TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm in the market for a strong portable for flower and it's currently between the TM and the Mighty. I looked back a few pages and didn't see any info on how often TM is stocking the OG model, so I sent them an email. I can't swing the coin on the TM2 right now.

I've watched a lot of reviews and comparisons between the TM and Mighty, and spent a lot of time worring about which is cooler on the throat as this is an issue for me.

I am mostly a rosin/live resin user, but like using flower every now and then. The occasional flower high hits me hard since my tolerance for it is often low. I can get higher from a small flower bowl than a big ol dab sometimes.

In the end, I think the TM wins out because it is so much easier to use with a bubbler/wpa compared to the Mighty.

Good to have you here my dude! Yeah I think TM with cooling unit stock setup is a different experience, and obviously way too different, being fast pure convection on demand with stem chamber and vapor path, compared to slow session conduction mighty anyway, but using plain WPA (the 18 mm from the TM site or another one, because the 14 and 3 and 3in1 have glass screen) with steel mesh basket screen through hook or other dry glass is amazing milking the lower temp settings with the TM!

And the aftermarket cooling stem offerings have gotten fantastic! Just got my high artisan pill stem and good vibes pearl stems, very nice so far though I need to test them all... (Mine were pricier because I can't resist the colors though they are much cheaper when all clear)
PXL-20221008-220018703.jpg

These color stems are thicker glass, narrower inner diameter, still a nice basket screen load though!
PXL-20221008-220336605.jpg

DaVapeGuy

I'm in the market for a strong portable for flower and it's currently between the TM and the Mighty. I looked back a few pages and didn't see any info on how often TM is stocking the OG model, so I sent them an email. I can't swing the coin on the TM2 right now.

I've watched a lot of reviews and comparisons between the TM and Mighty, and spent a lot of time worring about which is cooler on the throat as this is an issue for me.

I am mostly a rosin/live resin user, but like using flower every now and then. The occasional flower high hits me hard since my tolerance for it is often low. I can get higher from a small flower bowl than a big ol dab sometimes.

In the end, I think the TM wins out because it is so much easier to use with a bubbler/wpa compared to the Mighty.
You're in a TM thread with 720 pages, what do you think people will recommend here?

RedZep

The session mode, is a misnomer, all it means is, that the button is being held down automatically for you, essentially, you are still using pure convection heating, the issue is you cannot clear the heat, so you keep inhaling and vapor keeps coming, so if you stop and hailing there will be residual vapor unless you turn off the device... on demand mode is preferable imo, more proper style
Thanks SS. This residual vapour, is it harmful to the device in some way?

I'm only using session for bongs/J-Hooks.

I actually prefer that it's not a true session vape. Hate that anxiety of knowing your bud is vaping itself without you.

Having said that, I have a guest staying with me this week, so the TM is going away, and it will be Volcano Hybrid in session mode all week. I will be desperate to get the TM out again once my guest leaves.

Shit Snacks

Thanks SS. This residual vapour, is it harmful to the device in some way?

Shouldn't be, more of a personal preference, OCD for keeping the device as pristine as possible (like taking my first hits upside down to seat the load in the stem before flipping TM right side up)

I'm only using session for bongs/J-Hooks.

But yeah, theoretically, if the TM is upside down especially, take a hit in session mode, if you do not remove the stem from the TM to clear the hit, how can you possibly clear the vapor, when you stop inhaling there will still be residual vapor, which could flow back up in and condense over the heating element or other areas that you cannot access to clean... If it is right side up, theoretically it might only be in the glass stem which is not a big deal, but I personally don't like the thought of risking it lol this is why I am always turning it off to clear my hit in session mode, but it is nice to not have to hold the button down during my hit, I watch the vapor fill and I know when to turn the TM off and continue inhaling to fully clear... The alternative is pulling the TM off of the stem itself, which can be tricky if it is a tight fit o-ring on the WPA, but not impossible?

I actually prefer that it's not a true session vape. Hate that anxiety of knowing your bud is vaping itself without you.

