TinyMight / TM 2

soxstoner

just got my TM2 PH after reading second half of this forum and have a couple of questions and a comment

QUESTIONS

- does anyone else get a slight rattle if shaking their TM2 back and forth a little? I'm getting a slight rattle and that's with the stem and multi-tool removed...not sure what it is and if it's just part of the deal

- does the included glass stem have a bit of play down near the heater for everyone else? It seems that, because the O-ring seals the stem in a bit higher up, it leaves some play at the bottom

COMMENT

- I've had an OG Might for about 5 years now and I'm not sure enough has been made about the difference between the Mighty and TM2. The Mighty is really great. The thing is an absolute tank. I've dropped it a couple of times and used it multiple times daily for the last 5 years or so and the performance has not degraded one bit - it's been a great investment. That said, the TM2 hits way, way harder and the flavor is much better as well. The Mighty has fallen...to the second option for me. I'm still adjusting down from 10-15 hits from one bowl on the Mighty to 3-5 hits per bowl from the TM2, but I think I'm getting a stronger effect from the TM2 even with so many fewer hits. As long as the TM2 holds up like the Mighty has over the years, it seems like a clear upgrade...couldn't be happier. Thank you for all of you here that have helped me make this decision...much appreciated FC!

gangababa

QUESTIONS

- does anyone else get a slight rattle if shaking their TM2 back and forth a little? I'm getting a slight rattle and that's with the stem and multi-tool removed...not sure what it is and if it's just part of the deal

- does the included glass stem have a bit of play down near the heater for everyone else? It seems that, because the O-ring seals the stem in a bit higher up, it leaves some play at the bottom

Regarding the rattle, in addition to the tool and stem removal, tighten the stem ring and the battery cover slightly. If the rattle remains, remove the battery and oven parts; try again, there ought be no sound.
Yes, the stem can rock a little within the oven; the o-ring is the fulcrum of such movement. Totally normal.

MoltenTiger

The button could also cause some rattle, although this should be improved on newer TM2s and definitely on a PH unit, with a different switch and improved button pusher in the assembly, and maybe a silicone gasket? But it could still cause a rattle I guess.
Try and shake it whilst holding the button in place. My older TM2 will rattle unless I do this.

I've found you can incrementally move the stem and chamber closer to the oven over multiple hits, as soon as the o-ring is interfaced the heat is sealed in and will pass through the chamber.
Kind of like a cyclone bowl vs. OG elbow pack from the EQ days.
Though with the temp dial you can achieve similar results. But you can have a bit of 3D exposed herb above the stem by leaving some space too.

The TM2 is staple.

Another shout out to Ed's TNT newer shorty 18mm adapter, it's very nice with the large bore and optional Ti basket screen.
Mine is not two tone, but cocobolo grain is always nice!
Compliments the TM2 nicely, but most importantly the function is perfect, high airflow and the cleaning will be a mimimum.

images

Stolen from reddit/google, think it might have been uploaded by Ed.

Momor

does anyone else get a slight rattle if shaking their TM2 back and forth a little? I'm getting a slight rattle and that's with the stem and multi-tool removed...not sure what it is and if it's just part of the deal
It's the button. It has a tiny bit of play even on PH TM2
does the included glass stem have a bit of play down near the heater for everyone else
Yes, it's normal
I'm getting a stronger effect from the TM2 even with so many fewer hits
🤘 I bought a mighty after my TM1 few years ago and sold it not long after because I felt it was completely inefficient compared to the TM

HighTime

I’ve happily had the opportunity to have some on demand sessions with my new PH. As others have said, it really extracts quickly and efficiently! With a small load, which is what I usually use with it, two hits at the same temp setting and then raising it for one or maybe two more hits for good measure and the AVB is nicely roasted and done. The effects start to kick in soon into the session, and the session doesn’t last long. And, the effects are consistently hard hitting! Of note, for my first session I used a larger amount of material (the same amount I’ve used with my old Arizer) and got a couple more hits and was a little caught off guard by how medicated I was, so just enjoyed it…! I also really like using the stem with balls, as I anticipated I would. Very good cooling and a good addition to the package. And, looking at the PH when feeling the effects has been an unexpectedly cool experience, too. I like this thing!!

I’d appreciate any opinions or suggestions about the 14mm connection adapter (wpa) on the TM site. How do these compare with others for the same purpose? Any preferences?

And, does anyone have suggestions for some type of attachment to put on the straight stems to prevent them from rolling when placed on a table top? Thanks.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I’d appreciate any opinions or suggestions about the 14mm connection adapter (wpa) on the TM site. How do these compare with others for the same purpose? Any preferences?

I do not like the WPA from TM that have the fixed glass screens, I prefer nothing there so I can put a basket screen in, I have nice one with a couple balls from GVB custom-made and also a nice simple shorty one from Alan at toasty top... I think Rogue makes them too, simple, cheap and nice?

And, does anyone have suggestions for some type of attachment to put on the straight stems to prevent them from rolling when placed on a table top? Thanks.

I suppose if you had a different mouthpiece that was not fully round it could stop them? Never really heard of something putting something extra on it, you could put a little dot of silicone or glue or whatever at the tip I suppose although that wouldn't be so nice... I would rather just be more careful about putting them down, maybe having a place to specifically put them, like a tray where they can't roll off a table??

soxstoner

I’ve happily had the opportunity to have some on demand sessions with my new PH. As others have said, it really extracts quickly and efficiently! With a small load, which is what I usually use with it, two hits at the same temp setting and then raising it for one or maybe two more hits for good measure and the AVB is nicely roasted and done. The effects start to kick in soon into the session, and the session doesn’t last long. And, the effects are consistently hard hitting! Of note, for my first session I used a larger amount of material (the same amount I’ve used with my old Arizer) and got a couple more hits and was a little caught off guard by how medicated I was, so just enjoyed it…! I also really like using the stem with balls, as I anticipated I would. Very good cooling and a good addition to the package. And, looking at the PH when feeling the effects has been an unexpectedly cool experience, too. I like this thing!!

I got the 14mm wpa from the site and I'm glad I have it I guess, but I probablly won't be using it too often...seems more restricted than it is using either of the ball stems, which are great

maybe fold a small cardboard strip into an M for at least a temporary holder of the stems?

HighTime

I do not like the WPA from TM that have the fixed glass screens, I prefer nothing there so I can put a basket screen in, I have nice one with a couple balls from GVB custom-made and also a nice simple shorty one from Alan at toasty top... I think Rogue makes them too, simple, cheap and nice?

I suppose if you had a different mouthpiece that was not fully round it could stop them? Never really heard of something putting something extra on it, you could put a little dot of silicone or glue or whatever at the tip I suppose although that wouldn't be so nice... I would rather just be more careful about putting them down, maybe having a place to specifically put them, like a tray where they can't roll off a table??
Thanks for the helpful info about WPAs.

After one unfortunate rolling stem accident in the past, I’ve been pretty careful and use a cork tray most of the time now. I’m thinking I‘d like to be extra careful, so wondered if there was something small and nice enough to put around the stem after removing it from the PH and placing it down. I suppose a thin strip of leather sewn together a short way before the ends, thus leaving a small amount of the ends sticking out, could do the job. I suppose I’d have to dust off my old leather craft experience from a shop class many moons ago for this small project. :lol:I’ll do more brainstorming and either figure something out or make sure I always use that cork tray!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for the helpful info about WPAs.

After one unfortunate rolling stem accident in the past, I’ve been pretty careful and use a cork tray most of the time now. I’m thinking I‘d like to be extra careful, so wondered if there was something small and nice enough to put around the stem after removing it from the PH and placing it down. I suppose a thin strip of leather sewn together a short way before the ends, thus leaving a small amount of the ends sticking out, could do the job. I suppose I’d have to dust off my old leather craft experience from a shop class many moons ago for this small project. :lol:I’ll do more brainstorming and either figure something out or make sure I always use that cork tray!

Oh haha I mean you could try like a fabric hair tie or something? Yeah something you could just wrap around, yarn etc silicone I guess safe lol maybe just thick string??

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Been using two of the new glass beaded stems for 10 days or so. Didn't get a picture but them balls were getting pretty darn sticky, full of amber colored reclaim. Felt the taste was getting affected so time for a clean but the screens (used one with glass screen and one with CU screen) did not clog so could have used them longer, the honey did not reach the top balls yet...

Anyway, i threw all them reclaim-riddled balls in a sieve and poured over some hot milk (with a dash of coconut cream) before cleaning them.
Added some chocolate for a nightcup!
Boy oh boy: that was a full body stone experience!
I grin-locked (is that a word?), merged with my sofa and felt every inch of my body relaxing, like i over-stretched and grew an inch, while being treated to some visuals and shifting illusive thoughts, runny as melting butter...:tup:

Then slept like a baby!

Cleaning day perks!
"Vape on! Got to get those balls dirty by saturday eve!"
LoL

Edit: spelling...

Last edited:

Suki

pure convection is the best

the included "Stem with glass balls" is awesome, it does a really great job at cooling and being able to remove the mouthpiece will make cleaning really easy. I'm pretty sure you could swap the balls for smaller ones to remove the need for a basket screen in there, personally I don't mind

drjpew.jpg

hope the color wont fade too quickly

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
Not sure if this is the right place, but I've recently obtained an XTAR VC2 charger and two spare Molicel P28As for my vape and I'm wondering if there's any tips or things I need to know about battery charging in relation to this specific device. For example, the dials on the device etc.
Ty for any help!

Xenkishøtz,
Reactions: Rodney

MHL

Try hard noob
Not sure if this is the right place, but I've recently obtained an XTAR VC2 charger and two spare Molicel P28As for my vape and I'm wondering if there's any tips or things I need to know about battery charging in relation to this specific device. For example, the dials on the device etc.
Ty for any help!
I can't think of anything specific... just plug in the charger and shove in the battery. If there are A (amp) options on the charger the higher settings (1 or 2 normally) will charge faster.

Also worth mentioning maybe, with molicel... they're good batteries but the positive tip is prone to denting if you drop them in a device. Tho I guess that will be the least of your worries if you drop your TM2!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Ty for any help!

That’s a $15.00 charger on Amazon, I like Xtar chargers, but from I can tell, it’s a SLOW charger. 1/2 an amp for two batteries, and 1amp. for one.

First, the link below will take you to a more appropriate thread for charger info, as it’s getting OFF TOPIC in this TM2 thread.

MHL

Try hard noob
I have a xtar rocket, it was under 20 quid, charges 2 batteries both at 2A and is proper solid. Its taken some pretty good beatings daily for about 8 years and still works perfectly.

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
That’s a $15.00 charger on Amazon, I like Xtar chargers, but from I can tell, it’s a SLOW charger. 1/2 an amp for two batteries, and 1amp. for one.

First, the link below will take you to a more appropriate thread for charger info, as it’s getting OFF TOPIC in this TM2 thread.

Appreciate the help. I mean, I got both the batteries and charger for free, so it's something at least haha. (yes they're legit, my own father wouldn't hand me chinese bomb batteries)

Suki

I've been playing around with the glass stem with balls and I ended up removing the mouthpiece, I added more glass balls that came with the stem and I also added the 3mm rubies I had left from my B1
1.7cm shorter and better cooling

tugbsl.jpg

RedZep

Is this glass ball stem not super restrictive? Just noticed it has an in build glass screen. These things are atrocious for ruining airflow in my experience.

Anyone who is an experienced TM user have opinions on it?

RedZep,
Top Bottom