TinyMight / TM 2

terpguy420

The set is available without engraving, and the device can be dressed up in a leather sleeve.šŸ˜‚

IMG-20240406-113547.jpg

I have one of your sleeves in brown on mine.

terpguy420,
  • Love
Reactions: Duba

condition

Hey There - Curious if you found any info out on this? I am a new owner of a TM2, with some high artisian stems, and the rimmed bucket screens are to loose in there, and the ones without a rim seem like a pain.

I use a rimmed basket screen with a high artisan stem on a daily basis. What helped me keeping the screen inside the stem was flatten the bottom of the ā€žbasketā€œ a little bit. Then press the screen from the inside to the outside at two opposite points (e.g. with a dab tool). This will then hold the screen in the glass stem without any problems.
I use TM2 exclusively with rimmed baskets. Nothing else, 3 long draws temp between 5-6 and that's it. And I have ordered 10 new from Aliexpress, to swap new every 3 draws. I use high Artisan & GVB glass stems with pearls. The rimmed baskets from China do not fit as well as the ones from Finland. They are more loose inside the stem, but after inserted into the TM2 it does not matter. I believe I get better taste with small loads and less draws. Only drawback a dark ring on the ABV.

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
I use TM2 exclusively with rimmed baskets. Nothing else, 3 long draws temp between 5-6 and that's it. And I have ordered 10 new from Aliexpress, to swap new every 3 draws. I use high Artisan & GVB glass stems with pearls. The rimmed baskets from China do not fit as well as the ones from Finland. They are more loose inside the stem, but after inserted into the TM2 it does not matter. I believe I get better taste with small loads and less draws. Only drawback a dark ring on the ABV.
Ditto for me with dial at ~5, except mines pretty even colored (i.e., I don't get a dark ring).

Sto.Oned

Ditto for me with dial at ~5, except mines pretty even colored (i.e., I don't get a dark ring).
Where i can find these buttons? šŸ˜‹

Btw today I had w very strong hit, it was almost burnt.. I felt a very bad smell. It happened because the weed in stem were too pressed or for which reason?
Anyway after cleaning it with a paper and a small screwdriver and putting new weed, the smell was still there... Maybe alcohol is the only way to clean it?
As it's a short wood stem, can i leave it in alcohol or how to deeply clean it?

I also found this, could be suitable for cleaning the wax and the rest?
https://share.temu.com/kHwUE5xESxA

Last edited:
Sto.Oned,

cubsrule17

I use a rimmed basket screen with a high artisan stem on a daily basis. What helped me keeping the screen inside the stem was flatten the bottom of the ā€žbasketā€œ a little bit. Then press the screen from the inside to the outside at two opposite points (e.g. with a dab tool). This will then hold the screen in the glass stem without any problems.
Thanks so much for this recommendation, it's exactly what I needed.

kiddvudu2

Ok, so what should i use it instead to clean it and remove the smoky/toasted taste?
Is a cheap ultrasonic cleaning machine useful for that (or for the cu/screens) ?
Hey brother, I've owned a wooden TM stem for almost a year now. I never clean the inside, and I only use a 50/50 mix of beeswax and mineral oil to treat the outside. Eventually the "taste" will fade away because the inside gets coated with "goodness". I have used a nylon bristle pipe brush and warm water to clean the inside a couple times when I first got it, but gave that up because I figured the water was worse for the wood.

Good luck.

EarthworldTim

Ok, so what should i use it instead to clean it and remove the smoky/toasted taste?
Is a cheap ultrasonic cleaning machine useful for that (or for the cu/screens) ?
I just clean them with wax. Basically I lather the stem inside and out, let it sit for a couple of hours, and wipe it out. Resin is fat-soluble so it just wipes off with the wax.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Hey brother, I've owned a wooden TM stem for almost a year now. I never clean the inside, and I only use a 50/50 mix of beeswax and mineral oil to treat the outside. Eventually the "taste" will fade away because the inside gets coated with "goodness". I have used a nylon bristle pipe brush and warm water to clean the inside a couple times when I first got it, but gave that up because I figured the water was worse for the wood.
I agree with this. For some time, my daily driver was a dyna tip on an unlined wood stem. It was a sweet little stem until it split on one end. Whenever you'd get too roasty of a hit, that flavor would get in the stem taste for a while. After a few more regular vape sessions the stem would just get a new coat of resin and the bad taste would fade. I never cleaned the inside. I just let it build up, and it broke before it got clogged. It had a pretty wide ID.

Speaking of taste, I've avoided any roasty taste for several hits by turning my TM2 down to 1.5. I just prefer the floral or terp taste without any roast flavor. Once it starts to turn to roasty, I hit it at 2.5 once and then done.

MHL

Try hard noob
I wish they would make a TM2 "luxe" type thing, with stainless instead of aluminium, a darker wood and even customisable accessories.

I dread to think what the price would be though.

golfer

Anyone have the inside scoop on when the red tm2 might be available to order? I've been lurking in here for a while and always been interested in it and from the last few posts it seems like it might be right around the corner. I already have one that I got back in 2022 but I love the device and it would be nice to have a backup and see the small improvements they've made since I got mine.

golfer,
Reactions: dimmusp

Varden

I have gotten the Airvape gold plated SS capsules to try them on the TM2, because of the recommendations of some members here. They just arrived and I have realized they do not come with a container. I only use the dosing caps for going around so I'm looking for a container for carrying them, any recommendations?

edit: I ended up going for this one. I plan on putting some foam inside to keep the capsules in place.

Last edited:

dtrdrk

Hey guys, sorry i dont have the time to read through the 1000 pagesā€¦ a friend of mine is looking for a beginner friendly on demand vape. This seems to check all boxes. But i do remember reading that the first version did not extract evenly. How is the extraction in version 2? Any dark spots, or is it all even? Thanks

dtrdrk,

Varden

Hey guys, sorry i dont have the time to read through the 1000 pagesā€¦ a friend of mine is looking for a beginner friendly on demand vape. This seems to check all boxes. But i do remember reading that the first version did not extract evenly. How is the extraction in version 2? Any dark spots, or is it all even? Thanks

The TM2 extracts more evenly than the TM OG because of the added diffuser, but it really depends on the stem you are using. IMO it is a non issue, but keep reading for the long explanation.

If you use a full glass stem, with the basket of glass too, which I recommend for best vapour and flavour, you can see sometimes a bit of green on the parts of the herb that touches the glass, because the hot air can not reach it. Whether this happens more or less depends on how much you pack the bowl, and you should not be packing it tight anyways, but fluffy for best results, so it will barely happen. And as I said this is a non issue anyway as you will see almost no difference if you move the herb, because it is almost nothing. Plus if you use the ABV to make edibles, like you should, you are getting back anything left. If you use a metallic basket or dosing capsule, the added conduction of the metal will prevent any spot on the herb left untouched. BTW, all of this is the same for any pure convection vape, not just the TM.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Anyone have the inside scoop on when the red tm2 might be available to order? I've been lurking in here for a while and always been interested in it and from the last few posts it seems like it might be right around the corner. I already have one that I got back in 2022 but I love the device and it would be nice to have a backup and see the small improvements they've made since I got mine.
Iā€™ve emailed with Tinymight a few times since last year about a RED/purpleheart edition. They said theyā€™re hoping to have a limited batch ready around 4/20. They didnā€™t indicate or allude to how many units are in this batch. Iā€™ve expressed my sincere interest to them to purchase a RED TM2 - and they indicated I would be on their ā€˜listā€™ - which would go along with my OG TM (circa March ā€˜20) which still kicks butt - every single time! :). Weā€™ll see. ā€œThe waiting is the hardest partā€ šŸŽ¶:peace:

budski

cantre member
I have gotten the Airvape gold plated SS capsules to try them on the TM2, because of the recommendations of some members here. They just arrived and I have realized they do not come with a container. I only use the dosing caps for going around so I'm looking for a container for carrying them, any recommendations?

edit: I ended up going for this one. I plan on putting some foam inside to keep the capsules in place.
Delta 3d makes a mint tin insert for airvape caps also holds spare battery or cap loading tool, a thin piece of foam in the lid keep it from rattling.
53306351909_dc1e55967e_o.jpg

ps a small dab/wax container, silicone or glass will hold 3 caps in tiny smellproof!

Last edited:

Duba

Accessory Maker
Hi There,
I have an offer for the 420 sale : -20% on whole site using the code LBK420, and also on engraved units : 6 visuals are available :

IMG-20240411-125339-676.webp

I can engrave on short (wood covered) or long sleeve (wood and metal covered) sleeve.
You can choose the visual and the color base (yellow, blue, orange, purple, pink)
Enjoy!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

That was not true of the first version, necessarily, as with most pure convection on demand, it can be very manual in nature and depend on the user, along with the stem etc it is how you inhale and your settings, how you load etc...

TM2 is all around better fit and finish, other improvements like the airflow and extra heater coverings, still the extraction depends on you being pure convection on demand, it is possible to get an uneven extraction, and it is possible to get a perfectly even extraction... It is not consistently one way or the other universally for everyone.

Often pure convection on demand is going to have the top be darker than the bottom since it is closer to the heat you are inhaling through the load, I would not refer to this as random dark spots though, it can be resolved with how you use it as I said above (temp settings, inhale, how you load, stems used, etc.)

Does anyone know what size screens are used for the GVB stems?

1/2-inch flat screens

gangababa

Reading stories of others' concerns, "Something isn't right" and simply wondering about my TM2 which works, I started to open it up.
Removing the screw I saw the end threads were not clean and there was a bit of (di-electrical?) grease at its tip.
Screw-amp-grease.jpg

So I cleaned the threads to reduce electrical resistance.
Screw-threads-cleaned.jpg

My T-20 tool was too short to continue disassembly, but I saw that my button, which still works, was leaning back towards the charger port.
I was on the way to a dreaded failed switch syndrome.
I failed to get a clear photo.
TM-switch.jpg

I found some hard plastic suitably thick (thin) to fill the space between the switch and port so the switch no longer leans away from the button.
I trimmed the plastic a bit more after taking the picture.
Switch-repair-with-plastic.jpg

Reassembled, and working, but still wondering about the dirt in the bottom cap (I cleaned it.)
Dirty-surprise-bottom-cap.jpg

Top Bottom