TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
After using the Tafee Bowle, I'm very impressed. At the end of the day, I must say that I like the TM better (they are both great vapes). My reasons are: fits better in my hand, like the wood, glass mouthpiece, thick vapor, replaceable battery, etc. I consider myself fortunate that I have both.

Just today I received an email from TM stating that my replacement unit has been shipped !!! Hip Hip Hooray !!!!

I know what you mean, I really love my Bowle too, fits well in rotation fulfilling other needs, but the TM is ofcourse more compact and frankly hits me harder... Not going to do any more comparison than that in here ;) I am ready to order my second TM now though!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Just today I received an email from TM stating that my replacement unit has been shipped !!! Hip Hip Hooray !!!!
Excellent news and glad for you! I thought you might leave the TM club after not hearing back for weeks and a month or two. That must’ve been terrible. Not sure if you had a second TM though which would keep you in the club despite the first one in RMA. Good way to start the weekend nevertheless. From some recent new orders mentioned herein it sounds like operations - and RMAs - are moving fairly well now. Fingers crossed.

I’ve contemplated getting a second TM as a backup and still on the fence about it. Not sure I want to start duplicating my roster which I’ve done in the past (once out of necessity and once more as a ‘want’ rather than ‘need’). The P80 still tops my ‘want’ list and the Tafee Bowle has piqued my interest though the cup is really a novelty for me; reviews for both are very good. But heck, I love my Tinymight! Never would I have imagined having a glass-stemmed vape and loading one, but it’s awesome, easy to load, works all too well, easy to use and maintain too. And replaceable batts too! :peace:

Bazinga

Excellent news and glad for you! I thought you might leave the TM club after not hearing back for weeks and a month or two. That must’ve been terrible. Not sure if you had a second TM though which would keep you in the club despite the first one in RMA. Good way to start the weekend nevertheless. From some recent new orders mentioned herein it sounds like operations - and RMAs - are moving fairly well now. Fingers crossed.

I’ve contemplated getting a second TM as a backup and still on the fence about it. Not sure I want to start duplicating my roster which I’ve done in the past (once out of necessity and once more as a ‘want’ rather than ‘need’). The P80 still tops my ‘want’ list and the Tafee Bowle has piqued my interest though the cup is really a novelty for me; reviews for both are very good. But heck, I love my Tinymight! Never would I have imagined having a glass-stemmed vape and loading one, but it’s awesome, easy to load, works all too well, easy to use and maintain too. And replaceable batts too! :peace:
My original TM works with no glitches.

Aquanaught

After reading up on the TM (mostly via this thread) I think I am nearly ready to pull the trigger on one of these. While I’m sure this group is biased, what other on demand portable convection vapes did y’all consider before landing on the TM? Even though I’ll probably end up with the TM, I like to thoroughly research alternatives before purchasing.

Also have a few questions on the ergonomics of this thing. The power button placement all the way at the bottom edge makes it look like it would be very awkward to press and hold the vape in your hand while hitting. I assume this hasn’t been an issue for anyone? Seems strange to locate it there when putting it further up seems like a more comfortable location so you could hold the whole thing in the palm of your hand.

Also, how much of a pain is it to remove the stem during a session to stir or reload? I’ve read both that it’s somewhat tough to remove but that stirring is necessary for this vape? I also like to have a few different stems loaded with different strains and swap between them in order to compare flavors and effects.

Aquanaught,

ezpz

Also have a few questions on the ergonomics of this thing. The power button placement all the way at the bottom edge makes it look like it would be very awkward to press and hold the vape in your hand while hitting. I assume this hasn’t been an issue for anyone? Seems strange to locate it there when putting it further up seems like a more comfortable location so you could hold the whole thing in the palm of your hand.
Use it upside-down. 😂

I use my ring finger when using it with the stock setup. Its a little awkward, but not a deal breaker. I've gotten used to it. When I use my TM with a water piece, the button placement is perfect. So just always use a WP.

As for stirring, a lot of people here dont, me included. Its not worth the wispy, funky tasting hit at the end. If you don't stir, and just blow out the avb puck, you'll notice that the outside shell is a yellowish green, but inside, is completely roasted.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
what other on demand portable convection vapes did y’all consider before landing on the TM?
I had (and still have) an OG Hopper before I bought my Tinymight last May. I bought a Hopper IO a few months after getting my TM because I was curious about it and hoped it would be better out of the gate than the OG was (and it’s been nothing but fantastic actually - BUT I prefer the TM over the IO on most days). I’d love to get a Tetra P80 but disdain the lottery system yet still hold out hope for one whenever that may be. And now there’s the Tafee Bowle which is different for sure and I’ll be on the fence getting one for a while (no rush and budget is not a concern - I’m not materialistic and don’t want a big vape collection). Of course the longer I (and you) wait new vapes hit the market though not all may be on-demand. I’m not a vape expert and there may be others but those come readily to mind. I was hesitant to get a TM and a new one landed in my lap (someone’s accidental second) and it’s the best vape I’ve owned in 7-8 years. Simply love it - every single time. Love the glass stem and cooling unit. Certainly powerful enough and a strong portable with replaceable battery. With stem caps I bought on Amazon which covers most of the stock short stem I throw it in a pocket and, as long as it’s not being tossed around, it’s solid and durable as-is (I do have a home homemade case for it though). Good luck! :peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
After reading up on the TM (mostly via this thread) I think I am nearly ready to pull the trigger on one of these. While I’m sure this group is biased, what other on demand portable convection vapes did y’all consider before landing on the TM? Even though I’ll probably end up with the TM, I like to thoroughly research alternatives before purchasing.

I've tried most of the pure convection on demand portable vaporizers that have been available, in my experience this is one of the overall best... If I had to rely on just one, this would have a very good shot of being that one!

Not a problem for palming in the hand, in that sense it actually works very well, but you will get used to it. The button cannot be any other place, to keep things so small and compact, and simple, to where the electronics are, there is really nowhere else to button could be anyway. There are some similar vapes that have similar form factor with the button location, and this is one of the more ergonomic I think...

Also, how much of a pain is it to remove the stem during a session to stir or reload? I’ve read both that it’s somewhat tough to remove but that stirring is necessary for this vape? I also like to have a few different stems loaded with different strains and swap between them in order to compare flavors and effects.

Stirring is not necessary, not such a big deal to remove, but it is secure in there with the o-ring so I don't bother stirring and it's not really necessary the way I use it... Definitely no issue for loading and unloading bowls, but it's even easier for me since I'm using backwards RBT stems as wpa through glass j-hooks.

Yeah glass stem based vapes are great, especially for the usage like you describe, so get plenty of spares! They also allow for fast simple cleaning among many other benefits...

Last edited:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
So....the hepatic feedback is gone again and this time it seems for good, is it fixable by me ? I need to get a star screwdriver

m0sh,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
So....the hepatic feedback is gone again and this time it seems for good, is it fixable by me ? I need to get a star screwdriver
It sits inside a silicone sleeve attached to the bottom plate, it is not attached directly to the circuit board, afaik you should be able to reseat the motor in the silicone to realign the contract points. Mine stops occasionally but a swift bang on the side with my palm sorts it out.

Kins

What are you starting on? If you start at say 5-5.5 for the first couple of hits, then turn up to 7-8 you should see less green left. Works for me anyway!

Thanks for the help again, seems my TM is back to life after slightly bending the metal contact underneath the metal cap.

I usually go up to 7 to finish off my herbs, but I've never ever combusted? At the stage of your picture I'd just stir it and hit it again until it's even. Stirring in stems does annoy me a little though, as it's inevitable I make a bit of a mess.

Seems I'm getting this down now. I just finished a sesh. Smaller loads with barely a tamp. Plus it was herb that was much dryer than what I usually use. Did a few hits at 6 and raised it to 7 for a last one. I got the AVB pretty dark but not burnt. I think the problem I have had is tamping it down too much and overloading the bowl. This time I just put few pinches and just barely pressed on it to tamp. Makes sense to me because the heat or air have to circulate over the weed. Pack it too tight and it won't be able to circulate and end up in one spot, it'll also stay hotter in that one spot which is why I ended up with a burnt middle the last time around.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
@Kins with the wpa it isn't necessary to tamp at all really and so long as you don't turn the vape right side up. Just scoop from the grinder and tap the bottom of the wpa on a tabletop to settle the load or pour from a shot glass that has some Herb in it. With the stepped wpa because of its load size I would never load more than a basket screen full and no more, it's the perfect amount to crush in one hit at a higher temperature and if I want more I just do however many one hitters I want.

Kins

@Kins with the wpa it isn't necessary to tamp at all really and so long as you don't turn the vape right side up. Just scoop from the grinder and tap the bottom of the wpa on a tabletop to settle the load or pour from a shot glass that has some Herb in it. With the stepped wpa because of its load size I would never load more than a basket screen full and no more, it's the perfect amount to crush in one hit at a higher temperature and if I want more I just do however many one hitters I want.

If your weed is really fluffy, you gotta tamp somewhat. I've now been getting 3 hits per bowl. Start at 4 for 2 regular hits, go to 5 for another 1 or 2, and then turn up to 7 for a final milky toke.

sparrowman

All this battery banter brings back good (not) memories from the R/C forums. 😉

So I have my TM nicely dialed in now. I'm using a titanium pipe screen as a diffuser between the stock screen and the stem as well as a deep vapexhale basket in the stem (with the rim and some length removed). With a "normal" session of 3 to 5 hits (after a few short puffs to heat saturate the herb), my no stir abv is very even all the way through. Even with a lung-buster pull I'm hard-pressed to get hot spots, though the herb closest to the coil will always be darker than the herb that's further away:

View attachment 5130

I poured that out in a line to show how the ABV fared through the depth of the basket. The herb on the left side was closest to the oven.

The basket was cut to about 14mm deep and the bottom of it is ~20mm into the stem. I load the stem by pouring in loose herb to the rim of the stem and then lightly tamp it down 5 or 6mm so that it's flush with the top of the basket. It's not much of a tamp, but it gives good results and is easily repeatable.

Here are the two 15(ish) second hits (along with a few short ones to pre-heat the herb) that gave the ABV pictured above:

That was 0.25g of Gorilla Glue ground with the extra fine screen in the Flower Mill. The Tinymight was set to 7.5.
Hey where did you get the mouthpiece?

sparrowman,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind

Hitting the button with the small finger is awkward and not very comfortable, but ring or middle finger works well. Others will flip the device around and push the button with their palm.

As others wrote: stirring is not necessary at all. Beside that, how hard or easy the stem is removed can be fine adjusted with the ring on top of the tube holder, it will compress an o ring underneath more or less and thus allows to fit it to your needs. It should be tight enough so you could hold the device by the stem, yet easy enough so you won't have to struggle every time you remove or insert the tube.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
It sits inside a silicone sleeve attached to the bottom plate, it is not attached directly to the circuit board, afaik you should be able to reseat the motor in the silicone to realign the contract points. Mine stops occasionally but a swift bang on the side with my palm sorts it out.

Thanks man, I was talking to CS as well and they instructed me very well...even told me the model for the screwdriver I need to get.
So I bought it, and as I was about to open the unit, I powered it on again....TM is vibrating again :)

moneydog

Just sourced some local beeswax and combined with paraffin oil and gave my TM a nice coating! Been loving it so far, but I received the wrong size adapter so I've yet to try it on my water piece. I can't believe the hits I'm getting on the lower temps, and after I'm sure I must've extracted fully I always find a surprising amount of green left!

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
My TM is out for delivery. Less than two weeks from order to receipt. Pretty cool.

I have batteries charging now. Can’t wait to give it a try.

EDIT: 11:40 and it arrived. 11:49 and I’m friggin’ wasted.

okay. I get it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom