TinyMight / TM 2

jbm

If my finger touches the button lightly (without activating power or heating), it can make small click-like noises too. Are you sure it wasn't the button itself?
That could be it. I took a couple hits this afternoon and it worked fine with no clicking.

Jbm,

RxPlorer

Let’s talk TM cases. Has anyone found a perfect fit? I’ve been looking at mouse cases as they seem to be about the right size.

Hard case for Sandisk SSD

- Tm with a loaded stem
- tube with spare stem/cu and 3 loaded dosing caps
- toolkit tube - brush, shovel, pick
- spare O-rings and battery removal tool - another washer!
- spare battery
- charging cable
- capsule caddy with 4 more dosers

This easily covers a week of on-the-go use for me. At least that’s my guess! Maybe someday I’ll find out when I can leave my house for more than a short hike or groceries.

Edit: Thanks @Stu and @pakalolo for hosting images here. The 2mb size cap is understandable and totally fine!

5ADAD45B-239D-430A-A48C-149521B50027.jpeg6F15BFE1-A161-4719-A9F9-93A8DFE28CA8.jpeg2EAAC26F-4232-4F40-A246-708A54700172.jpegDE62A0D3-0685-400A-A274-2AB333A01013.jpeg

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

For anyone asking about the temperature dial.

There are 20 temperature steps in total the only unknown being what the starting point is. I can turn the unit on and then turn the temperature down so I'll assume 0.5 is the lowest setting for simplicity.

Each step will increase temperature by 6.316°C/11.053°F if it's linear so let's say 6.3°C/11°F and call it close enough.

Dial - Temp. °F - Temp. °C
0.5 - 250°F - 120°C
1.0 - 261°F - 126.3
1.5 - 272°F - 132.6
2.0 - 283°F - 138.9
2.5 - 294°F - 145.2
3.0 - 305°F - 151.5
3.5 - 316°F - 157.8
4.0 - 327°F - 164.1
4.5 - 338°F - 170.4
5.0 - 349°F - 176.7
5.5 - 360°F - 183.0
6.0 - 371°F - 189.3
6.5 - 382°F - 195.6
7.0 - 393°F - 201.9
7.5 - 404°F - 208.2
8.0 - 415°F - 214.5
8.5 - 426°F - 220.8
9.0 - 437°F - 227.1
9.5 - 448°F - 233.4
10.0 - 459°F - 239.7

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
What is your preferred method to clean these? I haven’t cleaned mine yet but you’ve got me thinking. Tempted to bring my Tinymight on a flat hike but may leave it home and take something else. I don’t have a good pocket travel option yet for it, particularly the stem. I love the cork option but haven’t had a chance to get some (it will take a few tries too I suspect). Happy Sunday all. :leaf: :peace:
I cleaned that battery from the top of the photo with the very old method :myday:, with proof given in several daily activities of the human being:
Thumb / saliva / pants method :rofl:
Is there any residue? yes ... but not visible to the naked eye:mental:

When I made the @dzoinp cork mod :D
IMG-20200424-004229.jpg

I didn't think I would use it much. After adding the stirring upgrade, it became an indispensable accessory. In addition to protecting the stem, I can stir or release the avb on the go. :whip:
Now, that little cap is very limited when choosing a transport bag. I prefer the rigid ones with top entry and two zippers.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
There are 20 temperature steps in total the only unknown being what the starting point is. I can turn the unit on and then turn the temperature down so I'll assume 0.5 is the lowest setting for simplicity.

Each step will increase temperature by 6.316°C/11.053°F if it's linear so let's say 6.3°C/11°F and call it close enough.

Dial - Temp. °F - Temp. °C
0.5 - 250°F - 120°C
1.0 - 261°F - 126.3
1.5 - 272°F - 132.6
2.0 - 283°F - 138.9
2.5 - 294°F - 145.2
3.0 - 305°F - 151.5
3.5 - 316°F - 157.8
4.0 - 327°F - 164.1
4.5 - 338°F - 170.4
5.0 - 349°F - 176.7
5.5 - 360°F - 183.0
6.0 - 371°F - 189.3
6.5 - 382°F - 195.6
7.0 - 393°F - 201.9
7.5 - 404°F - 208.2
8.0 - 415°F - 214.5
8.5 - 426°F - 220.8
9.0 - 437°F - 227.1
9.5 - 448°F - 233.4
10.0 - 459°F - 239.7
Big thanks for inserting that temp guide as it will be a excellent source for new owners.

Nameless Horse

IMG-20200517-155324.jpg
Just noticed some nasty in the battery's
This isn't good... But it's easy to clean.
The battery at the top was worse than the others.
Battery door cleaned too
Is the grime from vapor path residuals or transportation/ storage debris?

Hard case for Sandisk SSD

- Tm with a loaded stem
- tube with spare stem/cu and 3 loaded dosing caps
- toolkit tube - brush, shovel, pick
- spare O-rings and battery removal tool - another washer!
- spare battery
- charging cable
- capsule caddy with 4 more dosers

This easily covers a week of on-the-go use for me. At least that’s my guess! Maybe someday I’ll find out when I can leave my house for more than a short hike or groceries.

Edit: Thanks @Stu and @pakalolo for hosting images here. The 2mb size cap is understandable and totally fine!

View attachment 264View attachment 265View attachment 266View attachment 267

Beautiful color!! Is that wood stain? Any effect on flavor or taste?

herbo-Might.jpg

....totally sayin

Awesome setup as well! Is that a wrap?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is the grime from vapor path residuals or transportation/ storage debris?

Beautiful color!! Is that wood stain? Any effect on flavor or taste?

That grime has nothing to do with weed residue or vapor btw, it's an electronic battery thing...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Fair enough. Battery corrosion? I'm fairly hip to batteries through 5 years of ecigs and a decade of RC hobbies. Had no idea this was a thing.

I don't know, I know it was something that the grasshopper would have with its batteries is all, I don't think I ever notice much on my 18650s across all my vapes that use them though...

murf2010

How long is everyone holding the button down? Is it normal to toast a decently size bowl in 2-3 hits? If I want more hits, just add more flower? I love the power this thing offers I just feel like people here have lower temps than I do haha. I dono, I emailed the guy to see if maybe we could calibrate it back a smidge? We’ll see what he says.
Also, I never cough, like ever. But no matter what my wife does, but hit, small hit temp on 3 or 8, doesn’t matter, she coughs her ass off. It’s not the Tm at all, it’s happened with every form of consuming flower minus edibles. Any suggestions for her? Haha I wanna help her. BTW, any cbd flower fans here? I’m a big time cbd guy!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I cleaned that battery from the top of the photo with the very old method :myday:, with proof given in several daily activities of the human being:
Thumb / saliva / pants method :rofl:
OK, thanks. I thought a more official method using ISO, De-oxit, or other was being used. I’ll keep an eye on my batts and battery cover for any build up. :peace:

Vaporific,

LabPong

Just noticed some nasty in the battery's
This isn't good... But it's easy to clean.
The battery at the top was worse than the others.
Battery door cleaned too

The discoloration on dzoinp's battery end is simply the machining oil he did not clean off the aluminum parts...specifically the battery cover. It is not any vapor residue or corrision of the cell.

If you take a q-tip to any of the aluminum parts...you will see a ton of machining oil still on it. Just swipe the threads and you will see.

I actually take the top aluminum piece off to thoroughly clean it before use. Do not let the bottom metal separate from the wood shell....you might mess up the heater mount and not get it back together without a special tool.

How long is everyone holding the button down? Is it normal to toast a decently size bowl in 2-3 hits? If I want more hits, just add more flower? I love the power this thing offers I just feel like people here have lower temps than I do haha. I dono, I emailed the guy to see if maybe we could calibrate it back a smidge? We’ll see what he says.
Also, I never cough, like ever. But no matter what my wife does, but hit, small hit temp on 3 or 8, doesn’t matter, she coughs her ass off. It’s not the Tm at all, it’s happened with every form of consuming flower minus edibles. Any suggestions for her? Haha I wanna help her. BTW, any cbd flower fans here? I’m a big time cbd guy!

I would suggest your wife tries going through water with a rig.

I hold the button down for about 4-6 seconds at the most after the full heat buzz goes off......level 6.

It is my TM #2 with a custom black foam wrap. It it wide enough to stick out just above the metal ends to they will not scratch or scratch the heck out of my nice wood topped desk.

Show off..... :)

lol......actually, I'm teaching others how to best use the TinyMight :tup:

Last edited:

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
I had tested it for a day but the steam was very hot so I use all the nuts and washers in the CU again. amazing that these small parts cool the steam down so much

amazing how well the CU works
I did the same experiment last night and came the the same conclusion. Though I confess I tested "remove nuts and washer" at the same time as "leave some space between the two halves of the CU". After the vapor proved much hotter, I reversed both modifications.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
If you take a q-tip to any of the aluminum parts...you will see a ton of machining oil still on it. Just swipe the threads and you will see.

Never experienced that, neither machining oil in general nor on the battery. Just saying, I don't think it's an issue for all of us.

Tweakz

I did the same experiment last night and came the the same conclusion. Though I confess I tested "remove nuts and washer" at the same time as "leave some space between the two halves of the CU". After the vapor proved much hotter, I reversed both modifications.
it was necessary not to "remove not all the nuts and washers", try to leave two washers and one nut and it will not be hot , while there will be more steam

Vaporific

it was necessary not to "remove not all the nuts and washers", try to leave two washers and one nut and it will not be hot , while there will be more steam
Simply loosening the top section of the cooling unit from the bottom section will enable a bit more vapor and air flow. The nuts and washers in between them partially covers the holes at the top of the bottom section and loosening the sections and the washers and nuts should increase vapor and airflow just a bit. That’s been my experience. So, my CU is a little loosey goosey in my stem. Works for me.

Yesterday I removed the simple dome screeen from the stem below the cooling unit to hold flower and now I’m just using the cooling unit as-is within the stem. Still gets dirtier than without the dome screen. I’m still getting ringy AVB so I’m trying it without the dome screen and adjusting the cooling unit height a bit closer to the heater. I’m finding the next to stir a bit recently too for a more complete extraction (”waste not want not”). Science experimentation continues even 2+ months in but I love the TM regardless! :peace:

Tweakz

How long is everyone holding the button down? Is it normal to toast a decently size bowl in 2-3 hits? If I want more hits, just add more flower? I love the power this thing offers I just feel like people here have lower temps than I do haha
I usually keep the button pressed for about 25-30 seconds, the average speed of retraction, maximum temperatures, fall asleep somewhere .25 . I kill everything for 2 juicy punches ! that's why you're not alone

Simply loosening the top section of the cooling unit from the bottom section will enable a bit more vapor and air flow. The nuts and washers in between them partially covers the holes at the top of the bottom section and loosening the sections and the washers and nuts should increase vapor and airflow just a bit. That’s been my experience. So, my CU is a little loosey goosey in my stem. Works for me.

Yesterday I removed the simple dome screeen from the stem below the cooling unit to hold flower and now I’m just using the cooling unit as-is within the stem. Still gets dirtier than without the dome screen. I’m still getting ringy AVB so I’m trying it without the dome screen and adjusting the cooling unit height a bit closer to the heater. I’m finding the next to stir a bit recently too for a more complete extraction (”waste not want not”). Science experimentation continues even 2+ months in but I love the TM regardless! :peace:

that's right, the relaxation between the two parts of CU really gives more air and gives more volume to the clouds. this was my first method that I tried

but my last method is the best one for me, removing one nut and washer(while keeping two washers and one nut inside) I get the best result

I have been very much in love with tm for 3 months now

Last edited:

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
Based on your comment, I'm wondering if I got a non-standard cooling unit. I opened it up for the first time yesterday to clean it after my first week of use (just a little sticky BTW - no major buildup at all from my microdosing - could have waited a second week).

Inside the CU were (3) nuts and (1) washer. You're asking me to leave (1) nut and (2) washers. No can do.

I will try spacing apart the two halves of the CU again next time though.

scooterboy,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
The discoloration on dzoinp's battery end is simply the machining oil he did not clean off the aluminum parts...specifically the battery cover. It is not any vapor residue or corrision of the cell.
:D Machining oil after 6 months of use ... my TM must have a carter somewhere.:o
:rofl:
It's aluminum residue resulting from opening and closing the battery door.

Vaporific

There was definitely only one washer in mine.
That’s odd. I guess not all cooling units are the same, or maybe yours is just different. Mine has all the washers and nuts. Easy enough to remedy - either contact the maker or go to a hardware store for a few pennies if you don’t have the same size lying around.

It’s almost TM time for me! :peace:

Vaporific,
Top Bottom