Discontinued ThermoVape

2clicker

Observer
darkrom said:
sessnet said:
Hi darkrom,

Are you getting the Revolution also :brow:

Nope. Non-medical state.

same here and that is one of the reasons i havent decided on a TV yet. and the batteries seem like a PITA. i love the build quality (even though some folks have some small issues) and its appearance. very discreet looking. i suppose wand hash could be a good reason for me to get a Rev :brow: has anyone put any wand hash into their revolution?

however with the Persei stuff coming i cant decide on which will fit me better overall. the batteries in the Persei last considerably longer. and the clouds it produces are monsters. very impressive. negatives being that its not as nice looking as the TV and we are still waiting on the herb chamber.

i cant decide. both look like fantastic devices. the deciding factor for me will likely be which one can can chalk a tube sufficiently.

TV/Rev or Persei...?

2clicker,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Tracking says out for deliv :) either a good or bad thing...im at work... Hope I dont need to sign, usps somtimes leaves me a key to a big mailbox for packages tho. We'll see tonight ill post some vids and see if it can get bigger hits than my toggelswitch omicron haha :)

Xchadb,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Just received mine!!! :D
Now the rigorous testing begins!!! Is there an easy way to open up the window on the revolution? It seems very tight to turn it, so perhaps it will loosen up over time. Any hints or tips not covered in the vids would be appreciated...

Bluntcrush,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
If you pull it apart you'll see how it's built. It goes together almost the same as how you insert the mouthpiece. The turn is really tough because the rubber ring is causing the friction. Take it apart and you'll see!

sessnet,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Bluntcrush said:
Just received mine!!! :D
Now the rigorous testing begins!!! Is there an easy way to open up the window on the revolution? It seems very tight to turn it, so perhaps it will loosen up over time. Any hints or tips not covered in the vids would be appreciated...

It gets easier to turn it gets some use and is warm.

Another trick is to lubricate the O-ring on the inner Revolution piece (not the mouthpiece) with a small dab of glycerol or any liquid designed for an electronic cigarette (it dose not take much).

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Okay. Here is my first impression with flowers (high grade, and with the pre-charged batts) Initially before The TV heats up fully, you will get a lot of flavor but you do not get the distinct impression you are getting vapor until after your hit. ( I also need to go back and read about more draw techniques because I can see that there is definitely a technique needed to get the most out of this) As it heated up I could feel more vapor and could see little bits on exhale. My technique thus far was to give it a full 5-7 seconds heat up and then begin my draw slowly. Then I was adding little clicks of heat and releasing as I took a 20 (or so) second draw.

I got medicated in a very smooth, clear way. It was like the sensation from an MFLB, but it was distinctly "cooler" "clearer" & More flavorful. :2c: The herbs did not brown that much, but after I considered the load spent I packed it in an elbow and took a hit with EQV thru some glass. It was a nice hit, but the vapor was very weak and on my second attempt with EQV I could tell that it was almost ALL extracted. :D

I will try The Revolution attachment later with some Chuuurch Wax that I have saved up and report on my findings. I think I also have some crumbs of some bubble bag extract that I will give a go. So far pretty excellent. I got the Revolution window thingy figured out too, so thanks everyone for all of the help!

I would like to hear other reviews and stuff about personal draw techniques as well so please share! :ninja:

Stay Lifted FC!

Bluntcrush,

igot5onit

struggling to type this:

ordered my revolution tuesday, shipped yesterday, arrived today. so lucky i live near ship point.

from the box to the dome in 60 seconds. works as advertised.

nice package. all the accoutrement, free mouthpiece, etc. batteries came charged enough.

took a nice toothpick full of deadhead og wax from BPG. 10 seconds to heat. i checked before i loaded that the ceramic glowed and it did.

and then...well like i said, from the box to the dome in 60 seconds. if you've watched the youtube...yeah.

you definitely get the off flavor from the coil oxidizing. i pray that goes away asap. other than that, 'tis a glorious little machine. we'll see what use and abuse does over time. but so far, so good.

the machining is pretty, although i hate the stainless steel on all this and the omi. the revolution unit itself is actually smaller than i expected. a little fisting and you can barely see her.

very impressed

thermovapeguy: should i just heat it a whole bunch without pulling to get the oxidizing out of the way and on to the flavah?

