• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight / TM 2

alex91

I'll add to the chorus that the stock CU and stem are less flavorful and more prone to getting gunked up than other options, but credit where credit is due: the stock set-up does a pretty good job of cooling given the pretty short stem.

Personally, the mess of cleaning the stock CU and the frequency with which cleaning is required turned me off to the stock set-up. The GRAV Upline Taster can go months without cleaning (as long as the sight of reclaim isn't an issue) and once it needs cleaning, you just drop it in ISO or grain alcohol, screen and all. No need for handling or disassembling parts covered in sticky reclaim. No o-rings to lose or break. It's just easier and tastes better too.

How would you compare the GRAV Taster to the Ti stem? I’ve read the Ti works great without the CU also, only downside being a more muted taste.

alex91,
Reactions: BigJr48

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Anybody know which of the 2 basket screen presses from @Delta3DStudios fits the TM2 stems?

Yeah the ones below, I had posted a link to them before when I mentioned it, but this thread moves way too quick for any links to be useful for more than a day or less... I don't know if they fit the TM stems themselves, but they fit most of the aftermarket stems with the proper dimensions, I use them in backwards RBT stems as WPA

I don't know for a fact because my TM2 isn't here yet but I would assume it's the one made for the milaana/zion since those stems are much closer in size (or identical) than the vapes listed on the other press.

Ordered some domed screens for the tinymight from @VGOODIEZ after all this CU talk. I want this thing to be as close to the Milaana as possible and the milaana didn't have a CU.

Even with the CU, I would put the basket screen in front of it to fill, got much better extraction that way personally... Also if you are using a plain stem without any CU, it's pretty unbearable, not like the Milaana, this heater is much more of a beast with the regulation and airflow, you can use it similarly though I suppose and vapor can be more tolerable without cooling on the lowest possible settings (there are some people who use the CU in RBT vapes in fact others do benefit from it although I prefer the glass varieties)

Zipford

How would you compare the GRAV Taster to the Ti stem? I’ve read the Ti works great without the CU also, only downside being a more muted taste.
Sorry, I don't have the TM2 so can't compare the Ti stem. But the GRAV tastes better than the stock set-up.

Zipford,
Reactions: alex91

alex91

Last edited:

oneness

do you need any basket screen for the Grav Upline Taster or how do you load your herbs with it? I could not see any glass screen in it.

oneness,
Reactions: fropones

badbee

do you need any basket screen for the Grav Upline Taster or how do you load your herbs with it? I could not see any glass screen in it.
You can use as is or with a rimmed or unrimmed basket. I find baskets give more even air flow (TM1) than having the herb right against the sides of the stem.

OrdinaryJoe

In the interest of not being required to buy specific screens preformed, would there be any reason I can't buy generic cheap screens and form them myself? Initially with my fingers, but I'm sure I could whip up a simple 2 part press and 3D print a rig to form the generic metal screens to perfectly fit whatever mouthpiece I end up with?

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
My situation is an average size bowl of flower is getting me more medicated than a average size dab hit. I've been using concentrates exclusively for a few years now. Well, I built me quite a tolerance over time, but when I sub in some flower the effects can be stronger because my body builds a different tolerance for different types of cannabis and/or vaping methods. Same goes for me with edibles too.

Right now I'm on such a TM2 kick that I'm lovin flower again. The whole experience between the new and awesome TM2 and the effects and flavor I'm getting from good organic bud has me shunning my dabs. Eventually the course will reverse as the tolerances change, but it's all a fun cycle. Still the TM2 is probably the best flower vape I've used overall. The massive clouds are ridiculously fun and the flavor I'm getting is incredible. That is hard to say after years of being a enano disciple, but back then I was also microdosing and didn't have access to the amount and quality of herb available today. The enano is still a great desktop.

For those looking at cooling stems, consider a wpa with the Oregon Glassblower J-hook. You get off the hook cooling without sacrificing flavor. As @Shit Snacks has mentioned previously, you don't even need the dimpled glass version but the sidecar models make it easier to one-hand. I went all 18mm to not chance losing cloud-busting effects. :nod:

On the topic of basket screens, someone had recommended these. I haven't tried them yet but they look to be SS and sturdy.

Cloud McLongFoot

On the topic of basket screens, someone had recommended these. I haven't tried them yet but they look to be SS and sturdy.
God I really wish these were available in Australia, but on the topic of screens I have recently discovered you can use the titanium stem and the bottom of the cooling unit as a bush mechanics style screen press. Only tried with roughly 20mm diameter screens but wanna try with 30mm to get a nice big basket for those big hits

HaroldHood

In the interest of not being required to buy specific screens preformed, would there be any reason I can't buy generic cheap screens and form them myself? Initially with my fingers, but I'm sure I could whip up a simple 2 part press and 3D print a rig to form the generic metal screens to perfectly fit whatever mouthpiece I end up with?
You can absolutely form your own screens.

Jday89

Your post above really belongs in the TM thread if not that ask FC thread linked btw totally off topic for the Tetra ;)

The original model was Tubo Evic then Tubo Dual, then Tetra heater evolved to be in the Dual, then Tetra P80 released and has seen some slight updates with each drop (the next upcoming one will feature replaceable heater screens) -- Wismec Sinuous P80 it's just the name of the mod the Tetra is connected to, that's why it is called Tetra P80 (Evic was the name of the mod connected to Tubo) and Tetra X is just the heater that can be connected to any mod with a cord. Does that make sense? I'd suggest reading these threads more

Tinymight is my overall favorite as a portable, dry with aftermarket cooling stems and hooks etc, but I use my TP80 more as a water vape at home, they are similar yet different, as you can see in the linked comparison thread above. Yeah so any of these on demand, pure convection, style portable vaporizers will fulfill your needs... (Rogue and 722 are session style devices with hybrid heaters that have a lot of conduction present basically cooking the herbs creating the vapor for you instead of you holding down a button inhaling the hot air through the herbs to create vapor like convection)

Yeah it's a great option, a bit more analog, which is good because you don't want to get stuck up on the digital screen and temp settings as they're going to be different than what you're used to anyway, you need to focus on the device in more of a vacuum to get to know it for you... Not going to be like anything else really. Either way you can always fix the glass, but it requires being sent to manufacture, unless you can possibly do things yourself, but they are pretty durable anyway, and glass stem as your chamber and vapor path means that is always easy to clean and replace...
Well I’m just standing by for it to arrive now. Anything I should know or get before it gets here…(spare)battery , stems, cleaning, loading, general upkeep for the TM2??

Jday89,

Zipford

Some here have suggested you can carefully load it and use no screen, but I use a screen. I just bought .625 inch flat screens and shaped them into rough baskets and gently slid them in. It can be a little tricky at first to get them to stay, and smaller screens would keep popping out, but it was pretty straightforward.

Yes, I just hand-formed rough baskets starting with flat screens. I haven't had to replace a screen yet, so I think having a special tool to form basket screens is probably overkill, because this isn't something you'll likely need to do very often.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Apparently La Central Vapeur didn't actually have the TM2 in stock I paid for. Yay. I don't understand how in 2022 companies still struggle to keep online inventory accurate and updated. Absolutely blows my mind. Sure wish my vapefiend order went through they'd probably already have it in the mail.

Last edited:

DaVapeGuy

Apparently La Central Vapeur didn't actually have the TM2 in stock I paid for. Yay. I don't understand how in 2022 companies still struggle to keep online inventory accurate and updated. Absolutely blows my mind. Sure wish my vapefiend order went through they'd probably already have it in the mail.

There's a TM ordering and shipping thread for these types of concerns :)

Notcoded419

e nuts and washers do rob a lot of goodness. Over a year ago a removed them from my CUs and have been doing without them - until recently when I got my first aftermarket stems from The Rogue Wax Works, which just require a basket screen.

Which one did you get? I got a dimpled tapered stem from TRWW and felt it ran way too hot to use without adding some balls/beads.

rsonally, the mess of cleaning the stock CU and the frequency with which cleaning is required turned me off to the stock set-up. The GRAV Upline Taster can go months without cleaning (as long as the sight of reclaim isn't an issue) and once it needs cleaning, you just drop it in ISO or grain alcohol, screen and all. No need for handling or disassembling parts covered in sticky reclaim. No o-rings to lose or break. It's just easier and tastes better too.

This is what's had me eyeing the grav upline. As a guy who always loved a good one-hitter/chillum in the first place, it seems like a low fuss option. I worry it would have the same problem as above though... Too hot without some cooling. Has that been an issue at all? I could just try and keep it as a pipe if I don't like it as a stem.

focalforlife

I ordered my TM2 on 11/16 and received it on 11/23. 7 days from payment to delivery, very awesome! I spent the last couple days at our hunting cabin with my dad and his buddy while I got myself familiar with my new vape. I absolutely love it. I used only the stock short glass MP with the cooling unit so far. I've received a GRAV upline taster and a 14mm WPA from TRWW that I will be playing with today and tomorrow, excited about that!

I'm sure I saw this somewhere in this thread but couldn't find it with a couple searches: Are we ever supposed to remove the stuff located inside the "chamber"? I see there's one more o-ring after I remove the "metal tube" from inside the chamber.

Did you ever find anything you liked as a travel case? I'm looking for something like that too.

My apologies for the double post, but I couldn't figure out how to add this to an already existing post....
I did something a little unconventional for a case. I used a case for a bluetooth speaker Hermit Shell Case from amazon for 16$.

IMG-7086.jpg

IMG-7087.jpg

IMG-7085.jpg

HaroldHood

This is what's had me eyeing the grav upline. As a guy who always loved a good one-hitter/chillum in the first place, it seems like a low fuss option. I worry it would have the same problem as above though... Too hot without some cooling. Has that been an issue at all? I could just try and keep it as a pipe if I don't like it as a stem.
Like Zipford, I too use the Upline for my native use stem. Some feel it does get too hot. I am generally a temp stepping flavor chaser and rarely take more than three hits in succession. The Upline never gets too hot for me.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Which one did you get? I got a dimpled tapered stem from TRWW and felt it ran way too hot to use without adding some balls/beads.
Plural - I bought two stems (I posted pics of them maybe 20 pages back). My favorite is the short dimpled stem with tapered mouthpiece. I love it so much it needs to be cleaned not even 3 weeks old. The other is longer with a couple of chill pills and different dimples, and a wider mouthpiece. I found this one a bit too open with the draw restriction but want to use it again as it does cool almost as well as the shorter one. With these there’s no using a cooling unit so I’m also using lower temps too so I don’t cause any throat irritation given I’m a huge native user. TRWW has nice stuff! :)

A Grav Upline taster isn’t out of the question for me should I ever get (ahem, oh Finnish Elves!) a RED TM2. I’ll relegate one TM for on-the-go use and a fun stem like the Grav is perfect for that (so is the short stock stem with a CU too).

I did something a little unconventional for a case.
That looks perfect and not so unconventional. I use a hard shell eye glass case with custom cut padding. I need to take a pic and post it. That’s a bit more unconventional but it works, and it’s been on planes too.
:peace:

BabyFacedFinster

What one person considers too hot may be the opposite for many others. The comfort someone gets from cooling equipment is just so subjective. Everyone is different. It should be noted that the humidity in hits can also be a factor, dry vs water vs ice vs steam from hot water. Restriction is a whole nother thing.

You can try someone's suggestion and maybe you fit in with the greater majority on a particular stem or cooling unit, but you won't know till you try it. I have a very senitive throat and I get a lot of irritation if I sense harshness. I am always fiddling with temp settings and buying way too many accessories trying to get that best effect with any given vape.

Your throat may feel just fine with the upline stem. Then again, you might prefer something with dimples, beads, pills, or bends. I think you get a better sense of what might work best for you the more you start buying different accessories. So why not try the upline stem first to test it out? It's only like $12. You ain't starting any cheaper than that in this hobby. :lol:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I think you get a better sense of what might work best for you the more you start buying different accessories. So why not try the upline stem first to test out? It's only like $12. You ain't starting any cheaper than that in this hobby. :lol:
As someone who doesn't like the Grav upline stem, I think better to get a WPA and a cheap j-hook. Or even better an interesting one.😃

BabyFacedFinster

As someone who doesn't like the Grav upline stem, I think better to get a WPA and a cheap j-hook. Or even better an interesting one.😃
That is actually where I've settled for now with my unit. I already mentioned it a few posts above, but love my OGB hook.

If you have a wpa (which are well worth it) then I bet a hubbley bubbley would work nice too.

kiddvudu2

This is what's had me eyeing the grav upline.
I'm a few weeks in of TM2 ownership now. I used the native short stem with CU for first 5 days of use with my TM2 and it was a treat contrasting against my usual daily driver. I was out of town and didn't have a choice to reach for the other, and therefore learned how to use it effectively. That said, when I got home, my Grav Upline Taster was waiting for me, and I've been using that now for the past few days. At first I wanted to go back to the native stem with CU, but if you can get past a little honey inside the stem, the Grav can go so much longer without needing to be cleaned. It cools the same as the native stem IMO, but I draw even and slow and prefer the dial closer to 5, but will go to 7 with this setup without coughing.

EDIT: I read the above posts after submitting this one, and I concur, it's all subjective. But I don't like hot, harsh, or dry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom