TinyMight / TM 2

kiddvudu2

@RustyOldNail or anybody else have an opinion on leaving batteries in the XTAR chargers after they have topped off? Is it smart enough to not impact the overall battery life?

Last edited:
kiddvudu2,

GoldenBud

@RustyOldNail or anybody else have an opinion on leaving batteries in the XTAR chargers after they have topped off? Is it smart enough to not impact the overall battery life?
I try not to leave it there, but it happend few times and my P26A still going strong after a year..
If it's possible, the best thing to do with these kind of batteries is to stop charging them before 95%.. but it's negligible probably

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

That really depends on the CHARGER, but most recommend removing the batteries when the charge cycle is finished.
Some may initiate a “trickle charge”, as the battery voltage drops slowly while sitting in the charger. While it won’t ruin them, it’s not best practice.

bardad

Hello,
is there something wrong if i only charge via tm2?
is it slower or does it destroy the battery more or does it endanger the tm2 itself or does it charge harder?
thanks david

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Hello,
is it slower or does it destroy the battery more or does it endanger the tm2 itself or does it charge harder?
thanks david

Ideal is external. It's one of many variables that determine long term battery quality. I bought one because of this years ago and it's serving me well, so for me it's worth the investment. But if I didn't have one I wouldn't worry about it either.

Zipford

Hello,
thanks david
I don't think there is anything wrong with charging internally in terms of battery damage, it is more about convenience because the battery needs frequent charging. I don't know the charging rate and whether it is slower, but with an external charger you can typically choose how quickly you will charge. Also, I'm not sure whether you can use the device while charging the battery.

But those things aside, I think it is completely fine to charge the battery internally via the USB-C port.

RustyOldNail

My TM V1 OG, charges at 2amps (using USB meter).
That’s considered a “Fast” charge for an 18650 battery, it’s within most battery specification sheets.
BUT, the body of my TM V1 gets a bit too hot in my opinion, measuring by my palm.
That’s because the battery is TOO CONTAINED or sealed inside the wood body.
On an external charger, the batteries are AIR COOLED, and a quality charger has other safety features, you don’t normally get on most devices.
Most of my electronic devices that allow on board charging have a MAXIMUM charge rate of 1amp, I believe the TM maker wanted to offer a FAST charge, so less complaints, but I choose NOT to internally charge on my TM, due to the added trapped heat, not good for a battery, and perhaps the device itself.
Now you can make an informed decision…..

bardad

please, I'm asking like an idiot, and is it okay not to charge until completely discharged, but to continuously charge, for example at the end of the day, when the battery is half or three-quarters full? thanks

RustyOldNail

please, I'm asking like an idiot, and is it okay not to charge until completely discharged, but to continuously charge, for example at the end of the day, when the battery is half or three-quarters full? thanks

Lithium batteries have no memory effect. I charge mine at any voltage, but usually try and wait till I have 3-4 to run on my 4-Bay charger. Batteries are consumables, just by new ones when needed. You can get as OCD as you like, if you really want to potentially milk out some negligible longer life, not worth it in my opinion.

Most of my charging is with an external charger, but I have a few devices that it’s best not to keep opening them due to threading issues, so on those, I just TOP OFF charge in the device, not concerned what the charge level is, but NEVER UNATTENDED!

Just use your batteries SAFELY, and ENJOY…..

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Once my unit only buzzes twice, that's when I switch out the battery and start recharging. I charge externally and leave a light on next to the charger, this way I know to unplug it before going to bed. I hate having the battery die in the middle of a session.

kryptic_dusk

Does anyone know where to get beefier o rings for the cooling unit? For some reason my cooling unit slides straight through the Ti stem. This essentially makes the stem useless. Id love to be able to use the Ti stem; the cooling unit fits the small glass stem perfectly. I know there are 2 sized o rings in the bag but I have tried every combo of o ring and still have the same problem. Can someone lead me to a slightly larger o ring that will still fit around the cooling unit and still be safe in the exposed heat?

