TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I did exactly this but the screen does not come out! The reason I want to look at it is because it is discolored and I just want to make sure it is not damaged...just heat.

I tried to use my finger but it seems stuck in there

Sounds like maybe somehow you do have some residue build up if it's sticking, maybe gently use a toothpick to try to pry it out?

noobvaperct

Is any part of this device aluminum? Don’t want to sound like one of those worried people, but just wondering if any part of the heating/chamber is aluminum or if there’s nothing to worry about.

noobvaperct,

Shit Snacks

Is any part of this device aluminum? Don’t want to sound like one of those worried people, but just wondering if any part of the heating/chamber is aluminum or if there’s nothing to worry about.

The aluminum part is the tube that is removable, that sits between the glass liner and your glass stem, it is not part of the heating or chamber, but the top and bottom pieces on the outside are also aluminum btw

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

my tube is SS;)
On my newer TM that piece is SS. Just FYI, newer in this context is September 2021...

Yeah I know, other people got SS with theirs ordering around the same time as me, but my first one has brushed aluminum and my second one has bead blasted aluminum, so hopefully my third TM will have the SS tube!

Shit Snacks,

Berzzerkker

Least costly short stem/glass screen for TM, a little short, don't really like the glass screen but at $5 each...

GRAV 16mm OctoTaster 3" ClearGlass Stem $5.25 Free Shipping

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
the heat radiating heat out from the stem heats the aluminum faster, so once its warm (which is quick if you are taking big hits like I do) it reflects that heat back at the stem faster causing faster vaporization, so thicker clouds faster. the SS takes longer to heat up and reflect heat but it holds more heat and reflects more once warmed up giving slightly darker abv at same setting, at least if your session is at least 3 hits or more, for one hitters because the aluminum is faster you get darker abv. at least that was my experience when I had both to compare but I have since sold my second. I liked the slightly slower start because I was getting into flavour and because I do need some high temp vapour and I do appreciate thorough extraction I liked the finishing power of the SS so that's the one I kept. I mentioned this more than a year ago but no one having both chimed in to confirm or deny my claims, so I guess it's up to you @cybrguy , how those lungs feeling? can you take a couple bowls for science?????

Edit: if you want to see who's got faster clouds start you session at a lower temp, a temp it takes a while for vapour to start anyway, and see who thickens up faster. so long as you sessions are a few hits that should tell you who's got darker abv

Edit edit: I for got to mention this has to be a wpa and bong affair but I know already that's your bag

Last edited:

andrew`124c41+

@andrew`124c41+ did you try just turning the vape upside down to get it out? should just fall out

my tube is SS;)
I tried that but it won't fall out. I use a dosing capsule and there really is no build up.

My only problem is that the device will not operate when the dial is on 1. I sent an email to TM with a question about that and it was never answered.

andrew`124c41+,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Hm. Sounds a bit like it actually got pushed or jammed, maybe try to get hold of it with a tweezer or something.

My only problem is that the device will not operate when the dial is on 1.

You mean when turning it on? That's a safety feature for making sure it won't accidentally be turned on during transportation or the like.

Shit Snacks

My only problem is that the device will not operate when the dial is on 1.

That is how it is supposed to be, yeah that is the safety power protect so you cannot power it on accidentally, you must turn it on at level 2, and then turn it down to level 1 if you want to use it at that setting btw FYI

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I mentioned this more than a year ago but no one having both chimed in to confirm or deny my claims, so I guess it's up to you @cybrguy , how those lungs feeling? can you take a couple bowls for science?????
When I have an afternoon to waste I may give this a try, tho I suspect the difference shouldn't be enough to matter, much. To be honest the second unit is mostly unused and it has the SS tube in it. It is mostly kept as a backup and is only occasionally pulled out. I tend to swap between my Splinter Z and the TM whan one gets too warm to use for a bit.

andrew`124c41+

I messed up. Got it apart but have no idea how to get these glass pieces back in. The screen has a hole in it so I have another screen but again, glass pieces don't fit over heating element. My unit is different from the pics.

andrew`124c41+,
  • Haha
Reactions: Petetbay

andrew`124c41+

It was the only way to get to the screen! My unit is nothing like the directions I received. I hope it is not bricked.

andrew`124c41+,

Bad Dog

yes it is different from mine, I have no idea what that metal cylinder is int the glass tube??? was that one around the coil???

Bad Dog,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
And what happened to the screen? It seems like you had some accident, probably shortened the coil with a capsule being pushed through the bottom screen, does that sound plausible? That would explain the jammed ring too.

andrew`124c41+

yes it is different from mine, I have no idea what that metal cylinder is int the glass tube??? was that one around the coil???
There are 2 tubes. One a short glass and the second with the metal. I suspect the screen caved into the metal. It is actually not the best design and I am a bit pissed off that to the directions were not updated.

And what happened to the screen? It seems like you had some accident, probably shortened the coil with a capsule being pushed through the bottom screen, does that sound plausible? That would explain the jammed ring too.
I think the coil is not shorted. If it is bricked I won't get another.

andrew`124c41+,

Bad Dog

I also don't understand why it looks like you have two spacers for between the glass sleeves? I only have 1

Bad Dog,

Bad Dog

I really can't help you unfortunately as I'm not sure what I'm looking at and if I tell you how to put it together like mine it might not work. I will have to tell you to contact tinymight again and ask for assistance but I can tell you getting the glass back around the coil is tricky and there is no way you should have had to remove that to get the screen if yours was like mine

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It looks like you may have pushed the screen into the heater. I can't imagine another way the screen would have a hole burned into it.

I suspect that the worst case for you might be the "non warrenty" repair fee which I believe if around $70. Way better than a total loss. That is assuming you want it repaired. I certainly would as it is the best vape I have...

Top Bottom