TinyMight / TM 2

Toker

I had this for Christmas but didn’t really got on with it. So I just use my s&b mighty with dosing caps. It’s a e-njoint weezy and the caps look the right size and not to badly priced. I’ve placed an order for 100 caps and the filling aid so you can do 10 at a time. I’ll put some photos up with the size of the original one supplied with the weezy and the ones you can buy in the hundreds if needed. This way you shouldn’t have any problems with damaging the heater as it should fit in the stem. I hope my Tinymight turns up soon I can’t wait 😊 I’m ready with 2 spare batteries and a new charger. I’m not sure if people have tried this before so sorry if it’s already been talked about. I’m a new member and couldn’t find a post the same. The forum has been so helpful in making my purchase. Thanks everyone.

Sorry to be a pain how do I post a photo 😂

SquirrelMaster

Do any of you guys just set a temp and leave it there? The Go, for example, has 3 temp setting but I can get all I want out of my goods on the low setting. The temp control adjustment seems to be the weak spot on this vape from what folks are saying. Not a deal killer, but a weakness.

When I first discovered the Tinymight last year I thought the temperature dial would be a weakness but after using it I became apparent it's actually one of its strengths. It's not easy to accidentally adjust the temperature but it's fast and easy when you intend to do so so temp stepping is effortless. In dim light you would have issues but at the same time it's not a bright glaring screen. I did a 20 step to temperature conversion just because (posted earlier in the thread) but I just know to start as low as 3 and go as high as 7-8. I don't see any advantage of the Tinymight having a digital read out when the temperature at the material can change depending on where you set your flower. I guess I just appreciate the simplicity. This vape changed how I looked at analog temperature adjustable vapes.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Wide flange side up on the heater screen. I’m on vacation this week and was looking forward to a wake and bale with my Tinymight and I combusted! The heater screen is lodged below the bottom retaining ring below the screen ring. I don’t have a Torx screwdriver and contacted my buddy @VapeKnight who does (and can disassemble and reassemble almost anything). I might be able to see him today but not sure, and then I’ll be away for a couple of days.

Worst part was the combustion taste and wasting an entire load. I’ve been vaping for 5-6 years and didn’t miss that taste. The only bright side is my stem and CU were due for a cleaning soon, but not this soon.:(:peace:

Last edited:
Vaporific,
Reactions: Siebter

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I use a cup screen between the CU and the herb. It's not necessary, but it helps keep the CU cleaner.
I don't stir anymore, so I can go without cleaning for two weeks.
When I did stir often, I would clean every 3 or 4 days.
Like Vaporific said, u will find what works for you. Experimenting is part of the fun.:smug:

Experimenting is definitely part of the fun!

Gave the TM its initial test last night, I'm really impressed. I could even say mind blown lol. I dont understand how or why theres such a difference between my IQ 2 and the TM - essentially the idea is the same, just different execution which gives a really different experience.

Either way, I started cautiously after reading these forums and how surprisingly hard the TM hits etc etc. I used the short stem with CU in the same spot it showed up in. I completely guessed at what I would consider to be a small/medium load, light tamp just enough to keep everything in the stem, turned it on at 6, took like 2 hits, I was so interested I didnt bother to check the bud and stepped up to 8 for another 2 hits. Of course I didnt feel anything immediately and I didnt see how 4 hits from this could compare to like the 15 I take from the IQ 2 over an 8 minute session. BUT I checked the bud and it was surprisingly toasted, and very evenly compared to what I'm used to. So between that and remembering how hard its supposed to hit, despite my entire brain telling me to load another stem, I waited for the effects to come to me and I was so surprised as the high set in. I wasn't blasted or anything, but it was definitely stronger than anticipated based on what I thought I'd feel from load size, hit size/time, lung irritation (basically non existent, let two or 3 small coughts) exhaled vapor, etc.

An hour or two later I loaded up another stem, I used a bigger load but still kept the CU in the same spot, which left the bud a bit closer to the end of the stem, and maybe a slightly denser pack. This time I screwed up and caught myself trying to hit it before the buzz a couple of times (carry over bad behavior from the IQ 2, where it has no buzz). But started at 5 and temp stepped again back up to the 8/9 area. This time my bud was less evenly toasted, which I attribute to either me hitting it before the buzz, the size of the load and being closer to the heater. I stirred after that and took two more around the 8/9 level. It was wonderful.

So I've got a lot of experimenting to do between the load size, distance to the edge of the stem, pack density, and CU location. The CU location is probably the last thing I'll mess with once I get the hang of how the changing the load itself effects things.

Can't wait to get this thing dialed in.

Your guys' stems do wiggle in the unit if you put a little pressure on it right? Side to side? There seems to be a natural very slight angle to the stem, so i wiggled it and there is some play in there. But resting, it is not perpendicular to the unit. Its slightly off kilter.

To make things even better, just checked my email and my BCG shipped out. This is going to be a good week.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
After 8 months of ownership I finally used my TM thru a water rig. It was cool and tasty ! I'm not sure how often I would do this simply because I enjoy it natively as it came. Most of my accessories are packed out of site with a 17 year old still in the house. This makes it more difficult to use anything other than portables which thankfully I have variety to rotate between but I do still love a good desktop unit. If I take the time to unbox any of them it would usually be the Aromed, though the TM works so well it normally keeps those urges at bay.

sag

Do any of you guys just set a temp and leave it there? The Go, for example, has 3 temp setting but I can get all I want out of my goods on the low setting. The temp control adjustment seems to be the weak spot on this vape from what folks are saying. Not a deal killer, but a weakness.

When I first received my TM I used the maker's suggestion to set the temp to 6. That was too hot for me. After much research, I have settled on 4 as my sweet spot. I have not found it necessary to do any more adjusting.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Experimenting is definitely part of the fun!

Gave the TM its initial test last night, I'm really impressed. I could even say mind blown lol. I dont understand how or why theres such a difference between my IQ 2 and the TM - essentially the idea is the same, just different execution which gives a really different experience.

Either way, I started cautiously after reading these forums and how surprisingly hard the TM hits etc etc. I used the short stem with CU in the same spot it showed up in. I completely guessed at what I would consider to be a small/medium load, light tamp just enough to keep everything in the stem, turned it on at 6, took like 2 hits, I was so interested I didnt bother to check the bud and stepped up to 8 for another 2 hits. Of course I didnt feel anything immediately and I didnt see how 4 hits from this could compare to like the 15 I take from the IQ 2 over an 8 minute session. BUT I checked the bud and it was surprisingly toasted, and very evenly compared to what I'm used to. So between that and remembering how hard its supposed to hit, despite my entire brain telling me to load another stem, I waited for the effects to come to me and I was so surprised as the high set in. I wasn't blasted or anything, but it was definitely stronger than anticipated based on what I thought I'd feel from load size, hit size/time, lung irritation (basically non existent, let two or 3 small coughts) exhaled vapor, etc.

An hour or two later I loaded up another stem, I used a bigger load but still kept the CU in the same spot, which left the bud a bit closer to the end of the stem, and maybe a slightly denser pack. This time I screwed up and caught myself trying to hit it before the buzz a couple of times (carry over bad behavior from the IQ 2, where it has no buzz). But started at 5 and temp stepped again back up to the 8/9 area. This time my bud was less evenly toasted, which I attribute to either me hitting it before the buzz, the size of the load and being closer to the heater. I stirred after that and took two more around the 8/9 level. It was wonderful.

So I've got a lot of experimenting to do between the load size, distance to the edge of the stem, pack density, and CU location. The CU location is probably the last thing I'll mess with once I get the hang of how the changing the load itself effects things.

Can't wait to get this thing dialed in.

