TinyMight / TM 2

DarkLodge

Got it on, now I’m trying to figure out where the clouds are.

Cranked up to 8 I’m seeing little vapor, even slowing my draw considerably. I’m using a newly charged Samsung 25r with the stock stem and CUs in place. Draw resistance is wide open.

In on demand, I hold the button till the warm up buzz, keep holding while I inhale and release, right? Pressing the button equals power to coil (minus the short warm up) right?
How long is your draw? Because it's pure convection, the first draw typically needs to be on the longer side (~10-15 seconds), at least in my experience, to get solid vapor. Once everything has warmed up, your draw can get shorter.

BakedDiogenes

Edit: I read your post wrong, you are doing it correctly, my bad 🤗 how long of a draw are you taking? @BakedDiogenes

How long is your draw? Because it's pure convection, the first draw typically needs to be on the longer side (~10-15 seconds), at least in my experience, to get solid vapor. Once everything has warmed up, your draw can get shorter.

I typically take a 10+ second draw.
I have an iheat and mistvape touch; should be fairly similar in operation to those, correct?

BakedDiogenes,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Your definitely doing everything right. Sounds like a contact isn't right which isn't a difficult fix but you will need the right torx bit to unscrew the top cap to preform the procedure. In the meantime if you want to do some easy trouble shooting all you need is a pencil eraser, preferably a white one but any eraser that doesn't leave any sort of marking or discolouration when rubbed on paper you should be ok 👌 start by taking off the battery door and give it a good going over on the contact point and the threads then the threads on the tinymight make sure to do that upside down so no eraser bits fall in, while you're at it clean the battery as well. Reassemble and try using it again, if it doesn't help I can walk you through the other procedure

BakedDiogenes

Your definitely doing everything right. Sounds like a contact isn't right which isn't a difficult fix but you will need the right torx bit to unscrew the top cap to preform the procedure. In the meantime if you want to do some easy trouble shooting all you need is a pencil eraser, preferably a white one but any eraser that doesn't leave any sort of marking or discolouration when rubbed on paper you should be ok 👌 start by taking off the battery door and give it a good going over on the contact point and the threads then the threads on the tinymight make sure to do that upside down so no eraser bits fall in, while you're at it clean the battery as well. Reassemble and try using it again, if it doesn't help I can walk you through the other procedure

Ive got the Torx and remember reading about the eraser for contacts. I’ve been back and forth on this thread, so I’m sure my issues have been discussed and solved at some point. I’ll do some more digging this week and see what I can do.

Bad Dog

Ive got the Torx and remember reading about the eraser for contacts. I’ve been back and forth on this thread, so I’m sure my issues have been discussed and solved at some point. I’ll do some more digging this week and see what I can do.
Don't worry it's not hard and I'd probably spend more time with the search function it's faster just to tell you lol there are 2 things you can do. 1remove battery and unscrew just enough to be able to wiggle the top plate back and forth a little, then retighten the screw quite tight, very tight and try using the unit. 2 for a more permanent solution start by removing the stem o ring metal collar, o ring, metal tube and heater screen then unscrew the screw till the top just lift's off, being careful not to lose track of the thin o ring that will either be stuck to the lid or more likely The glass oven liner, if it is just leave it in place, you'll see a metal strip leading up from the bottom of the battery compartment to the top of the wood where it makes contact with the lid, place a thin shim of folded aluminum foil underneath that strip. I also advise you to take advantage of the top being off and use a eraser on the underside of the cap where the strip makes contact and the entire underside to. Reassemble and try your tinymight again if that doesn't help PM me for recalibration instructions

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
@BakedDiogenes you can use iso on a q tip on the threads if it's easier to find than an eraser.

Also, on top of @Bad Dog excellent advice check the o rings.

Remove the stems retaining ring and check the orange o ring for blemishes. Remove the orange o ring and the metal tube. Look inside and you should see a glass sleeve with wood behind it. At the top of that tube, between it and the top plate, there is another o ring (could be blue, black, grey, another colour). Make sure it's in place and even around the top of the glass tube.

I've not tried those cells, they should be ok but the recommended ones are vtc6, hg2 or p26. This heater is 70w and appreciates a decent cell.

Good luck! We will get you going!

To any future buyers, it might be worth checking that DHL are delivering to the right address. Not sure if it's TM staff (most likely) or DHL at fault but I noticed that they had used my flat number as the building number for the delivery address so it would have been delivered to a block of flats half a mile from me with no flat number specified.

I double checked my TM invoice and I entered the address correctly - Flat X, YY Fake Avenue whereas they put X Fake Avenue - so I'm equal parts disappointed and confused at how they failed to copypaste with almost £300 on the line. :doh:

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
To any future buyers, it might be worth checking that DHL are delivering to the right address. Not sure if it's TM staff (most likely) or DHL at fault but I noticed that they had used my flat number as the building number for the delivery address so it would have been delivered to a block of flats half a mile from me with no flat number specified.

