TinyMight / TM 2

GoldenBud

Just had my TM2 delivered! One question for anyone who already owns one or gotten an official confirmation - What's the notch inside the battery compartment for? Nothing like it on my OG TM. Only thing that pops to mind is possibly air circulation inside the battery chamber?
the TM has a hole under the battery's board, is it found also in TM2? about the picture you posted - i think it's for air, yea

Last edited:

RedZep

I think I would like to use this vape in my home rotation, as I really enjoy using it.

I'm worried about running costs however. Will it be expensive in electricity to keep charging these batteries which don't seem to last very long? Compared to using a volcano Hybrid or a Flowerpot for example.

RedZep,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Just had my TM2 delivered! One question for anyone who already owns one or gotten an official confirmation - What's the notch inside the battery compartment for? Nothing like it on my OG TM. Only thing that pops to mind is possibly air circulation inside the battery chamber?

Anyone know?

In case the battery goes bad. A VENT.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
In the last episode of As the Vapor Turns, DHL picked up Vaporific’s Tinymight this morning to send it back to the land of the elves for repair. Vaporific has been in mourning since he fried the board a week ago. The delivery person just wanted to know if the battery was inside, and it was not included at all. Very simple process.

In the next episode, Vaporific ponders and daydreams when the TM2 will be available in RED. A melancholy sadness without his favorite vape for a while and wanting another TM, a TM2, in his color of choice. To be continued on As the Vapor Turns…
:peace:

MedicinalMonkeyWrench

Anyone know?

That looks different to mine. I can't see the new beefier oring that sits on top of the glass. Have you tried it? Does it work?

Looks like the notch is for the heater power strap

MedicinalMonkeyWrench,
  • Wow
Reactions: Elfstone

noobvaperct

It finally came in and I am shocked at how tiny it is!

I have some dumb questions before I begin here. I want to start first by cleaning both the glass and Ti tube.

• Does the CU need to be removed and cleaned, ever?
  • Is it safe to throw the o-rings in iso, or will that deteriorate them?
It looks like as far as cleaning goes out of the box, the 2 tubes and that might be it? Anything else I'm missing?

EDIT: Also - I read that some people don't like using dosing capsules because it kind of adds a conduction element to a purely convection vape which is understandable. If I didn't want to use my dosing capsules, how gunked up does the bottom of the CU get? Also, what about the screen that separates the heater from the tube? Can herb fall through the screen into, and if so, what happens then? Doesn't sound like a good mix. Worried new owner here.

Last edited:

Shorner

I have some dumb questions before I begin here. I want to start first by cleaning both the glass and Ti tube.

It looks like as far as cleaning goes out of the box, the 2 tubes and that might be it? Anything else I'm missing?

EDIT: Also - I read that some people don't like using dosing capsules because it kind of adds a conduction element to a purely convection vape which is understandable. If I didn't want to use my dosing capsules, how gunked up does the bottom of the CU get? Also, what about the screen that separates the heater from the tube? Can herb fall through the screen into, and if so, what happens then? Doesn't sound like a good mix. Worried new owner here.
The Cooling unit needs cleaning frequently,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
It’s not called the Tinymight for nothing :)

CU should be removed occasionally for cleaning -> ISO. Lots of people also use a rimless dome screen below the CU to hold flower and keep things a bit cleaner there. I used to, lost a bunch and now don’t even bother - and just clean the stem and CU more frequently (in ISO). It helps to have a second set of stems & CUs too (I do). Orings can soak in ISO for a bit, not too long.
If I didn't want to use my dosing capsules, how gunked up does the bottom of the CU get? Also, what about the screen that separates the heater from the tube?
Don’t use fine ground flower, use medium grind to mitigate particles falling through the heater screen.

Congrats to all the new TM owners too! It’s getting crowded in here! :):peace:

EDIT: occasional brushing of parts while cooling down is something I frequently do. Just be careful not to push on the heater screen, though I’m still unsure how the TM2’s has changed over the OG (which I have).

TimeBomb0

It's been recommended that you take the o-rings off before soaking in iso. I'm curious if others have ignored that and found it to be unnecessary though.

I've been using the TM since it originally released and pretty quickly stopped using the cooling unit due to how often it needed cleaning, though it is effective. I use the extra long cooling stem and can handle heat up to 7-8 with only the small stainless steel screen. 30 second dip in iso, rinse and brush, and it's clean.

Tip: If you have a water flosser, e.g. a waterpik, I find a 30 second dip in iso followed by a power rinse with the water flosser does an excellent job cleaning all my stainless steel and glass screens.

badbee

I think I would like to use this vape in my home rotation, as I really enjoy using it.

I'm worried about running costs however. Will it be expensive in electricity to keep charging these batteries which don't seem to last very long? Compared to using a volcano Hybrid or a Flowerpot for example.
I always like a little math puzzle. The ave US price for eletricity is $15.75 / KWH. A 3000 mAh battery cell can be converted into having approx 11.1 WH of energy at the nominal 3.7 V. That means it costs approx $0.17 to charge a cell with a perfectly efficent charger, adjust that price up by 20% or so to allow for inefficiency. Call it 5 cents per load used.

Given that the Flowerpot is on all the time it probably uses far more energy, but it be will entirely dependent on usage pattern. It's hard to say about the Volcano, it might be the most efficient. When you are comparing this to a 5 cent charge per load, electrical efficiency doesn't really matter much.

Texus

It's been recommended that you take the o-rings off before soaking in iso. I'm curious if others have ignored that and found it to be unnecessary though.

I've been using the TM since it originally released and pretty quickly stopped using the cooling unit due to how often it needed cleaning, though it is effective. I use the extra long cooling stem and can handle heat up to 7-8 with only the small stainless steel screen. 30 second dip in iso, rinse and brush, and it's clean.

Tip: If you have a water flosser, e.g. a waterpik, I find a 30 second dip in iso followed by a power rinse with the water flosser does an excellent job cleaning all my stainless steel and glass screens.
IME how long you soak will be a factor in removing o-rings or not. Or if you like the conveneince of cleaning with o-rings on, get some backups since too much iso exposure can lead them to wear down (this is my understanding not direct experience, on the wearing down).

Shorner

For cleaning i have a little pot with iso in , i unscrew the cooling unit throw the pieces into the pot of iso (o rings too) give it a shake for 10 secs then let it stand for 10mins another 10 sec shake then remove the cooling unit from.iso and rinse the pieces in water , then i dry everything off and put it back together...job done.

Zipford

I'm not even sure if this is a serious question, but charging a 18650 battery a few times a week is not going to use a significant amount of electricity. Frankly, I doubt you'd notice the cost of charging these batteries a few times a day, unless you have an unusual electricity situation. I charge my batteries on the early side, and they take about 1500 mA. Probably what a cell phone takes.

The bottom of the CU gets gunked up and eventually affects the draw -- you'll likely need to clean it every few weeks (obviously depending on how often you vape). The o-rings should be able to tolerate ISO. I personally hate cleaning sticky vape gunk, which is one reason my original stem doesn't get used anymore in favor of the GRAV stems -- the GRAV stems essentially never need cleaning unless the sight of brown gunk bothers you. And when it does, just leave them in ISO or grain alcohol for a bit and you're done. Nothing but glass and a screen.

onesixty2

My TM2 arrived! It’s beautiful and impressive to the touch.

Quick question though.. anyone using the Ed’s TNT wood stem with the TM2 yet? This is my first TM, bought the stem and.. it really doesn’t seem like it fits into the TM2. Trying to push it in and I don’t feel safe applying more pressure, and it’s already made a pressure indent on the stem. Wondering if either I got a warped stem or if something in the specs changed from TM1-> TM2 for this to not fit anymore? It’s definitely too big for the TM2.

Stonedbadger

Well my first impressions are very positive indeed.

I received my TM2 today along with the 3d cooling stem from Vapefeind UK. Have to say it was super fast shipping and very professional service.

Out of the box, immediately struck by the high quality fit and finish. Much improved over the TM1 which I still own and love.

The TM2 is so smooth to the touch.

It is also a beast to use. I've tuned mine down comparedwiththeTM1. Previously I would run the TM1 at 7, now with the TM2 I'm around 4 and getting better hits.

Possibly due to the big improvement with seemingly a much bigger and more open airflow.

Just first impressions, but I am highly impressed. I was sceptical regarding the upgrades but they appear to be very successful.

Very nice!

badbee

I don't take the o-rings off any of my vapes, haven't had a problem so far. I don't do long soaks, just a couple of minutes while I'm cleaning something else and then it gets scrubbed and rinsed with water. Haven't noticed any loosening.

onesixty2

Have you tried loosening the stem holder?
Have not, was not aware that is adjustable, not sure how to get enough of a grip to rotate it to remove though. If that metal ring on top could be removed and the o ring taken out, that would probably let the tnt stem slide in though..

onesixty2,
Reactions: Elfstone

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Have not, was not aware that is adjustable, not sure how to get enough of a grip to rotate it to remove though. If that metal ring on top could be removed and the o ring taken out, that would probably let the tnt stem slide in though..
You shouldn't need to take the o-ring out, just loosen it - I'd say push down slightly and turn, it shouldn't be hard. It's designed to adjust the tightness of the stem - that o-ring is an important part of it.

Edit: unless your ed's stem is way off. . . I have a couple and they vary a bit, but all still fit in my original TM no problem.

Top Bottom