Your guys' stems do wiggle in the unit if you put a little pressure on it right? Side to side? There seems to be a natural very slight angle to the stem, so i wiggled it and there is some play in there. But resting, it is not perpendicular to the unit. Its slightly off kilter.

To make things even better, just checked my email and my BCG shipped out. This is going to be a good week.

Haha yeah I like I was trying to tell you, there is literally no comparison with the IQ as the technology is about as different as you can get! So aside from the pure convection on demand versus pure conduction session style, don't forget how much less you are loading in the tinymight! And yes a little wobble is normal and fine, if the o-ring was too tight it would be too hard to get stems in and out, so I am thankful it is looser!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Haha yeah I like I was trying to tell you, there is literally no comparison with the IQ as the technology is about as different as you can get! So aside from the pure convection on demand versus pure conduction session style, don't forget how much less you are loading in the tinymight! And yes a little wobble is normal and fine, if the o-ring was too tight it would be too hard to get stems in and out, so I am thankful it is looser!

I see exactly what you mean now. I never imagined it would be such a drastic difference...its so interesting to me. Like I said, same concept, but completely different execution. Thanks for all your advice!

You're right too it definitely seemed like a lot less bud goes a longer way. With the IQ it felt like I was pinching, loading, and tamping forever. The oven just keeps taking it. A couple pinches into the stem and a light tamp, and good to go with the TM.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind

Yeah, it will always have a little play, don't worry.

Siebter,
Reactions: BrianTL

crownroyaldaddy

Cleaned my stem and CU for the first time. Just soaked them both in iso and squeaky clean.

also took apart the heater screen etc....extremely simple. Didnt even clean them, was just checking on something. Where do we get screens for the cooling unit?

love a vape with easy maintenance...a major key for me for daily use

Sticky13

When I first received my TM I used the maker's suggestion to set the temp to 6. That was too hot for me. After much research, I have settled on 4 as my sweet spot. I have not found it necessary to do any more adjusting.

Same boat.

Athough, after seeing @cybrguy and @Summer posts, & matey hitting that TM @ 8 on the dial.. Decided to have a play around. I've always had the basket as close to the heater, I moved the basket down the WPA to simular distance as in that vid, and shot it up to 8, milk'd the hell outa the rig but was too toasty, taste wise. But can see this working nicely at 6-7, ~370-390F :tup:

Sticky13,

Shit Snacks

Yeah my baskets are pretty close (some a little further, but then I load more) so this also makes sense since I temp step starting below level 3, only taking one hit at each level (usually by around .5) I am a flavor chaser, but still nice clouds even this low.

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Sticky13

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Just a head-up about the tiny chestnut tree stem @Aezhenn made for me (still not received it), it's shorter than stock stem by 7mm, I asked him the same ID (and OD for sure!) than stock stem to be able to use the cooling system in, stealth stem!

Since I noticed the S&B capsules fit the TM bowl I wanted to use the stem inserted on the top of a capsule to keep it in place, I already did that with the stock stem, that works but you need to set your temp up to get the same abv at the end, you need to wait a minute or so before to try to remove the capsule from the bowl cause this one slightly expanded and doesn't get out while still hot... this is make this capsule system finally not so convenient and I believe there is some power lost cause the capsule is not wide enough to cover all the heater screen surface (it's known convection works better when hot air is forced through the load).

How did you set your bowl size? Mine is on the small load size, pretty similar to a GH's bowl, 0.1 at best, maybe less, and I just positionned the cooling system to my load size and don't use the basket screen at all.

Do you stir? I don't mind for stirring since I use a pretty small load, there is some green on the side but not enough to annoy me (that's what I do whith my Imp&Iheat, small load and don't care for stirring.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Question for you guys - any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Last night I loaded up the short stem with a bigger sized load, starting around 4 taking two hits at a few different levels, 4, 6, 8, 9 (maybe 9.5). The center of the load was BLACK but down towards the cooling unit and around the edge of the stem was still pretty green.

