TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Used my TM exclusively today for my birthday. It’s such an amazing vape! Love it! One of the reasons I got it 2+ years ago was the glass stems, and the stock ones (short and long) are thick and I’ve not had an issue with them (and a spare short one). I think they’re great and thick/sturdy. Sure they could break if dropped or mishandled but they’re thick and more than sufficient IMO. No doubt there are other options and I hadn’t had a vape yet at that time with a full time glass stem. I truly love glass and have a couple of Hoppers which cover the metal/titanium mouthpiece realm. I’ll likely keep using the short stock stem as my go-to - and perhaps soon try the 4mm glass boro balls in one of the CUs.

If I did it the easy way (with O-rings) I could make a cooling unit that just integrates with your existing stock glass (or aftermarket titanium) stem. No toes stepped on.

Rather than go with quartz or titanium, this would probably be made from ceramic for enhanced thermal properties, comparable to using sapphire beads, but with no extra moving parts. Estimated price would be ~$50-75.

Here's one rendition using a radial heatsink type design.
This looks pretty cool. I’d love a built in screen as long I could adequately soak the mouthpiece every so often. If ceramic what is the best way to soak and clean that? I use ISO and a tiny amount of PBW with hot water to clean various vape things.
:peace:

FelixVonTrapp

That looks pretty sweet. I like your idea of an integrated screen. Personally, I don’t use a metal screen or the cooling unit, so a stem designed itself to cool, along with built in screen, is my dream stem. Right now using the Grav Octotaster…few inches tall and integrated glass screen
Although, as the proud recipient of @andrew`124c41+ bubbler, I’ll tell you, even dry this thing is a monster cooling stem! Going to make sure I use it responsibly before putting water in it, but man, what a great attachment. TM really pumps out some tasty vapor

andrew`124c41+

Just an update on my stainless steel ball mod. It turns out that the 1/8 in balls cause total restriction when used in the second part of the CU, the one with the screen. The other one, because of the small screw, does not obstruct.

I got some 4 mm balls. But, I decided to use them another way. I could just dump them in behind a rimmed basket screen, but the RBS offers too little space for the dose of my high CBD ACDC strain.

So, I made the two CU identical by putting a screen on the second one.

I put the first one in leaving almost 1/2 before the screen. I then loaded the 4 mm balls 50 I think. Then I put the second CU in. To do so I just use the screw. I gave the balls a little play. So, now, I can remove the second screen with the screw, pour out the balls in a cup and rinse them with iso. The first one comes out just by pushing it out as usual.

I tried the 1/8 in balls this way and they work just as well with just a little bit of restriction which I actually like.

Of note... I am sure everyone knows what a heat sink is which is essentially what we are trying to do... However, what we are really NOT doing here is dissipating the heat.

I mean, the glass stem gets pretty hot, especially where the balls are which is the idea.

To get rid of the heat, one would need something that looks like a PC or other finned electronic heat sink.

I have a friend who makes aluminum and copper heat sinks for hand held lasers in that I build. They don't have as many fins as a PC sink has, but it gets the job done.

The present setup works I think sufficiently but I am wondering if it could be improved. How?

I would use a longer stem. I would have my friend make me a custom sink to fit the glass tube and use heat sink compound to allow for as much heat transfer as possible. In theory, both copper and aluminum would make better stems because they transfer heat better than glasses but we don't want either in our air path.

I don't know if Titanium would work better or worse than glass. Titanium is known to have a low coefficient with respect to heat transfer. Glass is thought of as an insulated. I have not yet found an actual number but it doesn't matter.

The question in my mind is whether to even bother lol. (I do like tinkering which is part of the motivation.)

It would look pretty funny. If my friend could cut me deeper and thinner fins than he does for the lasers, it might be worth a shot. I would probably make it about 2.5 to 3 in in diameter and about the same length. I have to try and do some calculations. If anybody here has an engineering background, you could help me out!

Aluminum is lighter than copper so I think the sink would not be too heavy.

I tried to think of a way to do this directly in the air path but the problem is I would not want either aluminum or copper there so that killed that idea.

What do you think. Is it worth trying out. By using my IR thermometer we could find out of it really makes a difference. There is a guy who does custom glass stuff... And a head shop not far from me so I could probably get the glass tube from him.

I hope this is ok. I will leave a link for one of my high powered lasers below. Not sure if you will be able to make out the heat sink...

No animals or plants were injured in this demonstration.
Laser Heat Sink

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Used my TM exclusively today for my birthday. It’s such an amazing vape! Love it! One of the reasons I got it 2+ years ago was the glass stems, and the stock ones (short and long) are thick and I’ve not had an issue with them (and a spare short one). I think they’re great and thick/sturdy. Sure they could break if dropped or mishandled but they’re thick and more than sufficient IMO. No doubt there are other options and I hadn’t had a vape yet at that time with a full time glass stem. I truly love glass and have a couple of Hoppers which cover the metal/titanium mouthpiece realm. I’ll likely keep using the short stock stem as my go-to - and perhaps soon try the 4mm glass boro balls in one of the CUs.

This looks pretty cool. I’d love a built in screen as long I could adequately soak the mouthpiece every so often. If ceramic what is the best way to soak and clean that? I use ISO and a tiny amount of PBW with hot water to clean various vape things.
:peace:

It depends on the composition and polish of the ceramic. Some of them clean up with just distilled water, but I usually use Simple Green Crystal or a baking soda + distilled water alkaline scrub to lift any baked on carbon. The baking soda paste will pull the chaz right off a crusty quartz banger!

Just an update on my stainless steel ball mod. It turns out that the 1/8 in balls cause total restriction when used in the second part of the CU, the one with the screen. The other one, because of the small screw, does not obstruct.

I got some 4 mm balls. But, I decided to use them another way. I could just dump them in behind a rimmed basket screen, but the RBS offers too little space for the dose of my high CBD ACDC strain.

So, I made the two CU identical by putting a screen on the second one.

I put the first one in leaving almost 1/2 before the screen. I then loaded the 4 mm balls 50 I think. Then I put the second CU in. To do so I just use the screw. I gave the balls a little play. So, now, I can remove the second screen with the screw, pour out the balls in a cup and rinse them with iso. The first one comes out just by pushing it out as usual.

I tried the 1/8 in balls this way and they work just as well with just a little bit of restriction which I actually like.

Of note... I am sure everyone knows what a heat sink is which is essentially what we are trying to do... However, what we are really NOT doing here is dissipating the heat.

I mean, the glass stem gets pretty hot, especially where the balls are which is the idea.

To get rid of the heat, one would need something that looks like a PC or other finned electronic heat sink.

I have a friend who makes aluminum and copper heat sinks for hand held lasers in that I build. They don't have as many fins as a PC sink has, but it gets the job done.

The present setup works I think sufficiently but I am wondering if it could be improved. How?

I would use a longer stem. I would have my friend make me a custom sink to fit the glass tube and use heat sink compound to allow for as much heat transfer as possible. In theory, both copper and aluminum would make better stems because they transfer heat better than glasses but we don't want either in our air path.

I don't know if Titanium would work better or worse than glass. Titanium is known to have a low coefficient with respect to heat transfer. Glass is thought of as an insulated. I have not yet found an actual number but it doesn't matter.

The question in my mind is whether to even bother lol. (I do like tinkering which is part of the motivation.)

It would look pretty funny. If my friend could cut me deeper and thinner fins than he does for the lasers, it might be worth a shot. I would probably make it about 2.5 to 3 in in diameter and about the same length. I have to try and do some calculations. If anybody here has an engineering background, you could help me out!

Aluminum is lighter than copper so I think the sink would not be too heavy.

I tried to think of a way to do this directly in the air path but the problem is I would not want either aluminum or copper there so that killed that idea.

What do you think. Is it worth trying out. By using my IR thermometer we could find out of it really makes a difference. There is a guy who does custom glass stuff... And a head shop not far from me so I could probably get the glass tube from him.

I hope this is ok. I will leave a link for one of my high powered lasers below. Not sure if you will be able to make out the heat sink...

No animals or plants were injured in this demonstration.
Laser Heat Sink

Did you not see the finned heatsink I posted in here just yesterday?

Either way it doesn’t seem like there’s much interest, most people seem pretty content with ball bearings or the stock cooling unit.

But using heat sink compound between a heat sink and the glass tube would
Make the tube extremely hot. A better way would be to “float” the heat sink with an O-ring fitment like the rendering I posted. Then the contact area between the heatsink and the sidewalls is minimized.

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
I pulled the trigger and finally ordered a TM, way too many enthusiasts here recommend it for me not to give it a shot. I also wanted a second option in case something were to happen to my Evo.

I plan on using it upside down, and the glass piece I will use with it has a 14mm female connection. I was going to purchase the adapter from tehir site, but was told it has a glass screen and wouldn't work well with herb that has gone through an adapter. Any recommendations as to a glass adapter that is readily available that will work for me?

andrew`124c41+

It depends on the composition and polish of the ceramic. Some of them clean up with just distilled water, but I usually use Simple Green Crystal or a baking soda + distilled water alkaline scrub to lift any baked on carbon. The baking soda paste will pull the chaz right off a crusty quartz banger!

Did you not see the finned heatsink I posted in here just yesterday?

Either way it doesn’t seem like there’s much interest, most people seem pretty content with ball bearings or the stock cooling unit.

But using heat sink compound between a heat sink and the glass tube would
Make the tube extremely hot. A better way would be to “float” the heat sink with an O-ring fitment like the rendering I posted. Then the contact area between the heatsink and the sidewalls is minimized.
No, I didn't see your heat sink. I just looked for it but couldn't find it. I didn't think people would really be interested but I thought I would share the idea. Besides, as I said, I just like to tinker.

As for the silicone heat sink compound, since aluminum is a better heat conductor, the heat should transfer to some degree from the balls, to glass to the aluminum sink. That is how the stuff works. I use it between copper laser diode modules and the aluminum sink. Copper is a better transferet of heat than aluminum but still, the heat transfers to the aluminum.

This project might just not be necessary though :-)

Anyway, I would like to see your heat sink.

andrew`124c41+,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I pulled the trigger and finally ordered a TM, way too many enthusiasts here recommend it for me not to give it a shot. I also wanted a second option in case something were to happen to my Evo.

I plan on using it upside down, and the glass piece I will use with it has a 14mm female connection. I was going to purchase the adapter from tehir site, but was told it has a glass screen and wouldn't work well with herb that has gone through an adapter. Any recommendations as to a glass adapter that is readily available that will work for me?

Some of us are using the Ditanium tip, which fits a 14mm female joint, and allows the use of the short and tall stock TM glass stems, with the CU. (The CU can be modified with cooling balls too).

More info and pictures here:

Available here:

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
Some of us are using the Ditanium tip, which fits a 14mm female joint, and allows the use of the short and tall stock TM glass stems, with the CU. (The CU can be modified with cooling balls too).

More info and pictures here:

Available here:

That actually looks pretty slick, so if I pick that one up I really wouldn't need a longer stem.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
That actually looks pretty slick, so if I pick that one up I really wouldn't need a longer stem.

I leave the Ditanium MP on my OG TM short glass stem all the time, just like in the photo, in the link I supplied above. If you scroll down from that message, there is more INFO. The only odd thing is finding Orings that work! I found two blue ones in a Mighty accessory bag I had. The Ditanium MP will NOT fit properly in the TM with the orings that come with it, as the MP was designed for something else. So be forewarned…..

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah man as long as you get the o-rings, ditanium mouthpiece (I have one that I have not tried yet, not sure if I have o-rings for it lol) though also Rogue Wax Works has acrylic 14 mm mouthpieces that come with o-rings (not sure he has any available right now, but you can message him here or on Instagram or on Reddit to ask for one) and he is also making spiked cooling stems that double as WPA (I think they are 14 mm though I'm not sure they might be 18 mm he can probably offer a plain 14 mm WPA if you ask perhaps)

Also was that a typo above? Did you mean herb that went through a grinder? Like I said, if you grind not too fine, it will be okay, but with a honeycomb screen it's always going to get some debris through, but you can put a mesh basket screen in front of the honeycomb screen as well, so it definitely can work!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I love the light dispersion by the dimples in the dark <3
21-E249-AF9-BD4-B-4209-9-CA0-D3-F18-A878726.jpg

mephisto

Massive Thank you to Alan at toasty-top.com. I received the glass, walnut, and cherry custom 14mm stems that he crafted for my TM. I found a kickass heady bubbler (......Shitty and co.....) that I needed some stems to mate the TM with. Alan hooked me up, the wood stems are too gorgeous to use. I will send someone a walnut 14mm stem, just because, no charge. Thanks!

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Massive Thank you to Alan at toasty-top.com. I received the glass, walnut, and cherry custom 14mm stems that he crafted for my TM. I found a kickass heady bubbler (......Shitty and co.....) that I needed some stems to mate the TM with. Alan hooked me up, the wood stems are too gorgeous to use. I will send someone a walnut 14mm stem, just because, no charge. Thanks!
Would love to see photos of those stems!

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
The only odd thing is finding Orings that work! I found two blue ones in a Mighty accessory bag I had. The Ditanium MP will NOT fit properly in the TM with the orings that come with it, as the MP was designed for something else. So be forewarned…..

Great timing @RustyOldNail as I was just about to finally pull the trigger on that mouthpiece – so could someone elaborate on that, any idea which o ring size would be needed here?

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Perfect, I got a whole bunch of them – thx! Just ordered, will probably look a bit more into some kind of rig now that I'll have a 14mm connection.
enjoy browsing the cheap glass thread! but really a simple beaker bong with ice in the stem, tm set to 10 and prepare to blast off to the moon on a hit as smooth as silk.

recursive

That’s awesome! I have yet to try any vape through glass but I know the Tinymight hits extremely hard on it

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
I'm going to order a longer stem from Alan at toastytop, has anyone found the sweet spot as to length? He sells them from 2" to 5", I was thinking about 4" but wondering if the ergonomics of using it upside down my make that too long?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm going to order a longer stem from Alan at toastytop, has anyone found the sweet spot as to length? He sells them from 2" to 5", I was thinking about 4" but wondering if the ergonomics of using it upside down my make that too long?

Should clarify that you mean a 14 mm WPA tip 4 inch stem btw ;) I like mine short and low profile, but length can help with deep joints... Plus extra pathway, but form factor

Top Bottom