TinyMight / TM 2

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I started with higher temperatures, as I was used in previous vapes, but I have found the charm of lower temperatures on the TM, like @Vaporific says. I only gave it a try because of previous comments here and now it is how I do.

For me 2 is a bit too low, but starting at 3 or 4 works very well. Specially with a 100% glass path, starting at 3 or 4 gives amazing flavour, better than higher temperatures, and on top keeps the flavour good for longer.

If you want to really extract, once you feel at low temps you are getting almost nothing, you can raise to 6-7 for a few more hits and if you are feeling greedy another two more hits at 9-10 before you change the load. Obviously do not expect flavour from these last hits.

Now I'm sold on low temps on TM. Plus slowing seeping it and enjoying the flavour, makes for a more enjoyable session. I do not think this is adequate for weaker vapes, but in the TM... this is the way.

My TM2 has been set at 3 for 6 months and hasn't been moved. I just hit it 4-5 times until the flavor is gone and the clouds get lighter, then dump it. I avoid increases in temp on my throat, so everything I need exists at 3 (for now).

MoltenTiger

I nudged mine up in temp to 8.9 last night. I'm hesitant to go further as I have combusted a couple of times early on. I suspect my session mode exceeds 230°C at level 10 which suits me fine. It's also really neat that you can manually calibrate if desired. Out-of-box mine has been perfect though.

It does do amazing things at low temps too, but I prefer bringing the whole load to the cusp as quickly as possible and pretty much one hit every chamber.
It's nice, simple and effective. Through water. For direct hits the dynamic is different and the cooler settings are more sane, with a proper cooling adapter the options are sublime.

Yet every time I lower the temp I usually bump it up pretty quick, but it does work amazingly across the whole spectrum.
Level 4-6 is a nice way to start and continue the day for eg.
If I want a cooler, tasty hit I can dial that in, or use a different device (the TM2 is outstanding for it's turned up extraction power, conveniently it does low temps very well too).
For me the TM2 has been my sole vape all year as it just delivers a proper hit each and every time.

It might be time to reel it back and climb my way back up to the limit again, I suppose. But I usually dial it up pretty quick as it's just too good hitting the limit.
To be able to do so with a fairly efficient portable is the dream - and at this stage I'm used to my dream being meddled with, with the Grasshopper warranty issues I've faced... all I can say is:

TM2 FTW!

Maschine

I must admit the TM2 is also the first vaporizer I regularly use at lower temperatures. I just love it when people trying it first time ask what temp we doing because they get super baked after just two hits, so I look it up and reply "ohh only around 155-160°C" :ko:

On topic, I use every stem and small water piece, except bigger bongs, between 3-5 depending on the air path / draw speed.
Even when using a small bubbler or something close, I rather extend the length of my draw then going up in temp if I want more extraction. This prevents an uneven extraction and this scorched ring the TM2 is prone to produce what in the end pays off in a better taste and less irritations.
Big bongs I try to dial in between 7 and 8 to get a two hit extraction without combustion though it scorched sometimes but in this scenario I don`t care :rockon:

RedZep

I nudged mine up in temp to 8.9 last night. I'm hesitant to go further as I have combusted a couple of times early on. I suspect my session mode exceeds 230°C at level 10 which suits me fine. It's also really neat that you can manually calibrate if desired. Out-of-box mine has been perfect though.

It does do amazing things at low temps too, but I prefer bringing the whole load to the cusp as quickly as possible and pretty much one hit every chamber.
It's nice, simple and effective. Through water. For direct hits the dynamic is different and the cooler settings are more sane, with a proper cooling adapter the options are sublime.

Yet every time I lower the temp I usually bump it up pretty quick, but it does work amazingly across the whole spectrum.
Level 4-6 is a nice way to start and continue the day for eg.
If I want a cooler, tasty hit I can dial that in, or use a different device (the TM2 is outstanding for it's turned up extraction power, conveniently it does low temps very well too).
For me the TM2 has been my sole vape all year as it just delivers a proper hit each and every time.

It might be time to reel it back and climb my way back up to the limit again, I suppose. But I usually dial it up pretty quick as it's just too good hitting the limit.
To be able to do so with a fairly efficient portable is the dream - and at this stage I'm used to my dream being meddled with, with the Grasshopper warranty issues I've faced... all I can say is:

TM2 FTW!
Enough isn't said about the instant temp stepping also. Can't think of another vape that can do that. Temp steppers dream.

davesmith

Glass Blower
All this talk of low temps has made me realise ive just been creeping up for months. Been hitting buble hash on my flower as my pains been so bad but its meant my temps have got higher and my lungs are feeing it a bit.

Thanks for reminding me to turn it down now and again, had a lovely stem or orangeaid this morning at 5 and its def taken the edge of the pain without exhausting me.

Amazed to see people vaping lower than 5, im gonna see how low i can go for my after lunch bow shortly. For science ofc

gangababa

I will just drop this here because while the thought came as I read "Which is best" thread, where some are suggesting the TM 2, my remark (further below) would be off-thread.

Who would not want to live where one could vape freely in the outside world without legal worry, such as is true in Uruguay. Even here though, some want to clear the public-air of cannabis smoke. The country is already hard anti-smoking tobacco and those laws restrict buying vapes.

I have had my TM 2 for six months. There is nothing I can say that you all don't know about this gorgeous gadget. I bought the full accessory package but only tried the bubbler last week for the first time. As we all do, we use the vape to suit our own needs. It is versatile, capable of satisfying innumerable users in all their variety. My sitting around the house preference is the long cooling stem using dosing capsules without caps. It works at one, at eight, and everywhere in between. So step up!

OK, my 'what if' thought. I'd like to have a shotgun-shell bandoleer to carry several 18650 batteries; with pockets for herb, stems, a dozen dosing caps, etc, plus a Tinymight holster.

kiddvudu2

PXL-20230711-191728423.jpg

I'll tell ya what, this collar-of-shame from @Delta3DStudios is the absolute bomb!:clap::tup:

I also picked up the 4 place dosing capsule loading tray for the v2 capsules and wow. Pretty much a game changer for me. I think I'm becoming a pothead again. :rofl:

MoltenTiger

Enough isn't said about the instant temp stepping also. Can't think of another vape that can do that. Temp steppers dream.
Yeah, it's like a fat and less portable Grasshopper for everyone instead of the lucky few.

Part of the charm is in the heat delivery. I assume the heater is getting very close to the target bowl temp, like the hopper, like the Sublimator. Most, especially convection, heaters go far and beyond the target temp leading to an undesirable dynamic, especially at the lower temp range, and specifically for temp stepping at any level. As you draw energy through the material, you slowly eliminate the cold thermal mass surrounding and inside the chamber as it heats up in sequence, and the chamber temp continues to ramp up until it ultimately reaches equilibrium with the passing stream of hot gas which is energised by the coil. If the coil is red hot, or really any amount beyond the target temp, which is often required due to the inefficiency of the heat exchanger, then you can't really get low temp hits because once you start getting clouds the chamber temp runs away and over heats. This is why so many vapes cause hot spotting and are for all practical reasons wasteful and inferior.

The only way to do it better would be with aerogel insulation or something like what surrounded the Hopper chamber, very high R-value insulation.

The TM2 has a big coil with great surface area, a sizeable wooden build (very porous and reasonably insulating) and good dynamics and power delivery.

It's just a brilliant little heavy hitter that is also a sippers delight. It is a rare combo, and it is widespread market ignorance and hesitancy to spend for the right dynamic that causes most to not know what they are missing out on.

To be fair to hot spotters, the weed still works. But so does a bic 🔥

For me I need the best dynamic to beat the flame. It has worked well and the TM2 has kept the healthy clouds pumping, in a big way.

RedZep

Yeah, it's like a fat and less portable Grasshopper for everyone instead of the lucky few.

Part of the charm is in the heat delivery. I assume the heater is getting very close to the target bowl temp, like the hopper, like the Sublimator. Most, especially convection, heaters go far and beyond the target temp leading to an undesirable dynamic, especially at the lower temp range, and specifically for temp stepping at any level. As you draw energy through the material, you slowly eliminate the cold thermal mass surrounding and inside the chamber as it heats up in sequence, and the chamber temp continues to ramp up until it ultimately reaches equilibrium with the passing stream of hot gas which is energised by the coil. If the coil is red hot, or really any amount beyond the target temp, which is often required due to the inefficiency of the heat exchanger, then you can't really get low temp hits because once you start getting clouds the chamber temp runs away and over heats. This is why so many vapes cause hot spotting and are for all practical reasons wasteful and inferior.

The only way to do it better would be with aerogel insulation or something like what surrounded the Hopper chamber, very high R-value insulation.

The TM2 has a big coil with great surface area, a sizeable wooden build (very porous and reasonably insulating) and good dynamics and power delivery.

It's just a brilliant little heavy hitter that is also a sippers delight. It is a rare combo, and it is widespread market ignorance and hesitancy to spend for the right dynamic that causes most to not know what they are missing out on.

To be fair to hot spotters, the weed still works. But so does a bic 🔥

For me I need the best dynamic to beat the flame. It has worked well and the TM2 has kept the healthy clouds pumping, in a big way.
Loved this explanation. Thanks.

kishot

Any recommendations for storage (not for curry) case?

Requierements:
Smell proof
As small as possible
To accomodate
tm2, wpa, 8inch j-hook, reload (73mm x 37mm)

Thanks

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Thanks for the shoutout @kiddvudu2 :rockon:

As y'all know I am constantly tinkering in the studio on different things. Including a few things for the TinyMight2 such as my new FinTwist drip tip mouthpiece (new V2 recently released - it is 15% longer and has an extra helix twist internally for extra cooling potential), as well as a new oversized slim case deigned to hold the device, spare batteries, and stems.

And I made a custom 55mm Stainless steel stem for another client, but I need to make a few other mods (make it longer, more helix twists internally, etc), but here's a sneak peak of that custom stem, with a v1 fintwist mouthpiece attached:

Last edited:

Varden

I am looking for a recommendation for an accessory for the TM.

As I go around in clubs, lounges and restaurants with the TM, people ask to try it, specially when I tell them it is a "herb" vaporizer. A bunch have never tried one before so they are curious about it. I have no problem letting people try, but sharing saliva with strangers is not that appealing.

Unless someone has a better solution to this problem, I was looking for plastic cap that I can put on the stem so people can use it by sucking on the plastic cap instead of directly on the stem.

Any recommendations? I've seen Grav has some accessories that might work for the case but not sure about sizes. Also, I'm open to DIY solutions, even with 3D printing.

Last edited:

FelixVonTrapp

I’m currently using a plastic mouthpiece from RWW and really enjoy it. My concern with metal mouthpieces is whether they’ll transfer heat to where mouth goes. Is the base really enough of a heat sink to mitigate that problem?

FelixVonTrapp,

DynaBox

Accessory Maker
I’m currently using a plastic mouthpiece from RWW and really enjoy it. My concern with metal mouthpieces is whether they’ll transfer heat to where mouth goes. Is the base really enough of a heat sink to mitigate that problem?
Look at the comments on etsy. Everyone is very pleased. If you use CU it won't be such a problem.

DynaBox,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I am looking for a recommendation for an accessory for the TM.

As I go around in clubs, lounges and restaurants with the TM, people ask to try it, specially when I tell them it is a "herb" vaporizer. A bunch have never tried one before so they are curious about it. I have no problem letting people try, but sharing saliva with strangers is not that appealing.

Unless someone has a better solution to this problem, I was looking for plastic cap that I can put on the stem so people can use it by sucking on the plastic cap instead of directly on the stem.

Any recommendations? I've seen Grab has some accessories that might work for the case but not sure about sizes. Also, I'm open to DIY solutions, even with 3D printing.

This is actually a good idea, one that fits over the outside of the glass stem tip, with enough length so their lips are far enough away, I would also want to make sure they fully clear their hits of course lol @Delta3DStudios should be able to make a plastic 3D printed version I would think...

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
ECig stores used to offer disposable silicone sleeves so customers could try different devices. They are too small for a stock glass TM stem.
The silicone heat sleeve from the Grasshopper vape, fits the TM stem if you can find that type.
Your friends would use the one you lend them, and later you could sanitize them.
If it’s just a few close friends, you could just clean the stem with 190 proof ethanol (does not leave foul taste like ISO), between sessions, for them, and use your backup stem, just for your sessions.

thejuanald

Hi all, new to the forum, much better than reddit where I was before. I got the TM2 last month and love it so far after my original Mighty died off. This time I've been trying to keep to the capsules (using the official TM2 v2 capsules) but I'm a little disappointed with them compared to rimless conical screen. I've ordered some of the rimmed screens to see how those go. The main reason I was interested in using the capsules was ease of loading and unloading bowls and being able to store a bunch in a caddy. If I really like the rimmed screens I would love to figure out a way to load a bunch and store them in some sort of caddy with a boveda pack or something to help them keep. Has anyone finagled something like that?

Also, the titanium stem and cooling unit don't seem to work together. The cooling unit is way narrow compared to the titanium stem and just falls through when I try to put it in. I tried changing the o-rings to the spares that came with it but that didn't help.

Anyway thanks and looking forward to spending some time here!

Last edited:

Varden

ECig stores used to offer disposable silicone sleeves so customers could try different devices. They are too small for a stock glass TM stem.
The silicone heat sleeve from the Grasshopper vape, fits the TM stem if you can find that type.
Your friends would use the one you lend them, and later you could sanitize them.
If it’s just a few close friends, you could just clean the stem with 190 proof ethanol (does not leave foul taste like ISO), between sessions, for them, and use your backup stem, just for your sessions.

Yeah, this is exactly what I had in mind, this would be perfect. Shame I do not seem to find it available anywhere, because this is exactly it.

Edit: A 16mm diameter plastic mouthpiece is surprisingly difficult to find.

Last edited:
Top Bottom