TinyMight / TM 2

tinymightlover

With my TM purchase an LG HG2 battery was included. This battery almost never works with my TM shutting down even at full charge, 4 vibrations. Occasionally it'd work for a bowl or 2 but not for the past year, mayve a hit if lucky. I rarely use it with the TM anymore.
This same issue will also occasionally occur with 2 other batteries that appear to normally work fine with my TM. Shutting down at 3-4 vibrations or not working as it should. The inconsistency in heating - same bud, same grind, same amount I have to increase the dial to 6+ to get a hit instead of 4.5 where it normally runs for my start(dry bud around 4, wet around 5). 5 nothing, 5.5 nothing, ~6 and it finally hits.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
With my TM purchase an LG HG2 battery was included. This battery almost never works with my TM shutting down even at full charge, 4 vibrations. Occasionally it'd work for a bowl or 2 but not for the past year, mayve a hit if lucky. I rarely use it with the TM anymore.
This same issue will also occasionally occur with 2 other batteries that appear to normally work fine with my TM. Shutting down at 3-4 vibrations or not working as it should. The inconsistency in heating - same bud, same grind, same amount I have to increase the dial to 6+ to get a hit instead of 4.5 where it normally runs for my start(dry bud around 4, wet around 5). 5 nothing, 5.5 nothing, ~6 and it finally hits.

What are the other two batteries? This sounds like the behavior of a cell that needs to be replaced with a brand new one (ideally Molicel here) they get wonky with the sag of regular use, even more so depending how well they were maintained since brand new

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

My OG TM came with a Sony VTC6, works fine, my friends new TM came with the currently best 18650, the Molicel P28a, so it seems you have a potentially bad TM. Can’t speak for your “issues” with TM’s customer support.
But I don’t agree with your statement: “I see somehow people have changed their mind on the customer support for TM.”
From my participation in this thread, and my own personal experience, I see the exact opposite.

Nice first post….. your chosen FC forum username “fucktinymight”, tells me all I need to know…

badbee

I would bet heavily that there is a problem in the electrical path of your vape. It's not the battery cell, cell's can be bad but they are virtually never inconsistent (at a particular voltage level and load). Something needs to be corrected at the battery connection or the strip that connects to the top plate. Many other poeple have had bad units replaced or repaired so I have to guess that there is something different about your case, or your communication, that led to you getting different service. You should try again, asking politely, for a replacement that works normally.

Zipford

I see somehow people have changed their mind on the customer support for TM. Not sure why that is but I'll share my experience.

Bought my TM about 18 months ago. It still works as shitty as it did when I received it. (Fully charged batteries sometimes wont work and it shuts down even at 4 vibrations. Sometimes I get hits sometimes it doesnt do shit, sometimes I have to turn it up to 6 to get the first vapor, sometimes its 4.5 on the same bowl. The lg battery they sent is faulty, but my TM also does it with other batteries that are good.).
I will say this, when it works well, it does just that...
Support is still as shitty as they were 3 years ago.
They sent me a shit unit and a shit battery but charged me for new ones. They responded once to my emails concerning the issues I was experiencing. I was told to purchase a new battery(which they claimed they would reimburse me for)and see if that fixed the issues. I purchased new batteries and had the same issues. They did not repond to my later emails nor did they reimburse me.
Additionally the glass they sell is shit quality and on par with cheap chinese glass. My recommendation is do not support these thieving pieces of shit at TM, they charge more for trash you can buy cheaper elsewhere and theyre bonafide liars.
Sorry that you're having so much trouble, it sounds like you should clean all of the usual suspects for the electrical connections.

Or, considering how upset you are, maybe send it back under warranty and let them try to make it right. It has a ten year warranty, and most people seem satisfied with their customer service. I agree it isn't a cheap device, and they should make it right for you. But I would give it a good cleaning before sending it back, that seems to fix many of the kinds of issues you are experiencing.

Good luck!

sickmanfraud

I agree with @Shit Snacks I think that you are using "tired" batteries. I had the same thing recently. TM turned on and was fine until I tried to engage the heater. That battery could not supply the necessary milliamps to power the heater.

Get your hands on a new Molicell and see if that does not solve, or at least improve your problem.

RustyOldNail

using "tired" batteries

Most accurate way to know is reading the IR = Internal Resistance. Voltage is not a reliable way to know, but under load, if it drops dramatically, that’s a clue. Decent chargers offer this (DC IR ONLY), though not terribly accurate, but if you clean both battery terminals and charger metal tabs, and try taking several readings, twisting the batteries in the slot, you can write down the reading. Doing this when they are NEW, you then have a baseline for that battery you marked #1, #2, etc.

Remember, these are DC IR readings, and unfortunately most major battery manufacturers, use an AC IR reading, that’s usually what you will see when you download the specification sheet for that model battery. This makes it hard to compare to the readings you get. There is no direct correlation between the DC & AC measurements. Battery reviewers like Mooch, sometimes list the DC IR results, which is helpful.

But regardless, if you read the DC IR and log that info when new, at a later date, if you suspect the battery is no longer performing well, and test again, you might see double the IR or more, and that should confirm your suspicion, time to recycle and replace. And yes, there are specific AC IR meters, but most on FC won’t be interested in spending $100.00 on a single use meter.

Duba

Accessory Maker
Hey TM users, what do you think of this "outdoor kit" for the TM2?
It consists of a leather jacket (to protect the device), a palisander wooden stem and a matching mouthpiece (to avoid glass breakage), and a pouch to store 2 batteries and a stem.

The first two are in leather and the third in faux leather and fabric.
the wood stems and Mp are made by WOODYVAPORS on instagram.

bardad

Greetings
I want to ask. I have FLMB and I like that I don't have to pull hard. It does not offer strong resistance like other vaporizers, such as Arizer's Argo. What about Tinymight? It pulls easily, can the air intake be adjusted? This quality is important to me. And can it be microdosed? thank you for your answers.db

bardad,

RustyOldNail

Greetings
I want to ask. I have FLMB and I like that I don't have to pull hard. It does not offer strong resistance like other vaporizers, such as Arizer's Argo. What about Tinymight? It pulls easily, can the air intake be adjusted? This quality is important to me. And can it be microdosed? thank you for your answers.db

Draw resistance can be somewhat SUBJECTIVE, so….
There is NO “air take” adjustment, like many “on demand” CONVECTION devices, your lung draw is a major CONROL point.
The next factor is the GRIND you use, in most cases CONVECTION devices work best with a MEDIUM grind, like my BCG grinder. This allows more AIRFLOW, than a fine grind, but fine still works well, perhaps giving some additional “draw resistance”, which can be desired at times.

A HUGE factor, is how tight/compressed you load the herb in the stem. Most CONVECTION devices call for a LIGHT TAMP, again, this is for the heat can rise easily enough through the herb load. I use the “STRAW SUCK” technique, placing the TM STEM, into my Jaryz “Chico” container, and suck the herb into the stem, then I lightly push my finger on top of the load, making sure it won’t drop out when the stem is pushed into the TM body, which you hold upside down, just for loading. When load is done, just BLOW OUT the ABV from the stem into a container or garbage, brush out stem, ready for next load. This brings up one more factor….

The moisture level your herb is at, also effects the draw a bit, and if herb is kept at 62% humidity, and is a somewhat sticky strain, the load in the stem, won’t drop down into the bottom TM screen. I don’t vape DRY herb.

As far as “micro-dosing”, you can adjust the bowl size by sliding the STOCK CU, up or down, to your preference.

Hope this helps you. There is PLENTY more information in this thread, take your time and scroll through as many older posts as you can, in your spare time. Just about any question you can think of, has been asked and answered many times. Good luck!

nickb

SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,
Just got my Nano XL and the SONG with adjustable screen fits in the TM2 SO now I have a dual purpose stem. BTW the TM2 can go from very civil to an absolute beast so no matter how you feel like vaping this thing rocks I am down to 3 vapes and the only portable is the TM2 and it seems pricy but it's a fantastic vape that's will out perform IMO any other portable and most desktops

Notcoded419

Some people just aren't much for DIY. Take me, get some rubies hearing they work well in the CU. Pop a few in there and connect, fire up. Wake the next day and they're stuck in the holes, blocking the draw because I didn't think to put one of the washers back in to hold them in place and they rolled right into there like a golf ball after a good putt.

I managed to get 2 out, then get the other 3 more stuck trying to pop them through.

It's definitely affected the draw resistance, but I don't mind that necessarily, especially since I have a TRWW stem that is very open and can't be used with the CU anyway. Anyone know if this is dangerous, like overheat the device dangerous? I'll live (or not) with the ruby shards I'm smoking after grinding them against metal.

Notcoded419,

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I managed to get 2 out, then get the other 3 more stuck trying to pop them through.

It's definitely affected the draw resistance,

Might be some reclaim too that makes them stuck even more?
Have you tried heating up the CU?
Put in hot/boiling water?
Or use some vegetable oil?

666Honeybadger,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I’m down to 3 vapes as well!

Now if only one of those were RED (TM2) :D

I’m still greatly enjoying my TRWW short dimpled and tapered stem. Is it sacrilegious to not go back to the stock short stem (with a CU)? I thought using a rimless basket screen would be problematic and wonky but it works! I haven’t yet tried my other new TRWW stem which is longer with a couple of chill pills in it and a wider mouthpiece. It may be too wide but I need to experiment a bit with that. Next on my TM to-do list: using the TM WPA for a change (I usually go dry as I’m a big native user). :peace:

Top Bottom