Discontinued ThermoVape

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Adobewan said:
Hi All,

Received my Revolution adaptor today and confess I can't figure out how to attach it. I've taken the TV apart, taken the heater core out, can't find the female on the TV that matches the male on the Rev.
Sorry to sound like such a noob, I'm certainly not mechanically inept (although...).
Emailed Kevin @ TV, waiting for a response.
Got back thru the thread a number of pages but only have so much time.
Any help woud be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Note to TV, an instruction card included in the kit would go a long way for us stoopider types!
The female end is the top of the battery compartment.......did you just get the Rev, or the kit with the adapter too? It seems so ridiculously simple that you must be missing a piece to not be figuring it out...

SF Giant,

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
Stu said:
Vape educated
Vape prepared
Vape often
(can someone translate that to Latin? I think it would make a great motto!)

:peace:

Here ya' go Stu -

Vape educatis
paratus Vape
saepe Vape :)

Chance2Vape,

Adobewan

@Stu
Yes, I did remove the herb bowl, thanks(that's kind of funny).

@BossBrew
Thanks for the vid, I had seen it. The problem is my Rev and TV don't match, the Rev is quite a bit smaller than the interior of the TV chamber. Hopefully this pic will clarify.
revtv.jpg

@SF Giant
I got the Thermovape Revolution Universal Concentrate Vaporizer with TV Adapter Interface.

...although I'm starting to think my adapter was not included.

Adobewan,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Chance2Vape said:
Here ya' go Stu -

Vape educatis
paratus Vape
saepe Vape :)
Hmmm. It's not quite "veni, vidi, vici", but I guess it works. :lol:

Stu,

igot5onit

hmmm. second attempt: i loaded a good 2-3 dabs worth of the wax. got a bunch of inconsistent pulls. maybe it is all about draw speed and you have to fine tune it. also the wax gets all over the door from turning it to see inside.

still tastes off to me. i guess it could be the wax. i'll have to try one i'm more familiar with to confirm.

gets super warm if you pull and pull. makes sense but i didn't think i was abusing it too much.

is it recommended to take a certain break between pulls. i know just use common sense, but wanna hear what thermovape has to say.

i think you're local, can we come by for advice?

anybody using wax, please share your tips and tricks

igot5onit,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Adobewan said:
@Stu
Yes, I did remove the herb bowl, thanks(that's kind of funny).

@BossBrew
Thanks for the vid, I had seen it. The problem is my Rev and TV don't match, the Rev is quite a bit smaller than the interior of the TV chamber. Hopefully this pic will clarify.
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1076/revtv.jpg

@SF Giant
I got the Thermovape Revolution Universal Concentrate Vaporizer with TV Adapter Interface.

...although I'm starting to think my adapter was not included.
The adapter is there, it's the piece with the male threads that is not fitting, looking at your pic it looks like the outer metal part of the battery sleeve is somehow slid up too far so the adapter is not able to reach the threads

SF Giant,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Scratch that, after looking at mine, it is the INNER battery sleeve that is somehow too far up to allow threading, the rev threads into the OUTER part of the sleeve
My lens on my phone is fucked up but you'll get the idea. It should look like this

2012-01-19_15-36-09_479.jpg

SF Giant,

marduk

daydreamer
Adobewan isn't holding the inner battery sleeve, so it should be resting at the bottom, not protruding up to block the threads.

It looks to me like the outer diameter of that adapter is actually smaller than the outer battery housing. It should be the same, so they're flush when screwed together. Could a smaller prototype adapter have gotten mixed in with the production parts?

marduk,

Adobewan

@marduk
I'm guessing something similar to that.
Take a look at this SF:
revtv2r.jpg

Even with the batteries out, there is play between the TV and the Rev.

Looks like there is a hood-type piece at the bottom of SF's Rev(although blur makes it difficult to be sure) that's missing on mine.

Adobewan,

marduk

daydreamer
@Adobewan

Yeah, that angle shows it much clearer. Send Nate an email and he'll get you sorted. He replied to my email about my problem very quickly.

marduk,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Adobewan said:
@marduk
I'm guessing something similar to that.
Take a look at this SF:
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/8921/revtv2r.jpg
Even with the batteries out, there is play between the TV and the Rev.

Looks like there is a hood-type piece at the bottom of SF's Rev(although blur makes it difficult to be sure) that's missing on mine.
Well that is weird as hell....... Sorry for responding like you were an idiot at first ;) the sleeve still looks strangely off somehow but im pretty stumped at this point, you'd think it would be impossible for them to send out an undersized one but who knows? Maybe the machine operator was testing out the Rev on the job? :/
Edit: i think T-dub is on to something, lets see the rest of your TV1 setup in its current dis-assembled state por favor

SF Giant,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Adobewan: That looks super f*cked up. I just tried to match mine to yours and something looks WAY off on yours. The Rev does look WAY smaller. :(

Stu: I sucked in some sh*t too - being over eager. If you can press down the hash it seems to work better. Just jam it on the bottom as far as you can, it should stay unless you pull like crazy. About kief you have to be more careful - others take note!