Haha exactly, the old quick puffing, even if you are coughing, because you're afraid to waste, with on demand vaping you never need to worry about that! You can use it for a nice leisurely session, I am puffing on the bowl above across nearly an hour now and only taken four hits, halfway through my bowl only just hit level three lol Yeah so I am just avoiding anxiety of having a dirty vape, I should be more relaxed about it, since so many parts are cleanable, and I have spare, like I might be able to do it with a different TM to have one for those situations but I have adapted the way I use it to match.

Having said that, I have a guest staying with me this week, so the TM is going away, and it will be Volcano Hybrid in session mode all week. I will be desperate to get the TM out again once my guest leaves.

Haha yes this is the way, if not a spare TM, a spare vape that is better to share with company, been a while since I've had this need, I feel like I am well stocked to do it, but it will still be a struggle for me to share any relaxed trusting with inexperienced friends... May just have to give them dabs lol (my roommate uses fierce vape of mine because it is easier with the session style digital temp control, I should loan him my TM1 instead, but I still am too precious with it??)

vapeape77

Good to have you here my dude! Yeah I think TM with cooling unit stock setup is a different experience, and obviously way too different, being fast pure convection on demand with stem chamber and vapor path, compared to slow session conduction mighty anyway, but using plain WPA (the 18 mm from the TM site or another one, because the 14 and 3 and 3in1 have glass screen) with steel mesh basket screen through hook or other dry glass is amazing milking the lower temp settings with the TM!

And the aftermarket cooling stem offerings have gotten fantastic! Just got my high artisan pill stem and good vibes pearl stems, very nice so far though I need to test them all... (Mine were pricier because I can't resist the colors though they are much cheaper when all clear)
PXL-20221008-220018703.jpg

These color stems are thicker glass, narrower inner diameter, still a nice basket screen load though!
PXL-20221008-220336605.jpg
Lol I’d probably be too tempted on a early boring morning to use that stem as a one hitting for smoking so I will pass, but very cool looking

RedZep

Shouldn't be, more of a personal preference, OCD for keeping the device as pristine as possible (like taking my first hits upside down to seat the load in the stem before flipping TM right side up)

But yeah, theoretically, if the TM is upside down especially, take a hit in session mode, if you do not remove the stem from the TM to clear the hit, how can you possibly clear the vapor, when you stop inhaling there will still be residual vapor, which could flow back up in and condense over the heating element or other areas that you cannot access to clean... If it is right side up, theoretically it might only be in the glass stem which is not a big deal, but I personally don't like the thought of risking it lol this is why I am always turning it off to clear my hit in session mode, but it is nice to not have to hold the button down during my hit, I watch the vapor fill and I know when to turn the TM off and continue inhaling to fully clear... The alternative is pulling the TM off of the stem itself, which can be tricky if it is a tight fit o-ring on the WPA, but not impossible?

Haha exactly, the old quick puffing, even if you are coughing, because you're afraid to waste, with on demand vaping you never need to worry about that! You can use it for a nice leisurely session, I am puffing on the bowl above across nearly an hour now and only taken four hits, halfway through my bowl only just hit level three lol Yeah so I am just avoiding anxiety of having a dirty vape, I should be more relaxed about it, since so many parts are cleanable, and I have spare, like I might be able to do it with a different TM to have one for those situations but I have adapted the way I use it to match.

Haha yes this is the way, if not a spare TM, a spare vape that is better to share with company, been a while since I've had this need, I feel like I am well stocked to do it, but it will still be a struggle for me to share any relaxed trusting with inexperienced friends... May just have to give them dabs lol (my roommate uses fierce vape of mine because it is easier with the session style digital temp control, I should loan him my TM1 instead, but I still am too precious with it??)
Thanks for the detailed answers. I may adopt your method myself. I can see the value.

I feel like TM is the definition of a vape that is risky to pass round. Don't want it dropped, don't want sticky hands on the beautiful wood, don't want to get frustrated teaching optimal draw speed.

The TM/2 is the private reserve vape. It's for connoisseurs only

MoltenTiger

Today I had a surprise! :D
My TM2 it's beutifull...:bowdown:Thanks Ville!;)

I love the wood grains... they work like a hologram ...they change with the movement or lighting position.
Look at the third photo, it looks like there's a silhouette of a woman :brow:...do you see the same as me??...lol

20221008-172914-1.jpg

20221008-172940.jpg

20221008-172927-1.jpg
Mint! Love the exhaust tip look. And those wavy grains, jackpot 🤑

I might have to have a few tokes before I see the lady figure mind you haha

I think TM is a great choice. People have been recommending it to me for a while, and I do partly regret not jumping on board much sooner.

The TM2 feature that swung me the hardest was the knurled battery plug, as the TM1 style reminded me of my old Apple keyboard, which was a small pain to change the batteries on. However I knew I would be swapping the battery potentially multiple times everyday with the TM so, the plug difference was the main thing I figured I would benefit from.
Otherwise, the advantage is that it is made to be more robust, but I think it would be fairly easy in your position to keep it safe and also not require frequent battery swaps, maybe even charge in-device.

I don't have a TM1 so it's hard to really compare, but unless there is some significant difference to the heater core, which I don't think is the case, I think the TM1 is still a very viable option considering it is quite a bit cheaper, the value is much better. However it is still a fair investment, and so that's why I wound up waiting for the TM2, the extra features for me were worth the additional premium. Luckily it was a very short wait for me. I've found it is worth investing in these things, and would be much more comfortable opting for a model with better service history, better adaptability and top tier performance. I think you are right to choose TM over Mighty, but do consider that you will probably want to source additional cooling devices. If a WPA is the goal, look no further and jump on board IMO.

keeping the device as pristine as possible
Really loving the ability to take apart the chamber. Unscrew the threaded ring, remove o-ring, remove SS barrel from glass tube above heater assembly.
Considering I managed to combust again last night, obviously one part hotter calibration [factory] and two parts repetative hits that eventually got the chamber a few degrees beyond the limit. It was a very marginal smouldering, but still stinks and I have spent some of the morning cleaning all my glass rigs and WPA, plus took apart the TM2 as above and wiped it all down. Super quick and easy and the results are good.
Loving this thing, it's so well thought out.

it really does look like a one hitter
It can be a one hitter with the TM2 if you want, which is far superior to gross combustion.

The last photo I uploaded of my SoL tube was a one hit, 24 seconds. Second toke yielded sfa and the chamber was very roasted, but that was all vapour baby. Hit's hard and lingers. One hitting such a small bowl with the archaic flame, there's so much waste it tastes like crap, wears off in an hour and never gets ya there to begin with. Fuck combustion!

Last edited:

Zipford

NEVERMIND: just shimmed the strip under the top cap and it's back in business!! Leaving the below in case the symptoms help someone else.

So I dropped my OG TM 1.2 a few weeks ago, breaking both my stem and the top glass sheath. I replaced the glass sheath but it didn't seem to be providing as much vapor. I then took a t-break for three weeks. Today I took a look and realized the top glass sheath was not snug to the o-ring, so I added a second o-ring which sealed that up.

Now, however, I noticed that I get my "ready to go" buzz much quicker than before, and I need to turn up the dial to get decent vapor. Even on 9, it says it is ready much quicker than before. Any idea what this might be?

My best guess is that it got knocked out of calibration when I dropped it, so maybe if I calibrate it a step higher that would fix this? But that doesn't explain the quicker heat-up buzz, which is more of a concern (because it is odd and I've never heard of someone else experiencing this).

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

So I dropped my OG TM 1.2 a few weeks ago, breaking both my stem and the top glass sheath. I replaced the glass sheath but it didn't seem to be providing as much vapor. I then took a t-break for three weeks. Today I took a look and realized the top glass sheath was not snug to the o-ring, so I added a second o-ring which sealed that up.

Now, however, I noticed that I get my "ready to go" buzz much quicker than before, and I need to turn up the dial to get decent vapor. Even on 9, it says it is ready much quicker than before. Any idea what this might be?

My best guess is that it got knocked out of calibration when I dropped it, so maybe if I calibrate it a step higher that would fix this? But that doesn't explain the quicker heat-up buzz, which is more of a concern (because it is odd and I've never heard of someone else experiencing this).
Can only guess, but perhaps the heater coil has shifted, shorted or been damaged by gforce. Maybe the resistance has changed, and the device is now out of calibration. Given you can recalibrate, I think I would try this, but ultimately it might be a case where talking to the manuf is a good idea. It might need RMA, and it sounds like there is a good turn around with that at least. Of course if you can recalibrate it and get expected performance than you save yourself that hassle. It might be worth a try, maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

What was the process with replacing the glass sheath? Did you buy it from a retailer or?

MoltenTiger,
Reactions: Elfstone

badbee

@BabyFacedFinster , detailed comparisons between vapes aren't allowed in the main thread for a vape because it leads to endless argument and derails the thread. You will find comparisons between the TM and various other vapes here in the AskFC forum: https://fuckcombustion.com/forums/ask-fc.9/ . Availability of the TM1 is not really known at this time as the maker is still struggling to fill the pipeline with the new model. He said that he plans to keep selling the TM1 (why I don't know).

Shit Snacks

Indeed and that stinky smell would never get cleaned away….
Honestly it really does look like a one hitter. I can get over it…. Mind over matter!

I don't really understand this perspective at all, doesn't any glass stem look like a one-hitter? The titanium stems?? With any other vape too...? That is part of the appeal of stem based pure convection on demand really (and by the way these stems wouldn't do much for smoking, the whole point of these pearls is that they cool the vapor, they are specifically designed for vaping with these devices only), just seems like an odd thing to say on fuck combustion :whip:

Screenshot-20221008-181726.png

I am using the other stem now, also working great, such smooth hits with these, the balance of air flow and cooling is pretty perfect (I can see how it is different from the high artisan stems which have much more open spike pinches aside from pearls versus pills, will try that one next though of course)

PXL-20221009-002214858.jpg

Last edited:

vapeape77

I don't really understand this perspective at all, doesn't any glass stem look like a one-hitter? The titanium stems?? With any other vape too...? That is part of the appeal of stem based pure convection on demand really (and by the way these stems wouldn't do much for smoking, the whole point of these pearls is that they cool the vapor, they are specifically designed for vaping with these devices, just seems like an odd thing to say on fuck combustion :whip:

PXL-20221009-001512081.jpg

I am using the other stem now, also working great, such smooth hits with these, the balance of air flow and cooling is pretty perfect (I can see how it is different from the high artisan stems which have much more open spike pinches aside from pearls versus pills, will try that one next)

All good man… not trying to cause a storm. Lol we all aren’t saints here….

Btw the temptation is real for many just because you are over smoking doesn’t mean we all are, I mean look at it, it’s the exact same look as a one hit taster man

Shit Snacks

All good man… not trying to cause a storm. Lol we all aren’t saints here….

Btw the temptation is real for many just because you are over smoking

Sorry, wasn't trying to ruffle, I know I am a snob, but my main point was, why does this stem in particular make you feel that way lol

PXL-20221009-012130802.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Because it looks like a Grav labs one hitter, just saying… people like me who are weak it’s a real fucking temptation and reminder of the real thing…

You don't feel that way with the stock TM stems though?? Yeah there are people here who use the GRAV one hitters as stems, I think it is a huge part of the appeal for these type of vapes as I said, like for me I really liked those chillums, but I hate smoking, so this gives me that feel, using them here, only more enjoyably for me with great vapor...
:hmm::2c: :shrug::peace::rockon::cheers::spliff:

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I don't really understand this perspective at all, doesn't any glass stem look like a one-hitter? The titanium stems?? With any other vape too...? That is part of the appeal of stem based pure convection on demand really (and by the way these stems wouldn't do much for smoking, the whole point of these pearls is that they cool the vapor, they are specifically designed for vaping with these devices only), just seems like an odd thing to say on fuck combustion :whip:

Screenshot-20221008-181726.png

I am using the other stem now, also working great, such smooth hits with these, the balance of air flow and cooling is pretty perfect (I can see how it is different from the high artisan stems which have much more open spike pinches aside from pearls versus pills, will try that one next though of course)

Oh yeah, I'd have to get me one of those pill stems. Love that thicker glass too! The ice stem for my enano looks to have the same tech and it does cool very well. I would also go with a 14mm wpa as it matches most of my glass. I thought those 3 in 1's were great at first, until I noticed the restriction.

The TM2 is tempting, but I'm also banking on the Proxy to drop in price around black friday and need the cash to fund that little fucker. I'm more of a hash rosin junkie most of the time. I'll see what TM says about the next restocking on the OG.

Last edited:

vapeape77

You don't feel that way with the stock TM stems though?? Yeah there are people here who use the GRAV one hitters as stems, I think it is a huge part of the appeal for these type of vapes as I said, like for me I really liked those chillums, but I hate smoking, so this gives me that feel, using them here, only more enjoyably for me with great vapor...
:hmm::2c: :shrug::peace::rockon::cheers::spliff:
I don’t have a TM, waiting for my TM2. Like I said all good I can get over the look, will take some kind of mind power….

Shit Snacks

Oh yeah, I'd have to get me one of those pill stems. The ice stem for my enano looks to have the same tech and it does cool very well.

Yeah, it is just like that, you can get one pretty much exactly like the nano ice stem from Good Vibes, the same size of clear balls even the same amount and same length with a taper mouthpiece too...

I would also go with a 14mm wpa as it matches most of my glass. I thought those 3 in 1's were great at first, until I noticed the restriction.

Yeah, so the 14, also has glass honeycomb screen like the 3in1, which can be a good thing, especially if you like a chunky grind and want to use it dry through a hook to savor flavors... However I find it a bit limiting, and prefer a bit more open space with a basket screen (I use backwards RBT splinter stems usually as WPA for 18 mm and always have reducer dropdowns available with everything and variety of hooks/coolers) so for a 14 mm WPA I have a great one from Alan@toasty-top.com if you email him, he has basket screens for them too, they can fit log vapes, but it is the perfect TM-14-WPA can be made any length too!

The TM2 is tempting, but I'm also banking on the Proxy to drop in price around black friday and need the cash to fund that little fucker. I'm more of a hash rosin junkie most of the time. I'll see what TM says about the next restocking on the OG.

Honestly, I wish the TM2 had a lower priced option, that came with just a WPA, perhaps the 18 WPA (which has no glass honeycomb screen you can have a bit more basket screen freedom) and the 14 (or 3in1?) with the glass honeycomb screen... instead of titanium stem, even quartz stem and cooling unit?!? That would be a much better value perhaps, and fit more with my own needs and recommendations with this one... Because honestly the TM2 is all around better, not that I found the TM1 too lacking especially when it comes to practical performance and effective versatility of course!

Yeah I know you rely on your concentrates more, so you need to prioritize, erigs never feel worth it to me, dabbing is much more sporadic for me, and I prefer the simplicity of the torch with quartz banger though I have some erig options that offer mixed satisfaction, I actually have dabbed with the TM and some steel mesh concentrate pads, with other material perhaps would be better, but it definitely works for pure convection dabbing too!

I don’t have a TM, waiting for my TM2. Like I said all good I can get over the look, will take some kind of mind power….

Yeah all good my dude, I understand a bit better now, wishing you much luck with that as these aftermarket stems are really fantastic imo

Shit Snacks

Screenshot-20221008-192641.png

Trying the High Artisan four pill stem now, definitely a different experience, much more open air flow, too much for me I think, a little less cooling obstruction, but nice unique conditioning path for great flavor... Probably will use it with the Rogue mouthpiece more

Top Bottom