TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Nice! Good way to keep the page count under control ;)

I'll start us off again by re-posting my first impressions from the old thread...

From December 31, 2019
Mine has finally arrived, rerouting was a bit of a thing, but got it done and DHL was quick. Customer service was also fast and responsive to get it out of Finland after the initial delay.

Pretty nice packaging, even the pouches are high quality soft and so is the USB cord with a durable braid. The long stem was included even though I didn't order one, Sony cell is charging since it is new, fortunately I have plenty of LGs!

[IMG]

[IMG]

First bowl I also used the basket as is, trusting everything to be clean given the vibe, a small load of Candyland sativa sucked up like a straw (this did result in some kief coating the outside of the cooling unit and likely the inside too though, so much for keeping it freshly clean lol)

[IMG]

The first two hits around 3 were so flavorful, like really milking this fruity strain, with solid smooth clouds too. Bumped up to 5 or so for more cloud, still tasty smooth, but bigger hit so could feel it more. Next smaller hit on 5 taste was gone, so took one more at 7 to finish. Results in the above photo show a little on the edge got overcooked, though below you see this bowl saw a mostly even and thorough extraction:

[IMG]

It is not perfect of course, but it is quite impressive, feeling handmade yet not at all. There are a few weak points and quirks that have already been mentioned that I now understand seeing in person... However I also see how sleek and portable it is, while I can already appreciate how effective the technology and design are as well. After only one load, it seems the vapor quality, is indeed, pretty stellar?

I'm a low temp flavor snob, but I can ease any of your concerns already with my third (smaller) bowl I believe... Below is the avb after three hits, one nice tasty thick full one at 8, another at 8 without the nice flavor, then a finisher at 9.5 that I could tell by the unpleasant flavor was going to have more fully black as you see below:

[IMG]

[IMG]

So the TinyMight is more than capable as are many other similarly powerful vapes, if you really need to ride combustion you will probably leave your dial at 10 and kill bowls quick. I don't have the same med needs as you, while I savor the flavors and low temp effects of many different California strains that are easy for me to obtain fortunately... I have many (mostly portable) vapes that are capable of this extraction level (maybe another good topic for a broader thread elsewhere), but as you can see below by my avb jar I tend to prefer a lighter extraction. I do partake in a wide variety however, but you can easily see at the top where I dumped this load lol

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

sickmanfraud said:
@Shit Snacks what temps do you generally use in other vapes? I would prefer a temperature, if possible from something like Tubo/Tetrax or Fury?
All of them lol I do start low, but it totally depends on the herb and strain, time of day, day of the week, mood, activity etc etc. So all in farrenheit: FuryEdge pods I ride 320 and temp step by ~15, killing it by or before 390, with bent glass stem I start 345 and kill round 400? WPA its 389-430? But I've def don't 420 dry too lol Tetra I am also riding a wave, typically 385, but I will do 375 or 395 depending which side of that I want to lean based on the wide variety of stem options I have for it on top of everything else that varies... in the morning though I am starting at 345 or 365 trying to milk those low temps, or if I want something super quick and thick then I will start on the high temps, and I often finish bowls at 405 415 or 425 when starting at 365 375 385 too so... Yeah a lot of variance, SplinterZ on DNA has me riding 325 to 445 by random increments, often use 389 maybe, while SplinterV2 on TCR has me at 300-390 temp stepping by 10... Sooooo these are all very relative and the TinyMight is no exception to being relative as well! Especially since TM relies on a dial with numbers (analog more like Zion, Evo & LSV, not digital like these others you list) it is hard to reference exactly. Though I have no idea what specific temps they correspond to, I am kind of using the numbers on the dial in a similar way? As you may notice by my next TM bowls detailed below and on the next page...

Are the darker flecks of AVB from the finish at 9.5?
I presume so, I suppose it could have happened sooner since I didn't check, and I haven't stirred any of the bowls --I've gotten lazier with that these days, and the o-ring connections aren't super conducive to it (especially if doing a back-to-back hits session) -- To clarify something, about the o-rings, I find it much easier to insert and remove the stems here than I do in other vapes where I struggle a bit more... Perhaps it is because this is an o-ring with metal instead of wood like the other two I have. A glass on glass connection is still the easiest to remove for stirring, aside from different designs entirely without stems. I did used to be an an advocate for steering since I focus so much on taste, but with my latest vapes and other aspects of my setup, I've fortunately been doing it far less!

Anyway if there are no further questions from the audience
:lol:
:ko:
I shall get back to the reviewing, with two other styles of use that are actually pretty exciting. This one is standard:

So last night I removed the basket screen (which I noticed may have been responsible for the more overcooked ring of the edges before, since that was the shallower part of the load) and ground up some nice BruceBanner in my BCG fine without turning it upside down so it was a more medium-course grind (I have to grind upside down a bit to get a consistent medium-fine grind personally) that I sucked up like a straw and then tamped down and even loaded a little more in... I took a small hit upside down at the lowest temp to set the load so no crumbs would fall out of the stem. BTW 2 is the lowest setting, if you set it lower that is actually the safety switch and you can feel a little more of a notch when you turn it to 1. If you try to turn it on at this setting, a different vibration pattern will signal that you are in the safety and I can't turn on the device (not sure what happens if you turn it to 1 while the device is already on?)

I brought the loaded TM to a party instead of an oil pen (I was already quite baked from testing with my previous first basket bowls, and had a small dab at my buddy's before heading out too) and eventually took two nice hits at level 2 followed by another two like a half-hour later. These hits were all mild, light nice taste with thin visible vapor, my other friend definitely smelled it though (for example I vape in movie theaters next to him often and he never notices, but this one he might--could just be that the vapor was in his face, though there also could be something to the stinkier stem with the cooling unit and condensation?) I'm normally pretty careful about blowing vapor upwards above, and I don't think it was a problem after that first hit anyway lol

So then I stepped to 2.5 for another five hits, another five at 3, all maintaining decent flavor with little puff clouds and nice effects as I went home. During the next five hits at 3.5 the flavors fully faded though I pressed on with three more hits at 4, then 4.5, then 5.5 finally to finish I believe... Memory is fuzzy as I went to sleep not too long after! There is a chance I bumped it up higher to see if I could get more, but it was pretty tapped, which can happen when you really milk the low temps in my experience... Aside from the color and late hour, I emptied it based on the hits as it felt pretty extracted to me:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Yeah seems quite well-toasted despite the lighter color, which is common to regulated pure convection (conduction roasts darker). In my opinion, for me, there is no need to go so dark, though it may have yielded some more slight vapor at the highest settings, it also could have begun to scorch a bit? Black not ash, which I often do see when I finish a bowl at high settings like I mentioned above, though it is actually quite nice to be able to avoid it I think...

Oh and this was with the brand new Sony cell it came with, and after these 30 or so longish hits riding lowest temps, the battery level was at 3.8v exactly (fully charged is 4.2v) for next bowl.

Shit Snacks

Bowl #5 Come On Down!

So this is where things get more aftermarket experimental... Dug out an unused clear Milaana short stem, which does indeed fit perfectly as the same diameter as the stock stem, with a basket screen from @Ratchett for RBT vapes (can't recall what size or what he calls them on his site) and no cooling unit since that is still in my stock short stem for more mobile use.

[IMG]

Loaded some medium ground Candyland, and started using it upside down with this awesome mini j hook from lamart tubo, riding level 3 for three lovely hits. Then bumped to level 4 for two more, and one at level 5. Smooth, tasty, no hotter or harsher than the cooling unit at these temps.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I then switched to this RBT dydrotube upright (or at a side angle-- load definitely seated securely after those first several upside down hits in the j hook, though I did not check) for the remainder:

[IMG]

Took another hit at level 5 like this, then two more hits at 6.5 followed by two at 8 to finish, with noticably roasted flavor now. The clouds were substantial though the vapor was still pretty smooth thanks to this wider diameter glass cooler, perhaps more tolerable than the j hook for upper temps (but unfortunately I don't think these tubes are available anywhere).

