TinyMight / TM 2

PogueMahone

Grab yourself some Mollicell P26A batteries from 18650 battery store.com I find they perform better than the pink Samsung 30Q
How do you find the P26A's in comparison to the VTC6? (if you have tried them)

I would discourage using a tool or a coin if you can do without it. You are unlikely to to any thread damage with finger strength only. Or so it seems to me...
I use the round side of one of those orange S&B tools, the plastic keeps from marring the finish.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
How do you find the P26A's in comparison to the VTC6? (if you have tried them)

I posted about it in here recently if you search or go skim back, but basically I find them better, compared to the one VTC6 that came with my original TM (I use that one with my FW7 now) because the P26A are so consistent for me with my TM (and TP80)

By the way, if you press the + quote button at the bottom of a post, you can then use the insert quote button when you are writing your post, to respond to multiple posts at once. Instead of back to back posts replying, if that makes sense?

PogueMahone

I posted about it in here recently if you search or go skim back, but basically I find them better, compared to the one VTC6 that came with my original TM (I use that one with my FW7 now) because the P26A are so consistent for me with my TM (and TP80)

By the way, if you press the + quote button at the bottom of a post, you can then use the insert quote button when you are writing your post, to respond to multiple posts at once. Instead of back to back posts replying, if that makes sense?
It does and thank you!

Lazytechnician

Has anyone ever designed a grinder specifically for microdosing?

I prefer to grind per bowl, so it's no more than 0.1/0.2 at a time, I currently and have always used scissors, as most grinders seem to be for whole nug grinding and just feels like a small amount can get lost in those

Lazytechnician,

Saerdna

Svapatore seriale
Hi guys ✌️, so like i said in the past weeks i had problem to get vapor from my new tm, after some email with david and also with some tips by you guys, i finally realized that it was defective. Asked for rma on Thursday, send it day after, today a brand new tm is here, and it works like aspected, im so happy for the unit and also for the Cs very nice experience

purepotstill

I don't know where you're from, but not everything you order overseas makes you have to pay import taxes. You might have to pay a import turnover tax, which is about the same as you would pay for sales tax, but I (living in Germany) don't have to pay import fees as long as the value of the ordered item (plus postage I believe) is below 150€. I know, 100 cad$/ 75€ is still a lot of money. But totally worth it.

Oops, we're in OT zone.
I'm in the EU too. I'm used to ordering guitar pedals from the USA, so I know a bit about that. The law says under 45€, you have nothing to pay. Between 45 and 150€, there are no custom fees, but you have to pay VAT, which is the biggest part (20% against 3-4% for customs fees). Above 150€, you pay both. The value includes shipping fees (if you buy a 130€ thing with 30€ more for shipping fees, value for customs is 160€). And you still have to add the fees the transport company charges you.

In real life, it depends a lot on the transport. Using DHL, UPS, DPD, etc, you will be charged. Using national mail, you can be lucky... But you guys are vile tempters. I've surprised myself playing with different colour patterns on grindersforlife website... :doh:

Spike11552

Hey guys! I’ve been lurking for a few months now and decided I’d join in with this awesome community. I just recieved my tinymight after months of debating and I gotta say....I’m a bit disappointed with it so far. I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or if I need to contact them for the special settings to amp it up a bit or what. I’m sure it was explained a billion times over in this 402 page thread but would someone be so kind to direct me to the exact page this was talked about or share some tips/photos on packing and what temps you use and increase on session mode and demand mode? I’m not new to vapes by any stretch of the imagination I have splinters and firewood and if I could figure out how to preset with those confusing firewood instructions I think I should be able to figure out if this is a user issue or a device issue. I appreciate all and any help/feedback. You guys are awesome!

jay87

Hey guys! I’ve been lurking for a few months now and decided I’d join in with this awesome community. I just recieved my tinymight after months of debating and I gotta say....I’m a bit disappointed with it so far. I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or if I need to contact them for the special settings to amp it up a bit or what. I’m sure it was explained a billion times over in this 402 page thread but would someone be so kind to direct me to the exact page this was talked about or share some tips/photos on packing and what temps you use and increase on session mode and demand mode? I’m not new to vapes by any stretch of the imagination I have splinters and firewood and if I could figure out how to preset with those confusing firewood instructions I think I should be able to figure out if this is a user issue or a device issue. I appreciate all and any help/feedback. You guys are awesome!

