• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight / TM 2

NachoDorito

I picked up a TinyMight recently (second hand) and just received it a few days ago. I think I am either doing something wrong or the unit may be defective. I can tell the heater is getting hot and the mouthpiece will get quite warm, but I am getting literally no visible vapor on any temp setting I try. I have used almost every stem and tried various packing techniques, pushing the screen down to allow for more herb in the stem, different batteries (brand new Molicel P26A’s), and a few different strains which all extract incredibly well with the FW7. This TM just doesn’t seem to extract as it should. No dark ring or browned herb at all. I am not sure where to even start with troubleshooting. I read back about 40 or 50 pages of this thread but there’s so much to go through. Hopefully I can tinker around with it and get it working properly, but the hype I had when it arrived has quickly died out. :(

NachoDorito,
Reactions: JonServo

Zipford

I picked up a TinyMight recently (second hand) and just received it a few days ago. I think I am either doing something wrong or the unit may be defective. I can tell the heater is getting hot and the mouthpiece will get quite warm, but I am getting literally no visible vapor on any temp setting I try. I have used almost every stem and tried various packing techniques, pushing the screen down to allow for more herb in the stem, different batteries (brand new Molicel P26A’s), and a few different strains which all extract incredibly well with the FW7. This TM just doesn’t seem to extract as it should. No dark ring or browned herb at all. I am not sure where to even start with troubleshooting. I read back about 40 or 50 pages of this thread but there’s so much to go through. Hopefully I can tinker around with it and get it working properly, but the hype I had when it arrived has quickly died out. :(
Not an expert, but it sounds like you may have an air leak caused by a missing o-ring, so the air is not being forced past the heater and through the herb. You probably need to remove the stem holder and check if all the o-rings are in place (there are pics buried back in this thread someplace).

ETA: Check page 483 for a pic of a potential problem area for a missing o-ring.

NachoDorito

Not an expert, but it sounds like you may have an air leak caused by a missing o-ring, so the air is not being forced past the heater and through the herb. You probably need to remove the stem holder and check if all the o-rings are in place (there are pics buried back in this thread someplace).

ETA: Check page 483 for a pic of a potential problem area for a missing o-ring.
Thank you sir I will definitely check that out!

Hi everyone hope your all well..
daft question that’s probably been answered but cant find anything ,
had my TM ages but on ordering O-rings for stems ive got coming from Eds TnT that the stem o-rings come in 2 different sizes ??
same in pack i got from TINYMIGHT , never noticed till ordering these from Ed ,even he didnt know why ,
i take it you can use both , did notice stem removes and fits different ,so seal will be differnt ,
any one know ,thanks G

Vapor-catzG,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
@NachoDorito I think @Zipford is right, sounds like a leak to me. Examine all the o rings for damage. Remove the inner metal tube and examine the inner glass, is it in one piece? Is there an o ring on top of the glass cylinder between it and the top plate?

Good luck!

@Vapor-catzG it's because of the variance in the glass stems. With the two sizes you should always be able to find ones suitable to hold the cu in place.

Regarding the bubbler... It looks allot like the Poseidon bubbler for the sequoia

My one of these broke on the first cleaning in the ultrasonic. It was a very disappointing experience so I want really bothered! I hope this one is different!

Kaptan

I dunno. To me it seems like the problem is an electrical contact issue. Try unscrewing the torx screw slightly, then wiggle the top and bottom plates, then carefully line it all back up and tighten.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I find the minimal amount of water, makes them INEFFECTIVE.
Hmm, it's not easy to gauge the amount used in the promo picture, but to me it looks like ~50ml, not too bad in my opinion. I think Sticky Bricks offers a piece with a somewhat similar layout and from what I hear it's pretty popular – though seemingly allowing even less water. In any case, I think this might even work nicely without water.

Zipford

I dunno. To me it seems like the problem is an electrical contact issue. Try unscrewing the torx screw slightly, then wiggle the top and bottom plates, then carefully line it all back up and tighten.
This is another common fix, but he said the heater and mouthpiece are getting hot. Electrical contact issues seem to be indicated by the device no longer heating up well. But another good suggestion.

Toivarita

999 Forever
I had this problem. I was reading on reddit that some people were loosening the bottom torx screw, then retightening the screw and it solving their problems. I did the same, just barely loosened the screw and then rightened the screw and my problem was fixed. No need to take anything apart hopefully. I hope this helped.

edit: I see someone just posted this solution! Sorry to be repetitive and I hope it works!

NachoDorito

Okay, so I did notice that the top and bottom piece were the slightest bit loose when moved around. Also the metal ring that threads in over the o-ring was really tight and hard to unscrew. So I loosened the torx screw and it came off much easier. I was able to verify the smaller o-ring was in place atop the glass tube and I reassembled from there. I very lightly threaded the metal ring back on and got the battery lid and torx snug. Turned her on and… she absolutely rips! I feel like a dummy for not just doing this from the beginning, but seriously thanks everyone for the responses. Time to really dial it in:rockon:

Djsleepy

Okay, so I did notice that the top and bottom piece were the slightest bit loose when moved around. Also the metal ring that threads in over the o-ring was really tight and hard to unscrew. So I loosened the torx screw and it came off much easier. I was able to verify the smaller o-ring was in place atop the glass tube and I reassembled from there. I very lightly threaded the metal ring back on and got the battery lid and torx snug. Turned her on and… she absolutely rips! I feel like a dummy for not just doing this from the beginning, but seriously thanks everyone for the responses. Time to really dial it in:rockon:
Welcome to the repair club!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
That’s probably the main reason I went with the SS balls, so like dzoinp’s original example I copied, using only 1/2 of the two CU metal pieces. I wanted to AVOID adding extra screens, and also get rid of 1/2 the metal of the CU. Using 1/2 CU, you obviously keep the OG screen setup in the open end, and only need to add a SINGLE screen to keep the balls above the holes in the sealed end of the CU. A bonus is I can still easily adjust CU bowl depth. Flavor is great.

UPDATE: For those BALLERS out there....
I switched to 3mm Stainless Steel 316L balls in place of the 4mm ones. Even BETTER!
This is the same 1/2 CU, two screen only micro setup. Vapor nice and cool and smooth considering. Want SURPRISED me was it didn’t seem to effect the airflow as I thought it might add additional restriction, from the larger 4mm balls. The TM is one of my more open draw devices. IMO, far superior to the OG cheap nuts and washers, which worked ok.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@RustyOldNail & @Djsleepy

I’ve been using 6mm Quartz terp pearls sandwiched between two CU’s and absolutely loving it. Amazing cooling, draw is still wide open, and I cannot wait to make stem milk with the terp pearls.

I’d tried 3mm borosilicate balls and found them to be a mess and very restrictive. For me, bigger balls are better. :cool:

RustyOldNail

I have stems with 3mm, rubies, quartz and SS; and the SS by far works the best for me! Also surprised how long in between cleanings you need to do.

I agree, the TM dude was smart in choosing SS, seems to cool the best in this application. Obviously, he went with the nuts and washers as they can be sourced anywhere, probably SS-304. I get better cooling effects in HALF the size, and can still “push” adjust my bowl from either end.

RustyOldNail

Sapphire has more than double the conductivity at less than half the density of stainless steel ;)

$150.00, Sapphire dish works great on my CH DCup. I’ll stick with the SS316L balls for my TM, the cooling results are amazing, as well as being affordable. Quartz balls are working nice in my little Herbolizer globe, but I’ve installed approximately 400 in that up to about 3/4’s full. If I had that many SS balls, I’d try a comparison, but I’m happy for now.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Siebter

Djsleepy

$150.00, Sapphire dish works great on my CH DCup. I’ll stick with the SS316L balls for my TM, the cooling results are amazing, as well as being affordable. Quartz balls are working nice in my little Herbolizer globe, but I’ve installed approximately 400 in that up to about 3/4’s full. If I had that many SS balls, I’d try a comparison, but I’m happy for now.
You got a link for ss316L balls ? I might switch all mine over to ss!?!?!!?

Djsleepy,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
@RustyOldNail & @Djsleepy

I’ve been using 6mm Quartz terp pearls sandwiched between two CU’s and absolutely loving it. Amazing cooling, draw is still wide open, and I cannot wait to make stem milk with the terp pearls.

I’d tried 3mm borosilicate balls and found them to be a mess and very restrictive. For me, bigger balls are better. :cool:
I totally agree, I didn't like the smaller balls when I tried all different sizes. 5mm stack so nicely in groups of 4 so that's what I use.

Sapphire has more than double the conductivity at less than half the density of stainless steel ;)

I hope to try some at some point!

Top Bottom