TinyMight / TM 2

Summer

Long Island, NY
Without me having to search, can someone give me the stem OD & ID dimensions? I'm speaking to a glass maker so these dimensions must be correct. Thanks!

Summer,

SquirrelMaster

Here is an advice on how to keep your TM cooler. Make sure that the cooling units are not lining with the top metal cover,in other words ,they should be above the screw ring. The CU is a bit heavy,quartz conducts heat and aluminum soaks it immediatly,reason why it is used in heatsinks. Dont load your material directly to the CU use a screen between the load,The space between the screen and the CU is essential for keeping the things cooler and cleaner.The closer the CUs are to the material and the heater the hotter they get and cooling effeciency drops quicker.
I am not having hotspotting issues at all. Contrary to my initial philosphy to increase space between the heater and the load,i actually started loading in the very front and capping with an arizer cup screen,so that is all the distance it has from the heater. I never get hotspots at 4-5-6. For water adaption i dont use the CUs ,it is pointless,only fucks up the open airflow and allows more condenstation area.I only get hotspots at 6,5 and above.But i use those temps only with my WP,while i still some distance between the heater and the load,compared to direct draw.
How bad of hot spots are you getting above 6.5 with the screen in front of the flower? That's interesting what you say about distance between the CU and flower, I'll try that shortly, lots of vaping today while I keep a migraine at bay.

SquirrelMaster,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
How bad of hot spots are you getting above 6.5 with the screen in front of the flower? That's interesting what you say about distance between the CU and flower, I'll try that shortly, lots of vaping today while I keep a migraine at bay.
Well i get darker brown ring towards the walls,while the center stays lighter. It can be helped with distance between the screen and the heater,which is what i do when i use water,but for direct draw i just lowered my temps to get rid of it. The benefit of the distance between the bowl screen and the CU is just too great to sacrifice it in the name a little thicker clouds,taste is also better at that heat level . :)
I avoid harshness at all cost,i can feel the hotspotting with my senses :D.., cloud thickness comes second. Vapor must be smooth and fresh like mountain air,it should never taste like fuel (benzene,lol) ,a.k.a popcorn.
Acutualy monitoring the smell of my stem is one of my way to tell i am not overdoing the temps,i dont need visual indication at all.It should smell nice and terpy ,not like coffee. That is just my preference with any vaporizer,i do a deep clean of the whole system bowl-to-mouth system after a hotspotting accident,i just cant stand that smell.When i was an early convert i was more tolerable to a wider range of temps and even thought temp regulation was not that important ,but i with time i got to appreciate the more controlled process.

Last edited:

Tranquil

Mine is shipping today. I got pretty high Hope's for the TM. I'm hoping I'll ask myself was I actually vaping before?
Can I ask when you ordered yours? I ordered mine on the 11th. Just wanting to set realistic expectations for myself so I know how long is "normal" to wait for shipping.

Tranquil,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Can I ask when you ordered yours? I ordered mine on the 11th. Just wanting to set realistic expectations for myself so I know how long is "normal" to wait for shipping.

:tup:

Tranquil

got mine in 1 week, to philly
Oh man I'm really excited now! It sounds like maybe he was able to ramp up production a bit. I'll be checking my email every day waiting for a shipping notification. This is my first vape. I already went over our monthly budget buying this thing, but now I'm tempted to go ahead and pick up an accessory or two knowing that it may show up by the end of July...

Tranquil,
Reactions: BestBuds

ephemera.cannon

First time poster, long time lurker ...

Around the turn of the year, I decided to rededicate myself to using cannabis-based remedies for what ails me. Out with the SSRIs and benzos and zolbidem ("ambien") and all their nasty side effects. This obviously increased my combustion-based consumption significantly. I'd previous experience with Pax and Arizer vapes, and my renewed research led me here (and the new old site ... or the old new site, lol). Based on all of your recommendations and research I pulled the trigger on what I believed was the best choice - our beloved TinyMight.

I've had the TinyMight for 3 weeks or something like that. I'm pretty sure my feet haven't touched the ground since, so time is a bit hazy. This little badass balls out. Infatuation level a solid 10.