For me:
rimmed basket screen
full pack, little to no tamp
temp 9-9.75 (depending on material quality/dryness, cooling attachment, etc.)
insert stem upside down
after heater buzzes, consistent medium draw for ~8-10 seconds

Blows my face off every time. :brow:

BestBuds

The Dude
Start at 5½ for temp. Go up or down from there depending on preference.

I pack the same way I pack my splinter so you should be good there.

Make sure if you go for session mode you give it about 10 seconds to heat up. Before your first hit.

Try pulling a little harder than the splinter and see if that helps. I've noticed some sipping to light on the TM. It can handle a little air flow.

Spike11552

For me:
rimmed basket screen
full pack, little to no tamp
temp 9-9.75 (depending on material quality/dryness, cooling attachment, etc.)
insert stem upside down
after heater buzzes, consistent medium draw for ~8-10 seconds

Blows my face off every time. :brow:
On demand mode after it buzzes do you continue to hold similar to the firewood or it buzzes you let go and draw 8-10 seconds? I gotta be honest I haven’t even touched 9-10 because I saw so many others talking about how they’re getting clouds on 5-6.

Spike11552,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
On demand mode after it buzzes do you continue to hold similar to the firewood or it buzzes you let go and draw 8-10 seconds? I gotta be honest I haven’t even touched 9-10 because I saw so many others talking about how they’re getting clouds on 5-6.

It might be helpful if you post up how you're doing it, rather than ask how everybody else is so you're going to get a ton of different answers. If you say what you're doing it might be easier to adjust that way.

For example this ^ are you letting go of the button when you get the ready buzz?

Spike11552

I’ve tried 2 times with the flat screen that the tm comes installed with once with probably a .1 and the other time pushed it back a bit and packed it with like .2-.3 I started on 5.5 since it recommends 5-6 and out of the box it was set to 5.5 bumped it to 6.5 heard the buzz continued to hold but was getting such wispy hits. Then from browsing through this thread I saw someone recommend using the cup screen that comes with the long stem on top of the cooling screen. I packed that out started on 3-4 and bumped it but again getting practically nothing. So I attempted again with the cup screen packed and bumped it to 7-8 right off the bat and my hits again were very weak but I noticed that it did char it and damn near combusted in a circular pattern. So I ordered 2 stems from grav since I saw people raving about the 16mm silicone stems and I’m going to try that without the cooling unit but I think perhaps I’m drawing too lightly like someone mentioned up above. I’ll have to try drawing harder, I guess perhaps my firewood, splinter, log have new custom to a different drawing style.

Spike11552,

androponic

vaped.
I’ve tried 2 times with the flat screen that the tm comes installed with once with probably a .1 and the other time pushed it back a bit and packed it with like .2-.3 I started on 5.5 since it recommends 5-6 and out of the box it was set to 5.5 bumped it to 6.5 heard the buzz continued to hold but was getting such wispy hits. Then from browsing through this thread I saw someone recommend using the cup screen that comes with the long stem on top of the cooling screen. I packed that out started on 3-4 and bumped it but again getting practically nothing. So I attempted again with the cup screen packed and bumped it to 7-8 right off the bat and my hits again were very weak but I noticed that it did char it and damn near combusted in a circular pattern. So I ordered 2 stems from grav since I saw people raving about the 16mm silicone stems and I’m going to try that without the cooling unit but I think perhaps I’m drawing too lightly like someone mentioned up above. I’ll have to try drawing harder, I guess perhaps my firewood, splinter, log have new custom to a different drawing style.
oh yeah you dont have to draw splinter speed, this heater is a beast and harder to overpower it with a strong draw. almost desktop like calories in this one.

jay87

Ya the draw definitely makes a difference, I try to pay attention to the natural draw resistance of the vape and keep my draw right about there.

My technique is based around a 1-hitter style, so I want my entire load to pretty much be used up in the 1st hit, sometimes I do a 2nd finishing hit but that's just clean up really.

I also often use a water piece so I can actually watch the vapor production through the glass input stem and visually see how my draw can increase or decrease vapor production so that helps me fine tune my draw, but once you get used to it it's just second nature. :science:

jay87,
Reactions: BestBuds

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Spike11552 – There's no need to experiment with cup screens or different stems – I never use any of them, the basic configuration works just fine. It's hard to understand what's going wrong in your case, but I suppose it's how you pack the chamber. Try a coarser grind and make it sit fluffy so the hot air can travel through it.

@androponic made a good point – the TM has a temp sensor that will adapt the power to your draw, which means that the temps will stay the same no matter how hard you draw, as opposed to a heating element that gets cooler the harder you hit it.

almost there

Has anyone ever designed a grinder specifically for microdosing?

I prefer to grind per bowl, so it's no more than 0.1/0.2 at a time, I currently and have always used scissors, as most grinders seem to be for whole nug grinding and just feels like a small amount can get lost in those
take a look at www.zamgrinders.com

it's currently on sale also

Last edited:

purepotstill

Yeah, I'm just using the basic stem with around 0.1g. Got clouds from the 1st hit with temp set to 2.5. The TM's on demand mode is amazing. I never go past 6 because it means black AVB, no matter how I'm drawing. Only con is the AVB isn't perfectly even, got the darker circle but don't care as the rest is fully extracted. FWIW, my typical session is one draw 2.5, then 4 and last 5.5, end.

Spike11552

@Spike11552 – There's no need to experiment with cup screens or different stems – I never use any of them, the basic configuration works just fine. It's hard to understand what's going wrong in your case, but I suppose it's how you pack the chamber. Try a coarser grind and make it sit fluffy so the hot air can travel through it.

@androponic made a good point – the TM has a temp sensor that will adapt the power to your draw, which means that the temps will stay the same no matter how hard you draw, as opposed to a heating element that gets cooler the harder you hit it.
Hmmm I’m eager to get home and test out drawing harder, I just can’t see how much harder I’d have to draw without being out of breath in 3 seconds. I use a brilliant grinder medium coarse grind suck it out of the grinder with my stem and tamp it by pressing my finger down on it so the green doesn’t fall out. I’m not smothering it with my finger but like I said I’m pressing down hard enough so none comes lose. Should I not even be pressing down that hard on it?

Spike11552,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hmmm I’m eager to get home and test out drawing harder, I just can’t see how much harder I’d have to draw without being out of breath in 3 seconds. I use a brilliant grinder medium coarse grind suck it out of the grinder with my stem and tamp it by pressing my finger down on it so the green doesn’t fall out. I’m not smothering it with my finger but like I said I’m pressing down hard enough so none comes lose. Should I not even be pressing down that hard on it?

I don't know, you really shouldn't have to draw that hard, you should not need to pack any differently than you are, have you checked to see you have all the proper o-rings? Everything is assembled correctly without any air gaps? Cleaned too?

Siebter

Less soul, more mind

Hmmmm², what you describe sounds like you do everything pretty much right, and as @Shit Snacks mentioned, you shouldn't have to hit it that hard at all, actually soft draws should work as well. Sounds like a seal issue.

MonkeyTime

The two answers above mine are spot on, this doesn't sound right...... we're back to figuring out if it's a seal or power issue then. Does the body get warm (not hot to the touch) after a couple of attempted hits? If so, check for the o-ring in this picture and make sure it's there and looking evenly installed.

It is possible to replace this o-ring without removing the top plate. I already did it when he jumped from the site when blowing the TM with my 300bar compressor
:whip:

IMG-20200511-001056.jpg

Hey @BrianTL, my FW7 arrived and got stuck at customs :disgust:

Spike11552

Hmmmm², what you describe sounds like you do everything pretty much right, and as @Shit Snacks mentioned, you shouldn't have to hit it that hard at all, actually soft draws should work as well. Sounds like a seal issue.
Unless it’s an issue with the seal of the gaskets in the cooling unit itself I’m positive I have the stem inserted correctly it’s very difficult to pull in and out so the seal is as tight as a clams ass. I’m actually really hoping it’s something dumb that I’m doing on my end. I’d hate to have to go through the trouble returning and waiting for it to come back but if that’s what it comes to then it is what it is but I’m not giving up on it yet! If it’s strong enough to char then the heater must be working and getting hot enough. I think tonight I’ll try it drawing harder then normal with the CU and another time I’ll take the CU out and try it with just the stem alone.

The two answers above mine are spot on, this doesn't sound right...... we're back to figuring out if it's a seal or power issue then. Does the body get warm (not hot to the touch) after a couple of attempted hits? If so, check for the o-ring in this picture and make sure it's there and looking evenly installed.
I think I see what the issue is, I’ll have to check when I get home but my gasket may not be inserted correctly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom