TinyMight / TM 2

Zipford

There. are 2 email addresses. I just heard from him. Apparently, they actually work on weekends. My order came through for the accessories prior to his getting back to work.

With regard to my intermittent electronics problem with the unit shutting off. They did exactly what I expected
..they replaced the board. Considering my order number, looks to me that since December of 2021 when I ordered the unit, they have had a lot more orders. They are very busy which is a good thing.

I still don't know how they put that thing together lol. I am not bad fooling around with small electrictronics like the lasers I build with tiny drivers but I really couldn't figure out how to get the glass sleeve back in. Kind of like a puzzle!

I assume the board can also be removed. Some brave soul should make a video of the disassembly and reassembly of the unit.

But, does taking it apart void the warranty? Perhaps not. IDK.
I don't think taking the device apart at least to some extent would void the warranty, at least I've never heard of TM taking that position. It seems like some issues can be easily solved by opening it at least a little. But the board had a warning like "don't screw with this screw" printed on it, so I think there is probably a point at which you're likely to mess up the device, and if you do that despite the warning, not sure what TM would say.

I think the less you mess with it, the better.

andrew`124c41+

I don't think taking the device apart at least to some extent would void the warranty, at least I've never heard of TM taking that position. It seems like some issues can be easily solved by opening it at least a little. But the board had a warning like "don't screw with this screw" printed on it, so I think there is probably a point at which you're likely to mess up the device, and if you do that despite the warning, not sure what TM would say.

I think the less you mess with it, the better.
Don't screw with the screw lol. Very funny but probably true!

andrew`124c41+,
Reactions: Siebter

andrew`124c41+

I believe the worst case repair is like $70 if he viewed the damage as totally self inflicted, but I don't know of anyone he has charged that to at this point. He has been very generous on repairing everything sent to him so far as we know.
I agree. That is my impression. These days there is nothing one can buy on Amazon not made in China! I have no idea how big his operation is but offering a 10 year warranty on anything these days is unheard of! So, you have to give him credit.

I suspect at some point if he gets enough business in the US somebody will step up to the plate and become a US distributor which will cut down on shipping time and costs.

I was involved with a Russian manufacturer of a particular sophisticated knife sharpener. Eventually, a guy in Georgia became a distributor for him which was really helpful.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
New Tinymight...
Serial killer in the bottom plate...

PXL-20220427-195102511-2.jpg

andrew`124c41+

I received a bit of a surprise today...a UPS package I was not expecting. No international markings....yet, lo and behold, my repaired TM was in the box. The accessories unfortunately are being shipped separately. I assume they shipped it UPS since I sent it back sans battery.

I offered to pay shipping for my repair but he declined! They really stand by their warranty! I felt responsible for the parts falling out lol.

We are dealing with a really unique company that stands by their product and are always looking to improve it. I am not surprised some people have purchased two of them!

Last edited:

checkyourlibido

I'd like to be the one to say that you need not buy anything. I didn't when I got mine, and it's fine. Of course, if you plan to use a water device from the outset, you'll want to accommodate that. But if, like most I'd venture, you plan to use the device as is (at least at first), it comes with everything you need to enjoy it _thoroughly_. Things will break and wear out over time I suppose, but unless you're unbelievably unlucky, you have time before things start breaking. Someone recommended buying a 2nd cooling unit immediately. This I cannot see. The cooling unit is pure stainless steel. It's certainly not going to break. The only advantage of having a second one is that you can throw it in while you're cleaning the first — which takes all of 5 minutes.

So I'd say kick back and enjoy (chances are near certain you will) and see what you need then. Accessories take a while to arrive so when you think you may need them, plan ahead. For the record, the only thing I got extras of beforehand, and I didn't buy them through Tinymight, is batteries. About a week ago I ordered the extra O-ring pack for when I will eventually need it. I don't use a water device . And btw, the TM deserves every accolade. Enjoy, and good luck!
Does the TM have batteries included when you order new?

checkyourlibido,

andrew`124c41+

I got mine yesterday! 1057x. I’m loving it! Nice to have improved board and woodwork also. I had one a couple of years ago but I sold it because I needed money. This one I’ll keep no matter what.

Do I need to use specific inhale technique with this?

Any tips I should know of ? I bought a longer tube also and 5 basket screens.
There is virtually no resistance in the draw so I find I use very long tokes! Most times I use the 14 mm WPA to a small bubbler. I also have the small bubbler that is made for it by have not tried it yet.

I also use the 3D long stem with basket screen made specially for it...with spikes inside.

I just tried the original cooling unit with 60 mm stem...works fine

I did order an 80mm glass stem and will try that.. with additional cooling unit.

I tend to use very low temps.... usually with minimal cloud. Works for me.

I just don't recommend taking it fully apart. I just did that and could not put Humpty together again and had to send it back :-)

I find there really is not much to clean. The only other thing is that I just tried the screen mod with the screen from Amazon recommended here in the TM thread a page or two before this post. This screen:. 3/4" (.750 inch | 19 mm) Premium Curved 304 Stainless Steel Concave Pipe Screens (10 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078Q6KPMV/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_YJC75GMABZFE7K67GBCX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

attackpoints

decided to give my tinymight a going over.

album
does she rip????
.05 load with a sprinkling of bubble hash on top, yeah she rips!!!!!!

Adding foil to give the the contact a boost like in your 2nd pic is such an underrated tip. (Idk if it is actually underrated, just took me a bit to find.)

I took mine apart to clean the other day as well and thought I had busted it when I couldn't get a hit. Then I came across that as a potential fix. Better than going through the temperature calibration steps, etc. If your TM won't heat up, I would really suggest adding some foil as your first step.

I love a good and simple mechanical fix, but design wise I kind of hate that the TM is so dependent on tension to work properly.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I only used a very small drop, quickly placed the housing with tweezers and breathed heavily on it....... NO not because I'm a pervert but moisture cures the glue ;) didn't notice anything but those more cautious than me may heed your advice and find something else

andrew`124c41+

I am out and about so would have to look at the unit. I forgot what kind of battery contacts are used. If contact is not being made, a small spring could be soldered. Sometimes I just put a small blob of solder on the contact point.

andrew`124c41+,

Adobewan

Thrilled to report my TinyMight arrived, early no less.
Unfortunately, I ordered the "Connection adapter 3in1" but received what appears to be a 14 mm adapter, hope that will get squared away smoothly.
Surprisingly, I didn't receive any instructions with the unit either. I'll look online for a set.
Anxious to dive in.

Top Bottom