TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
watch 23:08.

Oh haha so it was near the end really! I still don't understand how that light is going to help you with battery level? It's only one color... I don't know to me that is a literally useless little change, shouldn't make any kind of difference practically negative or positive, I suppose it is useful though if the light is not bleeding out everywhere, it is only coming out a little bit on the bottom and a little bit on the top, that is good, because now it's like easy to tell when the LED is on regardless lol I rely on the haptics more

Dr. G

Old Resident
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Tinymight 2! I love the improvements! I love that there will be a different wood! I love the stir tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes..the little things that will make it more mighty! I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, Tinymight 2, a Nomad, a Vapman and the occational MiniVap...life is good. No pain.

checkyourlibido

What would have been cool, an upgrade to 21700. With a thicker battery both sides of the vape would have been more even.
With the shape of my TM, I thought for sure the next iteration might be a 21700. Way better capacity and the vape would be more even, to me, just as pocketable.

I see no downsides to using the 21700 as it's newer and higher capacity, with just a marginal size difference.

checkyourlibido,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Zipford

Can someone explain how to use the LED to determine the battery level? Like Shit Snacks, I've only ever used the haptic feedback, and wasn't even aware the LED somehow indicated battery level. I even re-read the instructions it came with, don't see anything on that. Maybe that's a new feature?

The video makes it seem like you can now see the light without turning it upside down to make sure it's on? Not sure how high folks are getting, but the way mine leaks light from the top and bottom, I've never had that problem.

Shit Snacks

I see no downsides to using the 21700 as it's newer and higher capacity, with just a marginal size difference.

I don't know why I didn't realize, it would make the whole thing narrower, I thought fatter haha, but it would make it a bit taller? The downside is having to buy new batteries that work with one device, when I already have a ton of 18650 that work with the TM and many other portables I use is all

jasp3r

I don't know why I didn't realize, it would make the whole thing narrower, I thought fatter haha, but it would make it a bit taller? The downside is having to buy new batteries that work with one device, when I already have a ton of 18650 that work with the TM and many other portables I use is all
Exactly. People would've been upset if they changed batteries or stems. Good thing they kept both!

checkyourlibido

Ah, I'm so bad at communicating, lol. The 21700 is indeed bigger. I meant that it's only a small difference in size, but a huge increase in capacity.

21700 and 18650 refer to the physical size. For 18650, it’s an 18 mm diameter x 65 mm length. 21700 is 21 mm x 70 mm.

An extra 5 mm of length and 3 mm of diameter gives us 47% more volume. That’s a little more than 7,700 cubic mm of extra space. Here's the math:

3.14(9 x 9)(65) = 16,532 cubic mm

3.14(10.5 x 10.5)(70) = 24,233 cubic mm

Shit Snacks

Ah, I'm so bad at communicating, lol. The 21700 is indeed bigger. I meant that it's only a small difference in size, but a huge increase in capacity.

21700 and 18650 refer to the physical size. For 18650, it’s an 18 mm diameter x 65 mm length. 21700 is 21 mm x 70 mm.

An extra 5 mm of length and 3 mm of diameter gives us 47% more volume. That’s a little more than 7,700 cubic mm of extra space. Here's the math:

3.14(9 x 9)(65) = 16,532 cubic mm

3.14(10.5 x 10.5)(70) = 24,233 cubic mm

Yes I confused myself again, forgot that the battery side is narrower than the chamber side! So you are talking about making it thicker on the battery side lol

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
:peace:Doesn’t anyone work? I checked in to see some of the video and a prototype of a Tinymight 2. I’m drooling!

I was thinking about getting a backup unit anyway so seems reasonable to wait until then. Glad all my stems will still fit.
Ditto. A TM2 would make a great backup. And it’ll stand on its own too!

Do you really stir?
No. The stirring tool could be useful however. I never stir my TM.

New battery cover!! :love: Brilliant! A welcomed change from the original.

I haven’t watched the whole video yet. Soon. I do hope the battery is the same or the same sized cell is used.

Back to grilling! Will use my TM later to celebrate the imminent arrival of TM2!

clive_bob

Vapor again! Between either a battery change or using a different strain (I usually have several on hand) my TM stopped producing vapor. And the effect was noticeably less. I tried the old loosen the screw a bit )with the stem and battery removed, of course), tightened and, voila! - vapor again. Even from a semi extracted load. My TM was humming along well - ok, beyond better than well as usual :) - and then suddenly the vapor waned considerably. The screw routine works! All good again! Sunday salutations to all. :peace:
The power loss happens so gradually that I didn't notice even though I have had to perform the process a couple of times previously. Now I will keep my Torx wrench nearby and pay closer attention. Immediate improvement of vapor!

checkyourlibido

I stir, sometimes. When I'm on the go and want to pack a big bowl, I will stir it on the go. But it's far better with smaller loads and I don't stir the small loads.

checkyourlibido,
Reactions: Adobewan

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I’m on vacation 🥳. I still didn’t watch the whole video. Skip skip skip. But I don’t remember them saying how much it will cost.
No, he didn’t. I’m curious too and whether it’ll be near what the TM sells for or just a bit more. George mentioned nuts and bolts which was funny (nuts and washers, which Ive been doing without for almost a year and still using the short stock stem too).

The pick tool has holes on top to see light, and he said green but my TM only has red. I seldom turn it on or off upside down and just did to confirm I only had a red LED (I’ve had mine since early March ‘20). What does green indicate vs. red on the newer TMs? If there’s a difference that would be good to see the light those tiny holes, though perhaps not in bright daylight.

He said 18650 and do hope that’s true. Will a 21700 fit or even work in the TM2? That I’m not sure of. I like the 18650’s popularity and use for several vapes (nod to the P80 which I also have).

Oh that lovely battery door redesign! Simple yet effective and perhaps easier to use for some. It does protrude a bit but worth a less uniform surface design of the top plate.

The long stem may come with the TM2. I can’t remember the last time I used one in my TM, lol. There is however a lot to like about the TM2, just like the original! ;):peace:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Will a 21700 fit or even work in the TM2?

NO, as the reviewer stated it takes 18650’s. The numbers represent the dimensions.
18mm X 650mm
21mm X 700mm

21700 are being used in electric cars, and a few top end mods as they are superior. But a new and larger battery is now coming on the electric car scene, I don’t recall the exact specifications, but we will be seeing it in the vapor world soon.

tattooed

I take it dude didn't mention when they would be for sale? I watched damn near to the end and started skipping hoping to hear when.

tattooed,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I did not like the idea of 21700 batteries. Then I got the paramour mod, which I am currently using with the Iheat. I thought what the hell I'll give them ago.

It really is surprising how much longer they last - without much of a size difference. I was afraid they would not fit in my external charger (nitecore D20), however they fit fine.

The TM2 could have done what a lot of mods do. Provide a plastic sleeve so it can take both 18650 & 21700 batteries.

However I guess they know they don't need to do that much before people open their wallets.

Last edited:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I did not like the idea of 21700 batteries. Then I got the paramour mod, which I am currently using with the Iheat. I thought what the hell I'll give them ago.

It really is surprising how much longer they last - without much of a size difference. I was afraid they would not fit in my external charger (nitecore D20), however they fit fine.

The TM2 could have done what a lot of mods do. Provide a plastic sleeve so it can take both 18650 & 21700 batteries.

However I guess they know they don't need to do that much before people open their wallets.
I mean they can still do it. It’s still in beta it sounds like

Vapetrees,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I also wonder if there was any changes in the prototype that were not spoken about, to do with reliability.

Was it my imagination or was the screw at the bottom bigger?

oddjobold,
Top Bottom