All glass TM stems and others that fit OG fit the TM2.@Djsleepy the TM1 stems fit the same in TM2? I hope the tolerance is identical for backward compatibility. Just ordered some Ed’s stems.
Is that new stir tool feeling useful, and does it store snugly in the unit? Sometimes upgrades address things that weren’t problems in the first place for some (Dyna captive caps cough cough lol)
Does the power button feel any different (crisp/mushy)? It never bothered me much but Sneaky Pete mentions it a lot so I’m curious If this was addressed.
Anything you can share about the new wood finish options?
It’s not just a stir tool ( when I say stir I mean debowle) it also can adjust CU and acts as battery indicator which is super cool. There are small holes all the way around top of tool that let thru light showing battery level. As some wondered it is NOT too bright unless you remove the tool then it is bright.
Power button solid looseness gone.
Wood options are being kept secret for now to avoid counterfeiters getting ahead of game.
1. Yes and there is now an indicator on battery cap which way battery goes in case you forget.@Djsleepy
1. Does the battery go in the opposite direction now?
2. Do you know if there is reverse polarity protection (don't try it, just curious if you knew)?
3. George mentioned that they upgraded the heater screen for more even avb (7:10). Can you see a difference between the two?
2. Yes reverse protection
3. Yes the new screen keeps out all debris from getting to the heater and the way holes are laid out they help abv to be more even across the stem. Yes this make a huge difference as it seems to extract more fully.
No change to heating element but new stem screen (which helps funnel air more evenly) and addressing all possible areas that might leak air have made a huge difference between OG and TM2 in my opinion.Hey dj, please clarify more. Apart from higher temp setting, as George revealed, how does v2 hits harder than updated v1? I suppose the diameter of the heating element remains the same, is there any other improvement?
Most cables should work.I'm very interested in hearing about this new wood, if you can share how it looks or what it is. That's gonna be a non-trivial draw for me, since I'm not keen on the oak (no offense to oak lovers).
Gosh, and USB-C! Can you charge it with any USB-C cable, or only USB-C-to-USB-A? (I'm expecting the latter, as it seems to be common with USB-C vapes, but at the TM's price-point I do hope for proper USB-C ).