TinyMight / TM 2

3xFantasyChamp

So I bought a TinyMight roughly a year ago but both me and the girlfriend found it harsh, hard to draw out of and we could barely produce any visible vapor. With my asthma it became a dreaded device basically, but maybe I was inhaling wrong? We tried if around 2-4 times but put it away an kept using our mighty and crafty. Now that my mighty has started to die and I started to research 510 herb atomizers vapes I came across a lot of writing about the TinyMight and technique to inhaling with it. Just tried it out and getting inconsistent results. Should you pull into the mouth first and then take a deep breath into the lungs or how do you use is to get the best vapor production from it? Packed a pod lightly and actually got a bit of vapor without coughing my lungs out lite the previous times.
Try pulling direct to lungs. Like, you basically want to be inhaling and pulling the vapor at the same time. I don't pull on the TM like I would if I were to smoke out of a water piece for example. Try it that way instead of drawing it in to your mouth first. That's been my experience at least.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
What's the deal with 18650 batteries with "NOT FOR E-CIG OR VAPE" stamped on them? The Samsung 30Q (one of the recommended batteries) has this warning. Is there a way of determining if an 18650 is suitable by reading the display on a charging device?
It is similar to the yellow sticker next to my sunroof control that says "Don't stick your head out of the sunroof"...
Try pulling direct to lungs. Like, you basically want to be inhaling and pulling the vapor at the same time. I don't pull on the TM like I would if I were to smoke out of a water piece for example. Try it that way instead of drawing it in to your mouth first. That's been my experience at least.
I only pull mouth to lung on vapes with a very tight draw like VapCaps with a blocked air hole. With the TM it is all direct to lung, tho I like it best through water.
I am a little surprised that you are OK with the vapor from a Mighty but not with a TM. Did you buy the TM direct or used? It sounds like something may be wrong with it.

Last edited:

kilo

I like to locate the basket or CU to provide about ¾" in the chamber and fill it loosely, maybe 2 pinches or small scoops. I've used all sorts of heat settings; that's your personal choice. I'll click it, hold it to my mouth, and when it vibrates, start my draw. I like to stop after a bit and exhale through my nose to see how the vapor production is going and once I know that it's started, I commence my real inhalation. I'll usually count slowly to 8, turn it off, but keep inhaling until 12, then pull the tube and finish the draw. I really recommend a j-hook or glass of some kind. This lets you use it upside down, and cools the vapor sufficiently. I used to cough quite frequently but I hardly ever cough anymore; some techniques you just have to pick up through experience.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
So I bought a TinyMight roughly a year ago but both me and the girlfriend found it harsh, hard to draw out of and we could barely produce any visible vapor. With my asthma it became a dreaded device basically, but maybe I was inhaling wrong? We tried if around 2-4 times but put it away an kept using our mighty and crafty. Now that my mighty has started to die and I started to research 510 herb atomizers vapes I came across a lot of writing about the TinyMight and technique to inhaling with it. Just tried it out and getting inconsistent results. Should you pull into the mouth first and then take a deep breath into the lungs or how do you use is to get the best vapor production from it? Packed a pod lightly and actually got a bit of vapor without coughing my lungs out lite the previous times.
Get rid of the dosing pod for a start, that's going to add some potential inconsistency. You can't try again when you've mastered without the capsule.

Don't pack tightly, use a medium grind and a very light tamp just enough to seat the load. Draw direct to lungs, go about as full as you can get in your lungs, but leave a little space for some air at the end to help prevent throat irritation. You don't need a long draw with the TM but it does help produce the biggest hits. You definitely need a different technique than the mighty and when you get it you won't touch the mighty often afterwards. Let us know how you get on 👍

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Is a pod necessary? I don’t use one and most herein who’ve tried them didn’t necessarily have great experience with them. Make sure your stem isn’t too loose or tight when inserting it (adjustable with the stem ring holder and the oring just below it). Don’t pack too tight and use medium (or coarse) grind. I use the stock short stem - always, for 2 years - and now a cooling unit without the nuts and washers. I never have to draw too hard to get vapor; I now start at temp 4 and step to 5 or 5.5 to finish a load. My loads are usually about as deep as the stem is wide and set back from the edge of the stem an eight or quarter of an inch. This has been my TM routine for so long. Definitely try one thing differently as a variable and keep everything else the same until you get the results you’re after. You’ll find your balance - good luck! :peace:

RAG

With all that I'm reading it just feels like all of you have a really easy time taking a pull on the TM. The one we got new from the manufacturer has always been really hard to take a hit out of, Once I start taking a draw with the necessesary force to actually get a a little bit of vapor my throat closes up because of the sheer force I'm forced to use to get vapor.. Sure there is supposed to be a bit harder to take a pull on a convection vape contra a session vape but to need to use this kind of force feels unnatural. Gonna try without the dosing cap and I've been packing the dosing cap lightly so that shouldn't be the issue

dallasxus

With all that I'm reading it just feels like all of you have a really easy time taking a pull on the TM. The one we got new from the manufacturer has always been really hard to take a hit out of, Once I start taking a draw with the necessesary force to actually get a a little bit of vapor my throat closes up because of the sheer force I'm forced to use to get vapor.. Sure there is supposed to be a bit harder to take a pull on a convection vape contra a session vape but to need to use this kind of force feels unnatural. Gonna try without the dosing cap and I've been packing the dosing cap lightly so that shouldn't be the issue
That's strange because I find it very easy to pull on the TM and loads of people find it easy too.

RAG

It is similar to the yellow sticker next to my sunroof control that says "Don't stick your head out of the sunroof"...

I only pull mouth to lung on vapes with a very tight draw like VapCaps with a blocked air hole. With the TM it is all direct to lung, tho I like it best through water.
I am a little surprised that you are OK with the vapor from a Mighty but not with a TM. Did you buy the TM direct or used? It sounds like something may be wrong with it.

Starting to think there might be something wrong with ours, but will try without dosing cap first.

The mighty has always been easy to take pulls from, but I take small pulls and pause in-between. Really a slow smoker on it for my asthma not to act up, but it has been the best for my throat and lungs so far of all the vapes I've had.

We bought it directly from the manufacturer and the others that received their unit at the same time as mine didn't report any issues. Should be a post from me in the TinyMight Shipping thread.

Will report back after I've given it a few days. Also considering opening it up to check if anythings blocking the pathways or so, maybe not aligned properly? remember reading something about that in the TinyMight thread.

That's strange because I find it very easy to pull on the TM and loads of people find it easy too.
Gonna open it up and recheck everything on it to see if there might be something blocking or misaligned.
No, this isn't correct mate, sorry. Conduction benefits from a tight pack... Less air to hear up. Convection benefits from a loose pack because we are relying on hot air flow. Try it with an empty stem, packed should feel almost the same.
I dunno if you misunderstood or I was unclear, but all convection vapes I've tried I've found to need a stronger pull from my lungs to get vapor compared to any session vape whereas I just need to basically take a breath without the need of any noticeable force from the lungs.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I suspect you are gonna have a different experience without the dosing cap. I can imagine that that might be what is interfering with your air flow. The TM has among the freest air flows of all my vapes, which are mostly convection. The TM has much freer air flow than a Splinter, for example, which has pretty free air flow.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Always worth using a new device EXACTLY as the instructions state, in its default mode. Learn it’s functionality. Strong points, weak points.
Then play with additional mods, accessories, etc.
I know TM sells the pods, as they were requested, I bought one, and then put it away. I’m not anti-pod, use them in my IQ2 and Mighty, and they work as intended.

Zipford

Like others have said, my TM draws really nice, not difficult at all. I find the GRAV Upline Taster stem draws even better than the stock stem, and you might tinker with the cooling unit of the stock stem first to see if the restriction is there. Much easier taking the CU apart as compared to the device, and that seems like a logical place to start anyway. Good luck!

Vaporific

Before you get too drastic, have you tried pulling on it with no herb (and no pod)?
Opening up the TM is not for the faint of heart or mechanically un-inclined, like Grassy says. Also make sure you know temp setting on the dial - someone posted a long ways back sharing it with someone and he thought the temp was one thing but it was actually the opposite of where it was pointed it at. I know a couple of folks have actually marked the end of the slot in the temp dial to denote the correct end (and also for them to better see which setting it’s on). I’ve never had this issue but have thought about taking a sharpie or felt tip, but nah! :peace:

condition

I have a bad upper respiratory and I can give 2 advices for TM

1. Don't use the default cooling unit as the vapor feels still harsh and hot. Aim for a water pipe or J-HOOK. (though I haven't tried the new titanium stems with beeds as cooling element1 instead of nuts).
With herbs like 🍓 haze the vapor feels overwhelming with the nuts as cooling unit. Same load feels more pleasant through water.

2. Discard the capsules as the require higher draw effort and warm the stem a lot.

As you are an asthma sufferer you should have had already water pipe. Vapor passing through (warm) water has a soothing effect in your lungs.

RAG

Thanks you all for your advice! Much love and appreciated.

Okay so after taking all of you advice yesterday I think I've started to get the hang of it, but when I control the temperature charts that are in this thread it feels like my TM does not reach those temperatures. Feels like the temperature is 10-20 degrees Celsius under what the different temperature charts tell me online. Why could this be? I start at 6 or 7 and need to step up to 9-10 to finish the bowl and everything is still not completely cooked.

Noticed I was loading bowls way too big, as a result of this moved cooling unit closer to the heater and now I seem to get almost everything out of the load but the abv is not completely cooked and started to get charred in the bottom even though I've been pulling on the same load for an hour. I was being way too optimistic on how much to load it, now that I've started to use it as a one high hitter it works better. Is this how ya'll use it? Will post some pics or a video tomorrow. Noticed I ordred it 2020/06 so it's been laying for almost two years now. Should have tried it out more and not have given up on it so soon I l believe. But still believe there is something wonky with the airflow and possibly the heater. Is there anything else than cleaning the cooling unit that I could control? What are the possible pitfalls in the TMs design that could restrict airflow and the heater not heating correctly? Im very techsavy so don't really feel afraid to dessasemble the unit and put it back together tbh.

RAG,

zatonic

Okay so after taking all of you advice yesterday I think I've started to get the hang of it, but when I control the temperature charts that are in this thread it feels like my TM does not reach those temperatures. Feels like the temperature is 10-20 degrees Celsius under what the different temperature charts tell me online. Why could this be? I start at 6 or 7 and need to step up to 9-10 to finish the bowl and everything is still not completely cooked.

Noticed I was loading bowls way too big, as a result of this moved cooling unit closer to the heater and now I seem to get almost everything out of the load but the abv is not completely cooked and started to get charred in the bottom even though I've been pulling on the same load for an hour. I was being way too optimistic on how much to load it, now that I've started to use it as a one high hitter it works better. Is this how ya'll use it? Will post some pics or a video tomorrow. Noticed I ordred it 2020/06 so it's been laying for almost two years now. Should have tried it out more and not have given up on it so soon I l believe. But still believe there is something wonky with the airflow and possibly the heater. Is there anything else than cleaning the cooling unit that I could control? What are the possible pitfalls in the TMs design that could restrict airflow and the heater not heating correctly? Im very techsavy so don't really feel afraid to dessasemble the unit and put it back together tbh.
You may just need a new battery. Sounds like it may have been sitting too long. Sitting long charged will lessen the life as well. Pick yourself up a Molicel P26A and see if that helps.

Vaporific

You may just need a new battery. Sounds like it may have been sitting too long. Sitting long charged will lessen the life as well. Pick yourself up a Molicel P26A and see if that helps.
I’ll add: clean all contact points too with light ISO or your favorite electronics cleaner like Deoxit :tup::peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: Cheebsy

RAG

I
use the batteries for other vapes and haven't noticed any degradation in the batteries, also use a charger that health check the batteries and I'm still at 100% on them. But you recommend the Molicel P26A? I've got the Sony Murata VTC6 18650 3000mAh 15A Battery that are only 15 ampere. Does the TM need higher amperage than 15A?

RAG,

Kaptan

I

use the batteries for other vapes and haven't noticed any degradation in the batteries, also use a charger that health check the batteries and I'm still at 100% on them. But you recommend the Molicel P26A? I've got the Sony Murata VTC6 18650 3000mAh 15A Battery that are only 15 ampere. Does the TM need higher amperage than 15A?
If it’s not the battery, perhaps the contact point where the metal strip contacts the top metal piece needs some adjustment or foil placed here. Then if that doesn’t change your heater output, find the calibration instructions in this thread to make an adjustment.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
@RAG The vtc6 is fine for the TM.

I'm concerned that you say the draw is so tight, did you try with an empty stem? The air intake is the holes around the stem holder at the top of the device, can you see any obstructions there?

As to your power you've probably got oxidised contacts, as @Vaporific stated clean the contacts with an ISO swab. This means the threads on the battery cover, the battery top and bottom, and the contract in the bottom of the battery compartment. If that doesn't help you'll need to remove the top cover. There is a metal strip that pushes against the top cover to complete the circuit, this sometimes needs shimming. If you still aren't happy you can try recalibrating it to a higher temp.

Good luck!

3xFantasyChamp

I'm no expert but I do believe there is a way to re-calibrate the temperature settings. I've not done it myself, but have seen it mentioned. Basically, there is a way to make your TM run hotter. I'm certain the instructions have been posted in this very thread. May be worth your time to check that out. I personally do use the TM as a one hitter. I believe if you tighten the screw on the dial plate, it can improve the temps. You can load large bowls, but I prefer to extract off one or two hits. I too noticed I got better performance out of it while loading smaller bowls.

I've read that some have removed the bolts from the cooling unit. Supposedly makes for a more free draw. Other than that or straight up removing the cooling unit- I wouldn't know what else to recommend as far as tampering with the CU. I'm thinking you could either re-calibrate or possibly tighten that screw on the faceplate with a torx screw driver. This is all advice that I've read in the couple months I've had my TM.

3xFantasyChamp,

zatonic

I

Not to work properly, but to work best, maybe? I bought mine a couple months ago and it included this battery so I assume the maker recommends them as well.

zatonic,
Top Bottom