TinyMight / TM 2

Tji89

Can you post pictures with it inside? Is there maybe room for extra stem, battery and little container with herb?

Tji89,

Wozz

Can you post pictures with it inside? Is there maybe room for extra stem, battery and little container with herb?
I've posted a pic of the case I use, showing the inside holding the TM2 and accessories. It's in "vapor related equipment" 😉

Wozz,

Sam42

Hi, I’m a QM with TÜV certification.

I’m inquiring some vaporizer to prevent serious damages to health.

I have two TM2 at my desk. Not dismantled yet. One is new, one is used less than 10 times. They came from Tinymightvape from Finland.

Especially I will check and assess the problems with the air pathway, sealing from PCB and much more.

I’m question why both doesn’t taste clean without the cooling unit. The new one is tasting like rubber without herbs. Are the reason already known?

To eliminate some reasons, if the taste is coming from the O-rings, I need a couple made from silicone.

What sizes do I need?

5ae1c346ac.jpg

Last edited:

Sam42

Thats are the best on the market for your need. I think with lifetime guarantee. 1060 is optional also.

peli-cases-1040-black-micro-case.jpg

Sam42,

badbee

I have two TM2 at my desk. Not dismantled yet. One is new, one is used less than 10 times. They came from Tinymightvape from Finland.

Especially I will check and assess the problems with the air pathway, sealing from PCB and much more.

I’m question why both doesn’t taste clean without the cooling unit. The new one is tasting like rubber without herbs. Are the reason already known?

To eliminate some reasons, if the taste is coming from the O-rings, I need a couple made from silicone.

What sizes do I need?

5ae1c346ac.jpg
Some units smell very strongly of recently worked Oak which smells a little fishy. It fades with time and use. The same is true of new o-rings, which can be a little plastic smelling at first. It fades on it's own, or faster with a quick soak in baking soda and water. The o-ring sizes are in this thread somewhere but it will take some searching (and I'm feeling too lazy).

badbee,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

What sizes do I need?
As said above, the o-ring sizes are in this thread. But I'm just curious, since you intend to tear down the device, why not just measure the o-rings with your calipers yourself?

Grass Yes,
Reactions: dench

SolidAirrr

What sizes do I need?

5ae1c346ac.jpg
Interesting. May I ask 'how come'? Is this your private project or something else?
Which other devices are you planning to check? And could you say something about the intended process/methods of checking?
My device had the assumed and mentioned fresh 'fishy' wood smell but very little rubber-odour. Compared to other devices it made a very good first impression and felt fine to use after a couple initial burn-offs, which should be standard procedure for everyone.

Btw, as I've never read about it: I like to do this using a plastic bottle with a hole in the bottom where i attach the devices and then turn the bottle, filled with water, upside down to make it suck air through the device a couple of times.

SolidAirrr,
Reactions: gangababa

Sam42

As said above, the o-ring sizes are in this thread. But I'm just curious, since you intend to tear down the device, why not just measure the o-rings with your calipers yourself?
A quality manager is measuring nothing. I’m writing audits. I think you be mistaken this job with a sworn reviewer maybe?

Nonetheless I have tools for measuring till 0.01mm. But if you ever tried to find the right O-ring size in a pneumatic system only with outline dimension and used O-rings you have to buy and try different sizes.

I’m working on an audit for the Mighty+ too, which will be very scary for every owner.

Sam42,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Please, what is QM?
I’m writing audits. I think you be mistaken this job with a sworn reviewer maybe?
I think of questions a lot of us here may have. Are you doing these "audits" as part of your QM job, or is this an independent interest of yours? Do you regularly audit electronic devices? Medical devices?
Who is providing the vaporizes for your audits?
I’m working on an audit for the Mighty+ too, which will be very scary for every owner.
This sounds provocative, I don't know why you would tease out something that may be just be scandalous rumor until you show you data, etc. It doesn't seem like a scientific type of approach/analysis, in my opinion.
I'm not a TM owner, but I do use a Mighty sometimes, and I've seen the inside of one...

I don't want to sound antagonistic, I'm simply very curious, as many here may be! We welcome your posts.

SolidAirrr

The manufacture told me they have problems with sealing, but they are not as bad as they think. I have to check this. And they told me the heating element is to close to the PCB caused of the design.
That might be because there is no real 'sealing' afaik and could see from pictures of others.
The air sucked into the device goes down towards the metal plate below the heater and is then sucked through it. The picture below (with the PCB removed) shows that there's no other o-ring or anything similar other than the cutout in the wood 'sealing'it from the PCB sitting under the wooden body.