I'm thinking that I should have just kept it around 6 or so until I ran out of vapor, maybe I temp stepped too quickly which lead to pre mature scorching of the bud closest to oven before getting a good roast throughout the load? Tonight I'll try that out - same size load and everything but stick with a lower temp until all the vapors gone and make adjustments from there. Just wanted to see if you guys had any ideas!

BrianTL,

Shit Snacks

Question for you guys - any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Last night I loaded up the short stem with a bigger sized load, starting around 4 taking two hits at a few different levels, 4, 6, 8, 9 (maybe 9.5). The center of the load was BLACK but down towards the cooling unit and around the edge of the stem was still pretty green.

I'm thinking that I should have just kept it around 6 or so until I ran out of vapor, maybe I temp stepped too quickly which lead to pre mature scorching of the bud closest to oven before getting a good roast throughout the load? Tonight I'll try that out - same size load and everything but stick with a lower temp until all the vapors gone and make adjustments from there. Just wanted to see if you guys had any ideas!

Sounds like maybe you are drawing too hard and fast? That can cause a tunneling effect in convection vapes with a hot spot in the center... Especially considering you are on such a high setting, and with a full packed bowl, the tighter the pack the more you'll get a hotspot... (Also try letting go of the trigger earlier, but keep inhaling, so the heat doesn't get too much power at the end of your hit) But yeah the TM can be a really fast extractor, I pretty much never go to 9.5 unless I'm doing concentrates!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Sounds like maybe you are drawing too hard and fast? That can cause a tunneling effect in convection vapes with a hot spot in the center... Especially considering you are on such a high setting, and with a full packed bowl, the tighter the pack the more you'll get a hotspot... (Also try letting go of the trigger earlier, but keep inhaling, so the heat doesn't get to be too much at the end) But yeah the TM can be a really fast extractor, I pretty much never go to 9.5 unless I'm doing concentrates!

Tunneling makes sense! I think part of my new found addiction to vaping is it feels like a big science experiment on myself lol. So many different variables to figure out. Definitely helps to talk it out - and my GF is tired of hearing about it, sooo here I am. I thought I was drawing relatively slow but ill try keeping it at lower temps tonight and even slower pulls.

With the trigger I've been keeping it on for anywhere between 5-15 seconds and letting go for the last 3-5 seconds. Immediately after release I can feel it "tighten up" and the resistance shoots up.

Shit Snacks

Tunneling makes sense! I think part of my new found addiction to vaping is it feels like a big science experiment on myself lol. So many different variables to figure out. Definitely helps to talk it out - and my GF is tired of hearing about it, sooo here I am. I thought I was drawing relatively slow but ill try keeping it at lower temps tonight and even slower pulls.

With the trigger I've been keeping it on for anywhere between 5-15 seconds and letting go for the last 3-5 seconds. Immediately after release I can feel it "tighten up" and the resistance shoots up.

Yeah so then it could really just be lower temps is all, 9.5 getting a hotspot like that isn't surprising at least!

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Here is an advice on how to keep your TM cooler. Make sure that the cooling units are not lining with the top metal cover,in other words ,they should be above the screw ring. The CU is a bit heavy,quartz conducts heat and aluminum soaks it immediatly,reason why it is used in heatsinks. Dont load your material directly to the CU use a screen between the load,The space between the screen and the CU is essential for keeping the things cooler and cleaner.The closer the CUs are to the material and the heater the hotter they get and cooling effeciency drops quicker.
I am not having hotspotting issues at all. Contrary to my initial philosphy to increase space between the heater and the load,i actually started loading in the very front and capping with an arizer cup screen,so that is all the distance it has from the heater. I never get hotspots at 4-5-6. For water adaption i dont use the CUs ,it is pointless,only fucks up the open airflow and allows more condenstation area.I only get hotspots at 6,5 and above.But i use those temps only with my WP,while i still some distance between the heater and the load,compared to direct draw.

Top Bottom