I double checked my TM invoice and I entered the address correctly - Flat X, YY Fake Avenue whereas they put X Fake Avenue - so I'm equal parts disappointed and confused at how they failed to copypaste with almost £300 on the line. :doh:
Is yours coming to the uk? Saw the £ mines said it will be the 12th

DanksideoftheG,

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
Aye 12th here too, surprised it's that far off as I've had next day deliveries intra-Europe with DHL Express.
Yea I was surprised too tbh. There’s people state side that have had it in 2 days. I was kinda hoping it was gonna be here this week haha. He did say it only normally took 1-2 days when we were speaking previously.

now we play the waiting game…

waiting game sucks let’s play hungry hungry hippo

(little simpsons red if anyone caught it 🤣)

Yea I was surprised too tbh. There’s people state side that have had it in 2 days. I was kinda hoping it was gonna be here this week haha. He did say it only normally took 1-2 days when we were speaking previously.

now we play the waiting game…

waiting game sucks let’s play hungry hungry hippo

(little simpsons red if anyone caught it 🤣)
In case you've not seen it, I saw a few people recommending to wash the TM parts in iso and do a few burn-off cycles before use, their parts had residue on them which came off with iso. Obviously, residue is nothing unusual for factory new vapes but I've just not seen the wash/burn-off recommendation as widespread as it is with other vapes.

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
In case you've not seen it, I saw a few people recommending to wash the TM parts in iso and do a few burn-off cycles before use, their parts had residue on them which came off with iso. Obviously, residue is nothing unusual for factory new vapes but I've just not seen the wash/burn-off recommendation as widespread as it is with other vapes.
Thank you! I shall make sure it’s all clean and shiny ready to become brown and sticky haha.

Tbf i cleaned out all of my mighty and did a burn off with that too. I think it’s because the TM coil is exposed to a degree Also if handling freshly treated wood while mounting the heater it may transfer across even if gloves are worn

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah you burn off the heater, any vape usually you want to at least power up empty first to make sure it's working properly and smells okay etc. And for the TM, there are a lot of steel and aluminum parts that are freshly machined, so the iso q-tip scrub is a good idea, for those of us that have done it and see how dirty the organic cotton can be afterwards! Although I did not do it on my first TM, I was young and reckless then, excited for my new favorite vape lol

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I only cleaned the parts I could get to easily. I am unlikely to disassemble a new piece unless I have a problem. I have disassembled it since and done a whipeout at that time. Didn't find much...

Have not disassembled the second one yet. Second one had more wood smell that dissipated over time. Not the fishy smell, actual wood smell.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
You’re heating any substance that’s in, on or near the heater, then you’re inhaling whatever that produces.

Inspect and clean/burn off *every* vaporizer before using it.
+1 - I was going to say the same thing. Why take a chance not cleaning a new vape? Plus it’ll give you practice after prolonged usage, which the TM, for me, has been 18 months now and counting. 18 blissful months too :D :peace:

Shit Snacks

I only cleaned the parts I could get to easily. I am unlikely to disassemble a new piece unless I have a problem. I have disassembled it since and done a whipeout at that time. Didn't find much...

Have not disassembled the second one yet. Second one had more wood smell that dissipated over time. Not the fishy smell, actual wood smell.

To be clear, when I say disassembled for the first cleaning, I just mean the top ring, the metal tube beneath it, the metal ring and screen above the heater, the big orange o-ring... (also the entire cooling unit, though I have not done that myself, since I am just using WPA through hooks at home, but someday I will, TM will see the world again eventually lol) I think I did the battery threading as well, but yeah I also left it unassembled after I cleaned it for a little while, to further air out, I think the smell on mine was the oil used to finish the wood, fortunately quickly dissipated (noticed no smell with my original) And I also try to always clean new glass before first use too!

Shit Snacks

Right, that is pretty much what I did. I did not remove either cap prior to going in to fix something. I really don't want to encourage new users to take it all apart unless there is a need, which I don't think a deep cleaning really is.

Thank you, yes exactly, I have never removed the top or bottom aluminum caps that are screwed to the wood body, in either of my TM, and I have no plans to ever do so! :nod:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Well, that great exploded view on page 187 by @JoeKickass is very helpful if you do need to, but I only have gone in once to revive the haptic motor. Otherwise when I think it needs some contact help I may unscrew the screw a bit and jostle the caps, then tighten it back up and that has usually resolved my contact issues...

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Another evening with my ever faithful tinymight by my side :D Been having a lot of one hitters lately though my coffee table bong for a change of pace from my j-hook temp stepping. This vape still amazes me with how fast and powerful it is, with great flavor and effects! Gets me blasted off every time day after day with little time away it's my most used vape :love:

Tweakz

Another evening with my ever faithful tinymight by my side :D Been having a lot of one hitters lately though my coffee table bong for a change of pace from my j-hook temp stepping. This vape still amazes me with how fast and powerful it is, with great flavor and effects! Gets me blasted off every time day after day with little time away it's my most used vape :love:
I totally agree with you.
TM is a dope gun . I love it so much.
After the global disassembly and cleaning of the device a couple of days ago, it started working even more powerfully, now it seems that there is no need for "boost mode"- just need to do the procedure of disassembly and cleaning the device more often, the last time it was about a year ago.

Top Bottom