TinyMight / TM 2

ElMismo

I got an offer on the TM2 against better judgement I decided I couldn’t pass up. Got 20% off anything coupon at Sneaky Pete’s Canada store and went for it. $376CDN=$274USD we add 13% tax in Canada so was $425CDN=$310USD w/tax pretty good added a couple caps, XL Rocket(beaded) stem and 14mm wpa for total damage $485CDN=$354USD. I hope this mother is worth it, I‘m looking at sending my Lobo back for a refund to lessen the damage. :bang:
Where did you get that sweet coupon ?
And don’t worry, very worth it!

gangababa

... but TM2 was enough for now it’s a big expense for me.
It is worth every peso regardless of exchange rate.
And in Uruguay, no amount of pesos will buy a Tinymight that is not carried in one's own luggage from the 'exterior'.

My partner's trip to the States enabled my purchase at the first of the year; lots of pesos.
Yesterday I was struck by the value, just seeing the American Walnut Tinymight simply sitting on the old wood table.
My mind flashed to my first vape with its all glass air path and its real plastic, faux-burl-wood wood-look body.

To my esthetics, the Tinymight is an art-deco design double-boiler. First it boils the flower elements and then it boils-me-over.
It is the real thing.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I lightly cleaned out the heating chamber on my TM2 with a damp qtip, then lightly wiped a very small amount of cbd salve on the oring with my finger to keep it conditioned. Now my stems are fitting too loose. Not loose where there isn't a seal, but there isn't any resistance to hold the attachment in place.

I usually use a wpa and invert it on a jhook. Now when I try to pull it off the jhook, the wpa starts sliding out of the chamber instead of separating at the glass joint.

Do these orings wear out regularly? I don't think I pressed on the oring with any significant force.

BabyFacedFinster,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I lightly cleaned out the heating chamber on my TM2 with a damp qtip, then lightly wiped a very small amount of cbd salve on the oring with my finger to keep it conditioned. Now my stems are fitting too loose. Not loose where there isn't a seal, but there isn't any resistance to hold the attachment in place.

I usually use a wpa and invert it on a jhook. Now when I try to pull it off the jhook, the wpa starts sliding out of the chamber instead of separating at the glass joint.

Do these orings wear out regularly? I don't think I pressed on the oring with any significant force.
I find If I tighten the ring that holds the O ring in place, it will squish the oring slightly out of round and hold the stem a little tighter. The opposite is also true, loosening the ring to make the oring hold the stem less tightly.
You might also try cleaning the oring with soap and water so that it has a better grip.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I’ve changed the stem oring once in 3.5 years. The CU orings I’ve swapped out a few times. Glass, as in stems, has variances and my stock TM short stems are not quite the same so I adjust the oring seal slightly when I swap out stems. Not too tight and not too loose when inserting it removing a stem - works for me. :peace:

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
I find If I tighten the ring that holds the O ring in place, it will squish the oring slightly out of round and hold the stem a little tighter. The opposite is also true, loosening the ring to make the oring hold the stem less tightly.
You might also try cleaning the oring with soap and water so that it has a better grip.
Right. I believe this is by design so the TM2 can adjust to slightly different stems.

Sto.Oned

1. You shouldn't be inhaling a vaporizer with broken glass. There could be tiny shards that you're inhaling, but probably too late for that. Additionally you're now directly heating and inhaling the surrounding wood, may or may not be great to do health wise.

2. Just remove the orings, unscrew everything and soak the cooling unit in rubbing alcohol. After sitting for a few hours rinse with warm water.
Hi, thank you so much.
1-that shocked me. Mostly because I already asked that to the producer and he told me that there would be no problem in keep using it with broken glass (without missing pieces). So it's weird that you are so sure about the danger. I can agree with small glass pieces, but are you sure about wood? Even if it's broken, there's still all the glass that prevent the tm wood to overheat, isn't it? Anyway I'll change it right now. Did you know or create a simple cover that avoid shocks? Because it's so easy to let it fall or broken glass again (happened also this morning 😂💔)
2-wonderful! Does this alcohol completely remove also all the sticky from metal, also in parts hidden inside and close to each other? Seems miracolous 😁 also if I need to use at least 10-20 ml every time I think. Hope to find rubbing alcohol easily in Thailand..
3- is it tm2 really better than tm?
From first feed of 4-6 months ago it doesn't seems a big change, but I didn't get much deep into that.
I only know that there should be better flavor and the glass should hardly brake.

Sto.Oned,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
2-wonderful! Does this alcohol completely remove also all the sticky from metal, also in parts hidden inside and close to each other? Seems miracolous 😁 also if I need to use at least 10-20 ml every time I think. Hope to find rubbing alcohol easily in Thailand..
Isopropyl alcohol works well or grain alcohol (I think Everclear is a brand, I don’t recall, which I bought once at the beginning of the Covid pandemic since ISO was not available then) works too. Let things soak for a bit, perhaps gently agitating parts, and then rinse with hot water and let dry. That should work.

