TinyMight / TM 2

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I totally agree, I didn't like the smaller balls when I tried all different sizes. 5mm stack so nicely in groups of 4 so that's what I use.

I hope to try some at some point!

In the 1/2 CU configuration I’m using now, 4mm balls left a large opening right down the middle, that’s when I decided to try the 3mm SS316L balls, took care of that issue, much better fit, and no loss of restriction, which surprised me. Being able to increase or reduce bowl size is a must, so I don’t load the rest of the empty stem with anything, cooling is great, so I think for me, I found the sweet spot.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
In the 1/2 CU configuration I’m using now, 4mm balls left a large opening right down the middle, that’s when I decided to try the 3mm SS316L balls, took care of that issue, much better fit, and no loss of restriction, which surprised me. Being able to increase or reduce bowl size is a must, so I don’t load the rest of the empty stem with anything, cooling is great, so I think for me, I found the sweet spot.
I'm super glad you found your sweet spot. I did too 😁 my 5mm balls have an opening down the middle but it doesn't effect cooling. I've tried with and without a 3mm pearl in the middle of 2 stacks of 5mm and it makes no discernable difference. Air flowing over several spherical objects will induce a fair amount of pressure differences and hence turbulence.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I'm super glad you found your sweet spot. I did too 😁 my 5mm balls have an opening down the middle but it doesn't effect cooling. I've tried with and without a 3mm pearl in the middle of 2 stacks of 5mm and it makes no discernable difference. Air flowing over several spherical objects will induce a fair amount of pressure differences and hence turbulence.

Ok

Just got an email from CH, $120.00 for 200 3mm SIC BALLS. A bit much for me, but ....

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Siebter

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
don't like the look of the bubbler but does seem like a nice all in one one handed solution but I really like my hammer pipe which looks like it hold a bit more water and I like to disconnect the vape and get a fast rush of fresh air, reminds me of doing a snap.

I'm also happy with my 3mm ruby ice stem and don't find the restriction too much and I use a lot more balls than @RustyOldNail

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Hey @RustyOldNail :brow:
Welcome to the Steel Ball Men's Club.
You you are officially member Number 2

:dog:
The club is growing...
welcome the new members🤣
For me are the 5mm ones for better airflow... I've tried different combinations with smaller sizes. 2/3/4mm

PXL-20211015-174602556.jpg

:dog: 🦾🦿

Last edited:

JOHN GALT

Being a China based company it is most likely a Knock-off, imho.

DHgate.com is a Chinese business-to-business and Business-to-consumer cross-border e-commerce marketplace that facilitates the sale of manufactured products from suppliers to small and medium retailers. It is one of the largest B2B-cross-border e-commerce trade platforms in China.

JOHN GALT,

Djsleepy

[link removed]

Is this true?

David
So I sent that link over to TM, so they are aware of it.

Fyi they disclose that it is fake! Read down in description.

Notice: This is a clone product, not original.

What's even more messed up if you look at the pictures they have a picture of the bottom and it says made in Finland LOL

Now who's gonna be the first to buy one of these clones??????

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
"ChinaMight"
I still can’t stop laughing about this name. TGIF to all. My Tinymight (Finnish and the original :) ) still blissfully rocks 20+ months since getting it. It’s an awesome vape as we all know. I’m a big native user too and enjoy it mostly as-is (stock short stem and cooling units sans nuts and bolts which I removed earlier this year for more air flow and less mess to clean).

Maybe this weekend I’ll use the TM WPA for the first time. Special treat! :peace:

fogbank

I have two TinyMights and they do not perform identically.

I bought my first TM in 2019 - an early model made before the temp adjustment feature was implemented. I liked it enough to buy a second unit as a backup some months later. The second TM definitely ran hotter than my first one, producing bigger clouds at lower temp settings. I would start my first TM at 7, and I would start the second TM at 6, which gave roughly equivalent performance.

Over time my first TM started losing its punch. I was getting thinner vapor and the abv was not getting as dark as before. Since my first TM did not have the temp adjustment feature I just tried the other methods to fix the issue, including cleaning the top metal plate and adding a shim below the conductive strip. This had little to no effect. So I created an RMA and returned my first TinyMight.

In response to my RMA I received a replacement TM (I think it was a different unit). This unit runs even hotter than my second TM. I start it on 5 and get huge clouds and dark brown/black ABV.

The replacement TM showed me how hard the TM can hit at temp 5. So I used the temp adjustment menu on my second TM to boost its performance. It worked pretty well, but the second TM still doesn't hit as hard as the replacement TM. I am still really pleased with the performance of both of my TinyMights. They definitely get the job done :)

I am now wondering if most TinyMights are prone to losing some of their "punch" over time. I know there are users in this thread that have been using theirs for months/years without losing any vaping power, but there are also many that have experienced the loss of power and have used various techniques to correct/boost the performance.

Has anyone needed to boost their temp more than once? Meaning that you boosted it once, it worked well for a while, then it lost some power and needed to be boosted again?

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
I've been using my two TMs for 19 and 14 months, respectively. I've cleaned the contacts a couple times on one and once on the other, less for need than curiosity. I clean the battery lid and threads regularly. I haven't experienced any power loss. My 2nd TM also runs about 2 full steps hotter than my 1st: I use it normally between 2-6, compared to 5-7.5.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have two TinyMights and they do not perform identically.

I bought my first TM in 2019 - an early model made before the temp adjustment feature was implemented. I liked it enough to buy a second unit as a backup some months later. The second TM definitely ran hotter than my first one, producing bigger clouds at lower temp settings. I would start my first TM at 7, and I would start the second TM at 6, which gave roughly equivalent performance.

Over time my first TM started losing its punch. I was getting thinner vapor and the abv was not getting as dark as before. Since my first TM did not have the temp adjustment feature I just tried the other methods to fix the issue, including cleaning the top metal plate and adding a shim below the conductive strip. This had little to no effect. So I created an RMA and returned my first TinyMight.

In response to my RMA I received a replacement TM (I think it was a different unit). This unit runs even hotter than my second TM. I start it on 5 and get huge clouds and dark brown/black ABV.

The replacement TM showed me how hard the TM can hit at temp 5. So I used the temp adjustment menu on my second TM to boost its performance. It worked pretty well, but the second TM still doesn't hit as hard as the replacement TM. I am still really pleased with the performance of both of my TinyMights. They definitely get the job done :)

I am now wondering if most TinyMights are prone to losing some of their "punch" over time. I know there are users in this thread that have been using theirs for months/years without losing any vaping power, but there are also many that have experienced the loss of power and have used various techniques to correct/boost the performance.

Has anyone needed to boost their temp more than once? Meaning that you boosted it once, it worked well for a while, then it lost some power and needed to be boosted again?

Not necessarily, my original TM ran a little cooler than my newer one, and it still does, it hasn't lost any power, it still has a full range of power on the dial, both do... I never really bother cleaning anything either, just stems with basket screens on occasion, I did clean the contacts and threading in the original way back when with blue tac and I still have some so maybe I will again, I use the old TM earlier in the week and noticed it had a little more build up after it had been sitting without a battery in it and the battery lid off for so long maybe... Was a little tougher screwing the lid on properly (since this is my original TM that I dropped from the couch onto floor, and the only result was that I had to screw the battery lid all the way down now to make the connection) but worked fine!

fogbank

I've been using my two TMs for 19 and 14 months, respectively. I've cleaned the contacts a couple times on one and once on the other, less for need than curiosity. I clean the battery lid and threads regularly. I haven't experienced any power loss. My 2nd TM also runs about 2 full steps hotter than my 1st: I use it normally between 2-6, compared to 5-7.5.
Further evidence that the performance of individual TinyMights can vary significantly. I know that this is an artisanal vape and as such can require some tuning/adustment. It seems like there are multiple areas that could cause differences in performance:
  • Connectivity issues, normally addressed by loosening/tightening the metal screw and the two metal plates.
  • Conductivity issues, normally addressed by cleaning contacts.
  • Calibration issues, normally addressed by using the temp adjustment functionality.
  • Airflow/air leak issues, normally addressed by repositioning o-rings and spacers to eliminate leaks.
The connectivity and conductivity issues are related.

I did clean the contacts and threading in the original way back when with blue tac and I still have some so maybe I will again, I use the old TM earlier in the week and noticed it had a little more build up after it had been sitting without a battery in it and the battery lid off for so long maybe... Was a little tougher screwing the lid on properly (since this is my original TM that I dropped from the couch onto floor, and the only result was that I had to screw the battery lid all the way down now to make the connection) but worked fine!
I have used a white hi-polymer eraser to clean the battery cap. I saw a little residue on the eraser. After I cleaned the bottom of the cap I was unable to tighten the battery cap more that a couple of turns. It felt like it was cross-threaded. I didn't force it; I just unscrewed it. I think that some of the eraser may have worked its way into the threads. That prompted me to use an ISO soaked cotton swap to clean the threads on the battery cap and in the metal plate. The swab was covered in dark grey residue. I even applied a tiny amount of WD-40 to the threads and wiped it off as thoroughly as possible. After that my cap threaded smoothly again. I am not recommending the use of WD-40 on any part of the TinyMight. I used it because I was afraid that I would never get my battery cap to thread smoothly.

When I saw all of the residue on the cotton swab I wondered how that could not affect conductivity. Aren't the battery cap, the male and female threads, and the top cap of the TinyMight all in the path of the current flow? It seems to me like residue buildup on the threads in the top cap would affect conductivity...?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Further evidence that the performance of individual TinyMights can vary significantly. I know that this is an artisanal vape and as such can require some tuning/adustment. It seems like there are multiple areas that could cause differences in performance:
  • Connectivity issues, normally addressed by loosening/tightening the metal screw and the two metal plates.
  • Conductivity issues, normally addressed by cleaning contacts.
  • Calibration issues, normally addressed by using the temp adjustment functionality.
  • Airflow/air leak issues, normally addressed by repositioning o-rings and spacers to eliminate leaks.
The connectivity and conductivity issues are related.

I have used a white hi-polymer eraser to clean the battery cap. I saw a little residue on the eraser. After I cleaned the bottom of the cap I was unable to tighten the battery cap more that a couple of turns. It felt like it was cross-threaded. I didn't force it; I just unscrewed it. I think that some of the eraser may have worked its way into the threads. That prompted me to use an ISO soaked cotton swap to clean the threads on the battery cap and in the metal plate. The swab was covered in dark grey residue. I even applied a tiny amount of WD-40 to the threads and wiped it off as thoroughly as possible. After that my cap threaded smoothly again. I am not recommending the use of WD-40 on any part of the TinyMight. I used it because I was afraid that I would never get my battery cap to thread smoothly.

When I saw all of the residue on the cotton swab I wondered how that could not affect conductivity. Aren't the battery cap, the male and female threads, and the top cap of the TinyMight all in the path of the current flow? It seems to me like residue buildup on the threads in the top cap would affect conductivity...?

Yeah you would think so, but I haven't really had that issue, even when I see the buildup, I don't notice any performance change? And yeah in my case it was definitely nothing stuck in the threading, it had been sitting with the battery lid off for so long, and this is long after I used the blue tac, many opens and closes since then, but yeah that was my experience it didn't feel like the battery lid was threading on properly and could have gotten threadlocked if I wasn't careful, but I was careful and I kept unscrewing it without going too far before I finally got it to screw in smoothly... Made me understand why some people were not happy with the aluminum threading! Brief moments of panic lol

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Aren't the battery cap, the male and female threads, and the top cap of the TinyMight all in the path of the current flow? It seems to me like residue buildup on the threads in the top cap would affect conductivity...?
Yes it is, that's why checking those areas is the first step for a device with diminishing performance is to clean the battery terminals and the threads.

BubbleDrop

Notice: This is a clone product, not original.

What's even more messed up if you look at the pictures they have a picture of the bottom and it says made in Finland LOL

Now who's gonna be the first to buy one of these clones??????
It's a bit depressing to see that those fake TMs are sold illegally without being bothered.
Even when they use the same name and everything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom