• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight / TM 2

Djsleepy

Hey everybody,sorry for posting again. I started a thread but haven’t really gotten much activity. I’m still not good at navigating the forum. I’ll be in stock with my titanium stems very soon. My site is titaniummightstems.com let me know if you have any feedback. I’m also working on cheaper dosing caps. If you’re interested email me at titaniummightstems@gmail.com. I’ll be sending something out when they’re in stock. Thanks!
How does it work for the “heavy user”
Such as myself that do back to back to back stems; how is the heat on the stem? Can you hold /load it?

EarthVapeDude

I would compare it to the glass. It might get a little hotter at the base but I think they cool down faster.
Interesting, so then that means it is further cooling the air, which makes sense. I hadn't thought about that aspect (i.e. cooling unit "extension) and just thought about the durability and ease of cleaning (maybe.) I thought of just getting one: as travel replacement (because I'm afraid of breaking the glass as I don't have a case) or a durable backup should the glass ever break. I like using a water tool so would need an adapter.

What Country are you in regarding shipping?

EarthVapeDude,
Reactions: Vapsss

Vapsss

Titaniummightstems.com
Accessory Maker
Interesting, so then that means it is further cooling the air, which makes sense. I hadn't thought about that aspect (i.e. cooling unit "extension) and just thought about the durability and ease of cleaning (maybe.) I thought of just getting one: as travel replacement (because I'm afraid of breaking the glass as I don't have a case) or a durable backup should the glass ever break. I like using a water tool so would need an adapter.

What Country are you in regarding shipping?
To be honest I think the first couple of hits are cooler now that you got me thinking about it. The stems are cool to the touch when you aren’t using them. I would never market it that way though because I could never be sure. They are definitely easy to clean and I really like that they don’t look dirty like the glass. I’m in the US but plan to ship worldwide.

SquirrelMaster

I saved this from this thread, don’t recall the author.

PASTED:

For anyone asking about the temperature dial.

There are 20 temperature steps in total the only unknown being what the starting point is. I can turn the unit on and then turn the temperature down so I'll assume 0.5 is the lowest setting for simplicity.

Each step will increase temperature by 6.316°C/11.053°F if it's linear so let's say 6.3°C/11°F and call it close enough.

Dial - Temp. °F - Temp. °C
0.5 - 250°F - 120°C
1.0 - 261°F - 126.3
1.5 - 272°F - 132.6
2.0 - 283°F - 138.9
2.5 - 294°F - 145.2
3.0 - 305°F - 151.5
3.5 - 316°F - 157.8
4.0 - 327°F - 164.1
4.5 - 338°F - 170.4
5.0 - 349°F - 176.7
5.5 - 360°F - 183.0
6.0 - 371°F - 189.3
6.5 - 382°F - 195.6
7.0 - 393°F - 201.9
7.5 - 404°F - 208.2
8.0 - 415°F - 214.5
8.5 - 426°F - 220.8
9.0 - 437°F - 227.1
9.5 - 448°F - 233.4
10.0 - 459°F - 239.7
That's was me, I have it in a picture in my signature as well @green68beetle just be aware that calibration will change those numbers and they could be a little high or low depending on how your device came. I start at 4 usually and work up to 7-8 and it works really well for me.

florduh

To be honest I think the first couple of hits are cooler now that you got me thinking about it. The stems are cool to the touch when you aren’t using them. I would never market it that way though because I could never be sure. They are definitely easy to clean and I really like that they don’t look dirty like the glass. I’m in the US but plan to ship worldwide.

Are you making any short stems? I really like the form factor of a TM with the small stem. But there aren't really any comparable 3rd party options available in that size.

Also the cooling aspect has got me wondering.... are Titanium balls a thing? I got some new, shiny SS balls waiting in the mailbox for me to try tonight. I mean Balls of Steel is nice. But Balls of Titanium also has a nice ring to it.

florduh

DDave has them, and no that is not a typo

Damn! You weren't kidding.

90 balls for $35 isn't bad either.

I did grab some Sapphire balls from Amazon too. The only problem is, they're pretty expensive. So I only got a few to add extra cooling to my quartz ball stems. They absolutely do work better than a comparable amount of quartz. And they look really pretty in the stem.

Eventually I'll probably splurge for enough to fill a short stem. They're lighter than steel, so it makes an ideal travel stem. But... I wanted to try the steel balls first to compare. I got basically a lifetime supply of them for $6. The same amount in sapphire would be over a hundred.

Vapsss

Titaniummightstems.com
Accessory Maker
Are you making any short stems? I really like the form factor of a TM with the small stem. But there aren't really any comparable 3rd party options available in that size.

Also the cooling aspect has got me wondering.... are Titanium balls a thing? I got some new, shiny SS balls waiting in the mailbox for me to try tonight. I mean Balls of Steel is nice. But Balls of Titanium also has a nice ring to it.

I plan on trying out a shorter version, but I want to try it for myself first. I have to make sure they don’t get hot. Titanium balls is a good idea I would expect them to be very expensive though.

Vapsss,
Reactions: florduh

cosimo

Hey guys, would one of you be kind enough to dm me the calibration instructions?

(...)
This is the email I got from TM to re-calibrate, good luck my man :

First, please open the battery lid and close it to reset the device.

Turn temp dial to lowest value

Do triple click, like you would when turning it on. If you did it
successfully, the back end LED light should show very shortly green
light, like 0.1 seconds and the vibration motor makes quick burst of
vibrations.

Wait a few seconds and repeat. You should count that you get total of
5 of these short vibration / green light flash reactions. Not less and
not more, exactly 5.

Then turn the dial to higher level, like 5 and do the turn on with a
triple click. Your vape should start vibrating continuously and back
end LED activated. Don't press anything but turn the dial. The color
should change. When turned to low level, the light should become blue.
This means -3 steps for temp calibration. Vape should still vibrate.
next is purple, level -2. then turqouise level -1. Green 0, this is
usually the default level the vape ships with unless we had to improve
calibration ourselves. orange +1. red +2 and finally white +3.
Choose the level you wish by adjusting dial, for maximum temperature
choose the white.

Now you should press and hold the button without releasing it until
all vibrations have stopped. Only then the setting will be saved to
flash memory of the Tinymight. Maybe 5 seconds it is. Anyway, finally
red color is on at the back.and no vibrations. Now turn off the vape

Next time you turn it on, the new setting is in use and your temp dial
should be working differently. This feature was not intended for the
end user when designing the vape so it is not very user friendly and
for example there is no way to check which level you have chosen in
this calibration adjustment process. But it works and can be repeated
as many times as wished.

If you happen to not be successful, to get the unit vibrate
continuously, you should remove the battery lid and close again to
reset it and start again. It is important you get exactly 5 times this
lock signal green flash of light and short vibrations, and only then
turn up the dial and start normally and it should be in the setting
menu then.

Kaptan

Hey guys, would one of you be kind enough to dm me the calibration instructions?

First, please open the battery lid and close it to reset the device.

Turn temp dial to lowest value

Do triple click, like you would when turning it on. If you did it
successfully, the back end LED light should show very shortly green
light, like 0.1 seconds and the vibration motor makes quick burst of
vibrations.

Wait a few seconds and repeat. You should count that you get total of
5 of these short vibration / green light flash reactions. Not less and
not more, exactly 5.

Then turn the dial to higher level, like 5 and do the turn on with a
triple click. Your vape should start vibrating continuously and back
end LED activated. Don't press anything but turn the dial. The color
should change. When turned to low level, the light should become blue.
This means -3 steps for temp calibration. Vape should still vibrate.
next is purple, level -2. then turqouise level -1. Green 0, this is
usually the default level the vape ships with unless we had to improve
calibration ourselves. orange +1. red +2 and finally white +3.
Choose the level you wish by adjusting dial, for maximum temperature
choose the white.

Now you should press and hold the button without releasing it until
all vibrations have stopped. Only then the setting will be saved to
flash memory of the Tinymight. Maybe 5 seconds it is. Anyway, finally
red color is on at the back.and no vibrations. Now turn off the vape

Next time you turn it on, the new setting is in use and your temp dial
should be working differently. This feature was not intended for the
end user when designing the vape so it is not very user friendly and
for example there is no way to check which level you have chosen in
this calibration adjustment process. But it works and can be repeated
as many times as wished.

If you happen to not be successful, to get the unit vibrate
continuously, you should remove the battery lid and close again to
reset it and start again. It is important you get exactly 5 times this
lock signal green flash of light and short vibrations, and only then
turn up the dial and start normally and it should be in the setting
menu then.

kilo

90 balls for $35 isn't bad either.

No, it's a fantastic price. One thing, though. I've found 3mm balls to be too small to use with the cooling unit as they tend to plug up the holes in the stainless inserts. They'd work fine with the basket screens, though. I bought 3/16 diameter to use with the CU – I'll add a picture later if I think of it.

kilo,

Djsleepy

Titanium balls in Titanium stem??????? Do I dare? Ultimate cool:smug:.... what about putting it in the freezer?....OMG! Like the bubbler adds another layer to an already great vaping experience!

EarthVapeDude

I checked the thermal conductivity yesteday on titanium and it was like 1/3 to 1/4 that of stainless. You might want to double check that. But if true it would due MUCH worse than stainless. That could be dangerous for your lungs I would think (all things equal.) I'd stay clear if the thermal conductivity numbers are true.

EarthVapeDude,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Titanium balls in Titanium stem??????? Do I dare? Ultimate cool:smug:.... what about putting it in the freezer?....OMG! Like the bubbler adds another layer to an already great vaping experience!
I would worry a little about condensation from putting the stem in the freezer. I suspect water and the TM are not friends...

The instructions above that @Kaptan posted are the best and most detailed I have seen from TM central and I have now saved them to replace the more limited instructions previously posted.

florduh

NewVape uses titanium for Flower Pot components. How would lower thermal conductivity endanger your lungs? How does the thermal conductivity of these metals compare to that of sapphire and quartz beads?

I don't see how lower thermal conductivity could be "dangerous". It just wouldn't cool as well as other options.

I tried my stainless steel balls last night. Really impressive cooling! Much better than quartz. They are heavier though. And damn, the lower part of my stem has never been hotter immediately post-hit. So they grab a lot of heat.

I still think sapphire is technically the best option for cooling beads. They seem to grab more heat, but without getting as hot to the touch. And they're much lighter. However, sapphire costs like 10 times more than stainless steel.

I'll put it this way. My short stem with 4mm SS balls cools better than my long stems full of quartz.

So far my ball ranking is:

1.) Sapphire

2.) Stainless Steel

3.) Quartz

Top Bottom