TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I tried a 30Q in my orignal Tinymight a few years ago without issue. I do remember at least one member here that had issues with his 30Q cutting out as the cell voltage dropped, but maybe it was a weaker cell?
There were no differences in heat up time (same with the VTC6) compared to the Molicel.
My 26A's stay stronger as they drop I'm voltage, but that's more noticeable in my unregulated mods.

Yeah using 30Q in a single battery device is not so good, because it only has the 15 amps, really you want minimum 20, I think it is underrated and it is actually around 18 so it is okay like others that are not actually 15, but it is not as good as molicel with over 20 amps... 30Q work better in pairs so you get more amps that way, they can be a little wonky using a single battery but if it works fine for the user then that's all that really matters, but I only use molicel for TM now

MoltenTiger

Nyogel, huh? I recently cleaned my TM thoroughly but did not use Blu-Tac on the battery cap threads as I always I’ve always done. It’s almost like there’s sand in there now, it’s hard the screw the battery lid on - and it was always very smooth until recently for almost 3.5 years too.

I will try Blu-Tac in the morning. Just used my TM after coming home from a few days with family too. It’s such an important and excellent vape not to get those threads silky smooth again 🤞:peace:
Nyogel is probably a good idea for the threads, they do want a bit of attention from time to time. Blue tack works well to clean up the Al threads. TM3 should have brass.

And maybe better isolation / thermal decoupling between heat source and FR4 (circuit board material)

what-are-these-marks-v0-u8d574i7s59b1.jpg

Looking at the photos above. Maybe it shorted, maybe it got cooked due to close proximity to the heater. Maybe both. The area that burnt doesn't have much copper mass to act as a heat sink making the FR4 more vulnerable to overheating. Hard to say exactly what happened without seeing a sharper image and/or other side of this PCBA. The heat pattern does look to follow the traces dealing with the power regulation, which are more likely to reach the 400+ local °C needed to cause that level of thermal damage.

I noticed when searching for TM PCBs, the OG TM has silk screening near the +ve gold screw point for the heater saying "Don't screw with the screw! High risk of damage"

This could be related to the peg holes added to the TM2 design to retain the heater module when torquing the screw. Without those over torquing would rotate the module.
With the pegs, over torquing would better sandwich the heater and board increasing the thermal coupling.
It's possible some of the components got too hot and failed. Does it work on every dial setting?

Nothing about that damage is ideal, however if you didn't taste anything that is a good indication that the vapour path is at least well isolated from the electronics, and you are probably fine.
This is warranty claim worthy. It might be electrically okay/functional, but hard to know for how long.
It is at least worth letting their engineers investigate for further improvements.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Fuck am I shitty on my TM2...

I've taken it all sorts of places, shows and rafting trips, but fuck if I don't screw it up around the house.

First time I had to send in was after a 4+ foot fall from one of my workbenches to carpet. Today I knocked it off a tailgate while unloading, breaking a stem and something internal. Gonna have to send it again.

It is so fucking worth it, but damn have I had bad luck.

It should be noted, I am not at all upset at durability I am upset with my handling. TM2 delivers top quality vapor and I don't expect it to survive being used like a basketball.

TheDankness

Extremely Moist
Fuck am I shitty on my TM2...

I've taken it all sorts of places, shows and rafting trips, but fuck if I don't screw it up around the house.

First time I had to send in was after a 4+ foot fall from one of my workbenches to carpet. Today I knocked it off a tailgate while unloading, breaking a stem and something internal. Gonna have to send it again.

It is so fucking worth it, but damn have I had bad luck.

It should be noted, I am not at all upset at durability I am upset with my handling. TM2 delivers top quality vapor and I don't expect it to survive being used like a basketball.

Thanks you for the reminder. The TMs don’t have a lot of cushion inside and probably won’t be good in a drop. Now I understand the little leather vests some people put theirs in, though I’m loathe to cover the nice wood. Nothing will help if you’ve got glass in it when you drop it.

those wraps are nice @Duba !

mlg

Www.tinymightvape.com

Anyone try out one of these yet? Haven’t seen much info but the website says it’s convection heat, on demand or session, with fast heat up and replaceable battery.
From what I've read, this is very well thought of and has been around a while. I am confused about how to compare quality/price among seemingly similar 100% convection vapes. I own a Healthy Rips Fury Edge. When I use the glass flow stem accessory,, I find the draw smoother and more tasteful than using the same flower in my Mighty. And cleaning the Mighty is becoming a real deterrent.
Most important to me is which convection vape will be the most gentle on my bronchial airways which show all the signs of having been neglected for years.

sickmanfraud

From what I've read, this is very well thought of and has been around a while. I am confused about how to compare quality/price among seemingly similar 100% convection vapes. I own a Healthy Rips Fury Edge. When I use the glass flow stem accessory,, I find the draw smoother and more tasteful than using the same flower in my Mighty. And cleaning the Mighty is becoming a real deterrent.
Most important to me is which convection vape will be the most gentle on my bronchial airways which show all the signs of having been neglected for years.

Welcome to FC @mlg

The Tinymight has been around for almost 4 years. There are many many reviews calling it the best portable vape available and probably thousands of users.

I bought my first Tinymight in November of 2019. I have enjoyed and used the TM almost exclusively since first receiving it. The Tinymight vape company has shown amazing customer service and has even made an upgrade plan whereby users of the original TM can upgrade to a TM2 for a relatively small price.

Buy yourself a Tinymight2 and you will not look back.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hi, welcome to FC.
I suppose you see, you have replied to a 3 yr old post, the first one in this now very long thread.

The portable vape world is confusing! I've used a bunch of them, though not the TM. But, yeah, people love this one, and it works great.
Your Mighty operates by conduction(and they claim some convection is there as well...)
The Edge calls itself convection, but the literature also refers to some conduction.
The glass and convection help the Edge taste a little better than Mighty.
The TM is a pure convection device, able to deliver top tier flavor, with on-demand hits. Made in Finland, of high quality materials, the price has to reflect that.

Let me mention here that discussing comparisons of vapes should be done in a different thread (ask a question in Ask FC maybe?), this thread is technically just for this product...

As an older guy with increasingly delicate air passages, I will be curious to hear some user reactions about the condition of vapor, harshness, for example, as well as heat.

vapviking,
Reactions: BigJr48

tashian

Exactly because of airways irritation (bronchites) I was "neglecting" the TM2 as on-demand (long direct to lung) but once I tried it on session (mouth to lung) on a J- hook filled with glass perls it became my main/favourite kit.

cosimo

Exactly because of airways irritation (bronchites) I was "neglecting" the TM2 as on-demand (long direct to lung) but once I tried it on session (mouth to lung) on a J- hook filled with glass perls it became my main/favourite kit.
what temp setting are you using?

cosimo,

mlg

So this happened today.
I have been wondering if a dosing capsule base or lid is manufactured as one piece or two. Is the perforated bottom (or top) a disk pressed into the second piece?
Today, pressing on the apparent ridge of one capsule bottom, the perforated disk moved about 1 mm into the cup. I pushed it back into correct position without problem.
I bet the top is similarly two pieces.SS dosing caps made for the Mighty and Mighty+ in Europe have the same push-up bottom, but not on the top. They are portrayed as allowing you to adjust the capsule for the amount of herb. Ed's TNT has them here.

mlg,

Wozz

I've had my TM2 for a few weeks now. Loving it 😍. Works fine with the stock stem, for me.
Looks mint, performance 👍
Thought I'd enhance my experience with a couple of accessories...

I picked up a spiked and pilled Glass Charlie stem. Cools nicely, allowed me to try higher temps. Used this 80% of the time, stock otherwise.

Today I received my sleeve from Azz, so that I could use the TM with the Revolve.😲😍💚
Wow! I could not get my hat on, totally exceeded my expectations. Really does live up to the hype which I thought must surely be exaggerated...

It isn't...

Amazing bit of kit, and the sleeve from Azz 💚
Proper happy 😁😍🙏

stuey

I've had my TM2 for a few weeks now. Loving it 😍. Works fine with the stock stem, for me.

I picked up a spiked and pilled Glass Charlie stem. Cools nicely, allowed me to try higher temps. Used this 80% of the time, stock otherwise.

Today I received my sleeve from Azz, so that I could use the TM with the Revolve.😲😍💚
Wow! I could not get my hat on, totally exceeded my expectations. Really does live up to the hype which I thought must surely be exaggerated...

It isn't...

Proper happy 😁😍🙏

Ive got one tool!!!

Thankfully I bought the direct airflow adapter too as the standard DRC airflow tube just cooled too much!!! The vapor was condensed before it got to the end of the revolve gen 2!

Definitely my favorite stem and really easy to clean too. Just pull the revolve out and put it in some ISO inside the test tube they supply with it. All of the seals are ISO safe so just leave it in there shake a few times and then rinse and dry it off!

I seriously cant recommend these stems enough!

What wood did you go for? I went for the English Walnut with the groove stem. Also picked up a matching TM multi tool!!!

Ned Bogan

It isn't...

Proper happy 😁😍🙏
I just got a TM2 and I know precious little about it. Sorry for the ignorant newbie questions, but I don't know what you're referring to. Is the sleeve from Azz one of those aftermarket TM2 leather sleeves or something else? Who or what is Azz? What is the Revolve?

stuey

I just got a TM2 and I know precious little about it. Sorry for the ignorant newbie questions, but I don't know what you're referring to. Is the sleeve from Azz one of those aftermarket TM2 leather sleeves or something else? Who or what is Azz? What is the Revolve?

One of these

paired with one of these

and Id recommend getting one of these

Ned Bogan

One of these

paired with one of these

and Id recommend getting one of these

Wow. Those are impressive-looking accessories. Thanks for the links.

Wozz

I also picked up both airflow tubes 😁👍

Hmm, 😂 which wood did I go for...
Initially I went with the walnut. It arrived... My pup looked at it, thought that it looked tasty, it's made of wood.. Eaten .. 😢😭😭
Didn't even get to see how it looked on my TM , never mind try it...

I picked up a Purpleheart 💜 this time.
Kept my pup well away from it 😁

stuey

I also picked up both airflow tubes 😁👍

Hmm, 😂 which wood did I go for...
Initially I went with the walnut. It arrived... My pup looked at it, thought that it looked tasty, it's made of wood.. Eaten .. 😢😭😭
Didn't even get to see how it looked on my TM , never mind try it...

I picked up a Purpleheart 💜 this time.
Kept my pup well away from it 😁

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that. Well alls good that ends well

stuey,
Top Bottom