They told me its A4 steel (316L). But the nuts and shims are alloyed to resist environmental influences and will be release toxic substances. It’s not the same material as the other parts of the cooling unit.
That sounds like you're stating a fact. The question would be under which circumstances they'd release toxic substances... Can you prove your claim?

I don’t know why you want to use a bottle, but maybe I can tell you more about the TM2
Just because it was the first thing that came to mind and was available when I received my first vape.

It’s my spare time. The reason for this is the illegal behavior of S&B and my willing to help other to protect their healthy.
All altruistic? Did you buy/use one of their devices yourself or what drew your attention?

SolidAirrr,

MHL

Try hard noob
Having some more trouble with my TM now. I seem to be unlucky with this one. :|

Turning on gives me a flashing blue light. Pressing the fire button doesn't work properly... It buzzes after a second or so, as if it's heated up real fast, but there is no heat.

Looks like Im going to have to send it back to finland yet again.

Has anybody else had this problem?

MHL,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Having some more trouble with my TM now. I seem to be unlucky with this one. :|

Turning on gives me a flashing blue light. Pressing the fire button doesn't work properly... It buzzes after a second or so, as if it's heated up real fast, but there is no heat.

Looks like Im going to have to send it back to finland yet again.

Has anybody else had this problem?

What temp are you turning it on with? Have you tried different batteries?

Almost a year ago my OG TM went in for its lone RMA (I fried the board due to incorrect battery direction and turned it on - that won’t happen again!), and other those 4 lonely weeks, lol, mostly for 3.5 years my TM continues to shine and out deliver. Simply an amazing vape. It rocks EVERY SINGLE TIME :). :peace:

MHL

Try hard noob
What temp are you turning it on with? Have you tried different batteries?

Almost a year ago my OG TM went in for its lone RMA (I fried the board due to incorrect battery direction and turned it on - that won’t happen again!), and other those 4 lonely weeks, lol, mostly for 3.5 years my TM continues to shine and out deliver. Simply an amazing vape. It rocks EVERY SINGLE TIME :). :peace:
I've tried it at different temps. Battery is the original (and Ive tried a spare too). Always the same. Boo hoo!

MHL,

SolidAirrr

dd8afdb964.jpg
I paid for all my devices. I own a couple more. I’m no native English speaker. There will be some wrong translations. I’m doing this in my spare time. I don’t audit electronic devices normally. What I can’t are chemical analysis and body SAR values. This will be no audit at the moment, just a report. I could talk about more design flaws.

It’s just my own purpose to prevent serious damages to health for other user and force the companies with customer reports to avoid flaws.

The problems are that vaporizer are not controlled and regulated by independent companies. They are taking advantages and barley customers will not file a suit. Certifications like CE, RoHS and TÜV are not controlled regularly and mostly the companies don’t give them all information they have.

I know what I’m talking about.
Sorry for the Mighty+ spoiler. It will take more time. I talked many times to the company about the flaws and the danger of serious damage to health, but they don’t care. That’s why I doing this. Please don’t ask me more about this audit at the moment.

Back to topic…
Known issues with TM2…

-Cooling unit:

shims and nuts are alloyed and not for medical usages. Real stainless steal will rust.
To resist environmental influences like water (acids, alkali) you have to use substances like nickel, molybdenum, manganese etc.
In medical usages only allowed are chromium alloy, titanium und titanium alloy. That’s not happening here and after every cleaning the shims and nuts will release substances, which is normal, but toxic. You can taste this with your tongue, nose and will see it if you brake it. Other stainless steal parts of the unit looks fine.
The filter brakes is bad designed too
The OctoTaster upgrade and glass beads are recommended

-O-rings:
rubber taste, wrong material, will release toxic substances
You need silicone O-rings, sizes are … xxx

-Air pathway:
no sealing from PCB, no dust filter, no regulation of air flow
PCBs will release many really bad substances, if they are getting hot. I don’t know about critical temperatures and how bad it is. That’s why I have to dismantle the devices.

-Screw on top for sealing:
its forbidden to use aluminum threads in air masks and similar usages. Aluminium dust will find the way any time in your lung. That is happening here. Attached the upper, colored O-ring of a TM2.

-Titanium pipe and other stems:
caused of the bad design it’s not recommended to use hard materials which will be abrasive to the inner pipe

Regarding your remarks on the PCB and top screw I understand that your recommendation is not to use TM at all, right?

