TinyMight / TM 2

x003

My dial has never been like that. It's like turning a normal pots.
I sent him an email with some of the other issues I had too. Hoping for a replacement. I hope he doesn’t get too annoyed at me since I emailed him already about the missing part. 😅

x003,

Sweet-vapour-69420

I sent my Tinymight back from the UK in December 2020. The turnaround was about 18 days, they just sent a new unit.

DHL unpacked my Tinymight in front of me when I dropped it at the collection point. Checking for batteries apparently.
So glad you said that, I left the batteries in mine! I’d better go take them out.

What did they say when they inspected it? Did you tell them it was a vape?

Sweet-vapour-69420,

MedicinalMonkeyWrench

So glad you said that, I left the batteries in mine! I’d better go take them out.

What did they say when they inspected it? Did you tell them it was a vape?
They didn't ask and I didn't tell them. I don't know whether they knew what it was. I removed everything apart from the battery door.

I think we're lucky this vape doesn't retain much odour.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Two years ago today a most remarkable thing occurred. In my possession came a truly wonderful, beautiful, powerful, versatile, efficient, facilely, pocketable and enjoyable item produced by elves in a Finnish enclave - my fantastic Tinymight! Twenty four months ago you arrived in my hands (via @VapeKnight who thankfully, for me, forgot he ordered a second and offered it to me) and it’s been an amazing experience - EVERY SINGLE TIME. You never let me down. I won’t count the 2 rookie self-induced combustion episodes to taint your flawlessness. Nor would I the 2 times your purring haptic motor inexplicably stopped working, further lending more experience and confidence taking you gently and methodically apart to set your ticker straight again. And you responded again with that reassuring buzz. Sigh :)

As many other long-time TM owners will attest, the TM is simply amazing and with some minor care and maintenance will last a long time - and still work as well on day one. Cheers to Ville, this thread which I’ve read nearly every page, and many of you who’ve provided information and guidance in which I’ve learned much about this fantastic vape (and other vape-related info). The TM honeymoon continues! I may start of year 3 with some boro balls in my hollow cooling units and turning up the temps a bit. Perhaps let my hair down again like I did when I first got my TM. Oh the fun never ends! :D:peace:

andrew`124c41+

Was yours this bad? Here's a video you can hear the noise it makes when it moves too. It makes this noise if I shake the TM also. The power button is a bit loose as well but I guess it's more common? I can't seem to find if this temp dial is supposed to be this loose and shaky.

The other thing I'm worried about is my heating coil seems off center maybe?

I have not opened the unit up but I have seen the pics of what it looks like. I have done a bit of electronics works and solder but as I have gotten older working with small components is not as easy. I make these hand held Class IV burning lasers that use drivers that are only 1 cm x 1.7 cm with tiny potentiometers on them so fixing the TM should be a lot easier than what I have been doing.

The problem with loose components, especially with a variable pot, is that you are turning alltbs time and may put a strain on the soldering connections potentially breaking one or more of them off.

This is why often delicate circuitry may be potted in epoxy.

andrew`124c41+,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
New glass blunt from Grav can be used with the original glass stem: https://grav.com/products/4-grav-glass-blunt-w-silicone-grommet?variant=32816261464148

It works like with combustion, load and eject ABV as bake 20 people.

Oooh I like the look of this frit one below, might not be enough cooling for me though...

Also the Frit Chillum fits too. Thicker glass then the upline.

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
Interesting. My TM is set on 2 and I find that I don't need to go any higher.

I start at 3 on my new unit. I am happily spent by 6 (7 with the water pipe attached).

Comparing dial numbers between units has always been a fool's errand, as different units set to the same number can land very differently on the temp scale (which is why there's a procedure to adjust the temps on the dial).

I've seen so many people here talk about stepping up to 7 or 8, or even higher. I keep mine at 4, max. That gives me a good cook, just shy of "popcorn taste". If I go much past 5, combustion will occur. I can't even imagine turning mine up to 7 or 8.

So don't go by other peoples' dial settings, kids!

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
This post is mostly to address the TM on/off switch behavior and battery strength feedback on the recent new board TMs - or at least on mine.

I have my first TM which arrived in February 2022 and is one of the early units that has the new board and a serial number on the unit. I don't have an older unit to compare the behavior with so it's possible some of the behavior I find odd is normal. I've been using the TM for about 3 weeks now. Thanks to all who have posted their experiences and recommendations which really helped me decide to order the TM and accessories.

I agree that this is a great and very worthwhile vape built very solidly and really enjoyable to use. So far I am only using it with a percolator and hydratube combo that I have been using with my Cloud Evo for many years. I'm using the 18mm Connection adapter with a TM basket screen. Thank you Shit Snacks for previous forum recommendations to go that route. I am in agreement that the 18mm connection adapter with an added basket screen that TM sells is the way to go vs. the other connection adapter they sell with the built in glass "screen". I bought both and am not using the one that will fit multiple sized female parts. It worked fine but the 18mm with metal screen works better. If I were first time ordering again I'd get two of the 18mm Connection adapters and skip the other one.

The/my TM has a few behavioral quirks as described below. Please let me know if any of the quirks I described are normal expected operation. I'm also curious if others with the new units can replicate what I'm describing.

Turning the TM On
When I put in a fresh charged Molicel P26A. The LED comes on and the TM vibrates 4 times. The next time I press the button it vibrates once but doesn't turn on (LED doesn't light). Each time I press the button it does this - vibrates once. It will do this over and over until I press rapidly 3 times (for On Demansd mode) and I do mean rapidly. If I don't do it rapidly I am stuck in press/vibrate mode and the unit will not turn on. IOW, if I try to turn on the unit with a consistent but not urgent 3 presses (taking a little less than 3 seconds total for all 3 presses) I just get a vibration after each individual press and the TM will not turn on. I have to do the 3 presses very rapidly (taking less than 2 seconds total for all 3 presses) to turn it on. It's not a challenge for me to do the presses rapidly but I find the behavior weird. It made me question if I knew how to operate the TM when I first got it. The initial impression was that it had some sort of algorithm that would randomly determine if it would turn on or not. After using it for a while I have pretty much figured out the patterns.

Turning the TM Off
If I turn it on with 3 presses and don't do an On Demand press to take a hit I am consistently able to turn off the unit with 3 presses per the instructions. If I use the on demand feature at least once, which is the point of turning it on, then turning it off is unpredictable. Typically it will take 5 or 6 rapid presses to turn it off. Occasionally I have to do that twice.

If I turn it on in Session Mode it will consistently turn off with 3 presses.

At least with my unit the weird turn off behavior is only happening when it is in On Demand mode.

Battery Feedback
After inserting a freshly charged battery the TM will vibrate 4 times which I assume means the battery is fully charged. As an aside it would be helpful if the TM instructions specified if 4 vibrations is fully charged or if 1 is fully charged. After insertion I turn the unit on in On Demand mode (3 fast presses and release) it gives me 2 vibrations. This is immediately after putting the fresh charged battery in and I have not yet used the battery. If I'm understanding the instructions correctly and that each time you turn on the TM it gives you the battery status this implies the battery isn't fully charged. If I turn it on in Session mode (3 fast presses but don't release the last press) the unit vibrates 3 times implying a mostly charged battery. NOTE: All batteries are new Molicel P26. One received with the TM and 2 purchased 3 weeks ago from one of the recommended vendors in this forum. All battery recharging has been done with an external charger also recommended in this forum.

Regardless of the battery vibration feedback from the unit a fresh battery will give me numerous sessions. I haven't counted them but I'm thinking it's around 5 or 6 sessions with 5 or 6 hits each in the setting 4.5 - 6 range. I don't find the battery vibration feedback from the unit very accurate or helpful but I am getting the expected battery usage based on what I've read on the forum.

The behavior of vibrations and the LED when a battery is almost out of power is still confusing to me and I haven't discerned the pattern to know if it's acting "normal" or weird. If the TM is vibrating and flashing weird and won't stay on I know it's time to switch to a fresh battery.

I have sent this post to TinyMight to give feedback on the newer units from a new user's experience. I'll let you know if I hear anything of interest from them.

VapeArts,
Reactions: x003

fogbank

Turning the TM On
When I put in a fresh charged Molicel P26A. The LED comes on and the TM vibrates 4 times. The next time I press the button it vibrates once but doesn't turn on (LED doesn't light). Each time I press the button it does this - vibrates once. It will do this over and over until I press rapidly 3 times (for On Demansd mode) and I do mean rapidly. If I don't do it rapidly I am stuck in press/vibrate mode and the unit will not turn on. IOW, if I try to turn on the unit with a consistent but not urgent 3 presses (taking a little less than 3 seconds total for all 3 presses) I just get a vibration after each individual press and the TM will not turn on. I have to do the 3 presses very rapidly (taking less than 2 seconds total for all 3 presses) to turn it on. It's not a challenge for me to do the presses rapidly but I find the behavior weird. It made me question if I knew how to operate the TM when I first got it. The initial impression was that it had some sort of algorithm that would randomly determine if it would turn on or not. After using it for a while I have pretty much figured out the patterns.

Turning the TM Off
If I turn it on with 3 presses and don't do an On Demand press to take a hit I am consistently able to turn off the unit with 3 presses per the instructions. If I use the on demand feature at least once, which is the point of turning it on, then turning it off is unpredictable. Typically it will take 5 or 6 rapid presses to turn it off. Occasionally I have to do that twice.

If I turn it on in Session Mode it will consistently turn off with 3 presses.

At least with my unit the weird turn off behavior is only happening when it is in On Demand mode.
This is very similar to my experience with both of my TinyMights, which are OG models. When I insert a freshly charged battery it will vibrate 4 times. After that if I press the button once it will vibrate once. It will vibrate once for each press until I press the button 3 times to turn it on.

I always take at lease one on-demand draw. To turn it off I generally need to press the button 4 times rapidly.

fogbank,
Reactions: VapeArts

condition

@VapeArts the 3 clicks on/off system is not so difficult as you present it.
3 clicks even in one second with your index 👉 is easy.

Many vaporizers/e-cigs require 3 clicks within two seconds for on/off.

Last edited:
condition,
Reactions: VapeArts

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
@VapeArts the 3 clicks on/off system is not so difficult as you present it.
3 clicks even in one second with your index 👉 is easy.

Many vaporizers/e-cigs require 3 clicks within two seconds for on/off.
Not everyone has the same level of dexterity, but I have personally found it manageable. I can easily see that it might not be for some. I was actually hoping this might have been improved on the new circuit board. It was not...

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Two years ago today a most remarkable thing occurred....:D:peace:
My 2 year Tinymight-iversary is this Thursday as well. I don't think I've every been happier with a purchase.
walking dead love GIF

andrew`124c41+

I called 3M to see if I could find out the country of manufacturer and exact composition of their scouring pad which I thought might make a decent heat sink to simply stuff in behind just the screen part of the cooling unit.

So, no surprise, it is made in China! As for getting it's composition I thought they might have a safety data sheet or it's equivalent. But, I was told that they don't and that the composition is proprietory.

So, much for that idea! I wrote to the person who told me this and said, "scouring pad purportedly made of stainless steel manufactured in China of a proprietary nature? If this is weapons grade stainless, maybe I can get a hold of one of my DOD contacts for you!"

andrew`124c41+,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I called 3M to see if I could find out the country of manufacturer and exact composition of their scouring pad which I thought might make a decent heat sink to simply stuff in behind just the screen part of the cooling unit.

So, no surprise, it is made in China! As for getting it's composition I thought they might have a safety data sheet or it's equivalent. But, I was told that they don't and that the composition is proprietory.

So, much for that idea! I wrote to the person who told me this and said, "scouring pad purportedly made of stainless steel manufactured in China of a proprietary nature? If this is weapons grade stainless, maybe I can get a hold of one of my DOD contacts for you!"
Check the Lamart/P80 site for Amaze cooler, which my be similar to what you’re looking for. I don’t have one nor interested in one of these.

I’m tempted to purchase one of those fancy French TM leather cases. Oo la la! :) :peace:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
No offense but I think the idea of putting something like that in the vapor path is a little nuts. Maybe it's just me...

andrew`124c41+

No offense but I think the idea of putting something like that in the vapor path is a little nuts. Maybe it's just me...
You are right. The concept is not off though. Replace one of the cooling units with something similar say made of inert titanium. You can then simply clean it in iso.

I don't use the short tube with the cooling unit anyway...I have both a WPA which I use with glass and the funny looking long stem with bucket screen....but I would like to use the short stem in a pinch. For that one needs a screen and some sort of heat sink. Hence the idea to use the scouring pad. The concept for displacing heat should work. But the material is not meant for use in such a setting. If it was pure stainless or titanium, it might work.

Not exactly the kind of thing worth investing a lot of time with although I do like to experiment.

andrew`124c41+,
Reactions: cybrguy

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You are right. The concept is not off though. Replace one of the cooling units with something similar say made of inert titanium. You can then simply clean it in iso.
Yeah. I don't know but I don't think there is any steel (or any metal) wool that is sterile or even safe to put in the vapor path, even if there was a way to be sure that none of it could break off and come through the stem, which would be hard to be sure of. We are breathing this stuff into our lungs, after all, which are very sensitive to anything solid. Even not so solid.

checkyourlibido

Yeah. I don't know but I don't think there is any steel (or any metal) wool that is sterile or even safe to put in the vapor path, even if there was a way to be sure that none of it could break off and come through the stem, which would be hard to be sure of. We are breathing this stuff into our lungs, after all, which are very sensitive to anything solid. Even not so solid.
I've wondered about this as well. I wonder if there is any food grade or surgical grade product that could be used. I haven't been able to find anything.

checkyourlibido,

Duba

Accessory Maker
Where did you get that. I have mine in a Harbour Freight hard case with all ita accessories.
Hi,
As Vaporific said, i make and sell them! (pm if interested)
I’m tempted to purchase one of those fancy French TM leather cases. Oo la la! :) :peace:
I evolved the original concept by transforming the case into a "leather jacket" for TM! You dress it and undress it with 2 snaps.
The closed model with rivets requires a bit of handling and dexterity to put the TM in and out (because of its shape and metal edges).
With the snaps, it becomes very easy! :brow: :)

Top Bottom