I'm currently running w/ the short stem and full cooling unit - default config except for using the provided dome screen instead of the flat cooling unit screen. I'm getting a quite a bit of reclaim happening and IMO do absolutely need to completely disassemble the cu to effectively clean. For example, I did a thorough cleaning earlier today and the nuts and bolts inside the cu housing were totally gunked together. And I also like to get a q-tip up in the housing which necessitates fully disassembling.

I noticed that irrespective of the screen config I choose, the screen easily gunks up impeding airflow. I go w/ the domed screen because I feel it's easier to deal with in terms of removing and cleaning. BUT, I haven't read of anyone reporting similar which makes me wonder if my grind is part of the issue. (My buddy cross-threaded my cali crusher, so I'm using a cheap one i got as a dispensary give-away until the BCG arrives w/ the medium grind plate.). I'm pretty cognizant of how I'm packing (loosely, straw style) but I probably need to keep tinkering with the variables. What say you all - how gunky do your cu screens get?

Final thought - I've read all of this thread. Wild ride. I feel like I know some of you strictly from your posts here. Anyway, thanks - good to be amongst fellow enthusiasts.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I noticed that irrespective of the screen config I choose, the screen easily gunks up impeding airflow. I go w/ the domed screen because I feel it's easier to deal with in terms of removing and cleaning. BUT, I haven't read of anyone reporting similar which makes me wonder if my grind is part of the issue. (My buddy cross-threaded my cali crusher, so I'm using a cheap one i got as a dispensary give-away until the BCG arrives w/ the medium grind plate.). I'm pretty cognizant of how I'm packing (loosely, straw style) but I probably need to keep tinkering with the variables. What say you all - how gunky do your cu screens get?
I put a dome screen in front of the cooling unit to keep it from clogging as fast and I've only cleaned it a few times so I can't speak to the need for disassembly.

My other hack, which you may have read a page or two back, is to use a straight Splinter stem upside-down as a WPA and pair that with a 18mm j-hook. Better flavor and no need for the cooling unit so that's my default at home. You can even start a bowl with the j-hook and finish on a bubbler if the hook doesn't afford enough cooling. I'm keen to find a dimpled j-hook or some other non-bubbler cooling stem too eventually.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Can I ask when you ordered yours?

Tranquil, not to derail this thread as it's humongous enough in length already (if TM continues to be as popular as it has been, in time, I think it will rIval the DV thread), here's the dedicated shipping thread:

*Not intending to be a stickler, but there's already so much info. to follow. Makes my head spin. :bang: :lol:

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
What say you all - how gunky do your cu screens get?

For me that's not a problem at all, but I do see others mentioning the screen being in need for frequent maintenance. I think there are some variables and probably the major culprit in most cases is stirring. I myself don't stir, I'm sure it helps to keep things cleaner when not pushing half vaped herb into the screen with every session, as those crumbles will become the nucleus for resinous debris later (I guess). It also makes blowing out the herb after a session easier, which makes scratching the cu screen with some tool unnecessary once more. I brush the glass walls briefly after blowing out the abv, that's pretty much it. Mindful packing in order to avoid stirring is the key here.

Anyway, glad to see you enjoy your TM! :-)

ephemera.cannon

I don't stir either, but it did just occur to me that I scrape the screen (with this little metal tool that came w/ the arizer) when I cache out. I bet that's how the issue starts. I had been blowing out those lovely little pucks but as I've loosened the pack and stopped using the higher temps it doesn't compress like it used to. Whatever the case, it's related to variable(s) I control so I just have to do more testing. :brow:

As for the content of this thread, there's a ton of awesome info but the signal-to-noise ratio is a little off. (Not talking junk - I really wanted to know when my TM would arrive too!). I compiled notes as I read through the thread for personal purposes but a wiki might be ideal: accessories, packing tips, tear downs, mods, all that jazz. Anybody seen something like that out there?

ephemera.cannon,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I had been blowing out those lovely little pucks but as I've loosened the pack and stopped using the higher temps it doesn't compress like it used to.

Ah, those pucks, I know what you're talking about. It's a fine line between pack, grind, humidity level of the herb and blowing strength when it comes to those pucks – anyway, it doesn't matter too much in my opinion (even though they are very satisfying), because even when things get messy it's still possible to keep the screen clean (by just not touching it). A few weeks ago I was short of iso and couldn't clean the cooling unit for about a month or so, but it kept on working all the time. To be fair, I tend to treat my stuff pretty mindful I guess so I take all the time I need when packing, unloading, brushing etc. But it is possible to keep things clean for quite some time and for me the TM is not a device that needs a lot of maintenance and care to work well.

abcd5432

Mine showed up today! Swung by the house on my lunch break, un boxed it, plugged it in to charge. Barely had time to look at it, but initially really impressed and excited to try it out later!

Unfortunately, there was a note in the box that the WPA I ordered was out of stock, and it will ship separately on its own once its back in stock. Other than that, no complaints at all! It looks great, smaller than I expected and how it looks in pics, I gave it a whiff for that "fishy" smell I've been reading about and I barely found it noticeable at all.

So just to get this straight for stock stems - Just load the flower into the stem up against the CU? No additional screen needed between the CU and flower or flower and heater?

How often are you guys cleaning the stems/CU/everything else?

I feel like I've read all of this in this thread previously trying to be prepared, but the excitement took over and I think I forgot everything. My first time using a stem-based vape
Just broke a WPA and came here to search the thread to see more about any developments. That's sad.

My new Oregon Glass Blower customs arrived today! They are perfect, the special mouthpiece of the 18 mm J-Hook is so much better (modeled after the Lamart mini j hook mp) and it is even a little more compact than the 14mm one (which is now going into storage until I can find someone to cut off its flared mp lol) Meanwhile the new custom prototype spiky bent 18mm female mouthpiece also renders the whip adapter less useful as a mouthpiece now. The cooler could probably be made even longer too, though as is the cost is $45 each if anyone is interested... Time to test them out, will report back, but just looking at them I already feel like they're going to be my go-to pieces at home, where I always am now!

IMG-20200711-144236.jpg

IMG-20200711-150316.jpg

IMG-20200711-150901.jpg
.. Does the Oregon water adapter also have a glass screen?

Last edited:
abcd5432,

crownroyaldaddy

I definitely think that scraping the CU screen leads to it getting gummed up quickly.

I empty my stems using the newvape debowler — a metal point, for those who dont know. So im practically scraping some vaped bud into the screen. I noticed this and had to do my first cleaning after owning for about 2 weeks

Not the end of the world but im trying to be more mindfulof how i empty my stems

crownroyaldaddy,

Sticky13

The build up I get in me TM is reclaim, giving the bowl a mix or not, its still going to get through.. If I was to go through a couple g over a couple hours or days, it will be covered in a 1-2mm film. I only use the CU for stealth hits now.. which are very rare occations. But the CU really is effective and i miss it, has this really nice cooling effect on the throat like a mint, with out the mint lol

I still cant work out where I like the bowl best.. i've gone back to as close to the heater @ 4, less faff. But this vape can deffo be personally customised to the hit the user wants.. You have the dial and a adjustable bowl.. ex, dial set to 4, basket close to the heater is going to be a completely different temp at 2inch's from the heater. But abit like the FP, the temps dont make sense lol

Hence, the temp gun.

Now wheres that CU, I wanna hit that now lol

Last edited:
Sticky13,

LabPong

3rd TM arrived the other day...........but the 2 diff stock wpa's did not make it.....to be sent soon.

Without me having to search, can someone give me the stem OD & ID dimensions? I'm speaking to a glass maker so these dimensions must be correct. Thanks!

Make sure the minimum OD is 16mm....not any less...better to error on the larger size for fitment.

ephemera.cannon

Yeap, I harvested enough reclaim from the CU to feel a lil' something.

Ultimately I expect I'll run w/ an RBT (sans cu, obviously) and a bubbler. I just can't find anywhere that's got 'em in stock right now.

ephemera.cannon,
Reactions: Summer

abcd5432

My back up WPA is of way better quality. My first one of two I used had smaller holes, and was crooked in multiple spots. This one is straight with bigger holes.

You guys noticed variations like this?

Edit:my new opinion is it's even better than I originally thought. The airflow is way more open than I originally thought.

Last edited:
abcd5432,
Top Bottom