SolidAirrr,

bestvaping

In medical usages only allowed are chromium alloy, titanium und titanium alloy.
These materials may qualify as medical, but they are not intended for heating purposes. Being used in the medical world does not mean being risk-free, for example, titanium can release harmful substances (notably titanium dioxide) at a temperature of 1200°F (650°C) so these materials should not be used without precise temperature control (as on ecigarettes). Qualifying as medical doesn't mean much here, and neither does CE certification (which exclusively covers on-board electronics). This would require the creation of product-specific regulations, which I don't think is going to happen any time soon, given Europe's cannabis legislation and just about everywhere else in the world, they don't give a damn about our health, but I agree that manufacturers should offer something healthy, given the nature of the product. Some make an effort, others prefer to make money first, which is the whole problem here ..

MoltenTiger

dd8afdb964.jpg
I paid for all my devices. I own a couple more. I’m no native English speaker. There will be some wrong translations. I’m doing this in my spare time. I don’t audit electronic devices normally. What I can’t are chemical analysis and body SAR values. This will be no audit at the moment, just a report. I could talk about more design flaws.

It’s just my own purpose to prevent serious damages to health for other user and force the companies with customer reports to avoid flaws.

The problems are that vaporizer are not controlled and regulated by independent companies. They are taking advantages and barley customers will not file a suit. Certifications like CE, RoHS and TÜV are not controlled regularly and mostly the companies don’t give them all information they have.

I know what I’m talking about.
Sorry for the Mighty+ spoiler. It will take more time. I talked many times to the company about the flaws and the danger of serious damage to health, but they don’t care. That’s why I doing this. Please don’t ask me more about this audit at the moment.

Back to topic…
Known issues with TM2…

-Cooling unit:

shims and nuts are alloyed and not for medical usages. Real stainless steal will rust.
To resist environmental influences like water (acids, alkali) you have to use substances like nickel, molybdenum, manganese etc.
In medical usages only allowed are chromium alloy, titanium und titanium alloy. That’s not happening here and after every cleaning the shims and nuts will release substances, which is normal, but toxic. You can taste this with your tongue, nose and will see it if you brake or polish it. Other stainless steal parts of the unit looks fine.

-O-rings:
rubber taste, wrong material, will release toxic substances
You need silicone O-rings, sizes are … xxx

-Air pathway:
no sealing from PCB, no dust filter, no regulation of air flow
PCBs will release many really bad substances, if they are getting hot. I don’t know about critical temperatures and how bad it is. That’s why I have to dismantle the devices.

-Screw on top for sealing:
its forbidden to use aluminum threads in air masks and similar usages. Aluminium dust will find the way any time in your lung. That is happening here. Attached the upper, colored O-ring of a TM2.

-Titanium pipe and other stems:
caused of the bad design it’s not recommended to use hard materials which will be abrasive to the inner pipe
I've picked and placed and cooked hundreds of PCBs. With the TM2 I haven't noticed any of the nasty chemicals I've seen offgassing from these boards as I put them through a temp curve hitting something close to 400°C and likely beyond. It takes some serious heat soaking to see the fumes and they are not subtle.
The PCB in the TM2 might not be perfectly isolated, but I'm much more satisfied with it's thermal decoupling compared to the likes of the Grasshopper, which I had no health issues with yet was a little dicey under the hood.
The better separation is evident in that the device isn't so prone to failure like the GH or like a water kettle with the control board in the handle.
Thermal cycles are not kind to electronics. My TM2 hasn't skipped a beat or gotten suspiciously dirty after many, many hundreds of cycles.

Otherwise the O-rings are temp rated appropriately I thought, too. I haven't noticed anything from them, but I'm not a huge fan, but also changing to siloxane isn't necessarily better.

I would prefer brass threads/pathways, or gold, why not.

I don't use the metal cooling nuts, too finicky to clean, and I also think you might be right there. But it's probably safer than some cutlery or many kitchenware items such as plastic cutting boards or BPA filled plastics.

Glass beads have proven to be even better than everyone has made out, and whilst it gets hot to touch I don't think it will conduct much heat energy to the sealing o-ring.

Overall I will be upgrading to TM3 whenever it lands, because they have already addressed so much with TM2. I think as a company they are doing much better than most in terms of delivering a quality vape product that seems to be compatible with my intentions for vaping - clean good times.

Shout out to the Rogue Wax Works if the ultimate safety is desired. But then do you start to worry about how porous cannabis is and how poisoned is already the environment?
Just enjoy time because it is finite. However if you enjoy this effort, good. Vaping does seem healthy to me, and I would say that many devices seem blatantly dangerous. Not so much this one, but there is room for improvement.

Last edited:

Bomar57

WUNDERWAFFE!!!

I got the Tinymight 2 on November 14th last year. I expected a lot and got even more! As a patient, I need a very reliable device and Tinymight is very good at all. Everything from the concept to the ergonomics and materials is excellent and I am sure that this product will soon gain cult status like, for example, the Swiss army knife or Zippo lighters. Sometimes I find it quite strange that anyone buys anything else! This thing belongs to the Wunderwaffen!

If there is health and will, I may describe why I think so.

Bomar57

Gordlad

Got my trww stem a week ago now and I fucking love it. Doesn't actually feel any cooler but with the amount of extra airflow I get through it, it must be cooling well enough that it doesn't feel much hotter than with the short little stem. Idk if I'm just trying to justify the $120 I spent. Get a more consistent browning with hardly any green bits compared to just with the stock stem.

I have found lately though the tinymight unit gets really fucking hot after one session and I can't use it for multiple one after another like I used to do with the stock stem, hopefully it is just the stem being blocked and not an issue with my actual unit. Will have to try our the stock one for a while and see if i keep having the issue. Anyone else encountered this before? Sorry for rambling I'm fucking toasted right now hahah

badbee

Got my trww stem a week ago now and I fucking love it. Doesn't actually feel any cooler but with the amount of extra airflow I get through it, it must be cooling well enough that it doesn't feel much hotter than with the short little stem. Idk if I'm just trying to justify the $120 I spent. Get a more consistent browning with hardly any green bits compared to just with the stock stem.

I have found lately though the tinymight unit gets really fucking hot after one session and I can't use it for multiple one after another like I used to do with the stock stem, hopefully it is just the stem being blocked and not an issue with my actual unit. Will have to try our the stock one for a while and see if i keep having the issue. Anyone else encountered this before? Sorry for rambling I'm fucking toasted right now hahah
If the stem isn't getting hot the heat has to be going somewhere else, into your lungs. This is how cooling stems are supposed to work.

snowdrop7756

Regarding your remarks on the PCB and top screw I understand that your recommendation is not to use TM at all, right?
A quality manager is measuring nothing. I’m writing audits. I think you be mistaken this job with a sworn reviewer maybe?

Nonetheless I have tools for measuring till 0.01mm. But if you ever tried to find the right O-ring size in a pneumatic system only with outline dimension and used O-rings you have to buy and try different sizes.

-Cooling unit:
In medical usages only allowed are chromium alloy, titanium und titanium alloy. That’s not happening here and after every cleaning the shims and nuts will release substances, which is normal, but toxic. You can taste this with your tongue, nose and will see it if you brake it. Other stainless steal parts of the unit looks fine.

I was actually worried about the nuts and bolts, but not around chemicals. I was mainly concerned about the fact that threading and de-threading the screws would likely produce metal shavings and particles, especially overtime.

Now based on your concerns, I'm not sure if I'm convinced or not. I say that because the substances you mention all have a boiling point significantly higher then the vaporizer can reach. If that's the case, is it really problematic? Also your claim to cleaning releasing these substances, would ISO alcohol really be that abrasive to release?

Regarding the mighty I can't wait to hear your findings. Something has always made me uncomfortable about it. (Air path over electronics, plastic sourcing and where the plastic is being made, etc..)

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I was actually worried about the nuts and bolts, but not around chemicals. I was mainly concerned about the fact that threading and de-threading the screws would likely produce metal shavings and particles, especially overtime.
If you clean parts with ISO it shouldn’t be a concern. I used to use the nuts and washers in the stock cooling units but have gone without them for at least 1.5 years. That said, one could be concerned about screwing the CU parts together (and unscrewing them) possibly offing some metal bits but cleaning the parts should mitigate things. Everyone however is different and you need to do what’s best for you. Overall and for 3.5 years, the Tinymight has exceeded my expectations and it’s my favorite vape. I’d be lost without it, lol. Cheers. :peace:

Ganjora

any reason why a TM2 would suddenly start combusting, regularly?
had the vape brand new for a week with no problems, until this.
after it combusted about 3 or 4 times yesterday (heat setting 9, and lightly filled with cannabis) i put it down before i smashed it to bits in a rage.
have cleaned the device and made sure it's heating is set to the standard level as per back page of the manual.
is there something i am missing?

Ganjora,
Top Bottom