TinyMight / TM 2

TimeBomb0

Tinymight is coming out with a more durable vape soon apparently. https://www.instagram.com/p/C2GCkMBCKWb/
I also see they now offer a stainless steel liner for durability: https://tinymightvape.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=104

Unfortunately they also dropped the warranty (presumably not retroactively as that's illegal) from 10 years to 3 years.
Before, 10 years:

image.png

Today, 3 years:
image.png

Often the length of warranty roughly maps to how durable the device is: If it's longer, that means they believe it has few enough issues that they can afford the fewer quantity of warranty claims they expect over a long period of time, like 10 years. Sometimes they give a longer warranty to appease customer trust, like if it's a newly introduced product people are unsure about. Maybe they reevaluated how popular the device is, how many claims they can afford, and shortened it based off that. Not ideal, but still not a bad warranty length compared to many electric devices.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Often the length of warranty roughly maps to how durable the device is: If it's longer, that means they believe it has few enough issues that they can afford the fewer quantity of warranty claims they expect over a long period of time, like 10 years. Sometimes they give a longer warranty to appease customer trust, like if it's a newly introduced product people are unsure about. Maybe they reevaluated how popular the device is, how many claims they can afford, and shortened it based off that. Not ideal, but still not a bad warranty length compared to many electric devices.

Yeah I don't know I can see the same argument to be made that the design being more robust and more failure proof does not need as long of a warranty, but also what you said remains true and is still of course a benefit to them anyway if not unusual

bestvaping

Unfortunately they also dropped the warranty (presumably not retroactively as that's illegal) from 10 years to 3 years.
Yes, I think that in this case, it only concerns new units (if you bought your TM/TM2 when the warranty indicated 10 years, it must still be valid).

Not ideal, but still not a bad warranty length compared to many electric devices.
Since Finland is an integral part of the European Union, they have no choice, you have the right of withdrawal which is valid for 14 days (during this time, if you change your mind you can return the product and request a refund (provided that it has not been used)). Then, you have the legal warranty of conformity (obligatory), which is valid for two years (if the product breaks down during this period, the manufacturer must pay the return costs and offer you an exchange/repair or refund). Then, you have the commercial warranty (which is not obligatory) offered by the manufacturer, which may be free or for a fee and of variable duration (in this case, here one year). You are also protected by other guarantees in the EU, such as the legal guarantee against hidden defects and others. All this to say that they could have limited the warranty to two years, so they're offering an extra year, which is pretty decent (most consumer electronics products sold in Europe come with a 3-year warranty (two years legal and one year extra), which is quite satisfactory by market standards).

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I registered for my warranty upon receiving my TM2 (11/2022) and it still shows as "Pending" in my account page...

This is also the case for me and I have therefore written an email to them. Their reply was:

Hello! Warranty is considered active regardless of the status, once the info is entered to the system. Please do not worry about it and have a nice day!

So all should be fine.

kiddvudu2

I was concerned when I registered initially, and I found many owners have always had it say "pending", but the warranty will be honored if you need it.

This is also the case for me and I have therefore written an email to them. Their reply was:

Hello! Warranty is considered active regardless of the status, once the info is entered to the system. Please do not worry about it and have a nice day!

So all should be fine.

Yeah, I pretty much figured the "Pending" probably means that no warranty claims are currently active - or something to that effect. It's a solid company (at least to date), so I'm not overly concerned.

Peese!:peace:

mulciber

I have a very newbie-sounding question. I've been using the TM/TM2 for years, and always with the short glass stem. I've never really had an issue with cooling. I handle it other ways and enjoy the vapor completely. I just broke one of my stems and was about to replace it. I can see that the ball-filled stems are increasingly popular. I've never used one, and my questions are: Do they really change the experience that much? How does one deal with cleaning them?

The ones on the TM site not terribly expensive (I don't know if there are any third-party makers that work better) and I'm curious to try one. But I tend to like to keep my equipment immaculate, and when I look at these pretty things I immediately picture them dark and mucked-up.

Can anyone advise or point me toward the information I seek? Thanks in advance!

mulciber,
Reactions: Cheebsy

popitup

can see that the ball-filled stems are increasingly popular. I've never used one, and my questions are: Do they really change the experience that much? How does one deal with cleaning them?

1. The stock cooling unit does an effective job at cooling, but it mutes the flavor, and gets gunked up quickly. You will have better tasting vapor that's about the same coolness as the stock CU. Aesthetically, the balls can be more appealing

2. Soak in 99% isopropyl. There are stems with balls that are enclosed and you cannot remove them, these stems are more likely to get things stuck in them, including water, and can be more difficult to clean. Difficulty is subjective though, if you're chasing around 50 3mm balls, you might get annoyed.

Personally, I would suggest dimpled, pilled, or bent, such as a dimpled j-hook.

The hottest part of a bent stem is the first bend, in a stem without a bend, your throat takes more direct hot air.

Last edited:

stuey

I have a small tupperware box thats half filled with iso. Just drop the stem in for 20 mins shaking it about once or twice in that time.

Then rinse under a tap.

Leave it to drain and dry. That can take a day but you can do it in about 10 mins if you use a a hairdryer!

ezpz

Here’s my thoughts on aftermarket stems. If the stem has narrow airways (like the rocket stem) then it will have better cooling and more draw resistance than a more open stem (like a dimpled stem). But it’ll clog faster needing more frequent maintenance, and it’ll rob more vapor.

Cleaning is a breeze for me. I use a HA terp pill stem where the pills lie diagonally in the stem. Very open air path. I just run hot water through it with some dish soap, rinse, then dry with a hairdryer. Whole process from start to finish takes less than 10mins.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
There is a remarkable difference in experience, positively, when you get rid of the very effective, but metal cu. Cleaning is not very different from the stock setup IME, but I use an ultra sonic so it's super easy for me anyway. If you've ever used your TM with a j hook and glass WPA, it's a similar experience with an easier form factor.

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
use a HA terp pill stem where the pills lie diagonally in the stem. Very open air path. I just run hot water through it with some dish soap, rinse, then dry with a hairdryer. Whole process from start to finish takes less than 10mins.

+1 for the High Artisan pill stem. I absolutely love mine both for cooling and aesthetics. Every one or two weeks I soak it in 99% ISO, rinse it with water and dry it with a hair dryer as @ezpz suggests. It’s really easy.

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
Hmm, I may have goofed. I ordered my vape around June 2023 and it arrived then, I've been using it with no issues but silly me forgot to register the warranty. Will this still count as the full 10 years? As I bought it before the announced change with the .pdf invoice to prove it.

Xenkishøtz,

Shit Snacks

Hmm, I may have goofed. I ordered my vape around June 2023 and it arrived then, I've been using it with no issues but silly me forgot to register the warranty. Will this still count as the full 10 years? As I bought it before the announced change with the .pdf invoice to prove it.

No you're confused, you do not need to register the warranty, you have a 10-year warranty, it is only different for the upcoming latest model don't worry about it

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
No you're confused, you do not need to register the warranty, you have a 10-year warranty, it is only different for the upcoming latest model don't worry about it
So as long as I have proof of purchase I can register it on the website whenever and they'll accept it? There's no limitation?

Xenkishøtz,

Shit Snacks

So as long as I have proof of purchase I can register it on the website whenever and they'll accept it? There's no limitation?

Correct, if you see above, registering on the website is a formality unless you actually need warranty service... It is depending on when you ordered it yes so you are fine and you have full 10 years

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
Correct, if you see above, registering on the website is a formality unless you actually need warranty service... It is depending on when you ordered it yes so you are fine you have 10 years
Much appreciated, this has allayed a worry of mine. Happy vaping.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I reckon it will be a tradeoff on warranty if/when the time comes for a TM3.

I recall TM owners have the option of a trade-up where they discounted the TM2 when you sent in your old unit. This time around if they offered the same deal, you would pay extra for the trade up, but your warranty would be a trade down.

BabyFacedFinster,

HighTime

The thing about this I’m wondering about is that I don’t think the 3-year warranty is only for the upcoming new model. I know of a retailer that got hundreds of TM2 units in stock this past November. Their website now says the TM2 has a 3-year warranty. It’s probably not a stretch to think some of those units received in November are still there for sale. Presumably, then, those that are still there would only have a 3-warranty even though they wouldn’t be the latest model with the button upgrade and stainless steel in place of the glass lining. I don’t know this definitively, but it seems to make some sense.

Last edited:
HighTime,

Shit Snacks

The thing about this I’m wondering about is that I don’t think the 3-year warranty is only for the upcoming new model. I know of a retailer that got hundreds of TM2 units in stock this past November. Their website now says the TM2 has a 3-year warranty. It’s probably not a stretch to think some of those units received in November are still there for sale. Presumably, then, those that are still there would only have a 3-warranty even though they wouldn’t be the latest model with the button upgrade and stainless steel in place of the glass lining. I don’t know this definitively, but it seems to make some sense.

Just email and ask then, it's possible the retailer has it incorrect, it's possible we didn't notice that the warranty changed earlier

jbm

Just email and ask then, it's possible the retailer has it incorrect, it's possible we didn't notice that the warranty changed earlier
How are they keeping track then, strictly by date of purchase? I bought my TM2 from @VGOODIEZ and registered the warranty on the TM site. They have to keep track of it; as many here have said they can’t offer 10 years at sale and then change it to 3 years, that would be illegal.

jbm,

Fillmore2

Cleaning is a breeze for me. I use a HA terp pill stem where the pills lie diagonally in the stem. Very open air path. I just run hot water through it with some dish soap, rinse, then dry with a hairdryer. Whole process from start to finish takes less than 10mins.
Another option is to use an electric kettle to boil the water, soak the stem in hot water for a few minutes and then pour the rest of the boiling water straight through the stem. This is after using a Q-tip and some ISO on the screen (which has never been out of my stem). I grip the stem with a wooden clothes pin (the ones with a metal spring) during this process.

My spikes and balls are crystal clear after that. Quick & easy!

Top Bottom