TinyMight / TM 2

MoltenTiger

Oh I do think it can get as hot, though it fluctuates, it cools quickly as well as gets hot quickly... More power more mass, and yeah the heat exchange of inhale etc. :tup:
Well you can certainly set the Tinymight too high! So possibly. I would think the ceramic rod to herb thermal delta is more than the coil to stem in TM in general however, but an Arizer chamber might not be able to reach the same heights as it is limited by that higher delta.

Ganjora

Thanks for your reply Rodney.
i think it must have had something to do with the cannabis itself.
after nearly losing my mind with the TM2 i tried every almost every other vape in my collection , and the only vape that did not combust that particular cannabis was the B2.
i have since finished the batch of 'bad' cannabis, taken the TM2 out again and am thoroughly enjoying it.

cliffhanger1

As a device feature I would think it should be serviceable under warranty BUT given it was working on release, it is solely wear and tear to blame for the fatigued part, so it is at their discretion.
Ok. but for a device which costs 350 Euro, and two of them, i wish more Lifetime for the USB port than only one year.
I never had a Handy or something else where the USB C port live only for one year.

Rodney

It arrived about an hour ago and I read how to work it a few times and not sure am getting it right as no clue still BUT even not knowing how ti works and just click ti 3 time and WTF the EJACULATION from this device melts your face and head so nice so so nice.

So I had 5 bowls so far and light has went to blue after that so the battery is not too bad imo and got 2 battery charging now.

They sent me 3 candy bars in the package for free but its too tough candy for me to eat, still very nice to do this for customers.

Just glad i read about this and the Mighty+ on the forum as bought 5 different cheap vapes under £50$70 and just kept thinking vaping is not for me as never knew any better and never wanted to splash money out but glad I have now.

Petetbay

Ok. but for a device which costs 350 Euro, and two of them, i wish more Lifetime for the USB port than only one year.
I never had a Handy or something else where the USB C port live only for one year.
It will cost you 99€ for the repair service(listed in their accessories) if they don’t cover under warranty, cheaper alternative would be buy an external charger and charge the battery that way. I have never used the device charging system.

@Rodney that is a cute little doggy, he looks upset with the mess you made of his/her bed.

Last edited:

Rodney

Just so you guys know I got this at 1637 today and been using it since then. Got about 10 bowls and that is the battery i got with it now needing charged. I mean that is not too bad imo and if you have say 2 extra battery you will be fine all day easy.

You get some huff from each bowl so you feel satisfied and I do not feel like doing too many repeat bowls. 10 bowls i just did over 2 and a half hours and am very satisfied with it.

If I had bought this first then the Mighty+ I would not be too happy with the mighty+ as this just feels next level BUT since i bought the Mighty+ first I still have a place for it but not sure how often will be using it now i have this.

Necroticism

The earlier versions of the TM of which I have two had an occasional problem with contacts. If I started to lose power, I found that loosening the screw enough so that you can manhandle the end caps a little bit, moving them around a little bit and then screwing it back in tightly usually resolved whatever contact issue I was having. I would absolutely try that before considering returning to Finland for repair.
It is my understanding that the need for this has been eliminated in the 2nd gen TM.

first thing i would try, undo the screw at the bottom with a torx screwdriver a little bit, wiggle the top and bottom plates around a bit, then screw back together tightly.

edit: as cybrguy said above.

Bought a T-20 today and fixed it! Had to disassemble the whole unit after trying to wiggle and test, multiple times. Cleaned the top plate with ISO and added a bit of height also to the top plate. Basically followed this guide

Back to its prime :rockon:

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
Ah I see. Nice description. Classic low power technique, ramp the heater up way beyond target. The TM2 not only has better separation due to the convection style, it also likely reaches overall lower temps with better heat exchange allowing for the performance seen.
Well you can certainly set the Tinymight too high! So possibly. I would think the ceramic rod to herb thermal delta is more than the coil to stem in TM in general however, but an Arizer chamber might not be able to reach the same heights as it is limited by that higher delta.
Your statements sound somewhat weak to me and you also come off biased. However plausible you make it sound you are still mostly guessing right? Yes TM is good but why the my vape is better than yours act? TM is good and arizers are good but with a different technique and whatever the thermal differences are, it seems to be working for all those arizer owners.

Tellus,

Sto.Oned

Hi, I just changed the internal glass removing the screw below.
All working good but I feel that the button moves in and out very easily (as I removed some shit inside). It makes also a sound. I don't know if I lost any small piece that was pushing out the botton to stay firm.
If not, is there any way to keep the button firm?
I m plenty of vaping orings, but they are not high temperature resistant.
But I don't think that the button area will become so hot, do you think that I can add them without risks of smells?
Option B could be a small piece of paper behind the button..
Let me know what's best (and easier) thanks 😁

Last edited:
Sto.Oned,

MoltenTiger

Agreed :(
I doubt this is really to blame on user error, more likely a poor quality part and general usage. However it is at their discretion. I guess TM should at least come back to you with the RMA steps and cost as @Petetbay mentioned.

Your statements sound somewhat weak to me and you also come off biased. However plausible you make it sound you are still mostly guessing right? Yes TM is good but why the my vape is better than yours act? TM is good and arizers are good but with a different technique and whatever the thermal differences are, it seems to be working for all those arizer owners.
Yeah no shade against Arizer. My first good Vape was an EQ. I'm just talking heat dynamics here, the Solo, Air and subsequent portables from Arizer have been pivotal devices. However you are able to drastically outperform even the EQ wlth the TM2. It is quite energy efficient and super powerful, yet it is not prone to combustion in the same way as the other devices and I was trying to explain why (tho yes you can set TM too high). The fact is it is one of the best portable heaters on the market. It outlasts and outperforms most, because of the considered design and incremental improvememts made.
Obviously there is room for improvement and you can read my ideas on that in other posts.

So maybe I'm biased, or maybe the TM2 really is next level and is deserving of such praise for what it has achieved. As others note more recently too, comparing with things held in even higher regard...

You know the devices mean shit without the botanicals. I don't ever mean to be taken too seriously, but I will share my opinion freely. I'm not saying using older/simpler tech assemblies is wrong, if it works for the user then more power to them. But I need more power, wlthout combustion. Which is why I've landed here, with huge success.

TM2 has been an absolute weapon for me. You need to read these harsh realities to understand the value IMO, most of the market is lagging behind hugely, where else is cutting edge innovation? The Argo? Reading others takes like this is why I was confident in my blind and quite expensive purchase of Tinymight. I opted for the TM2 because of the mechanical updates, the hot air delivery always suited my ideals.

I've just got a cheapie alternate for a different use case, and maybe I should have got an Arizer instead! They might not have the same type of device, but they do have great QA.

I'm sure many can chime in here with stories from upgrading from any Arizer product to Tinymight, and they are probably similarly raving reviews who would recommend the same pathway. Doesn't mean the Arizers are bad vapes, just that they can't keep up? I have to guess, but I doubt my modded EQ is weaker than their current portable fleet.

Last edited:

Rodney

I own the Arizer EQ, Volcano classic, Mighty+ and the Tinymight2 and bought them in that order.

I have the DDAVE mod for the Arizer and a bunch of accessories for the volcano and Mighty+ and while they are good vapes they just do not compare to the Tinymight 2 if you are looking to get your face melted in1-2 big hits. Even when you elbow pack with the Arizer EQ and put temperature way higher than you should you still do not get the same huff as you do from the Tinymight 2, the Arizer EQ is just not built the same way, neither is the Mighty+ or the Volcano Classic. The only thing i never tried with the Arizer EQ was the beads on top of herb, maybe that works much better and may try that when I get some beads as do still love my Arizer.

Am sure I will find a bigger hitter again over the Tinymight 2 as am now hearing about Ball vapes as hear good things about tehm but for now am sticking with the TM2 and glad i have went down this path with vaping.

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
He will have an Video, but i cannot show the problem, because it not chargeing when the reds loading lamps on. I feel it only because the unit is not warm. that is not showable.
and i told i have NO camera in my house what he did not accept. because my illnes i cannot do it too.
if i have an warranty case by Sony for example i have not to make an video. laugh. but a video cannot show it what he does not understand.
Hey @cliffhanger1 So you're tm won't charge but led light works right? Can you get someone to help you with the video? Because I have an idea how you can film proof of the problem, it won't be fun though, to film or to watch... Set up a space, ex. a table close to power outlets, with tm, usb-c charger, external charger, one empty battery and an analog clock.

So the objective is to show that the battery does not charge and have everything on video and the clock helps to show that you haven't cheated.

In front of camera:

- Insert battery in tm, turn dial above 2 in front of camera and try to turn on. Shouldn't work because low battery.

- Next you want to try charging tm with usb-c cable. But first, to prove that the cable is working connect the cable to different device/phone and show to camera that it is charging. Then connect it to tm

- Now the fun begins - Continue recording for 15-20min and make sure the clock is ticking for the camera.

- Try turning on again. Won't turn on because low battery.

- Now to prove the battery works: take out battery and insert into external charger.

- Charge 15-20min

- Insert battery in tm, turn on. Now it turns on.

-End-

All of the steps should he done in front of the camera.

Now I don't actually think you should have to do all this work. I find it strange that you can't just send it in for a checkup, because that would be much simpler...

Yeah no shade against Arizer. My first good Vape was an EQ. I'm just talking heat dynamics here, the Solo, Air and subsequent portables from Arizer have been pivotal devices. However you are able to drastically outperform even the EQ wlth the TM2. It is quite energy efficient and super powerful, yet it is not prone to combustion in the same way as the other devices and I was trying to explain why (tho yes you can set TM too high). The fact is it is one of the best portable heaters on the market. It outlasts and outperforms most, because of the considered design and incremental improvememts made.
Obviously there is room for improvement and you can read my ideas on that in other posts.

So maybe I'm biased, or maybe the TM2 really is next level and is deserving of such praise for what it has achieved. As others note more recently too, comparing with things held in even higher regard...

You know the devices mean shit without the botanicals. I don't ever mean to be taken too seriously, but I will share my opinion freely. I'm not saying using older/simpler tech assemblies is wrong, if it works for the user then more power to them. But I need more power, wlthout combustion. Which is why I've landed here, with huge success.

TM2 has been an absolute weapon for me. You need to read these harsh realities to understand the value IMO, most of the market is lagging behind hugely, where else is cutting edge innovation? The Argo? Reading others takes like this is why I was confident in my blind and quite expensive purchase of Tinymight. I opted for the TM2 because of the mechanical updates, the hot air delivery always suited my ideals.

I've just got a cheapie alternate for a different use case, and maybe I should have got an Arizer instead! They might not have the same type of device, but they do have great QA.

I'm sure many can chime in here with stories from upgrading from any Arizer product to Tinymight, and they are probably similarly raving reviews who would recommend the same pathway. Doesn't mean the Arizers are bad vapes, just that they can't keep up? I have to guess, but I doubt my modded EQ is weaker than their current portable fleet.
I get it. But still, without any numbers to backup your theories they remain just that, theories.

And the tinymight is good, I have one myself. But it's still not the perfect vape for everyone, people have different needs and preferences. We can all agree that in many ways it's better than for example a dynavap but that doesn't change that some would still prefer the dynavap. And myself, I'm looking for a new vape to complement my tm. I actually want a slow conduction vape, a sipper for those times I don't want to take two hits and be done. Now is there room for improvement, sure but I don't want to discuss other vapes too much in this thread.

cliffhanger1

Hey @cliffhanger1 So you're tm won't charge but led light works right? Can you get someone to help you with the video? Because I have an idea how you can film proof of the problem, it won't be fun though, to film or to watch... Set up a space, ex. a table close to power outlets, with tm, usb-c charger, external charger, one empty battery and an analog clock.

So the objective is to show that the battery does not charge and have everything on video and the clock helps to show that you haven't cheated.

In front of camera:

- Insert battery in tm, turn dial above 2 in front of camera and try to turn on. Shouldn't work because low battery.

- Next you want to try charging tm with usb-c cable. But first, to prove that the cable is working connect the cable to different device/phone and show to camera that it is charging. Then connect it to tm

- Now the fun begins - Continue recording for 15-20min and make sure the clock is ticking for the camera.

- Try turning on again. Won't turn on because low battery.

- Now to prove the battery works: take out battery and insert into external charger.

- Charge 15-20min

- Insert battery in tm, turn on. Now it turns on.

-End-

All of the steps should he done in front of the camera.

Now I don't actually think you should have to do all this work. I find it strange that you can't just send it in for a checkup, because that would be much simpler...
Hey, thank you very much for the great effort you've put in. :)

The LEDs are also as good as dead.
They rarely come on briefly if you shake the cable a bit, but they usually go off again straight away.
But even when I managed to get the lamp to glow permanently (it doesn't work anymore), the devices no longer charged the battery. Unfortunately, it would all be too tedious for me, as you described it very well, since I don't have the time or nerves for it due to illness it is all too much for me.
thank you again for your kind words :)

MoltenTiger

I get it. But still, without any numbers to backup your theories they remain just that, theories.

And the tinymight is good, I have one myself. But it's still not the perfect vape for everyone, people have different needs and preferences. We can all agree that in many ways it's better than for example a dynavap but that doesn't change that some would still prefer the dynavap. And myself, I'm looking for a new vape to complement my tm. I actually want a slow conduction vape, a sipper for those times I don't want to take two hits and be done. Now is there room for improvement, sure but I don't want to discuss other vapes too much in this thread.
I don't think you got it.

I never said it was the perfect vape. I didn't say my vape is better than yours - I will rave about my TM2 success so someone might read it and feel more confident to buy one. Yet I wouldn't even say my TM2 is my best vape.

I said the TM2 isn't going to cause combustion from fine material falling into the heater or onto the metal screens, in part because that section and also the heater doesn't run as hot as the device in question (assuming the same set target temp, that the TM2 is able to be set to 240+°C target temp complicates the combustion potential comparison, hence the later posts)

So given everything you have complained about, going on to say that in many ways we can all agree TM is better than a dynavap, it's no different is it? The ways it is better is just a theory? And if you were to touch raw material to a heated vapcap it would singe it, the heater is running well above target because the heat exchange is not efficient due to the available surface area (similar to what I was trying to describe before) the massive ribbon in the TM has a huge surface area in comparison so it doesn't require the same extreme temps to transfer the same amount of energy to the chamber. Because of this there is little risk of combustion from debris build up, unlike in other units (including vapcap ime)

budski

cantre member
I've taken to plugging in the TM2 very rarely and making sure to use minimal force when I do. Having 1 type of battery and external charger for several vapes is huge. I'd rather wear out the threaded cap than the usbc, It will contribute to the device's longevity.
Now that I think about it I should do that w/all of'em.

Sto.Oned

Hi, I just changed the internal glass removing the screw below.
All working good but I feel that the button moves in and out very easily (as I removed some shit inside). It makes also a sound. I don't know if I lost any small piece that was pushing out the botton to stay firm.
If not, is there any way to keep the button firm?
I m plenty of vaping orings, but they are not high temperature resistant.
But I don't think that the button area will become so hot, do you think that I can add them without risks of smells?
Option B could be a small piece of paper behind the button..
Let me know what's best (and easier) thanks 😁
Anyone? In one week I ll leave for a long trip...

Sto.Oned,
Top Bottom