igot5onit,

igot5onit

oh and i was very gentle with pulling since i'm shell shocked from using the omi, but i think you can actually pull on this for realz.

can anyone else comment on draw strength/technique compared to the omi and your results?

igot5onit,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
from what I understand, the pull is stronger on the revolution, you can actually use convection to heat your extracts, the parts that don't melt down to the heat coil anyway. I believe people are also having success with more solid extracts because of this as well. I can't wait, mine should be here today or tomorrow. I have a variety of solids and oil to test out. I am wondering if they will eventually offer anodized color options for the body, since that seems to be popular among the e cig community.

jambandphan03,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Hi ThermoVapers,

I noticed the mouthpiece on the Revolution seems to be the exact same as the Herb Cartridge, except the bottom hole is smaller.

Is this the new size or is it only available with the Revolution? I ask because I would like to buy a metal one and don't really see that on the site.

Also I have an idea of using the Rev mouthpiece + a screen on the Herb adapter, so I can pull harder and not gets bits into my mouth. I will let you all know how that goes.

sessnet,

BossBrew

Metalhead
Received the Revolution early this morning around 10AM and quickly prepared for my first session with the attachment. Loaded some Pineapple Honeycomb Wax very easily into the side port by dropping a few chunks in. Halfway through my first hit my lungs immediately informed me of the vapor I was receiving. It's safe to say that the Revolution hits like a beast! I expected there to be a learning curve with the Revolution but the device couldn't be more user friendly. Vapor production begins quickly and heavily.

I would like to compare the Revolution to the Omicron quickly in terms of taste. The Revolution wins in this department. The taste is phenomenal and very similar to a dab on a nail in terms of clarity. A must have device for any concentrate connoisseur looking for tasty hits of their concentrate strains. For my next experiment I loaded the Rev with 5 drops of PureGold Plus and the results were impressive. The taste of citrus is amplified by the fantastic vapor production. I can still taste a bit of the Pineapple from before and its still delicious.

I expect to post more about the device once I have more usage under my belt but my Omicron may be taking a seat on the bench. When using the Revolution I don't have to worry about leaks, clogs, or flooding the cartridge. A bold statement I know, but I feel like this is an absolute game changing device.

For those of you on the fence about the Revolution, don't be afraid to pull the trigger. You will not regret your purchase! As Sessnet said earlier, the future is right here in my hands!

Prepare for Cumulus clouds gentleman. :cool:

BossBrew,

igot5onit

yeah, that.

i only took like 5 smaller pulls and didn't load much in. when does the oxidizing taste go away?

igot5onit,

marduk

daydreamer
Well, my TV arrived today, but I'm bummed. I can't believe my bad luck.

I've got three issues. The most minor one is when I placed the order I requested in the "special instructions" section that the standard delrin mouthpiece be switched out for a metal one. That didn't happen, so I guess somebody overlooked that request... but it's not really a big deal, and I can see how this could easily happen.

What I find much more difficult to understand, is wrench marks on three sides of the bowl, and some unknown defect in the cap. I can't tell if it's just that the nickel plating didn't get to that area, or if some chemical sat in the crevice and turned it a different color and/or left some kind of residue. It doesn't smell of anything, but... In any event, here's what I'm talking about:

pKokC.jpg

tekon.jpg

V9Ud0.jpg

So, after unscrewing the cap and seeing that, I hit the switch, half-expecting the element to not light up at all and make the whole thing complete, but it did light up. So, here I am with a functioning TV, but I can't use it! Why me? :(

ThermoVape can you tell me how to proceed? My order is #1226.

marduk,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
igot5onit, just wondering how many loads you have done so far, I am surprised to hear about the oxidizing taste, since nobody else has experienced that yet.

jambandphan03,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
marduk said:
Well, my TV arrived today, but I'm bummed. I can't believe my bad luck.

I've got three issues. The most minor one is when I placed the order I requested in the "special instructions" section that the standard delrin mouthpiece be switched out for a metal one. That didn't happen, so I guess somebody overlooked that request... but it's not really a big deal, and I can see how this could easily happen.

