TinyMight / TM 2

cliffhanger1

My 2 units load the new batteries not at all full and the bottom panel does not get hot like before while charging.
Both units is very cold. The charging lamps are on while plugged in.
I tested also with new charging adapter and cable.

What's strange is that both of my devices have the same error.
Has someone an idea for this problem or had the same in the past?

cliffhanger1,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
My 2 units load the new batteries not at all full and the bottom panel does not get hot like before while charging.
Both units is very cold. The charging lamps are on while plugged in.
I tested also with new charging adapter and cable.

What's strange is that both of my devices have the same error.
Has someone an idea for this problem or had the same in the past?

Seems you are asking about batteries not charging in a TMx.

Are these TM2’s?
If so double check the battery polarity, as the TM2 is opposite to the OG TM.
If the batteries are in correctly…..
Make sure to test charger and cable on different device.
*** (Since you saw the TMx ON, it’s probably not the power source or cable, but it’s best troubleshooting practice to eliminate any potential sources, “process of elimination”).
Make sure your 18650’s aren’t completely dead, read them with a voltage meter. If below 2.5 volts the TM may not start charging.
This is another example why owning an inexpensive USB METER, would answer at least the power side of the trouble shooting, I’ll repost a link to that meter if interested….

You say it’s happening on 2 different TM’s, that makes it even harder to diagnose, see if what I wrote above is in anyway helpful.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
In March 2021 I bought 10 p26 molicel that I have been using in rotation exclusively on my TM and TM2, they are practically all destroyed! In TM2 they go from green to red in the same session! Always recharged on Nitecore SC2
I just bought 10 more. With the new ones, the TM's performance improved

Varden

In March 2021 I bought 10 p26 molicel that I have been using in rotation exclusively on my TM and TM2, they are practically all destroyed! In TM2 they go from green to red in the same session! Always recharged on Nitecore SC2
I just bought 10 more. With the new ones, the TM's performance improved
It is not normal that the batteries are gone in two years. I use mostly the Samsung 30Q, but I have the original Molicel that came with the TM OG still working fine.

I'm guessing you use them daily (I do not) but still, seems too premature.

Varden,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The Molicel 26 or 28 18650s are the probably longest lasting batteries that I've used. The Green Sonys are probably the shortest lasting ones. LGs are somewhere in the middle...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It is not normal that the batteries are gone in two years. I use mostly the Samsung 30Q, but I have the original Molicel that came with the TM OG still working fine.

I'm guessing you use them daily (I do not) but still, seems too premature.

It actually is quite normal, this is heavy use, taxing on the batteries, and if you are a heavy user then you will roll through batteries noticeably, I am seeing it in mine finally now, they get fewer bowls out

cliffhanger1

Seems you are asking about batteries not charging in a TMx.

Are these TM2’s?
If so double check the battery polarity, as the TM2 is opposite to the OG TM.
If the batteries are in correctly…..
Make sure to test charger and cable on different device.
*** (Since you saw the TMx ON, it’s probably not the power source or cable, but it’s best troubleshooting practice to eliminate any potential sources, “process of elimination”).
Make sure your 18650’s aren’t completely dead, read them with a voltage meter. If below 2.5 volts the TM may not start charging.
This is another example why owning an inexpensive USB METER, would answer at least the power side of the trouble shooting, I’ll repost a link to that meter if interested….

You say it’s happening on 2 different TM’s, that makes it even harder to diagnose, see if what I wrote above is in anyway helpful.
Thanks for your answer.
Yes both are TM2.
I think I found the error.
On both devices it is the USB socket on the device that has a loose contact.
Sometimes the red charging lamp lights up, sometimes not. If you wiggle the cable slightly you will notice it.

If there is contact, the vape will get hot again when charging.

On one device it works with problems, on the other I can hardly get the charging lamp to light.
I have a normal T20 screwdriver, but the screw on the device is so tight on both that I can't loosen it.
Do you think I can solve it myself if I get the device open, or do I have to send both in?
i have to buy a T screwdriver to take it stronger to loose. Thank you

Edit:
Now I have found out that the worse device no longer gets warm at all and does not charge even when the red charging lamp is on

Last edited:
cliffhanger1,

cliffhanger1

Have you tried a different cable? I would be surprised if you had two faulty usb connectors on two different devices.
yes i tried. i was thinking the same like you. but both are nearly the same old about over 1 year.
and one device gets hot with red loading lamp and one not, with the same cabe. but i have to wiggle the cable to get red lamp.
and maybe the connectors are too much plugged it in and unplugged it so it's no longer installed properly or something like that ?
i do not know and if it will not sent it in i will buy a separately charger for the batteries.
it was easier for me to load in the device.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I can't speak to the durability of the USB Port on the OG TM because I nearly always charge batteries in an external charger so that I always have charged batteries ready. It's just kinda weird for you to have 2 different ones fail. Are there others who purchased around the same time who also had issues? I haven't caught that conversation if it is taking place.
Just to be clear I am not doubting your report, it is just kind of weird that you would have that kind of bad luck. Sorry.

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
Let me just say flat out this is my favorite portable vaporizer. It stays clean, you can swap the battery out easily, it taste great, and it can deliver a powerful hit within a few seconds.

In terms of durability, I have had to have mine replaced several times due to the button stopping working. After having it replaced a few times, I decided to buy a second Tinymight 2. Since then I haven’t had any issues. My two TM’s are different temperatures though.

I truly adore my TM’s. If I had one complaint, it would be that the unit turns itself on to easily. I literally believe 30% of the time I open the traveling case my TM is on and has been on for only God knows how long. A few times it turned on in the auto setting and got extremely hot.

I will always be looking forward to the newest version and will keep them in my collection.

Varden

I truly adore my TM’s. If I had one complaint, it would be that the unit turns itself on to easily. I literally believe 30% of the time I open the traveling case my TM is on and has been on for only God knows how long. A few times it turned on in the auto setting and got extremely hot.

You might know this and just forget to do it, but just in case: if you set the dial to zero in the TM2 it will not turn itself on no matter how the button is pressed.

I had the same thing happening to me when travelling and since then I always put the dial to zero before packing it for travel. Specially important if you are packing it with flammable shit.

Petetbay

Playing around with my TM2 I discover for myself that the Splinter tubes fit the TM2 perfectly and I have a bunch, 4 short and 2 long. I have some dimpled ones, but they are loose because of the dimples at the oring. I was just about to order the 18mm wpa so maybe not now. I’ve already been playing with beads in the short glass and ti stems until I get the 80mm glass stem and also ordered the Grav 16mm taster bat. :doh:

Got some fresh bud and TM2 keeps impressing me. The dome screen is my favorite, while I don’t have a TM2 rimmed screen yet the ones I have don’t work good with the chamber oring. I run at 4 most of the time and find I can with the play with the draws to get good thorough extraction. With the glass and rimmed screens it tends to need a stir for full extraction. I have some mesh caps I think were for the Fierce and liking them with hash big time, the solid TM2 caps not so much, but they‘re ok.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I unscrew the battery cap a little. It cant turn on that way!

Is that more convenient for you than the dial? I guess if you are someone who always keeps the dial at one setting... I am always temp stepping low to high, so I would definitely just turn it all the way down to protect from turning on accidentally

badbee

That's great. Someone should make them for the TinyMight. I would buy them.

Edit: on second though, do any of those ceramic capsules fit the TinyMight and are they still for sale?
MV1 capsules are oval and likely wouldn't fit anything else, you should go over to the Bowle thread to ask about the diameter of those capsules.

badbee,
Reactions: Varden

Rodney

My TM2 is on the way with an extra 2 of the same battery you get with it and a 2 battery charger.

I read so much good things about the TM2 in this thread and online however I read 2 negative things between this and the mighty+ that i use. The 2 things are battery do not last long and the reloading process takes longer.

The battery issue compared to Mighty+ should not be an issue as got 2 extra and charger and got a dosing cap with it so should be fine.

Will be here in around 36 hours. in the meantime I will be using My volcano classic and mighty+ :D

PS got my refund for the PLENTY right away from Amazon as was not happy with that vape so.

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
I find it to be quite quick, capsules are annoying, but I think stem-based vapes like this are much easier to load and unload, compared to chamber style like Mighty
Same here. I'm finding it hard to get away from the stem loading style of vape. I use the straw method the fill, and either a debowler (inside) or blow through (outside) to empty. Easy peasy.

The inside of the TM2 stays super clean too. :tup:

MoltenTiger

It's probably better to turn the dial to 0 or to remove the battery entirely rather than loosening the cap and allowing it to rattle around hammering the PCBA. Though it will handle lighter transit fine most likely, it might not be the best practice.

TM2 has been so good for me. Near perfect.

The only thing I currently think that could be improved upon is durability (not too bad as is, but bad falls could be a problem), brass threads (a bit tired of Al dust from the battery and ring screw points), better UI, smaller size.

However there are no deal breakers, not even close. Something this powerful but ultra portable is the only way forward.

As is, the TM2 is so consistent, nice to look at and handle, easy to clean. Very happy with it and it is seemingly odd to still be getting huge clouds after so long and coming from the Hopper life. I still miss the ultra portable nature of that, but it is a sensible compromise with the Tinymight. At least the heat up time is near enough to instant.

I've got a V3 Nano on the way for ultra portability and I expect the heat up times will seem extra long after getting used to these powerful units that do it so well.
Still I need an adventure vape and that is the only way the TM2 is limited IME.

Top Bottom