TinyMight / TM 2

popitup

Looks like a Dynavap but I haven’t explored it in detail. I have a Dynavap too which I seldom use. But yes, it’s good to have a backup vape regardless in order to avoid the combustion route. The Tinymight is my favorite vape for the last couple of years by far. :peace:
Just throwing out that I was using the TM2 for months before trying a BFG and it blew my mind. While true, it's a vapcap style vape. It has up to a 4 times bigger bowl, and more importantly, you can take more back-to-back hits in a single reheat, making the ritual more like a joint.

If I didn't pick up a Tempest, I would still be hitting the BFG on the regular, even with my TM2 (which btw sees maybe 2 sessions a week at the moment). The downsides to a BFG compared to a Tempest are heat-up time with the wand is double, and airflow is low, it's mostly a conduction vape.

BFG/Tempest make me consider selling my TM2.

Jojofernz

I don’t know if something is wrong with my unit, wrong with way I use it, or it’s just not growing on me.

Gonna give some more time with it and playing around but I can’t for the life of me get consistent big hits in a piece. I run out of breath as it starts building or I’m already choking before clouds start to appear and this is starting around 7 on the dial.

Natively with stems I’ve been having better performance but even then it seems like bowls finish fast, lighter clouds unless I have it at 7-8 or beyond. Really gotta suck on this bad boy to get it going.

Went back to tempest and anvil recently and they just produce thick vapor much easier.

Seriously hoping it’s user error and not my unit. I do get high and get some clouds sometimes but haven’t had good performance with a piece yet and it takes a good deal of work to get good performance natively. Any tips or advice, even with the unit itself would be appreciated. Using new molicel p28a batteries

Jojofernz,

Jojofernz

Sorry I dont understand
Running it through water. I may just need to keep experimenting cause it was hitting great just now with a stem. Even gave your cigar puff technique a try and it really gets it going easily. Thank you!

But anytime I use a WPA with water or a dry piece I can’t get it to hit too hard

Jojofernz,

stuey

Oh I see.

Well if Im running it through water I always run it at 10

Again do a short pull just to get the herb warmed up and then a long slow draw

Also when using a WPA I dont run it in on demand mode, run it in session mode instead so the TM stays really hot.

You do need to run the TM hotter when running it through water / dry bong as the inside of the glass is going to be cold and so the vapor will condense too much meaning that the clouds are not all that great.

I learned this when using my madheaters stem. I had to reduce the cooling it gave as to begin with it cooled so much that there were no clouds at all!

Last edited:
Running it through water. I may just need to keep experimenting cause it was hitting great just now with a stem. Even gave your cigar puff technique a try and it really gets it going easily. Thank you!

But anytime I use a WPA with water or a dry piece I can’t get it to hit too hard

Can’t give you great advice for using actual water in a piece. I will say with a j hook a LONG slow EASY pull works the best for me.

Also stuey didn’t steer you wrong, with the stock CU and stems small cigar puffs get the vapor started and going really well.

I highly recommend an aftermarket stem if you’re not using a piece. The stock are good but aftermarket stems are way better. Personally I picked up a hookah head from vgoodiez and love it.

Jojofernz

Oh I see.

Well if Im running it through water I always run it at 10

Again do a short pull just to get the herb warmed up and then a long slow draw
Ok thank you I’ll try it at a higher heat next time too I was trying 6.5-7
Can’t give you great advice for using actual water in a piece. I will say with a j hook a LONG slow EASY pull works the best for me.

Also stuey didn’t steer you wrong, with the stock CU and stems small cigar puffs get the vapor started and going really well.

I highly recommend an aftermarket stem if you’re not using a piece. The stock are good but aftermarket stems are way better. Personally I picked up a hookah head from vgoodiez and love it.

Thank you! Gonna experiment more haven’t had it a full week yeah think I’m still needing to get my technique down. I do have a couple other stems than the stock, one with balls from 420EDC and a glass Charlie off VGoodiez and they have been working pretty well, love hookahhead have a couple of his pieces so may grab one from him too. You have the daisy or the spiral?

Jojofernz,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Advice given so far has been very great. Session mode and high temp setting thru water. As stated, cigar puffs are also great to get things cooking.

Are you using a good battery? E.g. P28A

Good luck!

Photonic,
Reactions: Jojofernz
Thank you! Gonna experiment more haven’t had it a full week yeah think I’m still needing to get my technique down. I do have a couple other stems than the stock, one with balls from 420EDC and a glass Charlie off VGoodiez and they have been working pretty well, love hookahhead have a couple of his pieces so may grab one from him too. You have the daisy or the spiral?

Yea, I have the green spiral, pop a small screen in it. Then turn it to 6 area and take a slow draw, fantastic flavor! I have noticed with the more open airflow stems and WPA I prefer to keep the temps lower. With stock stem/CU I was up in the 7.5 range on the dial. Come to think of it, if you have to pull hard on your piece maybe try higher around 8.

Also FWIW I always use on demand mode. Maybe 2 times have I did a session.

Last edited:

ezpz

@Jojofernz just a tip. The metal ring that the stem goes into, can adjust for the different variances of glass. For me (TM1), the OD of the stock stem was different enough from my wpa that the ring needed adjustment. Someone said it here waaaay back in this thread. If you hold TM by the stem, and the body starts slipping down, then tighten just enough for it to stay in place, because over tightening can cause issues as well.

Edit: wanted to add that you should try what @Partialgenious said and try your wpa with a j hook, since it’s less volume of “empty” air you’re inhaling to start. Long, steady, medium/slow draw works best imo.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I'll add that it depends on the water piece how easy it is to inhale deeply like you normally would, with the right piece it can actually be easier to milk up quick, especially if using a higher temp which is typical for better performance through water anyway to not go too low, but yeah, steady airflow too

Pablo13

So I've been giving my TM2 a workout daily since I got hold of it around new year. Usually at least 1 battery's worth a day down to purple or red. Last few days I had noticed a reduction of vapour and inconsitent vapour as I temp stepped gradually by 0.5. Last night I undid the ring and removed the O ring and the (stainless on mine) shielding that you slide your stem into. it wasn't super noticable while fitted but when removed it was obvious there was a a fine dark rim of very well done ABV right where the stem butts up to. Very fine and thin and easily missed but I cleaned it up and stuck back together and normal vapour levels were resumed. I clean my glass regularly and had been breifly poking my eye down the chamber to see how dirty it was, but apart from a rouge loose piece the got blown out easy enough it had appeared visually fine and acceptable. Was surprised how dirty it was removed, and defo could be reducing heat transfer temps and vapour production as its right on the seal of the stem. Worth a look guys if your having problems.

Jojofernz

Really appreciate all the helpful tips and advice from everyone! Gonna check a few things tonight and play with the TM2 some more this week, it really sounds like there’s a few things that could be leading to the lack of performance but not my actual unit. It does get hot and blast the weed so I’m sure it’s working.

Thanks again y’all! Experimenting leaves me plenty baked anyway so none of it is really wasted haha

Edit: got it going good! I think there was a couple things maybe I packed too tight? I also switched to rimmed screen for the WPA and I was able to get it going good even at 7. I also popped out the metal part and screwed it all back together. Also seems one of my WPAs fits better than the other? At least for airflow got it going better. Ordering more of the rimmed basket screens that are to fit the TM and not get tugged out by the o-ring. Thanks all! Glad to know my unit can chug along!

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Really appreciate all the helpful tips and advice from everyone! Gonna check a few things tonight and play with the TM2 some more this week, it really sounds like there’s a few things that could be leading to the lack of performance but not my actual unit. It does get hot and blast the weed so I’m sure it’s working.

Thanks again y’all! Experimenting leaves me plenty baked anyway so none of it is really wasted haha

Edit: got it going good! I think there was a couple things maybe I packed too tight? I also switched to rimmed screen for the WPA and I was able to get it going good even at 7. I also popped out the metal part and screwed it all back together. Also seems one of my WPAs fits better than the other? At least for airflow got it going better. Ordering more of the rimmed basket screens that are to fit the TM and not get tugged out by the o-ring. Thanks all! Glad to know my unit can chug along!

If you play around with it, you'll find the sweet spot. No way is a TM2 designed to be anemic at anything if you don't want it that way. There has to be a reason, and if it's not faulty in some way then it's either a leak or not letting it come to temp first or too large a bubbler. As others implied, if your bubbler is too large then you're gonna be huffing on that fucker for dilute clouds. I never set mine above 3 and lately 2.5 and I get powerful hits. I also like to use a dry jhook.

It can also be the type of weed your using. Are you able to get big clouds using other methods?

stuey

Maybe get one of these. Quite a few of us are really liking them!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I think there was a couple things maybe I packed too tight? I also switched to rimmed screen for the WPA and I was able to get it going good even at 7. I also popped out the metal part and screwed it all back together. Also seems one of my WPAs fits better than the other?
A gentle tamp of the load is really all that’s necessary. If your stems are 16mm they should fit however you may need to adjust the metal ring on the TM holding the stem. Glass has slight variances and adjusting stem ring either tighter or looser will help. My stock TM stems are slightly different diameter and I always need to adjust this when swapping them. Sounds like you’re on the right track. Cheers. :peace:

hoptimum

This doesn't really add anything to the thread, but I just have to reiterate it: The Tinymigh.t_bowl really hammers.

So far I've only used the half bowl setting, which in my case is a little more than 0.1g. The first few times I set the TM2 directly to 7 and had correspondingly cloudy results.

However, I've just realized that it's even more fun to start at 5 and then work your way up. In total, I was able to take 3 really dense and 1 weaker puff - from a little more than 0.1g!

I’m really just new to all this vaping stuff - but I think this Tinymigh.t_bowl is awesome and highly recommended.
You’re a quick learner

Jojofernz

IMG-4795.jpg
IMG-4800.jpg
IMG-4793.jpg

Happy to say that this thing has been performing excellent for me now! Especially after getting some rimmed basket screens that fit and getting a better feel for using it altogether. Also got this lovely sleeve from @Duba, incredibly fast shipping from France, making it look and feel even better. Thanks for the tips from all, this thing is great and definitely gonna be staying in my daily rotation for awhile.

Here’s a little action in a shredder I recently got from Texas Hot Glass

Edit: also wanted to add that using a Mad Heaters reload with the TM2 backs debowling and repacking the stems a breeze on the go, really cannot recommend the reload enough works great with so many vapes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom