TinyMight / TM 2

karec

I notice that the batteries used can produce different behaviours on the TM, sometimes i have 2 buzz when i start the session and in the middle the TM shuts off, i find this annoying since with 2 buzz we should finish any sesh before getting to 1 buzz and then yes the end is near and getting shutdown in the middle understandable ... i used to replaced right away every time the TM shuts off despite showing 2 or 1 buzz and now i notice that after removing the bat and insert it back i can finish the sesh and still shows 2 buzz and i can start another before getting 1 buzz and the end.
I believe this is because of the batteries used, i only use Sony VTC6 and LG HG2, but they have some time and use before on my DaVinci IQ and HVT SAI.
Does anyone notice this?
Cheers
:kewl:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I notice that the batteries used can produce different behaviours on the TM, sometimes i have 2 buzz when i start the session and in the middle the TM shuts off, i find this annoying since with 2 buzz we should finish any sesh before getting to 1 buzz and then yes the end is near and getting shutdown in the middle understandable ... i used to replaced right away every time the TM shuts off despite showing 2 or 1 buzz and now i notice that after removing the bat and insert it back i can finish the sesh and still shows 2 buzz and i can start another before getting 1 buzz and the end.
I believe this is because of the batteries used, i only use Sony VTC6 and LG HG2, but they have some time and use before on my DaVinci IQ and HVT SAI.
Does anyone notice this?
Cheers
:kewl:

Yup! My HG2s are old from Milaana and used heavily there and in my TM. It can vary, likewise the Sony cell it came with can vary, or LG HE4s (lower mAh) I don't pay close attention though honestly...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: karec

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Hey @LabPong do you really think the 14 is better than the 18 rbt stem? Are the 14 hard to find? Cause I've just been screwing around looking for bits and bobs for vapes I'm interested in and I found a retailer near me that will soon have rbt wpa's and if I remember correctly he told me he was getting 14 and 18 , I was thinking about just grabbing a 18 cause that is what most of my pieces are but if you think that the 14 would be better I might get that, I do already have a 18 to 14 female adapter so I can still use my stuff.

Bad Dog,

VirginVape10X

My wife has essentially taken control of my TM. I am trying to decide whether I should kick her out or buy another TM.
Having the same debate in my head with regards to my hubby. He likes to take advantage of my passion/addiction to geek out on the latest and greatest custom hand-crafted toys. Then he complains that loading the stem and the number of steps involved to turning the unit on, pressing the fire button, waiting for the buzz, and then drawing, is too complicated! My response: give it back...get your own lol. Actually, I end up loading the stem for him, charging and inserting the battery, and stirring when he starts to complain of a pop-corny flavor. In return, I only ask for a juicy rib-eye.

On a separate note, anyone use Ed’s TNT bomb ass butter on their TM? If so, how should I apply? Should I remove the aluminum parts first?

LabPong

I want an original good wpa from Tinymight, with an adjustable bowl like the Rbt.

Hey @LabPong do you really think the 14 is better than the 18 rbt stem? Are the 14 hard to find? Cause I've just been screwing around looking for bits and bobs for vapes I'm interested in and I found a retailer near me that will soon have rbt wpa's and if I remember correctly he told me he was getting 14 and 18 , I was thinking about just grabbing a 18 cause that is what most of my pieces are but if you think that the 14 would be better I might get that, I do already have a 18 to 14 female adapter so I can still use my stuff.

Guys.....I talking about something that does not exist yet. I would like to have a stem that has the 14mm male and not 18mm male. No adapters from the stem to the rig is what I am referring too. Also because most of my stuff is 14mm and I would have a much easier time using other rigs and not needing any adapters which would make for less parts and cleaning....and more minimal rigs.

LabPong,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Guys.....I talking about something that does not exist yet. I would like to have a stem that has the 14mm male and not 18mm male.
Forgive me for being a little confused but your not saying that there is no 14 mm rbt stem? Cause I just re checked my email and he said he was getting both sizes.

Bad Dog,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
On a separate note, anyone use Ed’s TNT bomb ass butter on their TM? If so, how should I apply? Should I remove the aluminum parts first?

I have not used Ed's butter, but it's basically beeswax, which is what I use. It's actually quite simple: apply a thin layer of wax (using small amounts at a time & a clean piece of cotton cloth), let it sit for a few hours, polish the excess off with a clean cotton cloth (by following the woods grain and with some patience). I would not disassemble the aluminum parts when doing so, it's not necessary and will create quite a bit of a messy situation I think. You might have to repeat the waxing once or twice to make it last for a while.

Bazinga

Having the same debate in my head with regards to my hubby. He likes to take advantage of my passion/addiction to geek out on the latest and greatest custom hand-crafted toys. Then he complains that loading the stem and the number of steps involved to turning the unit on, pressing the fire button, waiting for the buzz, and then drawing, is too complicated! My response: give it back...get your own lol. Actually, I end up loading the stem for him, charging and inserting the battery, and stirring when he starts to complain of a pop-corny flavor. In return, I only ask for a juicy rib-eye.

Hell !! Probably should've married you:)

LabPong

Forgive me for being a little confused but your not saying that there is no 14 mm rbt stem? Cause I just re checked my email and he said he was getting both sizes.

Correct...I am saying that.......because RBT uses 18mm male stems only. But if you can find an after market 14mm male stem with a 16mm OD body that is about 60-70mm long....we are in!

