Discontinued ThermoVape

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Is there a new trick

try holding the switch up 10-15 seconds before hitting mate, also the hot air at the bottom needs to come up, so try hitting a little harder, maybe a lot harder. I like straight cheeching mine. Are you grinding or putting nuggets in? Check to see if your holes in the cap are clogged, use a pin needle to poke through. The bowl seems to like some air flow for bigger clouds. Also if your having trouble I find some skateboard grip tape on the switch works wonders on how long you can hold the switch up for.

kushcabbage,
Keep trying to use it, but its very restrictive. Looks like its heating well.......hmm.
Side by side my mflb was soooo much easier to hit just now.

Is there a new trick, besides the slow inhales, puffs, milkshake pulls slowly but forcefully, etc?
I cleaned the top holes, but its still bad, and I would surely prefer to not sell it
I've never had an issue with there being a difficulty drawing. Use a pin or paper clip to poke through the mouthpiece holes and don't fill the bowl up so much.

Futuretvowner,

ManicMaurice

I've never had an issue with there being a difficulty drawing. Use a pin or paper clip to poke through the mouthpiece holes and don't fill the bowl up so much.

I've notice that the draw is pretty stiff when compared to the Evo. Is this a common experience?

ManicMaurice,

VisiblyVaped

try holding the switch up 10-15 seconds before hitting mate, also the hot air at the bottom needs to come up, so try hitting a little harder, maybe a lot harder. I like straight cheeching mine. Are you grinding or putting nuggets in? Check to see if your holes in the cap are clogged, use a pin needle to poke through. The bowl seems to like some air flow for bigger clouds. Also if your having trouble I find some skateboard grip tape on the switch works wonders on how long you can hold the switch up for.
I do. I may try more preheat, regarding hitting harder that's probably still an issue as I can almost feel my lungs expelling shit constantly (new combustion to vape convert).
I poke with pin after every use, and then blow through. I have a thick rubber band i use like grip tape, I saw that pic awhile nack and gave me the idea but I was cheap, works all the same.

Always poke, grind, and only pack what would amount in the combusting days to a hitter or two

VisiblyVaped,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I've notice that the draw is pretty stiff when compared to the Evo. Is this a common experience?
Mine is tighter then the EVO. IIRC I had a draw problem when unit was new. It seemed to blow out much easier then sucked in. As if some kind of flap was in the path some where. It just seemed to go away somehow. I did narrow it down to something to do with when heating chamber is screwed into the mid section. (the flow was the same both ways when removed) Just lived with it and it seemed to go away. I remember as the sound changed as well when draw eased up. My conclusion was I may have had some ejuice between the Delrin cover and the mid section which was blocking a hole or two. If I'm correct a boiling of the mid section might help.
Just an idea on the draw.
Cheers,
Pipes

Pipes,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Thinking for possible scratching etc. Toothpicks are a safer bet...
Although in a pinch anything will do but remember that it's plating and can scratch.

Pipes

Pipes,

VisiblyVaped

Guys, about the draw... Is the TV1 draw harder than a Solo? I always thought of the opposite. People always complaining about the Solo restrictiveness, you know...
i went vape crazy recently. Thus, i now own the TV, the solo, the mflb, and a volcano thats being sold.

Yes, to answer your question. The tv is a harder draw. I got one of Eds stems for the solo which kicks ass but even stock glass is less restrictive.
I love everything about the tv.....except that i cant hit it

VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: ili

natural farmer

i went vape crazy recently. Thus, i now own the TV, the solo, the mflb, and a volcano thats being sold.

Yes, to answer your question. The tv is a harder draw. I got one of Eds stems for the solo which kicks ass but even stock glass is less restrictive.
I love everything about the tv.....except that i cant hit it

Hmmm, maybe I should stick with my Solo/VaporLung combo for the time... That was one of the reasons I was drawn to the Thermo. I was planning on trading the Solo for a T1 and later get a HI when I would be able to afford it and cover all bases, but now I 'm not so sure any more... Better go for a stem from Ed to improve portability and airflow and see how it goes until I can really test a Thermo up close.
Thanks for the insight VV! :)

natural farmer,

VisiblyVaped

Hmmm, maybe I should stick with my Solo/VaporLung combo for the time... That was one of the reasons I was drawn to the Thermo. I was planning on trading the Solo for a T1 and later get a HI when I would be able to afford it and cover all bases, but now I 'm not so sure any more... Better go for a stem from Ed to improve portability and airflow and see how it goes until I can really test a Thermo up close.
Thanks for the insight VV! :)
I'm not down talking Tv, maybe i just suck. Or my units bad....
But my mflb and my solo are both better hitters.
AND I CANT STRESS ENOUGH....EDS STEM
I ordered one, used it, realized its fantastic and versatile (worked in my waterpipe) and tonight ordered one more and one to try for the mflb.
Plus, hes a community member and his service is impeccable. Dude legitimately wants everyone to be happy and enjoy his stems. Anything goes wrong, hes on it.
Sorry for the ramble, I'm vaped

Edit: curious, tried again. If i loosen everything and take the mouthpiece tip off entirely it hits but still restrictive

VisiblyVaped,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
not trying to be a fan boy but just had a great session with the T1 and then screwed in the dart on after and felt nice and toasty on a hike. Big clouds if you use fresh batteries and get the technique down, cheers

kushcabbage,
Reactions: OF

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I'm not down talking Tv, maybe i just suck. Or my units bad....
Or not sucking enough?...LOL
Seriously, let's first see if something is up with the unit.
Question. Is the flow the same whether you suck as when you blow?

Remove the heater cord and see if restricted by sucking and blowing directly using the bowl.

Next do the same with the mid section. (leave switch installed or put finger over the hole)
At this point is where I got confused as all seemed good until I put it back together and then had the same easier exhale then inhale. After I repeatedly scratching my head and dis-assembled and re-assembled, I gave up. I think it got better after a boil which I did not do right away as never thought it had anything to do with it.
I read your post and it sounded so similar. Got me thinking that if they use VG for assembly that it makes sense that some could get behind the Delrin and that stuff takes forever the evaporate. I though this before but, since I use ejuice all the time, figured it was me.
Something to try anyway,
Pipes

VisiblyVaped

Or not sucking enough?...LOL
Seriously, let's first see if something is up with the unit.
Question. Is the flow the same whether you suck as when you blow?

Remove the heater cord and see if restricted by sucking and blowing directly using the bowl.

Next do the same with the mid section. (leave switch installed or put finger over the hole)
At this point is where I got confused as all seemed good until I put it back together and then had the same easier exhale then inhale. After I repeatedly scratching my head and dis-assembled and re-assembled, I gave up. I think it got better after a boil which I did not do right away as never thought it had anything to do with it.
I read your post and it sounded so similar. Got me thinking that if they use VG for assembly that it makes sense that some could get behind the Delrin and that stuff takes forever the evaporate. I though this before but, since I use ejuice all the time, figured it was me.
Something to try anyway,
Pipes
Im going to pull the core out and check it....haven't taken it out before

VisiblyVaped,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Im going to pull the core out and check it....haven't taken it out before
Most have no problem, might need a piece of rubber.
At least you'll get to know your T1 inside and out. No need to remove the Delrin. That can be a bitch. I tried and got it started but though "for what?" there is nothing under there to see. So just got it back in it's place. Never moved it since.

BTW, is the restriction the same inhaling and exhaling? Curious.

Pipes

Pipes,

VisiblyVaped

Nothing is working. Ive contacted TV and the retailer.....not sure what im hoping for here.
I assume TV would attempt to repair it, im almost frustrated to the point of trying to exchange it.
It physically hurts to try to hit this thing...slow, fast, pulsating....all futile.

VisiblyVaped,
Nothing is working. Ive contacted TV and the retailer.....not sure what im hoping for here.
I assume TV would attempt to repair it, im almost frustrated to the point of trying to exchange it.
It physically hurts to try to hit this thing...slow, fast, pulsating....all futile.
just send it back and get a new one

Futuretvowner,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
You missed one. LONG.
Guess you confirmed all is normal with the airway.
I'm assuming so.
Let's give this a whirl. Make sure the batteries are topped up.
Load a 90% bowl. Don't be shy as lighter bowls do not work well.
Relax, take a breath. release relax.
Push the switch up. Take 3 more deep breaths while holding the switch up. 10 seconds or so.
Start a slow draw, keep going,.....more......starting to fell the need to breath, cheat, take a small breath via your nose, this might take a while. Feel the intake with the tip of your tongue. Starting to taste better and better. Feeling the change with your tongue gives you feed back whether to increase, decrease or do some fancy ramping.
Man, now I have to test this out again.....LOL
If this hasn't gotten any vapour you may friend have something major going on.
Cheers,
Pipes

VisiblyVaped

You missed one. LONG.
Guess you confirmed all is normal with the airway.
I'm assuming so.
Let's give this a whirl. Make sure the batteries are topped up.
Load a 90% bowl. Don't be shy as lighter bowls do not work well.
Relax, take a breath. release relax.
Push the switch up. Take 3 more deep breaths while holding the switch up. 10 seconds or so.
Start a slow draw, keep going,.....more......starting to fell the need to breath, cheat, take a small breath via your nose, this might take a while. Feel the intake with the tip of your tongue. Starting to taste better and better. Feeling the change with your tongue gives you feed back whether to increase, decrease or do some fancy ramping.
Man, now I have to test this out again.....LOL
If this hasn't gotten any vapour you may friend have something major going on.
Cheers,
Pipes
minus a bit of your unique technique sir, I have tried almost identical technique.
I cant imagine anything that is that hard to hit being normal.
Now, let's assume i dont have the greatest lungs, but tbh I train vigorously daily, run consistently, and have gotten compliments on my cardio from those I trained with before, especially for someone who smoked herb heavily and tobacco socially while maintaining an intense regimen.......