CloudForestWoodcraft

Insta: CloudForestWoodcraft
Accessory Maker
2703661-E-66-B3-4-FAE-9211-63565-BE63554.jpg
Can we take a min to talk about wood?

I see so many ppl buying cocobolo stems for the TM - pretty much everything I’ve read says cocobolo and the rosewood family in general is toxic (cocobolo being one of the worst in the family).

Can anyone share some knowledge on this?

GoldenBud

I see so many ppl buying cocobolo stems for the TM - pretty much everything I’ve read says cocobolo and the rosewood family in general is toxic (cocobolo being one of the worst in the family).

hmmmm...
how do you know that this table is for DRY woods? he makes bowls from very dry, kinda very processed cocobolo wood, even? like, it's not like the cocobolo in nature

you will not have dust if you clean it before first use.... I like the cocobolo wpa and it doesn't give me any reaction.

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Grass Yes

stuey

am actually surprised h

A lot of this is to do with the dust partials so its more of an issue for those working in the with the material during manufacturing rather than it being a hazard to the end user. Anyone who has been in wood manufacturing workshop will know that we aren't really talking about a few specs of dust, you can shovel it, you can smell it, the air (unless properly filtered) is full of it. So I really wouldn't be worried about the changes of inhaling a few particles form the end product vape. Its more of a concern for those involved in making the things in the first place!

Think of it like this, would you be worried about the potential hazards of sitting and eating at a wooden dinner table? I doubt it would even cross your mind.

However that same dinner table would pose a possible health hazard to the people involved in making it (and the other 10,000 identical ones made in the same factory) and information like this becomes very relevant to their health and safety practices.

CloudForestWoodcraft

Insta: CloudForestWoodcraft
Accessory Maker
A lot of this is to do with the dust partials so its more of an issue for those working in the with the material during manufacturing rather than it being a hazard to the end user. Anyone who has been in wood manufacturing workshop will know that we aren't really talking about a few specs of dust, you can shovel it, you can smell it, the air (unless properly filtered) is full of it. So I really wouldn't be worried about the changes of inhaling a few particles form the end product vape. Its more of a concern for those involved in making the things in the first place!

Think of it like this, would you be worried about the potential hazards of sitting and eating at a wooden dinner table? I doubt it would even cross your mind.

However that same dinner table would pose a possible health hazard to the people involved in making it (and the other 10,000 identical ones made in the same factory) and information like this becomes very relevant to their health and safety practices.

It looks like in addition to dust, the oils rosewoods release are what can cause skin (lung) irritation.

But like you guys mentioned, if the wood is dry and stabilized, maybe that’s a moot point.

The whole thing started cuz I turned a cocobolo bowl for myself and a few ppl told me absolutely not to use it - which I thought was weird cuz again I see so much made of cocobolo in the cannabis space.

Anyways, I posted on a cannabis friendly woodworking group and same feedback. Most ppl said they stay away from anything other than fruit woods if they’re inhaling through it.

Now I have this nice cocobolo bowl and a little worried to use it and obviously got me thinking about all the coco Tinymight stems ppl are using 😅

B814-D772-1504-4-FAD-A03-A-37-EAE1-C3-A8-F5.jpg

6-C6-F86-D6-2-CB0-4-D5-F-A929-4-C7-EA2187-DED.jpg

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Think of it like this, would you be worried about the potential hazards of sitting and eating at a wooden dinner table?
You don't heat up your dinner table and suck the fumes it may or may not release straight into your body, so there's a difference.
And the info is not only for bigger manufacturing safety. Individuals respond in varying degrees. I've seen people react while working on a single, small project.
And I've shoveled a lot of sawdust, btw!

Yes, dust was involved, but the reactions can be dramatic, to respiratory system (cedar, redwood for example) or skin.

I don't want to be alarmist, but I'd be cautious about the wood if it's going be subject to high heat. Of course ymmv.

Top Bottom