TinyMight / TM 2

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
OK, I see it now. Mine is black and I never removed it when I took mine apart. Didn't even see it.
I find I need to clean the aluminum tube occasionally as it gets some reclaim on it, but I haven't noticed others mentioning it. Are others needing to do this also?View attachment 6022

Mine's gotten to a similar appearance, I've "deep cleaned" my TM twice and just soaked that piece in ISO each time, but other than that I dont clean it. Actually ironically the other day for whatever reason I was looking at it and just wiped it down with a paper towel really quick.

I think its from getting small crumbs/debris down towards the heater screen, or if the stem is a litttttllle over packed the side wall/o ring "grabs" the extra hairs/crumbs and pulls them out getting them stuck between the stem and wall as you push/pull, smearing it around a bit.

Either way, mines looked similar. Probably not AS build up, but I've definitely noticed some good residue in there

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@cybrguy – I don't think that residue is condensed vapor, it looks a bit to green for me. I assume it's herb that got between the glass tube and the aluminum tube when inserting or removing the glass tube, then got baked on the wall by the heat. I suggest looking carefully for leftovers in the tube holder after a session, sometimes I find a crumb or two I have to blow out of the device.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think its from getting small crumbs/debris down towards the heater screen, or if the stem is a litttttllle over packed the side wall/o ring "grabs" the extra hairs/crumbs and pulls them out getting them stuck between the stem and wall as you push/pull, smearing it around a bit.
@cybrguy – I don't think that residue is condensed vapor, it looks a bit to green for me. I assume it's herb that got between the glass tube and the aluminum tube when inserting or removing the glass tube, then got baked on the wall by the heat. I suggest looking carefully for leftovers in the tube holder after a session, sometimes I find a crumb or two I have to blow out of the device.
I like these explanations and they make more sense to me as even if I didn't clear the stem at the end of a hit (which I do) I can't imagine that vapor would be enough to create the residue in the tube. Similarly they seem a better explanation than heat drawing vapor to the wrong side of the stem which is probably possible but less likely. I am going to pay more attention to the possibility of crumbs dropping into the channel and being smeared to the tube. It is no big deal to occasionally clean that part, but it is another likely unnecessary maintenance step.

Djsleepy

Love love love extra long stem it’s perfect length to set corner of TM against my stomach and perfect distance to mouth for me. I’m using Delta3d screens ( basket that came with holds too little for me) and can run it hard most of the day before I have to clean. Oh yeah let’s not forget....cool vapor!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't really take my TM out and about, but I'm thinking I may want to give it a try, so I need a really good cooling stem. It seems like a stem filled with glass beads might be the best option. What size beads are you guys using and where are you getting them where you don't have to buy large quantities? I have several long RBT stems that I think might be good gor this. I can live with the joint being the MP.

Vaporware

Some people have used the shell of the TM’s cooling unit to hold balls in the standard or long stem from TM. @SquirrelMaster has been using 4mm boro balls in his, and here’s one of his posts about it:

When it's jam packed with balls it clogs up faster so I don't put quite so many in but here's what I do.

You can also use basket screens on both sides of the balls instead but the cooling unit pieces are much more secure especially when the stem is clean and the screens don't hold in place as well. I'm still finding balls from one stem that I knowingly hit way to hard and sent balls flying.

I'm using 4mm but 3mm would also work. The smaller the balls the faster things may clog up which is why I leave some wriggle room. 6mm is more common for cooling but I have a lots of 4mm balls boro beads so I've put them in every device I can lol.

I also stopped disassembling my cooling unit for cleaning. I'll loosen the pieces slightly (if I can) before soaking and then mid soak I'll shake it around a bit but other wise I blast it with hot tap water while still in the loose state and the pieces come really clean.

I keep meaning to get an ultrasonic cleaner but I always get hung up on what capacity I want. In an ideal world it'll hold a bong. Where did you pick yours up from?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I don't really take my TM out and about, but I'm thinking I may want to give it a try, so I need a really good cooling stem. It seems like a stem filled with glass beads might be the best option. What size beads are you guys using and where are you getting them where you don't have to buy large quantities? I have several long RBT stems that I think might be good gor this. I can live with the joint being the MP.

I got my rubies from vgoodiez and they also sell boro... Mine are 3mm though so I think I need to get 4mm too... Have em in a j hook

SquirrelMaster

They're hard to find in small quantities, I know VGoodiez carries them otherwise you're looking at a 1lb bottle from medical supply places or Amazon and they're generslly not cheap. I've seen some China glass beads that claim to be boro but the price is much lower and I don't trust the quality. Granted as a cooling accessory they don't see the same temps as when I use them to store heat (ball vapes) so you could probably get away with soda lime glass balls which are very cheap.

@Vaporware
The cooling unit pieces literally cups my balls in place :rofl: . Super secure, I highly recommend them over the screens if you don't want to spill your balls by accident. A little more work for cleaning because I don't like to soak the o-rings in ISO but my metal strainer makes it easy.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
So I’m pretty fastidious about reading instructions. Usually more than once before I use something.

Somehow I missed the part about waiting for the vibration before inhaling when in on-demand mode. 🤦🏼‍♂️

And even then I was blown away by how good the vape is.

I’m more blown away now. And I happen to love the long stem with CU. Works great.
Cheers FCers

Kins

Hey when I purchased my Tinymight I got the WPA adapter and a few other things. Those metal things inside the smaller tubes, do you just take them and put them in the longer tube? The longer tube didn't have any of those metal things in it. The longer tube is chipped though, so I'm not using that and maybe I can get a replacement. I've only used the WPA so far so excuse my ignorance.

Kins,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So I’m pretty fastidious about reading instructions. Usually more than once before I use something.

Somehow I missed the part about waiting for the vibration before inhaling when in on-demand mode. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I’m more blown away now. And I happen to love the long stem with CU. Works great.
Cheers FCers
Yeah, you and I are probably the only folks we know who read their car manual cover to cover...

I have been happy enough with the TM to think seriously about a backup, especially now with the improved CS.

Shit Snacks

Hey when I purchased my Tinymight I got the WPA adapter and a few other things. Those metal things inside the smaller tubes, do you just take them and put them in the longer tube? The longer tube didn't have any of those metal things in it. The longer tube is chipped though, so I'm not using that and maybe I can get a replacement. I've only used the WPA so far so excuse my ignorance.

By metal things, I think you are referring to the cooling unit? It only comes with one cooling unit, if you want to use it in another stem, yes you need to remove it first...

Kins

By metal things, I think you are referring to the cooling unit? It only comes with one cooling unit, if you want to use it in another stem, yes you need to remove it first...

Sorry I don't know what they are called. They are inside two short glass glass tubes.

Kins,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

Cheers FCers
Yeah man, it's super consistent and the little dial affords a lot of control, doesn't it?

I mostly only use my Tinymight at home. You should try it with a j-hook and get the stainless steel cooling unit out of the vapor path. Great two handed ritual too. I put a tiny ball of hemp fiber in the j-hook as a filter.
PXL_20201215_141859327.jpg

Shit Snacks

Sorry I don't know what they are called. They are inside two short glass glass tubes.

No need to apologize, did you order two cooling units and two short stems? Then they were shipped together... You can slide the cooling unit out from the opposite end, using a wood chopstick or something similar... I've kept mine in the short stem.

Kins

No need to apologize, did you order two cooling units and two short stems? Then they were shipped together... You can slide the cooling unit out from the opposite end, using a wood chopstick or something similar... I've kept mine in the short stem.

Yeah I ordered all the extras. Quote from my invoice=
1 x short AND 1 x lo..
- additional cooling unit: 1x extra cooling uni..
- o-ring pack: o-rings for cooling ..

So I should be able to slide those out and put them in the longer tube for additional cooling?. That is once I get a new one. I don't want to use the cracked one I have now. I really like using it with the WPA I got from tinymight also. Just want to try it a different way and see how I like that.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I really like using it with the WPA I got from tinymight also. Just want to try it a different way and see how I like that.
My tinymight lives on my wpa it's how I like it best but if you haven't tried yours dry yet your in for a treat because it is very much a different animal that way. I don't do much temp stepping with the wpa but I always do dry. Start low and slow and have fun

Shit Snacks

Yeah I ordered all the extras. Quote from my invoice=
1 x short AND 1 x lo..
- additional cooling unit: 1x extra cooling uni..
- o-ring pack: o-rings for cooling ..

So I should be able to slide those out and put them in the longer tube for additional cooling?. That is once I get a new one. I don't want to use the cracked one I have now. I really like using it with the WPA I got from tinymight also. Just want to try it a different way and see how I like that.

Yeah, and any other stem they fit in, try it with the short stem though! I never tried my long stem at all, but I mostly use my TM with backwards RBT stems as WPA through j hooks and other 18 mm female glass...

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Yeah man, it's super consistent and the little dial affords a lot of control, doesn't it?

I mostly only use my Tinymight at home. You should try it with a j-hook and get the stainless steel cooling unit out of the vapor path. Great two handed ritual too. I put a tiny ball of hemp fiber in the j-hook as a filter.
View attachment 6084
I just love the temp stepping now that I’m using it correctly.

But I love this natively. I used a WPA but it loses the magic a bit for me. As is, with the long tube and CU it’s the smoothest vape I’ve ever used.

And I have other devices i love to use with water.

cheers

Shit Snacks

I just love the temp stepping now that I’m using it correctly.

But I love this natively. I used a WPA but it loses the magic a bit for me. As is, with the long tube and CU it’s the smoothest vape I’ve ever used.

And I have other devices i love to use with water.

cheers

Trust me, try using the WPA without water, that's what bossman is getting at with the jayhooks, the cooling unit does rob a bit of flavor and vapor... It does have some magic and how smooth the vapor can be, but when you try it dry with the j-hook you will find where the flavor and even more vapor is hiding! I recently started temp stepping from level 2 again and it reminded why I used to always do that, it tastes so good and the clouds are still adequate somehow...

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I think part of what makes us cough is vaporized THC oil in addition to dry heat. To me it seems that cooling down the vapor also means THC is condensing and sticking to the cooling apparatus and not in our lungs where the good Lord intended it to stick. I don't use any cooling other than water now and then.

Top Bottom