TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I'm no expert but I do believe there is a way to re-calibrate the temperature settings. I've not done it myself, but have seen it mentioned. Basically, there is a way to make your TM run hotter. I'm certain the instructions have been posted in this very thread. May be worth your time to check that out. I personally do use the TM as a one hitter. I believe if you tighten the screw on the dial plate, it can improve the temps. You can load large bowls, but I prefer to extract off one or two hits. I too noticed I got better performance out of it while loading smaller bowls.

I've read that some have removed the bolts from the cooling unit. Supposedly makes for a more free draw. Other than that or straight up removing the cooling unit- I wouldn't know what else to recommend as far as tampering with the CU. I'm thinking you could either re-calibrate or possibly tighten that screw on the faceplate with a torx screw driver. This is all advice that I've read in the couple months I've had my TM.
FIRSTLY apologies in advance to everyone as I recently lost the ability to quote in mobile Safari on my iPhone - and I’m not switching to another browser. It sucks & the last iOS upgrade did something (which I’ve posted in another FC thread without much luck). Calibration steps have been posted herein several times - please search for it. I’ve never tried nor had a critical need though I’ve contemplated it but was able to fix things on my own, mostly with the oring atop the glass cylinder. This is one area not mentioned above related to draw issues which should be looked at too. Make sure it’s properly seated - and don’t have two of them there like I did at one point and, for the life of me, don’t know how that even happened. Strange!

Torx 15 works for the main screw, and 20 will work in a pinch but 15 is the optimal size. Indeed a small shim under the top plate for the contact there works too (think small folded aluminum foil). Cheers - and back to work! :peace:

getsoutalive

Thanks you all for your advice! Much love and appreciated.

Okay so after taking all of you advice yesterday I think I've started to get the hang of it, but when I control the temperature charts that are in this thread it feels like my TM does not reach those temperatures. Feels like the temperature is 10-20 degrees Celsius under what the different temperature charts tell me online. Why could this be? I start at 6 or 7 and need to step up to 9-10 to finish the bowl and everything is still not completely cooked.

Noticed I was loading bowls way too big, as a result of this moved cooling unit closer to the heater and now I seem to get almost everything out of the load but the abv is not completely cooked and started to get charred in the bottom even though I've been pulling on the same load for an hour. I was being way too optimistic on how much to load it, now that I've started to use it as a one high hitter it works better. Is this how ya'll use it? Will post some pics or a video tomorrow. Noticed I ordred it 2020/06 so it's been laying for almost two years now. Should have tried it out more and not have given up on it so soon I l believe. But still believe there is something wonky with the airflow and possibly the heater. Is there anything else than cleaning the cooling unit that I could control? What are the possible pitfalls in the TMs design that could restrict airflow and the heater not heating correctly? Im very techsavy so don't really feel afraid to dessasemble the unit and put it back together tbh.

This is almost certainly the issue. I have read load no more than the stem is wide and "pack" loosely.

Keep the CU and your screens clean and find the temp that works for you.

Try pulling with no herb loaded at all. Should be nearly zero restriction.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I almost felt sad reading the problems RAG has had with his TM. After 2 1/2 years with my own TM it is still my favorite vape. I've experimented with various stems, water, and other accessories but mainly still use it as it came from the manufacturer. My original batteries are still performing well and I can get great vapor on the first draw when set to level 5 ( mayber lower but I don't try ). The draw resistance has always been almost not existent. I hope RAG finds a solution or technique to let him enjoy this fantastic vape as much as the rest of us do.

x003

Well he has been ignoring my emails of my concerns for a week straight now and I am getting a bit frustrated and considering other options now.

x003,

RAG

Well he has been ignoring my emails of my concerns for a week straight now and I am getting a bit frustrated and considering other options now.He
He has always been slow to answer emails, even 2 years ago when I ordern mine and had som questions before ordering it took almost a month to get a reply, dunno if he has gotten better at replying but that was the status 2 years ago.

RAG,

x003

He has always been slow to answer emails, even 2 years ago when I ordern mine and had som questions before ordering it took almost a month to get a reply, dunno if he has gotten better at replying but that was the status 2 years ago.
I heard he greatly improved his customer service which is why I decided to take the risk and get one but a week straight of no response is a bit much when I just dropped 300 dollars on his device.

x003,

beluga808

Well he has been ignoring my emails of my concerns for a week straight now and I am getting a bit frustrated and considering other options now.
Just give him some time, I'm pretty sure he will answer and take care of your issues... What other options are you considering now?

beluga808,

RAG

I've tried several different solutions with vaping through the TM the last couple of days, but getting inconsistent results even with micro doses. ABV not evenly heated and only partially vaped, still feel restriction when I vape from it and I've tried without the CU, without the washers in the cu and with other stems but still feels underpowered and restricted. I haven't opened the device yet, I've emailed TM and asked for a service manual as my warranty probably has run out or necessary steps to make sure the device is working as intended. I´ll get this sucker to work as intended!