What I find much more difficult to understand, is wrench marks on three sides of the bowl, and some unknown defect in the cap. I can't tell if it's just that the nickel plating didn't get to that area, or if some chemical sat in the crevice and turned it a different color and/or left some kind of residue. It doesn't smell of anything, but... In any event, here's what I'm talking about:

http://i.imgur.com/pKokC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tekon.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/V9Ud0.jpg

So, after unscrewing the cap and seeing that, I hit the switch, half-expecting the element to not light up at all and make the whole thing complete, but it did light up. So, here I am with a functioning TV, but I can't use it! Why me? :(

ThermoVape can you tell me how to proceed? My order is #1226.

Looks like someone used some pliers on that bowl! What the hell!

Just send us an email directly and we'll get you out a new Thermo Core. We're here all the time and check our email frequently. Feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns.

Cheers!

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
hmmm I am hoping that the USPS is just not updating properly, my tracking only shows that it was processed in SF on the 17th, I live in OR so it should not take very long to get to me. I know...patience, yeah how long will that take??

jambandphan03,

igot5onit

jambandphan03 said:
igot5onit, just wondering how many loads you have done so far, I am surprised to hear about the oxidizing taste, since nobody else has experienced that yet.

like i said 5 pulls of a toothpick full of wax. could be the small load and/or the lack of use yet. could be the wax too, i suppose, but it definitely tastes like technology.

igot5onit,

marduk

daydreamer
ThermoVape said:
Looks like someone used some pliers on that bowl! What the hell!

Just send us an email directly and we'll get you out a new Thermo Core. We're here all the time and check our email frequently. Feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns.

Cheers!

ThermoVape

"What the hell!" is exactly what I said when I unscrewed the cap and saw that. I was doubly confused because I assumed the screwing together during assembly was just by hand with no tools needed. I guess maybe the heater core is the exception since the parts are bonded during assembly?

email sent, thanks!

marduk,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
igot5onit said:
jambandphan03 said:

like i said 5 pulls of a toothpick full of wax. could be the small load and/or the lack of use yet. could be the wax too, i suppose, but it definitely tastes like technology.

yeah, it looks to me that you might not have put enough in there yet, maybe try a bit more on the next load?

jambandphan03,

Adobewan

Hi All,

Received my Revolution adaptor today and confess I can't figure out how to attach it. I've taken the TV apart, taken the heater core out, can't find the female on the TV that matches the male on the Rev.
Sorry to sound like such a noob, I'm certainly not mechanically inept (although...).
Emailed Kevin @ TV, waiting for a response.
Got back thru the thread a number of pages but only have so much time.
Any help woud be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Note to TV, an instruction card included in the kit would go a long way for us stoopider types!

Adobewan,

Adobewan

Sorry, I believe mixed up Kevin at Arizer with Nate(?) at TV.
Apologies.

And sorry for the back to back posts.

Adobewan,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just got my Revolution in the mail and loaded it with a pinch of GDP fullmelt hash. This hash is somewhat dry, but still moist enough to mold like a soft putty. Anyway, I took a fast pull after a short 5-10 second warmup and proceeded to get all the hash sucked into my mouth. :(

I quickly realized that a much slower draw is required for using this type of hash in the Revolution. So I loaded up another chunk and hit it very slowly after about a 15 second warmup. This provided great results with superb (almost candy-like) flavor.

It's all about the draw speed with this device IMO. And from my initial testing I believe that draw speed will need to vary depending on the material being vaped. I can only imagine sucking really hard on a bowl of kief in this thing and getting a mouthful of it.

Vape educated
Vape prepared
Vape often
(can someone translate that to Latin? I think it would make a great motto!)

:peace:

Stu,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@Adobewan
Did you remove the herb bowl before attaching the Revolution?

Stu,

BossBrew

Metalhead
Adobewan said:
Hi All,

Received my Revolution adaptor today and confess I can't figure out how to attach it. I've taken the TV apart, taken the heater core out, can't find the female on the TV that matches the male on the Rev.
Sorry to sound like such a noob, I'm certainly not mechanically inept (although...).
Emailed Kevin @ TV, waiting for a response.
Got back thru the thread a number of pages but only have so much time.
Any help woud be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Note to TV, an instruction card included in the kit would go a long way for us stoopider types!
Thought it would be best for you to see the Revolution being attached to the ThermoVape T1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Psy0su2B4EQ#t=284s

BossBrew,
Top Bottom