TinyMight / TM 2

sickmanfraud

I was thinking of doing the same thing. For the past few months I've been buying way more flower than concentrates. Sort of missed that more clear headed high from live rosin. But @Shit Snacks gave the idea to toy around with lower temps. I found it gave me the clearer high I was looking for when I have shit to

Care to share: Temperature? # on TM dial?

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: BigJr48

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Is using the short sock stem too harsh for strictly native users?
Everyone is different. I am old(er) and I smoked cigarettes for over 30 years, and the heat of the TM on a short stem is too much for me. I tend to use my TMs with glass, and usually with water. I have recently bought nippled j-hooks from Yingmin5 that make it possible to use my TMs comfortably without water and that has made it easier for me to take it out and about.
Many with younger or stronger lungs don't need this extra protection, but I wanted to point out that some of us do.
TM-w-Jhook.jpg

sickmanfraud

There were people who were looking for RBT stems to use with water pieces. I remember the name of Mountainglass.com from "back in the day" when we did not want to pay what RBT was charging for a Zion/Milanna stem.

I don't remember what we searched for to find the colored class. The clear was not thick enough to hold a basket screen (more than a few years ago) but I seem to remember the Blue, green, and orange stems were thick enough.

This is where many of us bought stems but they will probably need to be shortened.

This is a pretty good starting point: https://www.mountainglass.com/boro-glass-33-coe/ground-joints-etc/ground-joints?page=4

Last edited:

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
Yeah there is another threat about this too, I have saved a lot of browns, but I haven't bothered to cook with it in a very long time, the edibles from it were not that rewarding anyway, though I don't extract that deeply typically and there is plenty actives left?
Rather than make edibles with the AVB, I make tincture using Everclear. Edibles are a pain to make, and I find them to be not as predictable/consistent as the tincture (i.e. when will the edible kick in? for how long?)

Does this mean you hold your breath for 10 seconds? I would not bother with that. I saw a couple of studies of cannabis smoke that showed no impact from holding a hit. Obviously if your experience differs you should do as you please.
I only see one "study" referenced all the time, and I disregard it for 3 reasons:

1) I forget exactly how old it is, but isn't it at least a couple of decades?
2) Testing tech has almost certainly improved since that study was done.
3) The study was about smoking, not vaping (why assume results would be identical?)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Care to share: Temperature? # on TM dial?

Often, I am starting literally as low as possible, turn it on and then put the dial all the way down, I will turn the dial up after each hit, tiny bit by tiny bit, finishing below 6... Sometimes I might start at 2 or even closer to three, with larger steps up for fewer hits, depending what I'm going for at the time. The specific temperature settings are all relative, and kind of irrelevant really? Consistent and accurate with the dial however!

I haven't used stock stem with cooling unit since I got my first one back in December 2019 and quarantined in March 2020 so this is all with backwards RBT stems as WPA in hooks or other dry ass pieces (sometimes I will finish through water, or start higher, for fewer hits through water, typically just one at 5 or 6 in fact)

There were people who were looking for RBT stems to use with water pieces. I remember the name of Mountainglass.com from "back in the day" when we did not want to pay what RBT was charging for a Zion/Milanna stem.

I don't remember what we searched for to find the colored class. The clear was not thick enough to hold a stem (more than a few years ago) but I seem to remember the Blue, green, and orange stems were thick enough.

This is where many of us bought stems but they will probably need to be shortened.

This is a pretty good starting point: https://www.mountainglass.com/boro-glass-33-coe/ground-joints-etc/ground-joints?page=4

I don't know what you mean by the "clear was not thick enough to hold a stem"...?

But be advised, Even though these are supposed to all be 16 mm outer diameter, there is variation, many of the mountain glass stems will not fit... I have several, I have one black glass that was able to fit, others that were not, I think it is a bit safer to stick with the RBT China stock of stems for the Splinter if they can be found... You can try mountain glass of course, but since the stems have to be cut down, and there's no guarantee they will even fit, I don't know if it's worthwhile, though they are priced very reasonably!

Rather than make edibles with the AVB, I make tincture using Everclear. Edibles are a pain to make, and I find them to be not as predictable/consistent as the tincture (i.e. when will the edible kick in? for how long?)

I've never tried that, I don't drink alcohol, so I don't know if that's something I would want to do? I only have iso alcohol, I did get a MCT oil tincture from a CBD place a while ago but it never felt like it really did anything?

I only see one "study" referenced all the time, and I disregard it for 3 reasons:

1) I forget exactly how old it is, but isn't it at least a couple of decades?
2) Testing tech has almost certainly improved since that study was done.
3) The study was about smoking, not vaping (why assume results would be identical?)

Yeah there are not really studies for this with vaping, and I do think it can be helpful to hold in a bit more than smoking to absorb actives, however the key is a deep inhale. So the best thing to do, is to take an inhale of the head, and then follow it up with an inhale of fresh air, hold that for a few seconds and release, the extra fresh air helps to absorb even more vapor, but you don't want to just hold your breath for several seconds as that is not productive and could just lead to lightheadedness lol

recursive

weed and garbage, at least it is for me lol
Definitely, I never keep mine. I don’t particularly like the high from edibles and for whatever reason it always lasts 12 hours + for me. No idea why haha

@cybrguy awesome j-hook. I feel like the short stem gets wayyyyy too hot with multiple sessions in a row. It’s why I instantly just got a grav upline taster

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Got the Ditanium MP today and it's really awesome! Absolutely love the looks, matches the TM perfectly and also really enjoy the taper as opposed to the straight default tube.

Setting it up with o rings is a bit tricky, though; I tried some cooling unit o rings first and that did work reasonably well, definitely good enough for WPA usage I guess. However, using it natively revealed a tiny bit of wobblyness that irked me. @Skinku suggested 1.5 mm o rings with a 7 mm ID, unfortunately my hardware shop only offers much larger o rings or sets with dozens of various sizes that weren't even described on the packaging. But I was lucky and found a good size, now the MP sits perfectly without movement.

Which means I have to look into some glass set up. Noice. :-)

Shit Snacks

Here is the hook @Siebter & @recursive pretty hard to top for dry hits, I have zero interest in a grav upline stem personally, I don't think it would give me the cooling I desire and I do not like the looks of that bowl path personally...

Anyway Siebter, that is a great seller if you want to look at their other glass options, happy to share input on what would work well with the TM (and your vapcaps?) or just confirm if one you like would be a good choice...

I think this one would be a pretty great option though, available shipping from China on eBay, simple downward facing slitted inline perc will work well, and it has some ribbing and spikes above it for extra cooling or conditioning, could even work well dry potentially!

Screenshot-20220607-122140.png

It is closer to the large side being 12 inches tall, instead of the small side, but maybe more unique medium size for volume really... So there are a hell of a lot of options if you want something smaller!

Last edited:

Zipford

Two questions: Does the TM vibrate/make a noise while using? Is using the short sock stem too harsh for strictly native users?
It vibrates when you turn it on and off and also to let you know when it has reached your selected temperature. When the heater is on, it make a faint buzzing sound too.

I use it strictly native and the short stock stem is not too harsh as long as you have the cooling unit in (obviously this may vary based on what temp you're using, I tend to stay on 6). I tried it once without the cooling unit and that was too harsh. The stock configuration is fine native, but I prefer the GRAV Upline Taster -- it has no cooling unit so it is easier to clean and needs cleaning less often, and I think it tastes a little better too. It sticks out a bit more than the stock stem, but not so much that it is unwieldy.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I mean the one around the heater.
Maybe that spare part is the liner tube

:hmm: is It wrong to change It?
I find the heater can get broke with a 0.5m fall :shrug:
There is a glass around the heater and another one above the heater...
If you're talking about the one above...yes, it could be metal... SS or titanium
Wood in the heater is completely unfeasible. Metal also not because it is conductive and the coil has to be insulated
Above the heater is also difficult because the thickness is about 1mm maybe 1.5mm

I've had several worse falls and nothing broke...except the stems...maybe it's a matter of luck

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
@Siebter those hooks @Shit Snacks linked you are 18mm and I do not think there is a 14 option so you need a reducer to use it with your ditanium mp, similar spiky hooks from France are in 14 option shared here

kokolokokolokon

There is a glass around the heater and another one above the heater...
If you're talking about the one above...yes, it could be metal... SS or titanium
Wood in the heater is completely unfeasible. Metal also not because it is conductive and the coil has to be insulated
Above the heater is also difficult because the thickness is about 1mm maybe 1.5mm

I've had several worse falls and nothing broke...except the stems...maybe it's a matter of luck

I already made an SS liner, I'm talking about the heater tube.
And it's not that hard, i think it was 22mm OD 20mm ID 25mm long for the liner and the same for the coil tube but 36mm long

I guess it has to be isolated from the metal strip that goes up (because I see that there are parts of the same coil that touch and nothing happens).
Isn't it possible to anodize a steel tube to use without conductivity? Or use some material to insulate the metal strip from the tube. It will be luck.

I dropped it twice (not high) and the first time my liner and coil tube broke and the second time the coil tube (the liner was already SS)

Ralph

Hey guys,
I am interested in possibly buying a Tiny Might. Is the newer version the one I should go with or should I get a 2021, early 2022 model. I've read that there were a few changes, just wondering if they were positive or negative. I've been using my OG mighty since the day it was released and it still functions as new but I've been hearing how good the Tiny Might is so I have to give it a try. What are your thoughts?

Ralph,
Reactions: BigJr48

Shit Snacks

Hey guys,
I am interested in possibly buying a Tiny Might. Is the newer version the one I should go with or should I get a 2021, early 2022 model. I've read that there were a few changes, just wondering if they were positive or negative. I've been using my OG mighty since the day it was released and it still functions as new but I've been hearing how good the Tiny Might is so I have to give it a try. What are your thoughts?

They have not been substantial changes like that, just rolling improvements to the build process and quality of like the computer board, also I don't know how you could purposefully even attempt to acquire an older model brand new?? Just order one from the main site whenever you are ready (though it is nothing like mighty btw) :tup:

Ralph

They have not been substantial changes like that, just rolling improvements to the build process and quality of like the computer board, also I don't know how you could purposefully even attempt to acquire an older model brand new?? Just order one from the main site whenever you are ready (though it is nothing like mighty btw) :tup:

THere's one in the classifieds as we speak!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
THere's one in the classifieds as we speak!
I agree that there is no reason to try for a specific release. If you want all those stems and CUs you should pick up the deal in the classifieds. Definitely a bargain if you were going to order those. Might even be closer to home depending where you live. Although TM ships quickly to most places.

Top Bottom