[IMG]

I guess basket screens may leave a darker more extracted ring here without stirring, but could also be draw dependent, too soon to tell. I did rotate the stem carefully every few hits, while glass did get a bit warm since this was again a session with back-to-back hits even though I was using on demand mode (have not tried anything else yet, not stealth mode yet either).

[IMG]

After this whole bowl, battery went from 3.8v to 3.66v so I threw it in my nitecore charger (which is how I am seeing the cell's level btw). If I am just using this style of load and stems, temp stepping for this many hits, I could get four bowls probably? Depending on exact settings, how much is loaded, specific usage etc. I think with smaller loads and perhaps fewer hits at maybe higher settings even, seems like up to six bowls should be a reasonable expectation... An estimate range of 2-6 bowls, with average being 4 bowls, for the included battery at least.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I have some other 18mm female glass pieces that I can now use with this stem setup, unfortunately I have an even wider variety of 18mm male glass stems (from lamart, RBT, customs, and more) that I cannot use with my TM. But I do think I have plenty other options (including bubblers and hydrotubes) to play around with, so I think I will be using this stem for a while at home now... I meant to mention with the previous bowl, at the end of doing all those back-to-back hits even below level 6 (which is the halfway mark) the entire short stem got quite hot, especially cooling unit.

Thank you, but I can't take credit as it was @khelek41girl who first discovered that the RBT stems fit or at least reported it here first!

Agreed as @Siebter says, the o-ring is very secure, as it is with other handmade stem vapes that use them, here they they are also easy enough to get in and out. No complaints from me so far, but I still don't feel like stirring now lol

Okay so I'm not going to play by play every bowl, but here we have number six to finish off that Candyland grind... Took the first hit upside down at 5, still tasty but thick, so then switched to the drydro for another. I then bumped up to 8 for a hit through water, inline honeycomb rig from dhgate. I took another hit at 8 to finish, but first shut it off and turned back on in session mode, for one last long one without holding button:

[IMG]

Getting it into session mode was surprisingly easy, though I did have a little trouble shutting it off. Got the three clicks right on the second try I guess so not too bad really, and fortunately was able to clear the hit because the bowl was cashed at this setting (no leftover vapor).

[IMG]

Onwards and upwards...

Okay okay because you all begged me for it, bowl number seven of tangie dream here with first hit at 5 through the j hook, then a couple more through the d tube, and get this I actually stirred (rather I dumped it out on the table then sucked it back in reverse direction, which is the easiest way to stir at home btw) before taking another hit at 6.5 through the j hook. Then I actually did a trick I picked up from my early Zion days and packed a tiny bit more of fresh herbs on top of the compacted-from-being-extracted load for the final hits... After another one through the j hook I then moved on to the bubbler and cranked it to 8.5 for two more:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Okay no more from me for a little while, please please no, no encore, stop all your insisting!
:freak:

I think I've finally stopped keeping track now lol

For the ring, like most hotspots in convection vapes the predominant cause is probably a fast hard draw. It does appear in cooling unit without basket as well it seems, however I am indeed drawing pretty fast and hard somewhere above level 6 for the final hits typically without even checking the load first... And when I dump it out, as you can see in my previous photos, everything is still extracted thoroughly and evenly aside from that area being a little overcooked. Which by the way, using convection without stirring it makes sense that the half of the load closer to the heater is going to be darker than the half underneath it (that's why a dump out and reload in reverse can be such effective stirring). Then the hot spot results in a fast heavy draw, in this case I think having it be a ring like this is demonstrating how even the extraction is... Like I'm not seeing green specks in the herb just mostly one solid brown color, aside from the darker edges. The center doesn't end up black, but it is fully extracted, maybe more precisely even. If you hit the bowl at 10 you can probably get the whole thing evenly black?

Anyway I have not settled in on a slow steady draw technique for flavor preservation or even extraction here, it is open flowing and can keep up very well, the power settings are effective though obviously relative. One of the most pleasurable things about Tinymight is how simple and easy it is to enjoy, though far from perfect overall, the user experience and vapor quality are honestly just so impressive!

Phew! Okay that was a lot, sorry for the back to backs, while I know this doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of everything I have posted there... Not to mention everyone else! (PS these photos were uploaded to imgbb but I guess when I copy paste here they upload directly through the site? So apologies if they take up more bandwidth or something?) ** Also I should mention that the green drydrotube has unfortunately broken since these posts, as documented in the original thread, but I hope to revive it some day...

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
The specs...
  • Heating technology – Stainless steel 70W
  • Heat up time – 2-5 seconds
  • Temperature adjustment – 120-240° C / 250 - 460° F
  • Battery type – 18650 Li-ion Sony VTC6, replaceable
  • Charging technology – internal USB charging, 2A
  • Materials – Solid oak, Stainless steel, Quartz glass, Aluminum
  • Vapor cooling – Stainless steel cooling unit
  • Temperature control – highly accurate regulation, +- 1 degree
  • Dimensions – 80 x 56 mm / 3.1" x 2.2"

Shit Snacks

Oh here is another great tip that is good to have on the first page, aftermarket basket screens!

These for the stock stems:
cup screens for O ring stems : MistVape™ Online Store

And these for RBT stems:
HD Basket Screen (BP465) - 5 Pack
Alan of ToastyTop/HI/IH makes them too

Outer diameter of any stem you use should be 16mm to fit TM for any aftermarket stems, but remember folks there is a lot of variance with glass, so totally hit-or-miss unfortunately!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
So this is deja vu all over again? Not sure if this is page 1 or continuation of the legacy forum (and several familiar posts above look familiar from the beginning of the legacy thread?). No matter, it’s Friday and I’ll be reacquainted with my Tinymight soon and the awesome cool vapor it produces. It’s amazing how much cooler it is than my Hopper - and I’m instinctively reaching for my TM over the Hopper for that reason alone. TGIF! :leaf::peace:

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
So since this is a new thread on a new site (even if it's a continuation) I am going to give it a second chance and participate, but I'm not answering questions about if/when the TinyMights will arrive, because I simply don't have that information. You're welcome to email them and ask if you want to know though! Here on this site, and at this time, I am simply a user who enjoys the vape and would be happy to talk about performance/mods/etc.

I'm glad to be able to participate again! I've been using my TinyMight since last October, and am still loving it! Mine was #3, so it's an earlier version with only the red LED, but it still has stellar performance!

entirely_foreign

Just got mine in the mail yesterday! Have run about 8 or 9 bowls through it already (at least half have been CBD, I promise 😆). I'm mighty impressed. I've gotten uneven cooking only once, when I bumped the temp to 8. Have preferred it between 6 and 7 so far, and I get very very even and thorough extraction. Haven't had a chance to run it through water, but damn this thing is already super impressive.

What do you guys use to get the battery door open? So far I've used a spoon haha.

im not a robot

I'm glad to be able to participate again!

i am really glad to have you back here khelekgirl - you were already gone when i started reading from page 1, and i think your usage video was still the only real demo i could find of the tm then. i think a lot of people must have watched this video very closely, i know i did. this thread feels more complete now, welcome back.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Like @Siebter said above, using your thumb (or finger) is best. When you tighten it and the battery vibrates, I gently turn it a bit more and that’s it. It’s threaded and not going anywhere so I don’t over tighten it when I need a battery change (I don’t charge mine in the Tinymight and change batts often :) ). :peace:

Tweakz

First thing I tried, broke a nail 😂
Oh, hell, it must be unpleasant . it seems that this was not my best advice to insert part of the nail there :poop:

@im not a robot thanks!! 🤗 There were so many times I wanted to respond to everyone and talk about modifications and whatnot, but I also wanted to stay true to my word.

Funny enough, even I go back and watch those videos over and over! I'm still blown away 7 months later by just hope much power it really has!

For shits and giggles...

very cool videos . I'm glad you're back .

sanchezman

Commander in Kief
So, my previous post on the old forum was asking about battery life and whether my TM was a battery hog.

As an update, I've refined my technique a little, and am getting better results. I think that overall, my "style" is small bowls nursed slowly over several hours. That's worked out for me well so far. I haven't yet been able to kill a whole bowl on 2-3 pulls, but that's not my style much.

My rough estimate of a session for me (I'm not good at counting while inebriated) is three or four pulls at 5.5, four or five pulls at around 7-8, and then maybe four pulls at 10. I usually stop getting vapor around the second pull at 10, but because I'm high I forget and try a couple extra times anyway.

I can get about two of these sessions on a single charge, but sometimes the second session will kill the battery during my setting 8 pulls.

For packing, I grind up a small amount (maybe .1g, but I've never weighed it to find out) and suck it straight into the mouthpiece. I maybe tamp it lightly with my finger to knock loose any herb that might fall into the heating screen. By the end of one of my sessions, this herb appears to be completely devoid of any further vaporizable compounds.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
So since this is a new thread on a new site (even if it's a continuation) I am going to give it a second chance and participate, but I'm not answering questions about if/when the TinyMights will arrive, because I simply don't have that information. You're welcome to email them and ask if you want to know though! Here on this site, and at this time, I am simply a user who enjoys the vape and would be happy to talk about performance/mods/etc.

I'm glad to be able to participate again! I've been using my TinyMight since last October, and am still loving it! Mine was #3, so it's an earlier version with only the red LED, but it still has stellar performance!
I just call to say ...
thank you
thanks to you i bought the TM and i love it :bowdown:

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
My rough estimate of a session for me (I'm not good at counting while inebriated) is three or four pulls at 5.5, four or five pulls at around 7-8, and then maybe four pulls at 10. I usually stop getting vapor around the second pull at 10, but because I'm high I forget and try a couple extra times anyway.

I can get about two of these sessions on a single charge, but sometimes the second session will kill the battery during my setting 8 pulls.
Fascinating how each of us can use it so differently. Here's what I've been doing over an evening:

I prefer a light buzz (micro-doser), so a single load actually lasts me a few hours:
I take 2 (5-second) hits at 3,
~30 minutes later I take 2 hits at 3.5,
~30 minutes later I take 2 hits at 4,
~30 minutes later 2 hits at 4.5,
~30 minutes later 2 hits at 5.

I've found that at 5.5 I start to get the burnt popcorn taste, so I stop at 5.

Keeping each draw to 5 seconds keeps the vapor VERY cool, which is a plus.

Before I go to bed I reload it (still set on 5) in case I get up in the night and can't get back to sleep.

I've only had the TM for a week, but the above regimen kept my battery at 4 buzzes for two nights, then 3 buzzes for two nights, then I recharged it. I'll be giving the stem/CU a good cleaning today so we'll see how much build-up 1 week generated.

Easywider

Simple is the way
Let’s talk TM cases. Has anyone found a perfect fit? I’ve been looking at mouse cases as they seem to be about the right size.

Ended up ordering this guy from amazon. The inner dimension listed for the product are larger by over an inch. I though this case was going to be to big but It turns out it’s almost too small! It just fits the Tm a stem and a battery.

0F1D9E6A-6ED5-4384-A00F-4260DF451A51.jpeg
DCE577ED-00D7-4FED-8FCF-A0EE2919D2AE.jpeg

Top Bottom