TinyMight / TM 2

Nebelmann

Reading about a sore variant and the roasted walnut made me check out TM's website. I was under the impression you could choose from different woods and also remember those pics from the TM2 release. Hope they'll add some. The standard wood is already beautiful tho.

Nebelmann,

ezpz

Definitely agree. I bought quite a few different screens and TRWW and ones someone posted on here from ebay are very nice. The rimmed baskets are my favorite so far
I bought a pack of 10 or 20 (not sure now) rimless cup screens from eBay almost 3 years ago when getting my TM. Still using the same ones without problem. In the description, it says it expands once heated. Might be true or not, but I've never had a problem with my screens falling out after the first bowl. I don't stir either, so that helps with the screens staying put.

Edit: Link

Old Moderate

Are the v2 dosing capsules meant to stay inside the stem? Mine fit so loose that I would probably need turn the TM2 upside down to get them out. I guess it would be fine as they then sit right on the heater screen, but I worry that they might come apart when unloading. I haven’t used them. Just got the TM2 so no experience yet.

Old Moderate,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Are the v2 dosing capsules meant to stay inside the stem? Mine fit so loose that I would probably need turn the TM2 upside down to get them out. I guess it would be fine as they then sit right on the heater screen, but I worry that they might come apart when unloading. I haven’t used them. Just got the TM2 so no experience yet.
Glass has variances and that’s likely what you’re experiencing. My TM stock stems vary a bit both with the inside diameter and outside diameter, which is noticeable using the cooling units. Orings also vary too. I’ve never used capsules with my TM and it sounds like yours slipping is due to the glass variance. Hope you sort it out. :peace:

ezpz

Maybe try using a CU o-ring around the capsule. No clue if it'll work since I've never used caps.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
This was probably already discussed somewhere in the past 800+ pages of this thread, but the rogue WPA stem fits perfectly down inside of the metal tinymight stem.

20230223-154134.jpg

Old Moderate

Glass has variances and that’s likely what you’re experiencing. My TM stock stems vary a bit both with the inside diameter and outside diameter, which is noticeable using the cooling units. Orings also vary too. I’ve never used capsules with my TM and it sounds like yours slipping is due to the glass variance. Hope you sort it out. :peace:

Maybe try using a CU o-ring around the capsule. No clue if it'll work since I've never used caps.
Thanks! I’m not too excited about the capsules as I’ve just been playing with the rimmed basket screen and the cooling unit so far and they have been working great. Feels like the wrong option for a convection vape. But, would it be bad if it sat right down on the heater because it didn’t stay tight in the stem? My thought is no because the capsule appears wide enough to not press on the screen covering the heater but I really don’t know. Thanks again! Really nice community here. :)

This was probably already discussed somewhere in the past 800+ pages of this thread, but the rogue WPA stem fits perfectly down inside of the metal tinymight stem.

20230223-154134.jpg
I was thinking of trying this as I broke the 3:1 WPA that came with my TM2 before even trying it and I want to give it a go through water. I notice like you that it fits but wonder about the stress an odd place on the glass joint. Maybe I’ll give it a good carefully until my adaptors arrive in the mail.

cloudblower

I know y'all might be a touch biased towards the TM2, but I figured this is still the best place to get some advice.

Background: I've been vaping for a while. Here's my vape history:

magic flight: total classic, loved it, but hated dealing with the batteries.

silver surfer: The big bowl is great for parties, but COVID has made sharing a mouthpiece a touch taboo with my friend.

e-nano: my daily driver with dry stems (thanks Joda!!) and a bong for when I'm feeling frisky. It's so, so efficient (3-5 stems per day keeps me well medicated). It's the best home vape for my lifestyle. I can't say enough about it.

710coil and recycler: Only used when I need serious medication for my disability.

pax2: It's just ok. Too long to heat up and whispy hits,

ti dynavap: great high, but I feel like a crackhead with the lighter. I don't want an induction heater for my intended use, so it's relegated for rafting and backpacking,

Fury Edge: I thought this would be the one portable vape for me. It is in some ways. I love it for sipping while chilling at an Airbnb or at a friend's house, but it is truly a session vape. It doesn't really work well when I'm on the go, so I realized I needed something else.

