TinyMight / TM 2

Shivam

The TM 2 air path is isolated from the PCB board, by the metal heater unit base that plugs the bore in the wood body.

Could air enter the USB C port, travel around the PCB, work its way up either or both the second screw and tool bores in the wood, squeeze between the top cap and the wood body, and then join the free and easy air path from top plate holes to space below heater (above metal plate), sealed between the wood bore and the glass tubes, sealed with O-rings?

Perhaps.
I stand corrected. I totally missed that when I took apart the tm2 and put it back together 🤦‍♂️

ElMismo

Also, the first OG inner metal tube was made of aluminum as well if I’m not mistaken. The glass stem was sliding up and down the tube everytime you loaded it up. I was not a fan.
They changed it to what appeared to be a SS version later on, before the upgrades !?
I bought the new one as soon as I saw it. I’m still using the OG as It still works just as new..

It got me thinking. What other safety concerns have they changed during the 1.5 upgrade and the 2.0?
Should I have upgraded mine for safety reasons ?

ElMismo,

mulciber

The only concern raised that bothers me is the aluminium dust that gathers on the O-ring. Only notice it when I remove the O-ring. So hopefully it never gets into the vape path anyway.

Not even sure it is aluminium dust.

I am not a physicist, but I honestly can't see how it would be possible for "aluminum dust" to gather on the o-ring. In fact it just doesn't make sense to me that the device would be generating "aluminum dust" in anything like normal handling. No offense, not disputing, it just doesn't seem to add up for me.

RedZep

I am not a physicist, but I honestly can't see how it would be possible for "aluminum dust" to gather on the o-ring. In fact it just doesn't make sense to me that the device would be generating "aluminum dust" in anything like normal handling. No offense, not disputing, it just doesn't seem to add up for me.
No offense taken. I'm struggling to imagine how it could happen as well. The O-ring does get smeared with something over time. No idea what it is. Could be good old regular dust.

It's the only thing that has a question mark for me. The other concerns I've had eased previously before I purchased.

Bomar57

Maybe not the right place, but let`s share customers experience:

Shopping experience at VERDAMPFTNOCHMAL.DE
Me:
The adapter I bought from you has a factory defect.
VERDAMPFTNOCHMAL.DE: Evidence.
Me: I send a picture, a video.
VERDAMPFTNOCHMAL.DE: Ok, we will refund your money.
Me (panicking, checking their stock): Send me a new one, I can pay the shipping.
VERDAMPFTNOCHMAL.DE: Ok, pay 17 EUR for DHL.
Me (thinking)...
Me: But I already paid for the adapter and delivery the first time. I want a working adapter!
VERDAMPFTNOCHMAL.DE: After four days, they return me 22.45 EUR for the adapter!!!!

And so, i must find some other store...

Bomar57,

gangababa

Just for fun, some O-ring rambling.
In my pre - jubilado (retired) life, I had to deal with rings and seals, shafts and bearings, air, oil, water, and chocolate.
Moving parts wear out O-rings, as can heat, dirt, dust, damaging solvents. I was lucky to have a nearby rings and seals seller so all the company's needs were met without the problems of shipping and buying by the dozens.

In the TM, the only moving part that might damage the O-ring is the stem. Consider, for example, a GRAV-Octotaster stem with its etched glass logo. When the stem is used as one might expect, glass filter end in the oven, the etching and O-ring rub. Avoid this by reversing the stem so the bowl becomes the mouthpiece. Fill with glass ball and cap with a rimmed screen to keep the balls in, for a nearly all glass taste.

The TM stem O-ring is reportedly 20mm OD (confirmed) with a 2.4mm cross section (CS or cord). Thus the ID is 15.2mm diameter.
The Stem is 16mm; the threaded ring does not need to press hard on the silicone O-ring; it need only be tight enough to hold the O-ring in place and not loosen up.

Suppose one replaced the O-ring with one having a 16mm ID (20mm OD, 2mm cord). Seems logical; in this case the ring lock would need to torqued tighter to squeeze the CS into an oval with an ID less than 16mm. BTW, I have TM OEM O-rings and also some 2mm cord O-rings. They do work. My 2.5mm cord size O-rings are too tight.