Also.. I am not talking about any stems Tinymight might come out with if it is just like the one they show now. I do not like the choked off glass screen area...it is like an arizer stem. All you need is 3 pinches and that can create a hold for the screen. But I like the straight tubes that the RBT stems are so I can adjust the screen where I want it. You just have to shape a screen to sit in place decently.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

@SourLemon
I start my sessions on 3 for flavour hits then move up to 5-6 and possibly finish as high as 8. 8 is the highest I'll start or finish or I start to see the ring. I have started my draws before the buzz (not thinking) and have never had issues. Maybe I have a cold unit but it works perfectly imo and yours just seems much hotter.

Try spacing your flower the same distance from the end of the stem as the internal width of the stem to see how that helps. Snap some pictures if can too if you're still concerned.

Shit Snacks

Yes you are confused, what you are looking at are RBT WPAs, which are male to male adapters since RBT uses 18mm glass connection for the stems to vapes, so those are offered in either size, but one end is always 18 (19/19 technically speaking)

For Tinymight, the WPA we use from RBT is the normal plain straight Splinter or Milaana stem... We use this backwards in the TM, so what would be the bowl for an RBT vape is the 18mm tip of our WPA and the mouthpiece becomes the bowl where we place a basket screen... Does that make sense?

SourLemon

@SquirrelMaster
Yeah i expiramented quite a bit and still anything above a 4.5 and i will start to get a pretty dark char ring. i have tried leaving some space from herb to heater which helps a tiny bit but not enough to really matter. I'm still plenty happy enough starting my sesh at a 2-2.5 and finishing off at my max of 5, but having read quite a lot of this forum's old post regarding TM temps, i am resonably convinced mine might be running slightly hot, which doesnt really bother me too much as i can compensate by just using lower settings as i have been doing. I'll take some pictures on my next session.

@Shit Snacks
I have eased up on the speed of my draw now btw and that did help quite a lot so thank you for that advice mate. Again i still do get a quite pronounced ring at anything above a 4.5 regardless of draw speed though.

Shit Snacks

@SquirrelMaster
Yeah i expiramented quite a bit and still anything above a 4.5 and i will start to get a pretty dark char ring. i have tried leaving some space from herb to heater which helps a tiny bit but not enough to really matter. I'm still plenty happy enough starting my sesh at a 2-2.5 and finishing off at my max of 5, but having read quite a lot of this forum's old post regarding TM temps, i am resonably convinced mine might be running slightly hot, which doesnt really bother me too much as i can compensate by just using lower settings as i have been doing. I'll take some pictures on my next session.

@Shit Snacks
I have eased up on the speed of my draw now btw and that did help quite a lot so thank you for that advice mate. Again i still do get a quite pronounced ring at anything above a 4.5 regardless of draw speed though.

My pleasure, so yeah if you still feel like you can't go up to 6 even, after more time with it, maybe worth reaching out to the manufacturer about adjusting the settings so you have a wider range to use. I just wouldn't rush into that solution is all, but it could actually be the right move, good luck!

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
When someone makes a wpa that is a 14mm male......then things change!

Would something like this work? It is 16mm OD x 12mm ID glass on a 14mm GonG. The screen is a 12mm basket that I make and sell. The CU might fit into it too for direct draw use.

tm14mmgong.jpeg

LabPong

Would something like this work? It is 16mm OD x 12mm ID glass on a 14mm GonG. The screen is a 12mm basket that I make and sell. The CU might fit into it too for direct draw use.

tm14mmgong.jpeg

Nice..... :tup:

Yes...just like that....60-65mm total length. And this would be just for using with water....so no need for anything but a screen. But if possible...you could experiment in making 2-3 pinches about 1/4 lower than where that screen sits. So it could be used as a floor for the screen if someone wanted it to go deeper than where it is now....like myself.

Shit Snacks

tm14mmgong.jpeg

You've done it again, Alan! Another perfect accessory for a different vape, I can see these being very very popular round these parts...

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks all. I purchased the 14mm GonG on 16mm glass tubes a while back with the intention of turning them into glass heater covers. They are about 7 inches long with a 14mm GonG on each end of the tube. I just cut it in half and polished the ends to create two tubes about 3.5" (~90mm) long. I can cut them to 60-65mm length @LabPong if you like. The screen is held in place by friction, so it can be positioned anywhere in the tube you like. The screen really locks in place after some reclaim buildup. Helps to heat the glass for removing the screen so the oil softens a bit. A lot easier to clean a straight tube.
Imagine there is a tiny size range that will work w/ the TM since it uses an o-ring to hold the stem if I'm not mistaken @SquirrelMaster . It is frustrating to deal with glass tubes that vary slightly in size. I can check the tube size w/ calipers if you can tell me the size range. My standard 19/22mm wooden roasting tubes have a 16mm mouthpiece end, so they may also work in the TM. I don't currently have a TM to test the roasting tubes.

Shit Snacks

@LabPong it may interest you that I just heard back from that vape shop and he told me they just arrived this afternoon and he has 14 and 18, and he told me he got them directly from rbt. Maybe it's a new release or he got custom ones? I'll send him another email to ask. He said they would be on the site maybe today or definitely tomorrow. Not sure if you want to place a international order? I'm pretty sure your in the states. But if you or anyone else want to check it out the store is called The herb cafe in Toronto Ontario

Hey did you not see my earlier post? Those are RBT 18-18 and 18-14 male to male WPA adapters, they will NOT fit the tinymight. What you want is a regular (plain straight) RBT Milaana or Splinter stem to use as an 18mm WPA for the tinymight, or buy one of these 14mm stems from Alan above^

@Alan I just tested my canarywood Milaana stem from you, it can fit my TM but it is actually slightly too wide, feels like too much tight pressure from the o ring so I didn't want to slide it all the way in, especially since the glass stems can slide smoother... Not sure if that helps you much?

Last edited:
Top Bottom