The good thing is you don't need much for it to go on forever. I took a little load of hash on the way with me today, and was able to vape twice nicely, like 30+ pulls with clouds each time.

I think this is the future, and I will invest my time into finding the right consistency of the load. Oil is too messy/wet/sticky and hash may be too dry/nonsticky. So it may have to be a little more liquidy than wax? Either way lots of experimenting ahead.

sessnet,

Adobewan

Guys, thanks for all the feedback. I'll shoot a pic of the entire set up asap.
In the meantime, is there a phone number I can reach TV at.
I emailed awhile ago.

Adobewan,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Adobewan said:
Hi All,

Received my Revolution adaptor today and confess I can't figure out how to attach it. I've taken the TV apart, taken the heater core out, can't find the female on the TV that matches the male on the Rev.
Sorry to sound like such a noob, I'm certainly not mechanically inept (although...).
Emailed Kevin @ TV, waiting for a response.
Got back thru the thread a number of pages but only have so much time.
Any help woud be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Note to TV, an instruction card included in the kit would go a long way for us stoopider types!

Hey Adobewan,

We're sorry about the mistake, we sent you the wrong interface. We'll overnight you a new one, and a gift for the troubles. E-mail us your order number and we'll fix it.

sales@thermovape.com

Completely our mistake, we'll make it right!

Thx,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

Adobewan

Thanks TV.
Email is sent.

And thanks to all my FC bros who jumped in to help.
Love the camaraderie!
To all OC and So Cal FC folks. We should start networking. Speaking as an FC member, OC is a great place to be.

Adobewan,

igot5onit

tried again and got nothing. opened up the chamber and there is wax/oil everywhere in the chamber besides on the disc at the bottom. mainly on the sides and the door.

took a little more and pressed it onto the disc. baller clouds.

maybe i placed the wax too willy nilly

learning learning.

igot5onit,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Adobewan, please don't forget, the "tip" of the emerald triangle is in So Oregon . . . my package also "disappeared" off the tracking radar after going through San Fran USPS last night. We will see what tomorrow brings.

t-dub,

pecosthecat

It is always better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. :brow: :p: :brow:

CarlosSpiceyWeiner said:
I just ordered my ThermoVape with the Revolution Adapter and metal mouthpiece. I ordered one earlier this week but my wife flipped out saying "You don't need another vaporizer." So i had to cancel the order. This time i am hiding the order until it arrives at my door. It will be easier to deal with her yelling at me while hitting my ThermoVape/Revolution. :brow:

pecosthecat,

Adobewan

@t-dub
Sorry, didn't quite understand your emerald triangle note. Please don't mistake my comments about Orange County as boasting or "we've got it better than you guys" sort of thing.
Just reaching out to the So Cal FC brethren.

I imagine things are quite nice in Oregon, from the woods, to the coast, to access to God's super plant!

Adobewan,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Adobewan said:
Thanks TV.
Email is sent.

And thanks to all my FC bros who jumped in to help.
Love the camaraderie!
To all OC and So Cal FC folks. We should start networking. Speaking as an FC member, OC is a great place to be.
North OC in da house!

I almost gave up on my bowl, but found a little booger-sized piece of hash that was kinda sitting off to the side of the chamber (close to the wall). I maneuvered the little booger directly over the center and pressed it down a bit and have pulled about 10 nice clouds from it! :brow: Go booger, go!

Stu,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Well, ran home on my lunch break, and threw some moonrocks in the revolution......all i have to say is "oh my god" i have not yet found anything that i don't like about this thing. Battery life is great, efficient vaping, hassle free....no clogging, leaking, seepage, loading issues. I thought this might not be the best for in the car that i was gonna need tools ect....no way, throw it in the pocket, pull it back out in the bathroom take a quick hit, and be on my way :D If you're an errl head with a redic tolerance built up....buy this vape. By the way....this thing is WAY SMALLER than i thought itd be! Gonna shoot some videos of clouds

Xchadb,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
DISCOVERY:

Whoever has the ThermoVape + Revolution, consider yourself lucky. Why?

The Rev mouthpiece seems to work BETTER with the Herb Chamber. I am now able to pull harder (as hard as I can?) and I get nice clouds. The Rev mouthpiece + herb chamber almost feels like using the Revolution itself.

The packing of the bowl was about 3/4 full, and a sandwich of BB sized grind with finer grind in the middle. The bottom looks way browner than the top but I got really nice consistent clouds for at least 7-10 pulls. It really surprised me. I now give the Herb Chamber a 9/10 instead of 7/10 it gave it a day ago. I think I figured out how it works best, for me. It can almost rival the MFLB - other than it can't hold as much.

For those who weren't so hot on the Herb Chamber (like me!) - it think it just takes finding the right technique. Hopefully this technique will work for you - the way it did for me!

sessnet,
Urge to buy Thermovape, rising...

Are you guys finding the batteries die faster when using the Revolution with oils rather than the herb chamber? I thought it might need more heat, and exacerbate the only thing resembling an issue with the TV, the battery life.

This thing is starting to sound so damn good now, with all the trusted reviewers giving their 2 cents. I like this alot better than the Omicron for some reason, partially because it's made in the US.

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom