TinyMight / TM 2

MrPinkman

Anyone know when the new version will drop? I saw the instagram page thank you for that! I was on the fence about buying one because of fear of wanting to take it on adventures and risk dropping and breaking it. This upgrade has me drooling now.

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
Anyone know when the new version will drop? I saw the instagram page thank you for that! I was on the fence about buying one because of fear of wanting to take it on adventures and risk dropping and breaking it. This upgrade has me drooling now.
I should remind you that this is purely the heater tube upgrade, the inner glass heating sleeve remains.
Also, to avoid double posting I'll put it in this post, I'm looking to purchase new batteries for my Tinymight 2, 3 or so, and a good external charger, I'm from the UK, does anyone know the best and most reliable place to find these? Thanks.

Xenkishøtz,
Reactions: MrPinkman

ragnorak71

I should remind you that this is purely the heater tube upgrade, the inner glass heating sleeve remains.
Also, to avoid double posting I'll put it in this post, I'm looking to purchase new batteries for my Tinymight 2, 3 or so, and a good external charger, I'm from the UK, does anyone know the best and most reliable place to find these? Thanks.
Hi mate I got mine from fogstar batteries. Just four of the standard and a decent charger. Turned up fast and works a treat. Would definitely use them again

This is the charger I got and I am very happy with it

https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collections/xtar-chargers/products/xtar-x4

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
Xenkishøtz,

MrPinkman

Not from the UK but I have seen on Reddit I believe? That fogstar.co.uk is a reputable place to buy batteries. I really want to get my hands on some Molicel P30B 18650s which I believe this site has in stock. From the research I’ve done this is one of the best 18650s ever created and it’s relatively new so hard to find rn. Note the 30A discharge.

Where did you find that it is only the heating tube to get a metal upgrade? Maybe I read things too quickly. I was under the assumption it would be a full metal upgrade. Now that I am thinking through I guess that would really hurt the flavor as the vapor would need to pass through metal?

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
Not from the UK but I have seen on Reddit I believe? That fogstar.co.uk is a reputable place to buy batteries. I really want to get my hands on some Molicel P30B 18650s which I believe this site has in stock. From the research I’ve done this is one of the best 18650s ever created and it’s relatively new so hard to find rn. Note the 30A discharge.

Where did you find that it is only the heating tube to get a metal upgrade? Maybe I read things too quickly. I was under the assumption it would be a full metal upgrade. Now that I am thinking through I guess that would really hurt the flavor as the vapor would need to pass through metal?
Well, stainless steel and metal itself doesn't really affect vapour profile, nor would much vape come into contact with it as the stem would shroud it, but it's from their Instagram (@tinymightvape) and their website.

Xenkishøtz,
Reactions: MrPinkman

MrPinkman

Well, stainless steel and metal itself doesn't really affect vapour profile, nor would much vape come into contact with it as the stem would shroud it, but it's from their Instagram (@tinymightvape) and their website.
Pulled this off their website in the faq section.

“Tinymight is very clean. The vapor is in contact only with either stainless steel or quartz glass.”

I guess I never looked at the faqs before. It does look like they recently updated their website. Could have sworn last time I checked like a week or two ago that they still had 10 year warranty but now it’s only 3. That or is making me think it’s one or the other but not both.

Assuming he chose the word or instead of and because the tm2 until recently had the quartz glass's inner lining and now it’s stainless steel? I think I am thinking too much about it lol.

MrPinkman,

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
Pulled this off their website in the faq section.

“Tinymight is very clean. The vapor is in contact only with either stainless steel or quartz glass.”

I guess I never looked at the faqs before. It does look like they recently updated their website. Could have sworn last time I checked like a week or two ago that they still had 10 year warranty but now it’s only 3. That or is making me think it’s one or the other but not both.

Assuming he chose the word or instead of and because the tm2 until recently had the quartz glass's inner lining and now it’s stainless steel? I think I am thinking too much about it lol.
No, the inner heating lining is still made out of glass. Good quality glass, but still breakable nonetheless. HighTime is right, you should defo check this thread out for more info. It's likely the most comprehensive user experience and Q&A section for the TM2 anywhere online.

The newer units have been made more durable in the sense that the heating chamber (the part you place the stem into) lining is now stainless steel and the button has been reinforced to the point the dude can smash it with the handle of a screwdriver without breaking it, so yes the warranty is unfortunately but understandably reduced to 3 years from the previous 10, however, owners of a device covered by the previous 10 years should note it is illegal to retroactively alter a warranty and your 10 years are still intact. IANAL, but from what I can gather this seems to be the case. Hope this helps somebody.

Sto.Oned

@dzoinp
So I already clean with iso. And yes, I have the torx to close it firmly.
With paper I see good results at 10 but I have to try tomorrow with next weed and low levels. But as soon as possible I ll put foil 👍
For "clean threads on the battery cover" you mean the pin - /+ of the battery? If yes, I already did it.
Mostly, I didn't understand this "Do you have the white coil pins aligned crosswise like this +?", do you have a picture to better understand?

Thank you 👍

Sto.Oned,

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
You really should read the warranty terms and conditions.

Welp hopefully if I ever have an issue they won't screw me over, I kind of trust them not to, but didn't really realize this was a thing as most others companies don't seem to care...
To be fair, neither those terms and conditions nor the warranty registration were in place when a number of us ordered our TMs and/or TM2s. It would be pretty shitty to not still support us if/when we run into trouble, and I honestly would be surprised if team TM took a hard line with this.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I don't think they will, I saw it promoted on Instagram to register your warranty, said how I never had for any of mine though I also never had any issue, they didn't seem to indicate I would have trouble if an issue ever arises... Although didn't specifically ask and was not specifically assured although I did find it reassuring nevertheless lol

Shit Snacks,

stuey

With the smart addition of serial numbers on the TM2, the company should be able to know exactly when you bought it, and what warranty may apply.

The serial number isnt on the receipt (it certainly want on mine) and the retailer wont be keeping a separate log of serial numbers to customers. So I'm afraid they wouldn't know when a customer bought it. They could work out the date it was manufactured on but they would have no idea how long the retailer had it in stock before it was bought... hence the requirement to register!

stuey,

Zipford

Yes I already read that and I wrote them today. I m still curious to see what's the other user says, as now after paper fix it work a little bit better (but still not enough good).
It sounds like a battery contact issue somewhere, especially if the paper fix helped a little. I would clean all of the contacts again: the contact at the bottom of the battery compartment with a pencil eraser, the battery lid threads and contact points with rubbing alcohol, also the top aluminum panel of the device and the thin strip that contacts the top of the device. And the main torx screw needs to be tight.

I had a similar issue, as have a number of people, and cleaning all of the contacts solved the issue. Alternatively, your battery could be toast -- have you tried a different 18650?

Zipford,
Reactions: XpeeN

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
The serial number isnt on the receipt (it certainly want on mine) and the retailer wont be keeping a separate log of serial numbers to customers. So I'm afraid they wouldn't know when a customer bought it. They could work out the date it was manufactured on but they would have no idea how long the retailer had it in stock before it was bought... hence the requirement to register!

Good point, I have only bought both my TM’s directly from Finland. The manufacturer should however know the date of manufacture by the SN, and resellers should be able to find that out from TM. Anyways, not something I’m overly concerned about.

RustyOldNail,

HighTime

FWIW, a few months ago I asked them directly if it was possible to use their SN sequencing to determine if a particular new modification had been done to a unit. They told me that their SNs are randomly generated, so unfortunately they couldn’t be used for that purpose. I don’t know if they’ve changed anything since then.

RustyOldNail

FWIW, a few months ago I asked them directly if it was possible to use their SN sequencing to determine if a particular new modification had been done to a unit. They told me that their SNs are randomly generated, so unfortunately they couldn’t be used for that purpose. I don’t know if they’ve changed anything since then.

Interesting, I assume being a tiny shop, perhaps the inventor doesn’t understand ALL the reasons one would use SERIAL NUMBERS on their products! Like inventory control, upgrade versions, and OH…. WARRANTY SERVICE.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Interesting, I assume being a tiny shop, perhaps the inventor doesn’t understand ALL the reasons one would use SERIAL NUMBERS on their products! Like inventory control, upgrade versions, and OH…. WARRANTY SERVICE.
Of course they do.
There is nothing about random-generated numbers that precludes the manufacturer from knowing all the vitals on a given unit.
S&B uses similar system.
It may make it more difficult for an owner to know about the unit, but not for the manufacturer.

vapviking,
Reactions: dimmusp

RustyOldNail

Of course they do.
There is nothing about random-generated numbers that precludes the manufacturer from knowing all the vitals on a given unit.
S&B uses similar system.
It may make it more difficult for an owner to know about the unit, but not for the manufacturer.

Great, then we TM2 owners are all GOOD, and we can move on……

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: stuey

jbm

It's not quite accurate to refer to them as serial numbers if they are randomized. :D
As long as there’s some provision for deduplication, a randomly generated number can be used as a unique ID. They don’t have to be sequential.

jbm,
Reactions: dimmusp

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
As long as there’s some provision for deduplication, a randomly generated number can be used as a unique ID. They don’t have to be sequential.
True but then it’s a function of how they’re tracking it internally. If that’s random too then it’s not good at all.

What is good - and my obligatory TM content - my OG TM continues to shine, shine, shine. I love this vape! Still using it natively too, just hollow CU. It rocks every single time! :love::peace:

Top Bottom