The other O-ring seals the top cover and upper glass. I bought this O-ring from the Tinymight website and measured it. It measures 24mm OD, 20mm ID, with 2mm cord, red silicone. The original TM and TM-2 use different sizes.

For the tool, one needs an O-ring of 7mm OD, 5mm ID, 1mm cord; available on the TM website.

snowdrop7756

That doesn't make sense to me either. Isn't aluminum only used on the on the exterior casing of which it's coated with a finish? Is it possibly factory residue? Maybe the finish is coming off?

In terms of electronic vaporizers I really don't see anything on the market that is better in terms of build quality. Almost all use plastic, made in china, etc.. God knows what is substituted in those vaporizers.

onesixty2

thanks for the replies.
used the device since new at 9 or just above with no combusting until now.
i buy myself 1 vape a year, this year's was the TM2.
thankfully i have a few other serious devices, so in have cleaned the TM2 and put it away.
i must admit to being more than a little disappointed.
This is a late reply, but just to reiterate the absolutely obvious advice: 9 is a ridiculous high mark. This is user error, 100%, sorry bud. I see you posted after the fact, hope you're enjoying it more.

datayoda

So I really enjoy using my tinymight with a revolve stem. I use a wood stem to surround it and parchment paper to block the gaps. I use one cooling unit and the revolve for hyper cold streams. But I saw azzwood in the UK has a stem just to house the Revolve. Does anyone know if such a stem can be obtained in the US? azzwood is way over priced. I asked Ed TnT but he has no capacity due to many orders. Who could make a similar stem to house the revolve?

datayoda,
Reactions: davesmith

datayoda

There are a few woodworkers who frequent this site that could probably do it. But if it were me this comment would put me off taking the custom order:
With the exchange rate plus shipping the stem is over $100. That’s just ridiculous for a piece of wood ;)

datayoda,
  • Sad
Reactions: simba

RedZep

All this talk of high heat hits. Who else only uses TM2 on really high settings?

Do you get even extraction? How many hits do you get from your bowls? What stem option do you use for this?

RedZep,

Ganjora

This is a late reply, but just to reiterate the absolutely obvious advice: 9 is a ridiculous high mark. This is user error, 100%, sorry bud. I see you posted after the fact, hope you're enjoying it more.

i wish i was, but not.
it's like a pen, which kinda/sorta works most of the time, but is not 100%.
i am not interested in fucking about with things like that, so i am selling it.

Ganjora,

RedZep

i wish i was, but not.
it's like a pen, which kinda/sorta works most of the time, but is not 100%.
i am not interested in fucking about with things like that, so i am selling it.
All dry herb vapes contend with variables. I used to combust in my Anvil sometimes if I had certain strains. My response was just to aim the torch slightly higher.

To be fair if you hate the TM2 ability to change temp setting instantly, then you are missing out on one of its main features and strengths to be honest.

Even if you find a vape that never combusts how you like it. Never adjusting your technique or heat depending on strain will never leave you with optimum results. I had to dial up my B0 20 degrees this weekend for a different strain.

Your complaints have more to do with the unavoidable inherent nature of dry herb vaping.

cliffhanger1

One of my TM2 suddenly stopped vibrating without falling or anything after about one year of using.
Is there a tip on how to fix this yourself or do I have to send it in?

cliffhanger1,

gangababa

All this talk of high heat hits. Who else only uses TM2 on really high settings?

Do you get even extraction? How many hits do you get from your bowls? What stem option do you use for this?
I regularly finish at 8 and at times have started there; I never go to 9. I have just filled a rimmed screen with the contents of a previously filled dosing capsule. The volume is quite close. I will consume this via a TM long cooling stem and report back.

I'm back! And retyping this message that went puff. Aparently I failed to save after testing and reporting, so apparently I can attest to the efficacy of the Tinymight.
Loaded long cooling stem rimmed basket with the contents of previously loaded dosing capsule; about .1 - .12 grams.
Blue light battery
1st hit, full, clouds, cool
2nd hit, less of everything, still cool
3rd hit, why bother, never coughed
4th hit, nothing there, nada, zilch, totally spent dark ABV.

Meanwhile:
One of my TM2 suddenly stopped vibrating without falling or anything after about one year of using.
Is there a tip on how to fix this yourself or do I have to send it in?
This can be fixed by the user. If I remember correctly, the Tinymight website FAQ tells how to do it. The repair is easier on the original than on the TM-2 due to tighter wood/metal tolerance on the new vape. The main screw and the bottom plate need to be removed; nothing else.
Usually the fix is simply bending the vibration motor contact tabs a bit to touch the circuit board contact strips better. Perhaps clean the contact points with ISO.
Bottom-Cap.jpg

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I regularly finish at 8 and at times have started there; I never go to 9. I have just filled a rimmed screen with the contents of a previously filled dosing capsule. The volume is quite close. I will consume this via a TM long cooling stem and report back.

I'm back! And retyping this message that went puff. Aparently I failed to save after testing and reporting, so apparently I can attest to the efficacy of the Tinymight.
Loaded long cooling stem rimmed basket with the contents of previously loaded dosing capsule; about .1 - .12 grams.
Blue light battery
1st hit, full, clouds, cool
2nd hit, less of everything, still cool
3rd hit, why bother, never coughed
4th hit, nothing there, nada, zilch, totally spent dark ABV.

Meanwhile:

This can be fixed by the user. If I remember correctly, the Tinymight website FAQ tells how to do it. The repair is easier on the original than on the TM-2 due to tighter wood/metal tolerance on the new vape. The main screw and the bottom plate need to be removed; nothing else.
Usually the fix is simply bending the vibration motor contact tabs a bit to touch the circuit board contact strips better. Perhaps clean the contact points with ISO.
Bottom-Cap.jpg
If the haptic motor is stuck in the housing then taking it apart and adjusting and cleaning the contacts wouldn’t really help. It can’t hurt of course if done directly. I’ve fixed my OG TM twice when the haptic stopped working; the first time I did take the whole thing apart (and fixed it) and the second time after a a couple of hits against the palm of my hand (it’s been mentioned herein a few times), it worked again. Take the stem out if you do the palm hits. If you do take the bottom off just be careful with the contact points.

Hope yours is fixed soon.
:peace:

cliffhanger1

Is there a tip on how to fix this yourself or do I have to send it in
Wonder happens. ;) Yesterday i ordered a Torx T20 screwdriver which i not received for now. Today my unit begins without do anything repair vibrating again. :) Nice, i will look how long it takes. Thx for the help

Principal Guy

Troy and Jerry featured this on their show last Friday.
Looks impressive but over $80 with shipping to USA. How would this be better than say a rogue wax works WPA with a basket screen???

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Troy and Jerry featured this on their show last Friday.
Looks impressive but over $80 with shipping to USA. How would this be better than say a rogue wax works WPA with a basket screen???
This thing has been popular on discord and reddit. It's mentioned up thread here too.

I haven't tried it. It was being marketed as a "Tinymight ball vape bowl" which seems very stupid to me.

I don't think it's going to be a better WPA than any of the many existing ones, but some people love metal stems so it should work great for them.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
That thing looks daft to me! I'm still unsure as to exactly what it is. Last time I saw it I thought it was trying to convert the TM into a ball injector, which is ridiculous. If it's a metal WPA, I suppose it's not going to break when it's dropped but other than that I came see the point of it.

I don't watch Troy, I don't find his input useful to me, I guess maybe if I did I would understand better lol...

Damnit @Grass Yes you're too fast for me lol.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm guessing it full of balls and acts like a heat sink but on a portable battery device how much spare energy is there to heat the heat sink in the first place?

No it is still a bowl, what your imagining would be if it was a heater... I didn't think it had any extra cooling since it is just a WPA (the idea that it sits loose instead of tight in the o-ring is also not worth the price imo)

Top Bottom