VisiblyVaped,

OF

minus a bit of your unique technique sir, I have tried almost identical technique.
I cant imagine anything that is that hard to hit being normal.
Now, let's assume i dont have the greatest lungs, but tbh I train vigorously daily, run consistently, and have gotten compliments on my cardio from those I trained with before, especially for someone who smoked herb heavily and tobacco socially while maintaining an intense regimen.......

I'm a little concerned your trying to use your combustion skills and experience here. Comments like "anything that is that hard to hit being normal" cause this. Please excuse me if I'm off base here.

I see lots of talk about slow, fast, pulsing (?), and so on but no mention of trying 'the 3 step technique', which, IMO is the only good way to approach this guy. It is not like other (most) vapes, let alone combustion. You must use it as it's designed, not as you wish or are used to.

You need two complete steps before you hit, do them right and it's hard to fail. Ignore them, or skimp on either and you're doomed. You end up with exactly the sorts of problems you're having. There are literally many thousands of these out there performing as designed for their happy owners, if yours heats normally, it should be basically identical....as identical as the best automated machines can make them.

Are you using the 3 step technique "by the numbers?

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Well considering no one is going to pay 4 extra dollars per set to buy them from their website it really wouldn't be that ridiculous for them to offer the batteries to us at wholesale price+ shipping. Do you really think that they make the majority of profits off of their battery sales?

The batteries aren't proprietary to Thermovape. They are buying them at wholesale from another company and charging a pretty large amount to distribute them. According to http://www.all-battery.com/rcr123a30v750mahlifepo4rechargeablebattery.aspx If you buy in quantities of 100 or more you pay $2.63 per set. We have to assume that Thermovape is buying in much larger quantities than this and thus getting an even bigger discount. I personally wouldn't be surprised if they were paying around $2 per battery or $4 per set. They are currently charging $9.47 per set on there website Thus they are making over 137% profit on the batteries for just distributing. There is no reason they can't offer them to us at the wholesale price. I doubt making a large profit from Batteries is a vital part of their business model.

Well that No one must be me. I bought some batteries from them last week and I bought some of them from them at the Cannabis Cup....

ru_frothi,
Reactions: OF

VisiblyVaped

I'm a little concerned your trying to use your combustion skills and experience here. Comments like "anything that is that hard to hit being normal" cause this. Please excuse me if I'm off base here.

I see lots of talk about slow, fast, pulsing (?), and so on but no mention of trying 'the 3 step technique', which, IMO is the only good way to approach this guy. It is not like other (most) vapes, let alone combustion. You must use it as it's designed, not as you wish or are used to.

You need two complete steps before you hit, do them right and it's hard to fail. Ignore them, or skimp on either and you're doomed. You end up with exactly the sorts of problems you're having. There are literally many thousands of these out there performing as designed for their happy owners, if yours heats normally, it should be basically identical....as identical as the best automated machines can make them.

Are you using the 3 step technique "by the numbers?

OF
While that would be a good observation if by 3 steps you mean " preheat, slow draw to begin drawing hot air over the herb, then a continous steady inhale"....been there, done that.
I read the majority of this thread before purchasing, including paying attention to techniques and watching vids/tutorials.
I'm sorely disappointed.

I'd think you were right if I had an issue with all vapes but my mflb is fantastic, my solo is great, volcano....well....too simple to be included.
Only problem is the TV.

I packed up the kit last night after one more failed attempt. And ive tried all 3 sets of batteries fully charged.
This thing is going back or being sold. Very, very close to brand new.

Bottom line, its uncomfortable to hit, and thus can't be right for me UNLESS this one is indeed defective.

VisiblyVaped,

OF

While that would be a good observation if by 3 steps you mean " preheat, slow draw to begin drawing hot air over the herb, then a continous steady inhale"....been there, done that.

I packed up the kit last night after one more failed attempt. And ive tried all 3 sets of batteries fully charged.
This thing is going back or being sold. Very, very close to brand new.

Bottom line, its uncomfortable to hit, and thus can't be right for me UNLESS this one is indeed defective.

Yes, that's more or less it (at least the first two steps), the key bit is you draw hot air in until vaping actually starts before going to step 3, the hit. Sounds to me like that never happened? "begin drawing hot air over the herb, then a continuous (sp) steady inhale" is not a correct definition of step 2. The correct one includes a test (which it seems has never been passed?). At that point you should go back again to step 1 until you make vapor, then and only then go for the hit.

FWIW, I think you're still trying to rush through step 2 with the expected results. I don't think you've done it yet, sounds like you never completed step 2? You need more heat. Still.

Your call to send it back, of course, but I hope you weren't serious about selling it to some innocent if you think it might be defective?

Good luck.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom