Discontinued ThermoVape

No, I couldn't in good conscience sell this one. Id get it repaired/replaced, take the loss on shipping, then sell new unit. Last resort.
I have done almost identically to what you described. Drawing air to heat it up, tasting the herb a bit, then warming more before starting with a slow steady inhale, occasionally puffing or letting air in through the nose.
Trust me when I say Ive tried multiple heat up times, draw speeds, pre heats , "pre draws", loosening/tightening of pieces, etc.
I'm just bummed out over it, and hoping to make it right for myself somehow.

No response from TV or seller yet, but 24 hrs hasn't even passed.
You'll definitely get a response from them and I'm sure you will have your new unit by Friday at the latest.

Futuretvowner,

natural farmer

Guys, what happens with international warranty claims? You have to sent the unit to the US and then wait to get it back?

natural farmer,

OF

If any switch to concentrates is going to happen, it's going to have to advance, squarely, beyond the days of BHO.

Still seems in it's infancy, though, because butane is still far too-prominent in the marketplace for my tastes.

I think it is happening, no if about it. For better or worse, we just 'heard' the Cannabis Cup has been taken over by oil (not bud any more). Concentrates, still a dicey area as I understand the laws?

I will agree, better oils would be better. I'm not sure lots of guys don't make good oil with Butane, I've had some I think is very good. Yes, there's some junk out there. It all gets made into 'everyone's favorite' (when we can get it....) Pure Gold so at some level even the worst junk out there has a good use for us.

I'm just wondering how long it can stay 'under the radar'? Be a pity if we got a repeat of the coke/crack thing..... Not that I'm big on either of them, it's an example of how I think the straights can over react.

Just a thought.

Guys, what happens with international warranty claims? You have to sent the unit to the US and then wait to get it back?

Hard to say, but I bet it's as 'pro customer' as is reasonable. I'd email them, they're known to be quick getting back to folks.

Good luck

OF

OF,

natural farmer

So, is it more economic to use concentrates or it's just for stronger, tastier hits? I guess there is also the cost involved with making a concentrate if you don't live in a pro MJ country or state...

natural farmer,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
I think it is happening, no if about it. For better or worse, we just 'heard' the Cannabis Cup has been taken over by oil (not bud any more). Concentrates, still a dicey area as I understand the laws?

I will agree, better oils would be better. I'm not sure lots of guys don't make good oil with Butane, I've had some I think is very good. Yes, there's some junk out there. It all gets made into 'everyone's favorite' (when we can get it....) Pure Gold so at some level even the worst junk out there has a good use for us.

I'm just wondering how long it can stay 'under the radar'? Be a pity if we got a repeat of the coke/crack thing..... Not that I'm big on either of them, it's an example of how I think the straights can over react.

Just a thought.

Hard to say, but I bet it's as 'pro customer' as is reasonable. I'd email them, they're known to be quick getting back to folks.

Good luck

OF
The awards are still more heavily weighted towards the flowers, fwiw. The oils only got a short mention, not separated by indica/sativa/hybrid, as were the flowers.

Edit: Do you mean that low-quality oil/budder can be made into PureGold, OF? I am confuseded on that point... :huh:

PhreedomPhries,

OF

Trust me when I say Ive tried multiple heat up times, draw speeds, pre heats , "pre draws", loosening/tightening of pieces, etc.
I'm just bummed out over it, and hoping to make it right for myself somehow.

Quite normal and understandable, you want it to work. And it sounds like it should be. You've got good cured bud, well ground (?) and fresh batteries giving normal heat to the core (?). When troubleshooting I heat for half a minute or so then try a draw speed that fills my lungs in 15 or 20 seconds. I'll do that twice before going back to preheating. I blow out anything before a solid 'test puff'.

But I also stir between every cycle no matter, which I assume you're also doing?

OF

OF,

OF

The awards are still more heavily weighted towards the flowers, fwiw. The oils only got a short mention, not separated by indica/sativa/hybrid, as were the flowers.

Edit: Do you mean that low-quality oil/budder can be made into PureGold, OF? I am confuseded on that point... :huh:

Thanks, that's good to know as well.

Yes, that's what I'm saying, PG starts from 'feed stocks' of lesser extracts (or so they claim). They then systematically remove nasties down to the cannabinoids we all love. The extraction is done elsewhere through a variety of means as I understand. All they do is purify.

OF

VisiblyVaped

You'll definitely get a response from them and I'm sure you will have your new unit by Friday at the latest.

Heard back from original seller, shipping tomorrow for exchange or refund....though ill see what tv says if they respond before its shipped.
Quite normal and understandable, you want it to work. And it sounds like it should be. You've got good cured bud, well ground (?) and fresh batteries giving normal heat to the core (?). When troubleshooting I heat for half a minute or so then try a draw speed that fills my lungs in 15 or 20 seconds. I'll do that twice before going back to preheating. I blow out anything before a solid 'test puff'.

But I also stir between every cycle no matter, which I assume you're also doing?

OF
yessir, yessir, and yessir.
Believe it or not I've learned tons from YOUR posts on different vapes and techniques before this thread, as youre all over these boards. Trust I've tried it all.....I stirred between every inhale at one point.....
I may Exchange it for a different brand, different vape.
Sucks, but ish happens. I just dont want to deal with another restricted draw vape, if I wanted that i wouldnt have sold my iolite.
My mflb continues to impress me everytime..

VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: OF

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
I just dont want to deal with another restricted draw vape, if I wanted that i wouldnt have sold my iolite.
The iolite and the T1 are not at all, in any way, comparable devices, imo. Even the manner in which you draw on each of them is drastically different. I can't stand my iolite, it never ever gets any use, and I know many other people feel the same way. Very few un-satisfied TV users, and I chalk that up to defective units in need of exchange, or else user error...

PhreedomPhries,
You guys need to understand that everybody doesn't have the exact same opinion. It is possible for someone to just plain not like the TV. I like mine but I can definitely see the flaws and why someone wouldn't like it.

Futuretvowner,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
You guys need to understand that everybody doesn't have the exact same opinion. It is possible for someone to just plain not like the TV. I like mine but I can definitely see the flaws and why someone wouldn't like it.
That I totally agree with. Just saying that to compare it to the draw style of an iolite, or to compare it to an iolite in most any other respect, is pretty patently wrong.

PhreedomPhries,
Reactions: OF
That I totally agree with. Just saying that to compare it to the draw style of an iolite, or to compare it to an iolite in most any other respect, is pretty patently wrong.
Yeah I mean I had an Iolite too and I can see the comparison in terms of draw speed and airflow needed to produce vapor but other than that they are pretty different.

Futuretvowner,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I agree with this as well, in fact, the MFLB and TV products are almost "mutually exclusive" in a kind of way . . . especially technique wise imo . . .

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Heard back from original seller, shipping tomorrow for exchange or refund....though ill see what tv says if they respond before its shipped.

yessir, yessir, and yessir.
Believe it or not I've learned tons from YOUR posts on different vapes and techniques before this thread, as youre all over these boards. Trust I've tried it all.....I stirred between every inhale at one point.....
I may Exchange it for a different brand, different vape.
Sucks, but ish happens. I just dont want to deal with another restricted draw vape, if I wanted that i wouldnt have sold my iolite.
My mflb continues to impress me everytime..

Please give us an e-mail at sales@thermovape.com and we can get you setup

Cheers,

SameOldTim,

OF

I agree with this as well, in fact, the MFLB and TV products are almost "mutually exclusive" in a kind of way . . . especially technique wise imo . . .

Boy, ain't that the simple truth? Skills learned on the LB almost work against you sorting out the Iolite. Sure confused me, anyway.

OF

OF,
Reactions: darkrom

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
VV: Just a quick thought, since I don't recall your mentioning how long you hold the switch up.

If you haven't already, try holding up the switch the whole time. Push the switch, count to 30 or so, and then start taking hits. Take normal full strength hits. After the first hit, which will normally NOT show any vapor, but should have some taste, keep holding the switch, pause for 10 seconds, and then take another full strength hit, which also may not have a lot of vapor. Then pause for 10 seconds, and take another hit. Repeat as necessary. By the third or fourth hit, you should be getting vapor, and the T1 should start to get hot. By the fifth or sixth hit, the T1 should absolutely be hot to hold. (Not too hot to hold, but hot while you're holding it).

Keeping the battery switch up continuously will appreciably reduce your battery time, but it will tell you if your T1 is working OK, and if that's the case, then refining your technique to get more hits per battery load can come second. I also recall that early on in the thread you mentioned that your draw was severely restricted as compared to other vapes you have used. My T1 is only very slightly restricted; maybe it's primarily an airflow problem, which will definitely cause a T1 to work poorly. If restricted air flow is the root of the problem, maybe we can go back and examine what might be causing it.

I understand that you may be frustrated beyond wanting to experiment further. Most of us here don't think you're being difficult, just upset that you can't seem to get your T1 working, and we'd like to help if we can.

marduk

daydreamer
The two shipped from amazon have an all in price of $18.68. Two shipped from TV have an all in price of 26.19.

This is somewhat misleading because it assumes you are purchasing batteries only. If you buy your batteries from ThermoVape at the same time that you purchase something else, then the shipping cost shouldn't be factored in, as it won't change for two sets. So the actual price of the batteries direct from TV would be $18.94. Buying from Amazon at $18.68 would save you 26 cents.

(BTW, the above quote is included only for specifics, because I have no intention of prolonging the pointless battery argument.)

edit: forgot the standard FC 10% coupon -- that makes the TV price $17.05, so you save $1.89 if you buy them from TV in the highly unlikely scenario that you purchase other stuff at the same time.:cool:

natural farmer

This is somewhat misleading because it assumes you are purchasing batteries only. If you buy your batteries from ThermoVape at the same time that you purchase something else, then the shipping cost shouldn't be factored in, as it won't change for two sets. So the actual price of the batteries direct from TV would be $18.94. Buying from Amazon at $18.68 would save you 26 cents.

(BTW, the above quote is included only for specifics, because I have no intention of prolonging the pointless battery argument.)

IF you buy your batteries from ThermoVape at the same time that you purchase something else... That's ONE scenario...

VisiblyVaped

The iolite and the T1 are not at all, in any way, comparable devices, imo. Even the manner in which you draw on each of them is drastically different. I can't stand my iolite, it never ever gets any use, and I know many other people feel the same way. Very few un-satisfied TV users, and I chalk that up to defective units in need of exchange, or else user error...
They're different, but with similarities. I admitted it may be a defective unit and stated I'M NOT DOWN TALKING TV, just my experience.
Yeah I mean I had an Iolite too and I can see the comparison in terms of draw speed and airflow needed to produce vapor but other than that they are pretty different.
That's why i compared it....draw speed and airflow. plus, they are both portable vapes....
Again....both restricted draw, both portable....two means of a comparison there.

Please give us an e-mail at sales@thermovape.com and we can get you setup
I have, but i will fwd it and resend.
thank you

VisiblyVaped,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
If any switch to concentrates is going to happen, it's going to have to advance, squarely, beyond the days of BHO. That stuff tastes terrible, is terrible for your lungs, and is, more importantly, totally at odds with the entire reason for using a TV device to begin with (which is to excise all manner of harmful carcinogens from the air path). BHO and budder and all the rest just put contaminants right back into the vapor. It is completely antithetical to why I began vaporizing. CO2 extraction and Rick Simpson Oil/high temp water extraction oil is the way to go. That stuff tastes worlds' better through a DART, and taboot taboot, it is still very potent stuff with excellent terpene retention and expression. That's what I can see taking off. Still seems in it's infancy, though, because butane is still far too-prominent in the marketplace for my tastes.

Huh?

in Cali this transformation started a few years ago and really hit its stride last year. Yesterday was the evidence that it had completed its cycle. BHO drove the revolution.

You dont have to like it. Its not my thing for sure but it's already done here. Wathing the transformation over the last 2 years has been interesting.

and BTW: Test 3 on the T1 this afternoon and mixed success. Igave it a 20 second pre-heat a good solid slow draw and got some nice vapor. Went back for more and got nothing..... took the top off and now the Core is not firing. brand new cells so its not them. Guess I get to learn how to take the switch apart later. Glad this was just covered here. Not thrilled that I have take it apart and fix it. Meanwhile the Solo continues to provide effective and reliable medication. That 1 hit was good. I just need to figure out how to get more.

ru_frothi,
Huh?

in Cali this transformation started a few years ago and really hit its stride last year. Yesterday was the evidence that it had completed its cycle. BHO drove the revolution.

You dont have to like it. Its not my thing for sure but it's already done here. Wathing the transformation over the last 2 years has been interesting.

and BTW: Test 3 on the T1 this afternoon and mixed success. Igave it a 20 second pre-heat a good solid slow draw and got some nice vapor. Went back for more and got nothing..... took the top off and now the Core is not firing. brand new cells so its not them. Guess I get to learn how to take the switch apart later. Glad this was just covered here. Not thrilled that I have take it apart and fix it. Meanwhile the Solo continues to provide effective and reliable medication. That 1 hit was good. I just need to figure out how to get more.
Yeah I have had my fare share of problems with the TV too :\

Futuretvowner,

PB88123

Vaporist
Huh?

You just pull the switch and o-ring out. Reset the o-ring all the way down and push the switch back in all the way. I would thing give the bowl a good couple twists to make sure it is in all the way and then fire it up.

Here is a video

PB88123,

VisiblyVaped

VV: Just a quick thought, since I don't recall your mentioning how long you hold the switch up.

If you haven't already, try holding up the switch the whole time. Push the switch, count to 30 or so, and then start taking hits. Take normal full strength hits. After the first hit, which will normally NOT show any vapor, but should have some taste, keep holding the switch, pause for 10 seconds, and then take another full strength hit, which also may not have a lot of vapor. Then pause for 10 seconds, and take another hit. Repeat as necessary. By the third or fourth hit, you should be getting vapor, and the T1 should start to get hot. By the fifth or sixth hit, the T1 should absolutely be hot to hold. (Not too hot to hold, but hot while you're holding it).

Keeping the battery switch up continuously will appreciably reduce your battery time, but it will tell you if your T1 is working OK, and if that's the case, then refining your technique to get more hits per battery load can come second. I also recall that early on in the thread you mentioned that your draw was severely restricted as compared to other vapes you have used. My T1 is only very slightly restricted; maybe it's primarily an airflow problem, which will definitely cause a T1 to work poorly. If restricted air flow is the root of the problem, maybe we can go back and examine what might be causing it.

I understand that you may be frustrated beyond wanting to experiment further. Most of us here don't think you're being difficult, just upset that you can't seem to get your T1 working, and we'd like to help if we can.

I missed this, thank you.
It's definitely an airflow defect in this unit, it has to be. Ive tried like everything...its like sucking ice cream through a straw (and not sitting out, melted ice cream.....im hungry now)

VisiblyVaped,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
They're different, but with similarities. I admitted it may be a defective unit and stated I'M NOT DOWN TALKING TV, just my experience.

That's why i compared it....draw speed and airflow. plus, they are both portable vapes....

Again....both restricted draw, both portable....two means of a comparison there.

I have, but i will fwd it and resend.
thank you
You know, this is a great forum and you can get lots of help here. But to get help, generally it's a two way street. There is an answer to what's happening here but we have yet to uncover the mystery.
You are insisting it's the draw that's to blame yet you have not confirmed any of the trouble shooting questions. I have now asked twice as well as recommended a boiling. Did the boiling help? Is the draw the same both inhaling and exhaling? Also, if you have taken apart you should know were the restriction is? The mid piece, the heater core or the mouthpiece?
Lack of answers gets us assuming you have tried. And answers like yes, yes, done that been there really has me wondering how far it was actually tried. Like the heater works? You sure both elements are firing? Really sound like a dumb question and would not ask as you said you read most of this thread.

Don't forget the help you receive here is voluntarily given by enthusiasts who like to help people. Just simply stating the unit is defective but all is working as it should simply makes no sense.

Sorry if I'm coming off a little harsh but your the one needing help and you are lucky enough to have a place to ask WTF? You will end up with many answers and to try or not is up to you but us here like to know why as well because it could happen again and if it does the next similar question will be answered more quickly.

Pipes

OF

Igave it a 20 second pre-heat a good solid slow draw and got some nice vapor. Went back for more and got nothing..... took the top off and now the Core is not firing. brand new cells so its not them.

That 1 hit was good. I just need to figure out how to get more.

Great! Bummer it's followed by what we hope is a minor setback, for sure the common experience is trouble free service past the learning stage. I'm sure you'll sort it out. Since it's a no heat, both elements are probably fine, I'm with you on the switch. I assume it cooled off? I had a couple cases early on, I thought at the time it probably had to do with temperature since it was fine when I set it down.

Anyway, now that you've tasted I predict you will not be denied! Congrats and best wishes.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom