TinyMight / TM 2

Sweet-vapour-69420

So my TM arrived, all exactly as described and all legit.

After charging all the 18650s I took it out for a test drive.

First thing I noticed - man does this thing blow some huge flavourful clouds, it was a pretty exhilarating ride to go from loading it to :smug: in less than 30 seconds. AVB came out a very dark brown after the second rip, with the outermost ring of bud uncooked. I’ve fixed this by lessening the bowl size and putting in a basket screen - I have the “rim” of the basket screen flush with the end of the stem, much more even AVB since.

I’ve been ripping it on setting 7, seems like I can fully extract on this setting just by modulating my draw speed. Is there any point going higher up the temp settings? Seems like draw speed dictates how hot the material gets

Last edited:

beluga808

First thing I noticed - man does this thing blow some huge flavourful clouds, it was a pretty exhilarating ride to go from loading it to high as :smug: in less than 30 seconds. AVB came out a very dark brown after the second rip, with the outermost ring of bud uncooked. I’ve fixed this by lessening the bowl size and putting in a basket screen - I have the “rim” of the basket screen flush with the end of the stem, much more even AVB since.

I’ve been ripping it on setting 7, seems like I can fully extract on this setting just by modulating my draw speed. Is there any point going higher up the temp settings? Seems like draw speed dictates how hot the material gets
Welcome to the gang :rockon:
As we have noticed in the past the temperature dial calibration might differ from device to device.
On top of that it's hard to find a good measurement for draw speed, which also needs to be taken into account.

As long as you are happy with your hits and your abv color (definitely don't go further than "very dark brown") stay with your setting.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

First thing I noticed - man does this thing blow some huge flavourful clouds, it was a pretty exhilarating ride to go from loading it to high as :smug: in less than 30 seconds. AVB came out a very dark brown after the second rip, with the outermost ring of bud uncooked. I’ve fixed this by lessening the bowl size and putting in a basket screen - I have the “rim” of the basket screen flush with the end of the stem, much more even AVB since.

Nice, I'm flavor focused, though I always say, start lower than you think you need to, it is very impressive, I typically start as low as the dial will go and eek my way up to finish below six or I start higher for fewer hits...

dallasxus

Keep it at 7 if you feel like you get full extraction :)

Sweet-vapour-69420

Thanks for the advice and warm welcome guys, FC is so chill :D

I’ll be keeping it at 7 then per the recommendations you’ve given me, I suppose the temptation to play around with device settings doesn’t always lead to better outcomes.

Also now I’ve used a tinymight I must say I agree with @Shorner when he says a well heated DV can hit just as hard, this is way tastier and easier/faster though

andrew`124c41+

First thing I noticed - man does this thing blow some huge flavourful clouds, it was a pretty exhilarating ride to go from loading it to :smug: in less than 30 seconds. AVB came out a very dark brown after the second rip, with the outermost ring of bud uncooked. I’ve fixed this by lessening the bowl size and putting in a basket screen - I have the “rim” of the basket screen flush with the end of the stem, much more even AVB since.

Interesting. My TM is set on 2 and I find that I don't need to go any higher.

Momor

definitely don't go further than "very dark brown
May I ask why this advice ?
I personally like to bring my herbs to the edge of combustion to finish it off. So my AVB is quite black (or very very dark brown) most of the time. Except for taste, are there other negatives to do this ?

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Interesting. My TM is set on 2 and I find that I don't need to go any higher.
Different strokes for different folks. Some enjoy low temps, some enjoy high temps. Also, the units may be calibrated a bit differently. And there are different types/styles and configuration of stems being used. Find your balance! Most usually do with this amazing vape. Vape on! :peace:

Sweet-vapour-69420

Don’t quote me on this, but if I remember correctly the blackish AVB is when there’s some element of pyrolysis and slight carcinogenic release.

People seem to go back and forth on this though, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a black and white answer on the subject
I personally like to bring my herbs to the edge of combustion to finish it off. So my AVB is quite black (or very very dark brown) most of the time. Except for taste, are there other negatives to do this ?

Well.. my temperature dial just decided to stop working. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Sweet-vapour-69420,
Reactions: Momor

Sneech

Don’t quote me on this, but if I remember correctly the blackish AVB is when there’s some element of pyrolysis and slight carcinogenic release.

People seem to go back and forth on this though, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a black and white answer on the subject

Can you provide a bit more info about the temperature dial? What do you mean by "decided to stop working"? Does the TM seem to heat to the same temp regardless of what number you set it to? Does it spin freely past 1 or 10? When did you notice it operate differently and did it occur right after doing something with the TM, ie: changing the battery or adjusting the dial?

When you slowly touch the dial and turn it does the LED turn different colors beside its normal flashing red?

andrew`124c41+

I think most people think this is personal preference. My personal thinking on this is the idea behind vaping in the first place is to minimize potential throat and bronchial injury to that extent possible. While there are no studies that I know of to prove this, I suspect the lower the temperature the fewer harmful particulates one inhales. Maybe it makes no difference...But this is just my preference. I try and avoid a visible cloud where that is exactly what others look for. You have to find what works for you.

checkyourlibido

This is my issue. I like going all the way to almost combustion. I like the taste. I like the effects. But I'm concerned about carcinogens.

checkyourlibido,

Sneech

@Sweet-vapour-69420 Ah, yeah the pot:brow: will need to be replaced then. I'm assuming your unit is out of warranty since you got it used from someone else? Unless you are familiar with hand soldering and comfortable with taking the TM apart your only other option would be to email TM and send it out for them to replace the temp pot.

Sneech,

Sweet-vapour-69420

@Sweet-vapour-69420 Ah, yeah the pot:brow: will need to be replaced then. I'm assuming your unit is out of warranty since you got it used from someone else? Unless you are familiar with hand soldering and comfortable with taking the TM apart your only other option would be to email TM and send it out for them to replace the temp pot.
How hard would it be to DIY it?

I think it’s in warranty, but with Brexit I imagine it’ll take a very long time to run the rondo as it were

Sweet-vapour-69420,

Finessseee

Are people having issues with the new German electric board? Wondering if I should finally snag a TM or wait a bit longer if there’s anything that needs to be addressed first.

Sneech

I start at 3 on my new unit. I am happily spent by 6 (7 with the water pipe attached).
This is pretty much how I do it too. Sometimes change it up and start at 2 if its early am on the weekend and just want some flavor and energizing buzz of the low temp or start at 4 if I want good flavor and a quality vapor cloud to get rocketed up faster like when I get home from work after a tough day. I always ususally end around 6 or 7. The hits get pretty harsh heat wise up there with no extra vapor production after a hit or two its fully extracted anyway.
This is why I vape at 3. On my XMax V3 Pro I vape from 250 to no more than 350 F.
If that's the way you like it all the power to you my man! :tup: Seems like you like to vape through a temp range of 100 degrees on your XMax, may I ask why you decided not to do the same with the TM, going from 1 to 3? Also, obviously what you choose to do with your own herb is your choice but I'm sure there are loads of goodies left in that ABV when your done at 3, hopefully your saving that and making baked goods fairly regularly with it!

Duba

Accessory Maker
hello,
I have a problem with the TM I use : in on-demand mode, it doesn't vibrate anymore to say it's ready. Has anyone experienced this? And have a solution? This unit has never had a problem before so I'm a bit worried.

farmerpalmersnt

Does it vibrate at all? There is a way to shut off vibration i believe. Can't remember what. Or could be the motor contacts, they can need bending out a nip or the contacts cleaning.

farmerpalmersnt,
Reactions: Momor
Top Bottom