I heard he greatly improved his customer service which is why I decided to take the risk and get one but a week straight of no response is a bit much when I just dropped 300 dollars on his device.
Just give him some time, I'm pretty sure he will answer and take care of your issues... What other options are you considering now?

Take belugas advice, he'll get back to you eventually at least that much I'm sure of.

Sneech

I've tried several different solutions with vaping through the TM the last couple of days, but getting inconsistent results even with micro doses. ABV not evenly heated and only partially vaped, still feel restriction when I vape from it and I've tried without the CU, without the washers in the cu and with other stems but still feels underpowered and restricted. I haven't opened the device yet, I've emailed TM and asked for a service manual as my warranty probably has run out or necessary steps to make sure the device is working as intended. I´ll get this sucker to work as intended!
If you take the CU out of the glass tube and just put the empty glass tube in the TM and breathe in it should feel like breathing air through a straw. Little to no restriction at all. If it doesn't feel like that something is definitely wrong with your TM and is blocking the air path.

I've been using my TM for about a month now and it is by far the most open air / free pulling vape I've used by a long shot!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Hi,
As Vaporific said, i make and sell them! (pm if interested)

I evolved the original concept by transforming the case into a "leather jacket" for TM! You dress it and undress it with 2 snaps.
The closed model with rivets requires a bit of handling and dexterity to put the TM in and out (because of its shape and metal edges).
With the snaps, it becomes very easy! :brow: :)

These are attractive and look well-made. Can you really press and also hold the button easily? It's already so puny and protrudes so little I'm surprised the leather doesn't get in the way with the little hole only cut just big enough to match

Sneech

Also curious if there will be a way for us to update firmware without having to send them back, now that he is working on a FW update.

Sneech,
Reactions: Marlox

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Wonderful. Can we update the TMs via USB? :D
Also curious if there will be a way for us to update firmware without having to send them back, now that he is working on a FW update.

No (potentially yes if you have a brand new one with the new board, but I would be shocked if that were the case) it is certainly not possible with the TM that most of us have... I don't even think you could send them in to be updated either, he would have to send you, you'd need to buy, a new one?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
@RAG
check my post from Sep 8, 2020
EDIT: The photo of the post is from my TM witch was ok. I can't find the picture of the TM with problems but... can you take a picture of yours for us to see?

Last edited:

Duba

Accessory Maker
These are attractive and look well-made. Can you really press and also hold the button easily? It's already so puny and protrudes so little I'm surprised the leather doesn't get in the way with the little hole only cut just big enough to match
As the button sticks out a bit, it's accessible yes. I can enlarge the hole a little on request.

OrsonWhales

Not necessarily, my original TM ran a little cooler than my newer one, and it still does, it hasn't lost any power, it still has a full range of power on the dial, both do... I never really bother cleaning anything either, just stems with basket screens on occasion, I did clean the contacts and threading in the original way back when with blue tac and I still have some so maybe I will again, I use the old TM earlier in the week and noticed it had a little more build up after it had been sitting without a battery in it and the battery lid off for so long maybe... Was a little tougher screwing the lid on properly (since this is my original TM that I dropped from the couch onto floor, and the only result was that I had to screw the battery lid all the way down now to make the connection) but worked fine!
I feel I’m losing power but I never did the temp boost yet. So you recommend that?

OrsonWhales,

Shit Snacks

I feel I’m losing power but I never did the temp boost yet. So you recommend that?

Um, No? I have never done that nor needed to do it, and if you are losing power then it is something wrong with your contacts or your airflow or your battery, you should not need the temp boost if it was fine before, because it is calibration related... Performance in either of my TM has never really changed so I have never needed to poke around inside.

OrsonWhales

Um, No? I have never done that nor needed to do it, and if you are losing power then it is something wrong with your contacts or your airflow or your battery, you should not need the temp boost if it was fine before, because it is calibration related... Performance in either of my TM has never really changed so I have never needed to poke around inside.
I rotate out a couple batteries. I thought that might be the case at first. Especially with an older battery I was using in a box mod previously. I tossed that a couple days ago. I’m using a grab upline taster so it’s not a air flow situation. I have an open draw. Leaning towards a contact problem. I pulled up the inner contact slightly, I’ll see how that rolls. I’ve been using an HI as a daily driver recently and only use the TM when I travel. I may have spoiled myself with the log.

Shit Snacks

Yeah that's a nice setup, I am playing with a new HI right now as well... But yeah it sounds like one of those type of problems, so I would troubleshoot that way, before you try to explore the calibration thing... Good luck getting it back up and running, because I really feel like the TM spoils me very much!

Top Bottom