Why I'm here: I want something more on demand for concerts, taking discrete hits when visiting/walking around cities and travel (flying in particular) in general. I use a smell proof bag for the Edge to keep the odor down and it works pretty damn well (but the Edge isn't the stinkiest of vapes with its silicone lid), so less stinky is always better.

Things I want: I want something that's easy to clean (I currently travel with a bottle of iso, some pipe cleaners and q-tips for the Edge). I want a vape that heats up fast and allows me to microdose two or three hits and be finished with a cap.

Does the tinymight 2 fit the bill? Is it tough enough to be thrown in a pack (in a lightly padded smell proof soft sided case)? Is there another small on demand vape I should consider?

Thanks for your help!!

Dolpaca

Hi all! Just bought myself a TM2.

I can't put into words the amount of regret I feel for not having bought this vape sooner. Such a game changer

I plan to use it strictly on OD mode. Any advice? Once it reaches temperature do I just keep holding the button down, let it go, or do I pulse it?

I also purchased Ed TNT's wooden stem. How should I set it up?

I know y'all might be a touch biased towards the TM2, but I figured this is still the best place to get some advice.

Background: I've been vaping for a while. Here's my vape history:

magic flight: total classic, loved it, but hated dealing with the batteries.

silver surfer: The big bowl is great for parties, but COVID has made sharing a mouthpiece a touch taboo with my friend.

e-nano: my daily driver with dry stems (thanks Joda!!) and a bong for when I'm feeling frisky. It's so, so efficient (3-5 stems per day keeps me well medicated). It's the best home vape for my lifestyle. I can't say enough about it.

710coil and recycler: Only used when I need serious medication for my disability.

pax2: It's just ok. Too long to heat up and whispy hits,

ti dynavap: great high, but I feel like a crackhead with the lighter. I don't want an induction heater for my intended use, so it's relegated for rafting and backpacking,

Fury Edge: I thought this would be the one portable vape for me. It is in some ways. I love it for sipping while chilling at an Airbnb or at a friend's house, but it is truly a session vape. It doesn't really work well when I'm on the go, so I realized I needed something else.

Why I'm here: I want something more on demand for concerts, taking discrete hits when visiting/walking around cities and travel (flying in particular) in general. I use a smell proof bag for the Edge to keep the odor down and it works pretty damn well (but the Edge isn't the stinkiest of vapes with its silicone lid), so less stinky is always better.

Things I want: I want something that's easy to clean (I currently travel with a bottle of iso, some pipe cleaners and q-tips for the Edge). I want a vape that heats up fast and allows me to microdose two or three hits and be finished with a cap.

Does the tinymight 2 fit the bill? Is it tough enough to be thrown in a pack (in a lightly padded smell proof soft sided case)? Is there another small on demand vape I should consider?

Thanks for your help!!
I've used a pax 3, many dynavaps, and the mighty+. I recently got a TM2 and I love it! I can't speak for it's durability as I haven't had mine too long. However, this thing can definitely get you really high, really fast. Faster than even a dynavap. It reaches the desired temp incredibly quickly and I can kill a bowl in about ~4 hits on the 6th heating setting. Been using mine on OD mode and that's how I plan to keep using it. Perfect for having a quick bowl or a few hits

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Once it reaches temperature do I just keep holding the button down, let it go

In On Demand Mode, set temp dial, hold button in, WAIT for the device VIBRATION (that means temp reached), continue to HOLD button IN, while inhaling entire time, let go of button near very end of inhale draw, to clear residual vapor. Once mediated….
….. READ MANUAL….. :)

SquirrelMaster

Thanks for your help!!
Either Tinymight is very easy to clean, as you only need to clean the stem. I soak my stems in ISO for deep cleaning. With the stock stem I would pull the o-rings off but I prefer aftermarket stems personally.

They heat up quickly, 7ish seconds iirc for the first hit. Time varies slightly with your chosen temperature. Low temp, high temp, the Tinymight will blast you with tasty convection vapor. I prefer lows temps, 4ish to start, working my way up with each hit. 3-4 hits per bowl with my technique. Less if you're going higher in temperature.

The titanium stem is durable obviously, but to be honest I haven't used mine in my launch day TM2. Wood is another option, I recommend Ed's TNT if you're going that route. I go glass 99% of the time with just a screen for metal in the vapor path. There are quite a few different stem options out there. I have stock long and short stems with cooling units, stock stems filled with boro balls, a bunch of RBT stems (19mm), Grav Upline tasters, GoodVibesBoro octopus stems with balls, Phineas808 vigreux stem and vigreux 19mm WPA, Ed's TNT cocobolo stem and cocobolo WPA, and an Airis mini bubbler. My Phineas808's are currently the favorites, GVB just behind.

Besides a quick affair with my Tetra P80 (which is so very close) the Tinymight, and now Tinymight2, have been my top overall portables since the February 2020. The flavor is sooooooo good (convection ftw) and they hit hard. Some might complain about having to give the bowl a stir (built in stem in TM2) if you start higher in temp using a glass stem, and want an even roast. This is less so with the TM2. The ring as some would say. Starting lower and/or using metal/wood negates that.

If I had only 1 portable it would be the Tinymight2. Life is short and I have VAS though, so......

cloudblower

@SquirrelMaster @Dolpaca

Thanks for the quick replies. The fact it heats up so quickly is a real draw for me. I didn't realize there are so many beautiful custom stems available for it too. It definitely has the lust factor.

I assume the screen/basket needs to be soaked as well when cleaning.

Capsules are super easy for when on the go, but seem pretty much unloved in this thread. How practical is it loading it on the go without them?

cloudblower,

rageweary

@SquirrelMaster @Dolpaca

Thanks for the quick replies. The fact it heats up so quickly is a real draw for me. I didn't realize there are so many beautiful custom stems available for it too. It definitely has the lust factor.

Capsules are super easy for when on the go, but seem pretty much unloved in this thread. How practical is it loading it on the go without them?
I find loading and uploading on the go pretty easy. I bring some ground flower in my space case or jyarz classic, fill the stem using straw method, load up and enjoy. When finished I blow out the spent bowl and load again.

ezpz

I find loading and uploading on the go pretty easy. I bring some ground flower in my space case or jyarz classic, fill the stem using straw method, load up and enjoy. When finished I blow out the spent bowl and load again.
This is the reason I've never used caps. It's so easy to unload/reload a TM that it negates the advantages of using caps.

In something like the Mighty, where you need to scoop herb into an oven, then brush it out of the oven, then caps are easier to use and keeps the oven clean. Since TM is stem based, the oven barely gets dirty, and using the straw method of reloading is easier than dealing with a hot cap, as well as not needing to store used caps. Just my :2c:

2minTurkish

@2minTurkish Make sure that main screw is very tight. Tinymight did not have a torque specification when I had asked (a long time ago) but said to really tighten it down. It sounds like you've done everything already though.
@SquirrelMaster 🔥🔥🔥 I can't believe what difference a couple of short, not even quarter, turns make. TM is as good as new now. Thank you!

cloudblower

I use the straw method with the e-nano, so it makes sense to do the same with the tm2 since it also has a stem. Do small bits fall onto the oven? Do you folks travel around with it already packed or do you keep the stem out of the oven for travel?

SquirrelMaster

@SquirrelMaster @Dolpaca

Yes, you would want to soak the screen as well, at least once it's been used for a while. You could always swap screens to extend the time between stem cleanings if needed. I give my stems a blow and quick brush (S&B brush) after every bowl. If I'm on the go then I just blow the AVB out.

I've never tried the capsules personally. A doob tube or mini grinder full of ground flower is easy enough for me.

I flew to Ontario in December and I had my TM2 in the supplied draw string bag (in my carry on) and then a small Mason jar which held my stem, mini grinder, brush and flower (in my checked bag). When I wasn't at the hotel I would straw suck to load the stem before heading out, put it in the device and then bag, and carry my mini grinder with some flower already ground up. It worked like a charm.

badbee

I plan to use it strictly on OD mode. Any advice? Once it reaches temperature do I just keep holding the button down, let it go, or do I pulse it?
I use mine on a small globe and the one thing I learned is that as soon as the globe clouds over get your finger off that button if you don't want to hurt yourself. :) It keeps producing for a couple of seconds after you kill the heat.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
So in comparison to your e-nano, how good is the tm2? My dream portable IS a tiny battery powered e-nano. Does the tm2 approach that dream?
I don't have an E-nano, but I like my TM better than most of my logs. They aren't really comparable, but the TM can do so many things the logs can and more. For example, temp stepping with my logs is not nearly as easy or satisfying.

Top Bottom