try the other (seemingly lighter) version too.

However, in the long run I will probably always prefer to use the TM as it is; as much as I enjoy some variety and versatility, I find the default way (no screen, no capsule) to satisfy me the best. Capsules are cool, but the way I pack and use the TM it stays clean for many sessions anyway. :-)

Sticky13

So how would you describe the performance of the „disposable” ones? Do they also seem to take some of the heat away / stretch the session / need a bit of a higher heat setting?

Im getting relatively equal exp with or without the pod when set at 4-5, with little added draw restriction. Without the pod I would struggle to get past 5.5 with the stock stem before imo it becomes abit toasty (and 5.5-6 with WPA for whats its worth.) With the pod I can take it upto 7, and at 6-6.5 with the pod imo is a better exp than without at 4.5-5 & the bowl is more evenly spent.

Cleanliness is subjective, im not ocd, but I do have to have a clean bit of glass to vape out of each day. For the TM CU I probs clean every ~3g, & atleast once weekly. If your gonna use the TM genreally as a portable device, the pods work sweet :tup:

If you have mg scales..?.. we might be able to get a general idea of the difference on the pods.

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
If you have mg scales..?.. we might be able to get a general idea of the difference on the pods.

Mine are 1.29g. And judging by what you wrote yours seem to tame the heat by a fair amount as well.

Edit: forgot to share a pic of the (non-disposable) JPs →
Exif-JPEG-420.jpg

Last edited:

Sticky13

Quite a difference :tup: .. I was fairly confident last night that the ones I have wouldnt even weight half a g.. so was interesting to weight this morning. I'd imagine imo the difference in weight and wall thickness of the pods you've shown may hinder the true TM exp?

Also theres a fair amount more airflow ports with the disposable..

The pod only really tames the heater from >6, I still cant get past 8 without scortching the flower. So it tames it somewhat..

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Thanks for those posts on the pods. There really is a lot of difference in them.

Are you able to blow a used pod out of the stem? Do they make loading oh the go easier compared to straw loading?

Fwiw, I only straw load on the move, when I'm near a grinder I just use the stem to scoop and finish with a light tamp.

Cheebsy,
Reactions: sag

Fluke

Hanuman
Hi friend,

Anyone had a same problem with me before?
I think i had a problem about temperature control for my last 2 days.
Now it seem like min and max temperature only. No difference temperature between 1 to 9.

I have used TM since may , it ‘s always drive my day. I use often than my other vape. I know it a electronic device , might have some problem with heat thing. But anyone of you get and fixed this problem or anything to advice me, i m so appreciate!! :) thank you so much

thank you

Fluke,

Glatch

Mine are 1.29g. And judging by what you wrote yours seem to tame the heat by a fair amount as well.

Edit: forgot to share a pic of the (non-disposable) JPs →
Exif-JPEG-420.jpg
OK, I'm convinced. I like a longer vape session anyways, and if al els fails I'm going to use them as a pre ground capsule/cardridge for easy loading the stem.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I like a longer vape session anyways [...]

Then you will like the non-disposables – if I were you, I'd still order a small number of the disposables as well, just to be able to compare. I didn't and I regret that. :-)

Siebter,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Hey guys - been away for a week, just caught up on everything I missed.

First, I'm happy to report I took the TM away with me and it just performed incredibly. I did a little traveling, which took me through a friendly area for a few days, so I was able to pick up some new fuel for the TM. The type of stuff I can't really get at home. It's so satisfying opening up a bag of quality, legal, lab tested bud instead of street weed...I'm really jealous of you guys with that convenience.

Anyways, before I went away I picked up a couple of Jyarz and C-Vaults. More importantly is the Jyarz, because the one I decided to use first ended up being a perfect companion for on the go TM usage. I went for the Chico, ground some flower up, filled that little guy up - and bam, instant, on the go loading using the straw method. Hiking, boating on the a lake, quick load in the hotel room before heading out - really a great combo. Loading was quick and easy no matter where I was. Depending on your usage style, one of those filled with pre-ground could last you a day or 3. Its small enough to disappear into a pocket and the smell is contained very well. The C-Vaults just came in handy for my newly acquired stash.

A few pages back some of you guys were talking about temp stepping, returning to half vaped bowls, starting temps. Funny I came back to read that, because I was sampling one of the new strains out last night in the TM and ended up blasted and trying to analyze the difference between temp stepping starting low, taking it high and starting at a med-high temp and leaving it or making it a smaller temp step.

In the few weeks of having the TM, once I got my preferred stem/load set up (or, so far anyway - either way, I've been keeping that consistent so I can see how the temps effect things) I started paying attention to different temp methods. I've mostly been doing longer, drawn out, temp stepped bowls but also with quite a few bowls starting at a higher temp and killing it in a couple of hits. Those longer temp stepped ones I generally leave and return to, while the hotter ones I vape and dump.

A long temp stepped one could start for me anywhere from 3/3.5 - 5.0 and could end anywhere from 5.5 - 8.5. It depends on what I'm feeling. If I'm trying to avoid the deeper high I'll dump it closer to 6. If its closer to evening I'll end up around 7 - 8.5 and dump. Moving in increments of .5 - 1.0 I'll usually take a hit or 2 at each increment. The time between steps just really depends on when I feel effects tapering off or when I want to feel more.

Still, stepping it this way, no matter the temps, is a longer lasting, less intense high than a couple of higher temp rips. Logically I assume its because you're not only just vaping the lower temp stuff which generally gives you a lighter high anyway, but you're getting a smaller range of vaped goods per hit. For example if I start on 4, a couple hits later I'm not getting vapor, so I put it down for a bit and come back to it maybe 20-30 minutes later at 5. Now I'm only getting whatever vapes between 4-5, as opposed to 0-5. Repeat that for 5 - 6, 6 - 7, and so on. It's a great way to stretch a bowl and not get too sedated, even at the higher end of things. Like I said, even finishing at 7 using that method I've slowly released everything over time in small increments. So finishing at 7, I'm really only vaping whats left between 6/6.5 and 7. Completely different than starting with fresh bud at 7, because you're getting 0-7 all at once.

Doing it like that, starting fresh at higher temps is also great for me, in different ways. I like to do this if I'm home relaxing vs out and about, or if I have things to do at home. Starting at 6 or higher I find a couple of rips will toast the bowl and it will be a much quicker session so I'll finish the bowl in a few hits and immediately dump. I end up with a more sedative high, but of course since I killed the bowl I have to re load more often. Which is fine for me, because I get a much stronger high this way and I find the taste is preserved better because its being killed in one go vs leaving it, letting it cool, return to it later... it doesnt get "stale" that way. I might do a little temp stepping with this method, as in starting at 6-6.5, hit till no vapor, and repeat immediately at 7.5-8.5.

Alternatively, I could temp step quickly, but I find that the TM gets a little too warm for me when I try this. Not the body itself, but I find the stem/CU getting hot, which translates to hot vapor. It's just not my preferred vaping style. It takes too long, time wise as well for me.

Sorry for writing an essay/ranting about my high thoughts lol. Thanks for reading if you made it this far. Just a guy whos been out of the loop for a week and had a bunch of high over-analyzing that I had to put down somewhere. Maybe it could help somebody else figure out what works for them. Also - typing this I thought of something else to try - "pre heating the flower" at a low temp, like 3.5, followed immediately with a high temp rip, at 7-8.

tokenknifeguy

@tokenknifeguy With the unit not responding you're turning the temp back up right? I know, silly question. You're going through both stealth modes to end up with the red LED off but vibration enabled correct? Does this this earlier post I made help?

Yes I did turn the temp back up. I don't know what happened but eventually I got it to vibrate one time, and then I did the process over again, and it worked and my device was able to work again, though it still had the light on. So I'm not sure what happened but even taking the battery out didn't fix the problem. I got lucky to get it back working right. I'm just not going to fuck with it and leave the light on.

PossumMD

Hi all, long term lurker, first time poster. Can anyone pm me the method to change the temp of my tinymight? Mine has been sitting on a shelf gathering dust cos even with it turned to 10, I can only get my bud to a golden colour compared to the black that 10 used to turn it. I've emailed them a couple of times over the last month as I suspect I've changed the temp when zooted by mistake and am still to get a reply. I'm so frustrated with it, I would sell it if I didn't think I was selling a lemon. Failing that, I guess I'll have to wait for them to finally answer a goddamn email...

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
@Fluke sorry man, that's the first I've heard of that issue, I think email them to find out what to do but you have to be patient because they apparently aren't replying to emails quickly at the moment.

@BrianTL epic post man! Thanks for that. Reading it makes me wonder if my tolerance is what drives me to high temp from start to finish. I often don't find one bowl enough, especially if it's the first of the day. Next time i T break I'll try to remember to try this a bit more because I love the idea of temp stepping.

Fluke

Hanuman
@Fluke sorry man, that's the first I've heard of that issue, I think email them to find out what to do but you have to be patient because they apparently aren't replying to emails quickly at the moment.

@BrianTL epic post man! Thanks for that. Reading it makes me wonder if my tolerance is what drives me to high temp from start to finish. I often don't find one bowl enough, especially if it's the first of the day. Next time i T break I'll try to remember to try this a bit more because I love the idea of temp stepping.
Yes, i m also confuse with this problem, i m already email to TM and waiting for his respond,
Thank you my friend. @Cheebsy

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

Thanks! I was halfway through it and wondering why I'm typing so much - said fuck it and kept going lol.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy a nice temp step, typically during the day or even later in the evening if I have things to do. That said, it does not give me the same high feeling that ripping a bowl on high temp does - which I also really enjoy.

To me temp stepping would be like a casual cruise on a back road, where as a quick high temp load (or 2, or 3) is like flooring it down a drag strip.

They're both fun, but they are different and each has its own time and place. For me anyway. Everybody's different!

It could be your tolerance, have you tried temp stepping multiple bowls? Maybe 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, dump, reload a 2nd bowl and repeat? I could see temp stepping being difficult if your tolerance is at the point where one high temp bowl isnt "enough," totally makes sense that you'd go straight to high temps in that case. At first I had to get over the guilt of dumping bud that doesn't look fully tapped, but for the most part it goes into an AVB container for later use so I got over that pretty quickly. I havent actually done anything with it yet, but still...

That said, to put my weed tolerance in perspective with the TM, one load at 6.5-7.5 is borderline "enough" for me. It usually feels like the perfect amount but at the same time leaves me on the fence if I should load another one immediately or wait 20-30 mins and see how I feel. I tend to errr on the "wait and see" side, but it doesn't always work out that way lol.

fidget

Mine arrived yesterday.
Decided to try it as advertised before I started messing around so 0.17g grape dosi load lightly tamped at temp 6 to start.
Wow. Had 4 rips at 6 then a couple at 7 and last couple at 8 over the night. Didn't want to try any higher but there was certainly room to.
Broke out the special reserve stash of really terpy blue zushi tonight - same 0.17g and just had a couple of lovely rips at 5.5. So tasty
WPA comes tomorrow so might try some hash at 9.
Very impressed indeed.

Top Bottom