From many on here, the TM2 seems to work as well or it not better than the TM.I don’t have a TM2 (yet); I’ve had my TM for 3.5 years and it works extremely well - and it’s my fave vape. Love it! Cheers. :peace:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Thanks guys. I pulled the o ring out, cleaned it and put it back in. It's still not as snug as before, but at least there is some resistance now. I snugged the metal ring down and don't want to force it any further. I might just swap out the o ring and see if it improves the fit. If I recall, they include an extra in the box.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Photonic

gangababa

Oh! That O-ring.
True, O-rings can wear out. I just replaced one that deformed and refused to reform, kept turning into a 'figure 8'.
True, glass stems can vary such that two stems can be very different.

Nominally we are talking about a 16mm diameter stem and a reported 15.2 mm ID O-ring (20 mm OD, 2.4mm thick).
With an OEM stem, the ring need not be tightened much; just enough securely hold and not loosen.

I put the O-ring in place, start the lock ring and then push a finger in like a stem and twist to finger torque tightness.
The stems push in with some resistance but no struggle and the TM can be held up by the stem without separating, so no air leakage.

I have also found a 2mm thick O-ring works (16mm ID, 20mm) but does require a bit more torque to lightly compress the ring.
Also, at times the stem used here is Tinymight, titanium, Chinese, Octo-taster or Upline Gra, so stem variation may be aver-rated.

Momor

I have just bought another TM2, I notice that the electrical board is black in this one my old one was green? Have revisions been made I seem to be getting a more even extraction with the new unit too?
My TM2 recently went back to Finland because of a broken bouton contact and in emails exchanges TM team told me that a had a new board installed (I didn't check under the hood yet though).
I think they changed the board in order to mount the vibration motor right on it instead on being mounted on the bottom plate and just making contact with the board (that caused contacts problems and/or vibrations not working because the motor could be dislodged from its housing).

I love the upgrades on my TM2 but prefer to use my OG TM for out and about as it's smaller. It's quite old (preordered November 2019 IIRC) so I don't really care of its aesthetic. I bring it everywhere and it underwent a few substantial falls without damages. I'm certainly lucky but for me the TM/TM2 is not as fragile as a lot of people seem to think/fear.

budski

cantre member
stock glass and cooling unit were ok, figured I had some dialing in to do. Tried the titanium tube with potv dimpled glass inserted half way for cooling, dropped a gold ALP cap in the oven, (a bit loose but adds some conduction) insert tube to trap the cap, and it tasted just like my steampunk with a V8 under the hood!! aint ever had a flower hit that kicked me like that, that wasn't though water!
Don't think I'll be needing a venty for the extra $100.
maybe this'll keep the VAS at bay through the holidays so I can afford to buy presents, a couple smokers I know will be getting a lightly used vape.
:science:

Last edited:

Sto.Oned

Guys how you prevent damage for tm? Because the glass inside can easily brake.
There have to be an easy fix to avoid it (like a cover)

Sto.Oned,

budski

cantre member
Guys how you prevent damage for tm? Because the glass inside can easily brake.
There have to be an easy fix to avoid it (like a cover)

Delta 3D Studios​

https://delta3dstudios.com/tinymight2-slim-case/

20220926_084505__10773.1670537867.1280.1280.png

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
Anyone used one of these? Stems with marbles and stems with terp pills? I've only used the stock stem so wondering how other stems compare.
Here are two examples, how is the cooling with these?

iu

iu

iu

And compared to this, with dimples? Just couldn't find much info about their performance

oh btw I'm not really considering these specifically, just found them as examples
Thanks

Tellus,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Anyone used one of these? Stems with marbles and stems with terp pills? I've only used the stock stem so wondering how other stems compare.
Here are two examples, how is the cooling with these?
If you search backwards you can see many reviews of these aftermarket stems.

I have a few that use boro beads for cooling. They work great! My GVB baller stem is amazing at cooling. I also like the Milliken Wood Works stem that has a bunch of little balls for cooling. It's a bit more restricted and wood, but it's fantastic for the size.

Many people are balls to their CUs, or their stock stems with screens. No matter how, I much prefer glass cooling to the stock CU.

I think your bottom picture is of the TM 3D stem. I'm not a fan of that one. It only cools okay and I despise the mouthpiece. Some people love it. I think a WPA and j-hook is better and often smaller.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Just a reminder that these are great with the TM. I tend to use water at home, but when I'm out, this is the way I roll. I tend to go with the cheap Chinese version, but there are much higher quality ones out there from OGB and others.
TM-w-Jhook.jpg

Top Bottom